PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: rare drops

Dragon-Lord
Jul 22, 2004, 11:06 PM
i know that haked mags effect rare drop rates, but i want to know if they effect it offline? wat if i take off the mag, will it still be effected??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dragon-Lord on 2004-07-29 08:32 ]</font>

Arislan
Jul 23, 2004, 12:10 PM
Since PSO-X downloads essentially "Patch Updates" for PSO, yes, this will affect offline play as well.

Dragon-Lord
Jul 23, 2004, 08:10 PM
o ya, patches. wat if i take off the haked mag? wud i still be able 2 find rares? or is it "curupted" the minute i put it on?

Arislan
Jul 24, 2004, 01:27 AM
Well, I'm not 100% sure where it needs to be on XBox, but on PSO+ at least, as long as the Mag is unequipped, you are good to go. It could go as far as being anywhere in your inventory or bank on XBox. There are others that may be able to tell you more on that.

Worst case you'll need to get rid of the mag altogether. In any case though, you're not permanently rare-less, it can be fixed by at most getting rid of the Mag. I'd go piping for a 50% rare a couple times with the Mag in your bank, see what happens. Get a rare, and you're good to go. After 4-5 no rares, ditch the mag, that's stopping it.

Do note that only 1304/1308 Mags exhibit this behavior. The 200 Mind White Sato and the like do not do this.

Dragon-Lord
Jul 29, 2004, 11:24 AM
im posting this here to save the trouble of making a new topic...

wat else would effect rare drops? 'cause me and my friends went rare hunting last night. we played 1 ttf, then went through forest, caves, and mop-up 4 (all on ult) and found nothing. not even a photon drop. all of us where using level 200 mags, and didnt have stackes (i.e. photon dupe glitch) items in our inventory. if it makes a difference, we where on redria section id.

Ketchup345
Jul 29, 2004, 11:56 AM
On 2004-07-29 09:24, Dragon-Lord wrote:

wat else would effect rare drops? 'cause me and my friends went rare hunting last night. we played 1 ttf, then went through forest, caves, and mop-up 4 (all on ult) and found nothing. not even a photon drop. all of us where using level 200 mags, and didnt have stackes (i.e. photon dupe glitch) items in our inventory. if it makes a difference, we where on redria section id.

What were all the Mag's stats? Were they realistic? Did they all have at least 5 DEF?

With the patches, XBox may have had those types of hacked/glitched/whatever Mags effect drop rates.

Also, you could have just been very unlucky.

Dragon-Lord
Jul 29, 2004, 12:17 PM
i checked them all out. all had AT LEAST 5 def, and seemed pretty decent (i.e. not all stats ending in 5's or 0's).

eh, maybe i was just very, VERY unlucky. sux though, not even a photon drop. the best we did is 2 evade mats and 1 hp mat.

gream-green
Jul 29, 2004, 05:17 PM
On 2004-07-29 09:24, Dragon-Lord wrote:

...happens not often but happens. Any crazy %'s, al rappies etc...?
I once went a week seeing not one red box, then was privy to a couple of runs within 30 minutes of each other that yielded two of the Yas series weapons.