PDA

View Full Version : GC-Challenge: Is c-mode with 2 ppl possible?

Hrigg
Jul 22, 2004, 04:55 PM
Okay...I'm wonderin'. Is it possible to complete c-mode completely and with a good time with only 2 people? If so, what classes should be used? Thanks much.

Sharkyland
Jul 22, 2004, 05:46 PM
On 2004-07-22 14:55, Hrigg wrote:
Okay...I'm wonderin'. Is it possible to complete c-mode completely and with a good time with only 2 people? If so, what classes should be used? Thanks much.

From a post that I read earlier, it is very difficult to do, and the best time the people got with 2 ppl is 7 hours and 30 minutes for ep1.

Hrigg
Jul 22, 2004, 05:56 PM
All right. Thanks!

Sharkyland
Jul 22, 2004, 06:02 PM
Though... there is a way to do it less, but it's not reccomended and looked down upon...

Hrigg
Jul 22, 2004, 06:06 PM
I'm desperate for any tips whatsoever though.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sharkyland
Jul 23, 2004, 03:16 AM
You would have to use the AR code.

Sheik1
Jul 23, 2004, 05:17 AM
mm...2 player challenge...in my opinion...is quite fun, especially C9. It is quite fun to do, but don't look for a clear time that is decent. I think though, under 7 hours is not difficult 2 player. It is great for practice and playing with a friend to improve skill. I especially like doing C9 2 player.

Often players will play E2C4 2 player on Alcyone. I see these games VERY often 9 (along with C9)...but are usually not written in English for obvious reasons...the players need to talk to each other quite well and learn from each other...so someone of the same native language is preferred.

Every puzzle in challenge can be solved with only 2 people...the required puzzles anyway. I encountered a puzzle in C7 when I was playing 2 player with a friend that looked like it needed 3 players, but it is not required to do.

So, I will say it is very do-able and very fun...without cheating!lol Cheating is the devil...if I ever see a player use a cheat in challenge I will do my best to get to the end of the stage and make sure to make a glorious tomb mark...

I actually did this in a C1 room before...the dragon accidently squished my poor FOnl...and I happened to loose my scape doll...oops!

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 07:45 AM
My friend Lonewolf (Ramar) and I (Humar) completed E1 Challenge alone without too much difficulty. Our time was rubbish though. Most trouble we had was on C9, although Falz wasn't a problem, strangely. I'm sure that if you used 2 androids it would be easier !

Hrigg
Jul 23, 2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the tips! Sorry I didn't specify earlier, but I don't have online, I can only play offline with my little brother and my friends.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 11:37 AM
Apart from bad camera angles and having to teleport together, there is no real difference off-line. No risk of DC or FSOD is an advantage, and communication is instantaneous! Good luck (pity about the Sranks though).

Hrigg
Jul 23, 2004, 01:01 PM
True, true... I'm never gonna get an s-rank weapon unless I ask my friend Alex. He's obsessed with online play. It's his life.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Deus-Irae
Jul 25, 2004, 01:15 AM
ok, ive been attempting 2 person cmode offline for the past few months (once a week for 2-3 hrs...)

its rough, but definitly possible.

we've been on c6 for the past 2 weeks or so and its been pretty rough. once we beat this one, im think we'll be able to keep the momentum going to beat the whole thing.

basically you need good teamwork, some patience, and good luck with maps and weapon drops.

it was reccomended to me by an old pro that you use 2 bots as a 2 player cmode team: Hucaseal for strength/accuracy and either a Racaseal or a Racast for the accuracy and usage of all gun types. (a FO is no good. you run out of TP way too fast to be of much use past c1) bots can heal HP too, which might help out towards the end of some of the longer stages.

GUNS and TRAPS are the key here. guns to keep enemies at a distance and traps for large groups and the tougher enemies.

but its hard and lots of work! c1 was really tough at first because my partner was just learing how to play PSO and cmode.

after that, c4 took many tries. it is a long level with lots of puzzles and some paths were you have to split up, and finally the boss.

once you get past c4 (tough stuff!) c6 is the next big hurdle. then its off to the ruins! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

we've been close to beating c6 a few times, so im positive its possible, and c6 is usually the hardest stage (depending on your map/drop luck)

good luck! let us know how you do.

im going to keep at it myself. it can be frustrating, but is quite fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deus-Irae on 2004-07-24 23:17 ]</font>

Capricornus
Jul 26, 2004, 04:50 AM
You are perfectly right Deus, Cmode with 2 players is perfectly possible, I can tell.

However, the 1 million dollar question is: 'is it doable in less then 7 hours'
Unless you have 2 experts (1 is not enough) are incredibly lucky with the weapons, items (read mats and grinders) and enemy spawns I'm afraid to tell you only Tom Cruise is able to clear it in much less than 7 hours (Mission Impossible http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I personally cleared it with 2 players in a time over 7 hours and had to replay some stages with 3 players to get my total time below 7 hours.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2004-07-26 02:51 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 26, 2004, 02:19 PM
Yes, to do it less than 7 hours is difficult and that was what I was trying to explain in my previous posts.

Though I seriously do not know the requirements for A rank or B rank for that matter either, but it is possible to do cmode offline with 2 ppl

goku4ever
Aug 1, 2004, 01:50 PM
I just started C mode for the first time with a mate today and its really fun! (offline only) but mega hard we got stuck on the caves and he died http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deus-Irae
Aug 2, 2004, 02:44 AM
still stuck on c6 here.

after many many restarts, we finally get some great weps and a decent map, but ran out of time (i had to leave) cutting a promising run short.

another couple of weeks should do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

SLON
Aug 2, 2004, 07:23 AM
Try mixing your characters for different stages. A Racaseal is very useful in stages where you have to use swords as Hunters. There is nothing more frustrating than waving your big sword at the enemy and seeing Miss Miss Miss come up!
Example, you are playing with two Hunters. Swop one of them for a Racaseal and play the stage through. Then swop the other one for the Racaseal and play the stage through again. Once on the next stage go back to playing the Hunters. Ok, so effectively you are playing 3 characters, but only 2 at once!
If you can only manage 2 players, this is, I hope, a useful trick.