PDA

View Full Version : Rare mag for a FOnewearl

Zetsumi
Jul 22, 2004, 08:22 PM
Well, I just made a FOnewearl (Pinkal), and I was wondering what rare mag I should try and aim for. The guides aren't helping, and some of them just seem so confusing and not detailed at all.

So which rare mag should I aim for, considering I'm mainly going to raise her to be a support Force? And who needs to evolve it at what levels?

(P.S. I'm a new member here, as you can see, but I dunno if I'll post alot.)

Ketchup345
Jul 22, 2004, 08:31 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewtopsection&section=Mags&secver=1

There is a guide for it:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1305
(I should probably edit the guide though..., but the FOrces suggestions still stay the same).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-22 18:33 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Jul 22, 2004, 08:34 PM
the guides are plenty helpful if you look at the right ones.
i personally use a sato, as the invincibility helps out alot.

id reccomend PB's pilla, mylla and youlla( mainly to help team mates) and probably estlla.

look at the guides for which mags get what PB's and take it from there.

also use stat maxing guides if you intend to go that far.

and for a support force id reccomend 50/0/0/150. mst for good techs and defense so you stay alive. although you may need less DEF than that

hope that helps

EDIT: just delete her and remake her with a better ID as well. redria if you haven't got that and if you have(and assuming you have a skyly and greenill/purplenum) a whitll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darthsaber9x9 on 2004-07-22 18:36 ]</font>

Zetsumi
Jul 22, 2004, 09:31 PM
Ketchup, that guide is what I don;'t undertsand. When it lists Group A, Group B for example, does that mean that the class it's listed under should get one of the group A or B mags?

And I've heard Pinkal is a great ID for Forces...Doesn't Redria specialize in Armors?

Anyways, I'm levelling my, also newly-made RAmarl right now, so I can wait for more comments.

And I do have a Greenill and Skyly (RAmarl and HUcast)

So...yeah. Why should I make her Redria instead of Pinkal?

Quo
Jul 22, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-07-22 19:31, Zetsumi wrote:
Ketchup, that guide is what I don;'t undertsand. When it lists Group A, Group B for example, does that mean that the class it's listed under should get one of the group A or B mags?

And I've heard Pinkal is a great ID for Forces...Doesn't Redria specialize in Armors?

Anyways, I'm levelling my, also newly-made RAmarl right now, so I can wait for more comments.

Group A and B refer to section ID groups. I'm not sure which ID is in each group though. You'd have to look that up.

Pinkal is the worst section ID in the game. Back on DC is was good for Forces because it found higher level tech disks sooner. On Eps 1&2 though, all section IDs have the same frequency and timing for tech disks. Look at the rare drops to check on which ID you like more. Just don't pick pinkal. Purplenum, believe it or not, is an excellent section ID for Forces.

Welcome to PSOWorld.

Nai_Calus
Jul 22, 2004, 09:51 PM
Screw the rare mags, make yourself a B-type Hunter and a Soma! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Cc08
Jul 22, 2004, 10:25 PM
Pinkal is the worst section ID in the game. Back on DC is was good for Forces because it found higher level tech disks sooner. On Eps 1&2 though, all section IDs have the same frequency and timing for tech disks. Look at the rare drops to check on which ID you like more. Just don't pick pinkal. Purplenum, believe it or not, is an excellent section ID for Forces. I agree with this, Purplenum/Redria are excellent FO IDs. However, there is an often overlooked fact about Pinkal that makes it a little better for FO's. It is that they can find all the Amplifiers of * and all the barriers required to make * Merges.

Quo
Jul 22, 2004, 10:33 PM
On 2004-07-22 20:25, Cc08 wrote:

Pinkal is the worst section ID in the game. Back on DC is was good for Forces because it found higher level tech disks sooner. On Eps 1&2 though, all section IDs have the same frequency and timing for tech disks. Look at the rare drops to check on which ID you like more. Just don't pick pinkal. Purplenum, believe it or not, is an excellent section ID for Forces. I agree with this, Purplenum/Redria are excellent FO IDs. However, there is an often overlooked fact about Pinkal that makes it a little better for FO's. It is that they can find all the Amplifiers of * and all the barriers required to make * Merges.

But you can find them all with a combination of other IDs too. It's not like pinkal has some barrier or amplifier that no other ID can get.

Screw the rare mags Ian?! What about your beloved Rati?

Nazo
Jul 22, 2004, 11:35 PM
Unlike the other inconsiderate members, *stares above* I welcome you:

Welcome to PSOW.

Enjoy your stay, no smoking or spamming unless you're in fkl http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif , and read all the stickies before you post something that you think is phenomenal, but is actually something we've heard over 50 times.

FOnewearl Pinkal; that's exactly the same as my Laxanix on the GC before I changed her to a Bluefull (Laxaniv). I recommend Sato; healing, casting Shifta & deband, etc. doesn't come in handy as much as you'd wish. Sato's invincibility, contrary to some thoughts, comes in more handy then you think. Its saved my ass from Olga's heaven's punisher at times. I highly recommend it; or you can just get a rati, which you should ask the member Ian-Kun X about.

Nai_Calus
Jul 22, 2004, 11:54 PM
MIND Rati are annoying to raise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Soma does invin like everyone gets a hardon for, is a MIND mag, can easily be raised to be 5/0/35/160 with Estlla, Pilla and Mylla&Youlla, and it's a nifty-looking dual mag. What's not to like, other than having to hand it off to a B-type HU for maintainence?

Quo
Jul 23, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-07-22 21:54, Ian-KunX wrote:
MIND Rati are annoying to raise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

All Rati are annoying to raise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 23, 2004, 12:08 AM
On 2004-07-22 22:01, Quo wrote:

On 2004-07-22 21:54, Ian-KunX wrote:

All Rati are annoying to raise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

I meant from L5-100. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

POW/DEX Rati are really easy to get to L100. MIND Rati are a bit squicky.

Eihwaz
Jul 23, 2004, 01:07 AM
Well, it would help to know if you're online or offline...

I'd use this link to raise yourself up a high-Mind Mag, and then get yourself a good, compatable Mag Cell, and make a KapuKapu, Soniti, or something like that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Otherwise, I'd make a blue Rati...mind Rati are damn hard to raise, but it will be worth it. Stats at level 100 are 5/0/45/50.

Ketchup345
Jul 23, 2004, 09:01 AM
On 2004-07-22 19:31, Zetsumi wrote:

The Group A, B, C are the Mags and their special abilities. When a "Group" is listed under a character, it means that that group of Mags ould be good for that character.

And yes, Pinkal is easily the worst ID in the game. It finds Wands (you only need one of each 9*) and Merge items (you can get the best ones with a combination of "required" IDs).

Redria has the best ID exclusive items in the game. It also has a good selection of Armors. If you don't mind piping for rare enemies, this ID has some insanely goodpipable rares- Magic Rock: Iritista, Cure/Shock, Demo Comet, Lavis Cannon, more.

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 11:41 AM
Here we go again - everyone dumping on the Pinkal id.

Dammit!

My FOnewearl is Pinkal and it's been a damn good id for her - so there!

ANyway, no Pinkal doesn't find more or higher level discs than other id's, but I found more amps, barriers and made merges of every kind including all three basic attack merges which are awesome on a FOnewearl.

Also, the ability to find magic weapons that boost all three basic spells is very easy for Pinkal.

Pinkal finds in Episode II can be very good - I've gotten several sets of Asuka's from the Barba Ray - easy drop and valuable to hand off to hunters you've made.

Pinkal is the only ID that finds Evil Curst, easily one of the best force weapons in the game. Yes, the drop rate is difficult, but so is the drop rate for several other incredibly awesome weapons that everyone seems ready to spend piping 100's of Hildetorrs on other ids for.

Pinkal easily collects God Minds off of Gulgus-gues and Nar Lilys (easy pipe). With several runs, I easily accumulated six God Minds which I believe can be quite useful for forces, particularly FOnewearls.

Hildebear's and Hildeblue's Heads are easy finds for Pinkal and quite useful for a FOnewearl.

God Ability off Spaceship Gulgus'Gues aren't exactly in the "useless" category for drops.

Add the mind SATO from Snappy-ru's guide, with PB blasts Pilla, Estilla & MY - I've made 12 of them so far and invincibility rocks - let me tell you.

So, FOnewearl - Pinkal - mind SATO - Foie or Red Merge - Evil Curst - 4 x God Ability or God Mind = AWESOME!!!

And yes, Redria, Purplenum, Whitil and other section ids are great and may have MORE good drops than pinkal, but for a FOnewearl, Pinkal is a good id IMHO.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 23, 2004, 08:10 PM
On 2004-07-23 09:41, Sitka wrote:
Here we go again - everyone dumping on the Pinkal id.

Dammit!

My FOnewearl is Pinkal and it's been a damn good id for her - so there!

ANyway, no Pinkal doesn't find more or higher level discs than other id's, but I found more amps, barriers and made merges of every kind including all three basic attack merges which are awesome on a FOnewearl.

Also, the ability to find magic weapons that boost all three basic spells is very easy for Pinkal.

Pinkal finds in Episode II can be very good - I've gotten several sets of Asuka's from the Barba Ray - easy drop and valuable to hand off to hunters you've made.

Pinkal is the only ID that finds Evil Curst, easily one of the best force weapons in the game. Yes, the drop rate is difficult, but so is the drop rate for several other incredibly awesome weapons that everyone seems ready to spend piping 100's of Hildetorrs on other ids for.

Pinkal easily collects God Minds off of Gulgus-gues and Nar Lilys (easy pipe). With several runs, I easily accumulated six God Minds which I believe can be quite useful for forces, particularly FOnewearls.

Hildebear's and Hildeblue's Heads are easy finds for Pinkal and quite useful for a FOnewearl.

God Ability off Spaceship Gulgus'Gues aren't exactly in the "useless" category for drops.

Add the mind SATO from Snappy-ru's guide, with PB blasts Pilla, Estilla & MY - I've made 12 of them so far and invincibility rocks - let me tell you.

So, FOnewearl - Pinkal - mind SATO - Foie or Red Merge - Evil Curst - 4 x God Ability or God Mind = AWESOME!!!

And yes, Redria, Purplenum, Whitil and other section ids are great and may have MORE good drops than pinkal, but for a FOnewearl, Pinkal is a good id IMHO.

meh the evil curst doesnt seem anything special to me. ill stick with a twinkle star/summit moon, both of which i obtained from other ID's, negating one of pinkals main advantages.

nerges i personally dont use.

ill agree with u on the asuka though, got it first time from barba ray,may hunt more with
%'s

i might remake my pinkal, i might not, not sure yet.
[/useless post]

darthsaber9x9
Aug 17, 2004, 04:30 PM
To those who think I was going mad, darkholemind made a huge bump, and I was blasting him for it, I wasn't having a go at myself http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darthsaber9x9 on 2004-08-17 14:50 ]</font>