PDA

View Full Version : Why the hatred?

Anuminus
Jul 22, 2004, 06:12 PM
Ok, first off I was wondering why the people of PSOW hate these items so much, (If I missed any please let me know.)
-Heaven's Punisher
-Belra Cannon
-Maser Beam
-Power Maser

I already know why the Section ID Cards, TJ Sword, BKB, Double Cannon and Sange and Yasha are hated, obviously a lot of them used to be awesome super rares until they got hacked and duped but what about these other ones? Whats so bad about them? I looked at the stats and finding for Heaven's Punisher and I guess it could be hated for having low ATP and ATA and being almost immpossible to find but what about Belra Cannon and the others? Whats so bad about them?

RicoRoyal
Jul 22, 2004, 06:17 PM
I wont speak for the HP or the PM, since I don't own them.

Maser Beam - It shoots zonde... that's it. Really, zonde.

Belra Cannon - Looks awful. Is painfully slow. Shitty special. NO COMBO.

Anuminus
Jul 22, 2004, 06:23 PM
Whoa, thats horrible, here's something thats more of a statement then a question, Why the Hell did Sonic Team put these horrible weapons in this game?!?
I guess just bragging rights, "I got this uber-rare item that sucks! Check it out!"

EDIT: Anyone who owns a Power Maser? Is it any better then the Maser Beam?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anuminus on 2004-07-22 16:27 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 22, 2004, 06:34 PM
The reason those weapons are hated is because, as Ian so eloquently puts it, they suck ass.

There are so many weapons in the same class that work much better, have much better specials and so forth - although I don't know about Belra's Cannon because I've never seen one - but I've never seen an s-rank card and I'm pretty sure that sucks ass as well.

I have seen many Heaven's Punishers used by hackers on the xbox for the "cool special man"

So what.

I'll stick with my frozen shooter, s-rank shot, spread needle, yas 9000ms, yas 7000v, yas 3000r, yas 2000h, red handgun, holy ray and others before those (I don't have all these, mind you, but I'd hunt them down before I kill some poor damn bear for his HP).

Just my opinion.

Anuminus
Jul 22, 2004, 06:37 PM
All right. I was just wondering why they were so disliked. Anyway, thanks.

Jason
Jul 22, 2004, 07:49 PM
As a HP is useless like many said with some says that a Red Handgun is better, why isn't HP equipable for hunters as a Red Handgun is that is a better gun? HP is cool I must say, it may not be such but it does have some of it good uses. If my HUmar can equip one, I would go for one to use it just for fun. Maybe I'll get one if I do have a ranger.

Aceleonhart
Jul 22, 2004, 09:33 PM
there are quite a few over-rated rares... i had a heaven's punisher once which i found. useless weapon, made even more useless if ur playing between the wrong beats. lost it to fsod...

apparently psycho wand is supposed to be useless as well since it sucks the hp out of u per spell. i stopped looking for it after hearing that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aceleonhart on 2004-07-22 19:34 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 22, 2004, 09:40 PM
On 2004-07-22 19:33, Aceleonhart wrote:

apparently psycho wand is supposed to be useless as well since it sucks the hp out of u per spell. i stopped looking for it after hearing that...

But it reduces TP cost to 1/2 and boosts hard techs by 20% 30%. Very much worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-22 19:42 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 22, 2004, 09:49 PM
all rares are cool to me.. even DB sabers. anything looks better than saber +2....

Cc08
Jul 22, 2004, 10:20 PM
Another downside to the belra cannon that wasn't mentioned is that it can't have any %'s, which makes it even more useless...

Skorpius
Jul 23, 2004, 01:04 AM
On 2004-07-22 20:20, Cc08 wrote:
Another downside to the belra cannon that wasn't mentioned is that it can't have any %'s, which makes it even more useless...

You can add percents, just no hit -.-

RedSchwar
Jul 23, 2004, 01:07 AM
Well, any %s other than hit prettymuch are useless unless you're getting to like 60 or up.

Eihwaz
Jul 23, 2004, 01:12 AM
On 2004-07-22 16:12, Anuminus wrote:
-Heaven's Punisher

People don't use HP for the fact that it's a good handgun. They use it for the special attack. It deals grants-like damage to all enemies nearby. From what I've heard, it's just really annoying and weak online. In it's defense, if you want a good Handgun, it is pretty damn strong, but then again, Red Handgun or perhaps even Ruby Bullet are easier to get.

-Belra Cannon

It's a non-comboing, RAnger only shotgun that only shoots one bullet. It's pathetic.

-Maser Beam
-Power Maser

Maser Beam shoots out one weak zonde shot, Power Maser shoots several, but doesn't combo. They DO look really nice, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-07-24 03:58 ]</font>

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 07:25 AM
Heaven Punisher was a great weapon to have on PSOV1. Dont forget character level 100 was the max back then, and also there was no Ultimate level. Ultimate mode has made many cool V1 weapons obsolete.

Aredhel
Jul 23, 2004, 08:57 AM
On 2004-07-22 19:49, digigram wrote:
all rares are cool to me.. even DB sabers. anything looks better than saber +2....

I love you.

It's nice to hear the voice of reason unadulterated by delusions of having the greatest character around.

Evergea
Jul 23, 2004, 09:47 AM
In defence of the Heaven Punisher, I think many GC users are spoiled. I'm a Dreamcast PSO veteran, and if you got a rare you where proud to even own it.

I had a 25% Native Heaven Punisher that was all around one of the most useful items in the game. It did 80 damage with the special in most cases to ult enemies, quite handy if you're other weapons aren't suited for a certain area. In forest with the percent it had, it did a nasty 700 damage regularily on a heavy attack with shifta/zalure used (lv 30 respectively).

In battle mode, all it took was three shots from the special and a lv 130 player was down for the count. It's fun watching a player heal to death before the Punisher's special finally gets them.

The Heaven Punisher has about 100 more atp in Ep 1 and 2, and only has 10 ata less than it did before in the DC version.

Now don't get me wrong, but the Racast and Racaseal had dang high ata in the DC version, it's unchanged in the Ep 1 and 2 version I think. The Ramar and Ramarl have higher ata now.

The only thing I can see being a disadvantage is if the special was made even weaker.

Even then, it's an awesome gun.

The Maser Beam, I can see that being pretty bad.

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 11:09 AM
While it's true the HP was a useful weapon on the DC, the same could be said for many weapons that are now considered trade bait or meseta fodder on the GC and xbox platforms.

I had a Stag Cutlery on the DC version and that was an awesome weapon for me at the time. Now, one drops and everyone says, "oh, another stag cutlery, meh - anyone want it?" Hell, even Dragon Slayers were pretty good on the old DC.

My weapon on the DC was the Spread Needle - that was one frickin great weapon. Now, although it's still a good weapon, it's not equippable by everyone and it doesn't have the awesome power it had on the DC.

So, times change and what once was considered good now sucks ass.

heyf00L
Jul 23, 2004, 01:28 PM
Ultimate enemies have too much light resistance for the HP to really be very good. But I wouldn't mind having one. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Jason
Jul 23, 2004, 11:41 PM
On 2004-07-23 09:09, Sitka wrote:
So, times change and what once was considered good now sucks ass.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Yes. Pretty much. But not true for some items.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-23 21:46 ]</font>

tennis_guy
Jul 24, 2004, 01:28 AM
Heaven's Punisher was very useful to me. I've been killing Zol Gibbins for days now, looking for Secure Feet. Ul Gibbins run around everywhere in Mountain Area, shocking the crap out of you. With my heaven's punisher, I know that they take exactly 9 shots (the special) to kill, and it keeps them at bay so they can't shock me while I shoot them. Now that I have my Cure/Shock, I don't use the Heaven's that much though.

Aurra
Aug 4, 2004, 01:19 PM
The Heaven Punisher wasn't an awesome weapon on V1 because it had higher ATP or anything, it's because the special attack did non-elemental damage. It didn't do this crappy weak Holy damage stuff, it did a stronger-than-hard-attack attack that hit all enemies within range. Kind of like the untekked Lavis special attack, only it had a HUGE range.

Hrith
Aug 4, 2004, 03:54 PM
Aurra O_o good to see you man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif