PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Against FSOD

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 22, 2004, 08:25 PM
i'm not sure if this works or if anyone will care, but its an idea.

you could buy an extra memory card, those 51 blocks which are like $10. anways, make a copy of your PSO stuff whenever you do something worth noting, or just do it as often as neccesarry. so if one gets corrupted, you'll still have the most recent stuff possible. then, just re-copy from the crappy card back to the main card.

bashing of this idea is welcome, since i have a feeling someone's said it before. also, i have no online experience, so i should have no buisness, i just thought it was an interesting idea.

Ketchup345
Jul 22, 2004, 08:34 PM
Bashing of idea (:P):
You can't copy any of PSO's data to another memory card. It just won't work at all.

Jason
Jul 22, 2004, 08:58 PM
On 2004-07-22 18:34, Ketchup345 wrote:
Bashing of idea (:P):
You can't copy any of PSO's data to another memory card. It just won't work at all.

Exactly. And as if that is possible, that will be one of the methods to dupe. :/

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 22, 2004, 09:03 PM
oh well. it was a thought. and its the thought that counts.

anwserman
Jul 22, 2004, 10:53 PM
Wouldn't it work if you copied it back onto the original memory card? E.g., lose all of your items, replace contents with backed-up data and then play again?

Anyway, aren't the files copy-protected (assuming you don't hack/use external devices or USB memcard?)

Superguppie
Jul 23, 2004, 05:23 AM
As you say, they are copy protected. If you have a way of getting your files to a PC, you can only restore them to the card they originaly came from...

SLON
Jul 23, 2004, 07:07 AM
If you copy them to a second memory card they stay on the second memory card; when you go back to the first memory card you no longer have the items! This is deliberate!!

Stan64
Jul 23, 2004, 07:29 AM
You can use ctr-gs to backup your card through PSOLoader. Then whenever you get FSOD-X you can restore the memorycard from the last backup. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif