PDA

View Full Version : Macross Plus - Any Good?

Deathscythealpha
Jun 12, 2002, 04:25 PM
I was flicking through a GameCube magazine today when i notice an advert.

"Macross Plus - Ultimate Edition DVD"
Available June 24th

Its quite rare to have any anime released in shops around near i live, so this advert really caught my attention. But the thing is, i dont know if its any good.

Ive noticed people mention it in posts before, so can anyone give me the general jist of it? I like Gundam and Evangelion so is it anything like them?

Oh, and the DVD set includes all 4 episodes and the movie.

So can anyone help?

watashiwa
Jun 12, 2002, 04:34 PM
It's great, just go get it, I saw it many moons ago when I was in 8th grade.

ABDUR101
Jun 12, 2002, 05:41 PM
I have to agree, there's no need to explain it, other than saying you'd be missing out on something great.

I expecially like the music from it. I guess I'll get this edition, since I've staved from buying it yet. Thanks for telling me man.

*adds to list of anime to get*

g0th_gUrL
Jun 12, 2002, 06:10 PM
is this that anime with a chic named Minmey in it??

ABDUR101
Jun 12, 2002, 06:16 PM
On 2002-06-12 16:10, g0th_gUrL wrote:
is this that anime with a chic named Minmey in it??

She's actually called Myung. Minmey is the pop star from another anime, I forget it's name. :

Sharon Apple is the digital mega-pop star in it.

Macross Plus (http://www.animenation.com/bun2367.html)

Go there and check it out, it's a really kickass anime, the music in it is really great, and the action on screen fits the beat to the music. It just really gets you into it.

Infact, since I haven't used any yet, I think I'll use some of the music from Macross Plus for a radio show. I thought I already did, but I guess not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-06-12 16:18 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Jun 12, 2002, 07:38 PM
IT KICKS GODLY ASS. Get it get it get it!!! The story is old but still works nice, lots of plot twists, great fights, and a shitload of surprizes! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Falkon
Jun 12, 2002, 10:10 PM
Wait? You sure Minmei wasn't in Robotech? ~whips out his EGM~ They say she is...of course, can't trust them much, but at least they'd get their facts straight before publishing.

...I hope.

Alielle
Jun 12, 2002, 10:22 PM
Minmei is from Macross (a.k.a. Robotech), so I can see where the confusion lies. Macross Plus is set several generations ahead.

Anyway, it's probably one of the most visually stunning anime I've ever seen. The music is also very good, and the story is dramatic and well done. If you liked Gundam, I'm sure you'll like this one, although the story focuses a little more on the characters than on the mechs or an epic war. Don't get me wrong though; there's plenty of action, too!

Falkon
Jun 12, 2002, 10:34 PM
Ah, good, I wasn't wrong then! Yay!

I hope/plan to buy all of Macross (each series) eventually, since I missed it...

Deathscythealpha
Jun 13, 2002, 08:44 AM
Ok, ill go buy that set on the 24th. I didnt relise it had something to do with Robotech.

The set is in a UK release, so i dont know if you would be able to get it Abdur, unless you import.

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 10:27 AM
On 2002-06-13 06:44, Deathscythealpha wrote:
The set is in a UK release, so i dont know if you would be able to get it Abdur, unless you import.

No worries man hehe, I'll swing around afew sites, and if it comes down to it, I'll just get the two DVD set for $50.

donkeybeatz
Jun 14, 2002, 10:50 PM
heck yea! macross plus is awesome yo!
i bought the 4 tape set... awesome!
then they released a movie! awesome!
well the movie is a compilation of the 4 episodes with some new scenes...
and the new scenes are awesome!
watch the 4 episodes first then the movie.. pretty cool how a few added scenes can make it better... to me anyway. =P
--d-_-b Dj Donkey

Robert_Garcia
Jun 15, 2002, 07:02 PM
Hey they showed it on th Action channel last week...I never got to see the whole thing.

Ah to hell with it...I'll go buy the DVD and see the whole entire thing... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SorceressofTime
Jun 17, 2002, 06:58 AM
The entire Macross series are all cool. I think I've seen all of them but that was when I was really young.... like around 6 or 7 years old. Hee hee http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif