PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 04:53 AM
1. If I have a mag which when equiped my mst is maxed, each time I lv, will I still get mst? So say I have 678 mst without the mag, equiped it and lved, took it off would my mst be higher?

2. What the fuck is everyones problem with adding % with pds (and I dont mean the smart way)???
I was playing with some hu and a musashi blocked, I asked if I could have it, he went and tekked to 5 (from 15) I asked why he did it, his reply was 'Dont worry I can just add % with pds' Who the hell has 80 pds spare?!??!?

iamfanboy
Jul 23, 2004, 05:18 AM
1) Next time my FOmar levels up I am going to max out his ATP stat just before I level to see if, in fact, his ATP goes up under the 'maxed stat' rating. I don't think it will; I believe it to be a problem they may have fixed in PSO+ and Xbox PSO... but until then, I would just unequip the things maxing your stat right before a level.

2) Obviously, he has a bunch of duped photon drops or photon spheres, and doesn't much care about using them prodigiously. At least, that would be my supposition.

Sorry for the polysyllabic words, it's 3 in the morning and I've been spending most of the day piping and writing.

Akulamenuri
Jul 23, 2004, 06:23 AM
1. The base stats will still go up

2. He probably has duped photon spheres, if he was smart he would have tekked down to 10% instead of 5% so when he uses the spheres he would have 100% instead of maxing out at 95%.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 07:00 AM
Have you proven fact #1?

Akulamenuri
Jul 23, 2004, 07:11 AM
Well the only stat ive maxed is ATA on my HUmar and thats thanks to God/Arms and 60 Dex on my mag. When I leveled to 101 it saided I gained 1+ ATA. I unequip a God/Arm and I notice I have the extra point in ATA. The stat boost you get from Mags and Units doesnt conflict with the stat boost you gain from leveling. Im on Xbox so its a chance it may be different than it is on Gamecube.

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 07:16 AM
Ok, another question, when cant you reco on 2p multi player?
My humars lv161 and he does damage to the damn boxes...

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 07:26 AM

How the heck did you do that, does it say the number of damage you inflicted?

Cc08
Jul 23, 2004, 09:44 AM
Ok, another question, when cant you reco on 2p multi player?
My humars lv161 and he does damage to the damn boxes... Not 100% sure on this, but probably because you are playing offline, so the enemies are weaker.

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 11:22 AM
On 2004-07-23 05:26, Gynn_Rei wrote:

How the heck did you do that, does it say the number of damage you inflicted?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Read the post more carefully....and if you dont know about recoboxing...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 11:24 AM
Recoboxing is cheating - pure and simple.

Therefore, it should have no place for discussion here.

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 11:42 AM
No offence, but you're a complete and utter fool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Recoboxing is not cheating, some may consider it cheating but its not.
Im use things iv found and not using any glitches, how is it cheating?
Cheating and screwing the boards is putting AR codes and links to cheat sites etc...

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 11:46 AM
To call me a complete and utter fool....

Yes, I do take offense to that!

SJ, most people on this board consider recoboxing to be cheating - not just me.

Calling me a fool does not make your case stronger.

Try to avoid the personal flaming please and focus on logical discussion.

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 11:53 AM
I am not flaming.
I am saying you are foolish because if recoboxing is cheating, so is piping,
And as you're being so bloody awkward ignore my old post and reply to this question..
What does my atp have to be before I hurt recoboxing with Kings Vulcans + 2 with stats 0/0/-5/0/0 using the special effect?

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 11:54 AM
I am not flaming.
I am saying you are foolish because if recoboxing is cheating, so is piping,
And as you're being so bloody awkward ignore my old post and reply to this question..
What does my atp have to be before I hurt recoboxing with Kings Vulcans + 2 with stats 0/0/-5/0/0 using the special effect?

heyf00L
Jul 23, 2004, 12:20 PM
Recoboxing is cheating.

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 12:24 PM
Its not cheating in any way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
And Iv already TRIED to get out of this so if ur not gunna answer my questioon, dont post at all..

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 12:45 PM
My Daddy says:

"Don't get in a pissing war with a skunk."

My Daddy is a smart man.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 12:48 PM
Sorry, was already thinking of that. First time I saw a recobox was yesterday, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. Never had the interest for episode II

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 23, 2004, 01:24 PM
Just to clear things up:

Recoboxing is only cheating if you use an auto-fire controller and aren't actually pressing the A button and stealing the exp yourself.

If your just sitting there doing the combo over and over with an exp stealing mechgun, then your not cheating. How the heck else are you supposed to use exp stealing weapons?

shingo
Jul 23, 2004, 01:30 PM
hey reconboxibg is cheating and its wrong

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 01:35 PM
Ok heres it straight..
I sit there using kings weapons on recoboxes, and any enemy for that matter.
IF ITS CHEATING THEN WHY THE FUCK DID ST PUT IN THE EXP STEALING EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 01:35 PM
Chaos

At any given time there are more recoboxers with auto-controllers active on xbox than there are c-moders - that's an Asia observation.

Check it out - go to Apatite at about 3 a.m. and check out who's on: 9 out of 10 games are "boxtrickin," or "Johnnies boxing" or something like that.

Why is is wrong? Because level 190 characters are entering our legit games and they have NO CLUE how to play because their last 100 levels came from a damn box.

What can you use experience stealing weapons for? Well, stealing experience the way they were designed to do which is to use the special often as you're working your way from Forest to Falz or from Temple to Flow. Is it that effective? No. That's why most people don't do it - it's better to just kill more enemies and gain your experience the old fashioned way.

Then someone figured out you could stand in front of a box all day and gain levels.

How fun!

PSO special edition - BOXING - no enemies, no bosses - just tons of boxes for you to stand in front of and shoot - you'll be the shittiest level 200 character in all of PSO! Congratulations!!!!

Of course, that's just my opinion and to each their own.

But yes, I believe boxing is cheating.

shingo
Jul 23, 2004, 01:58 PM
well its there for getiing more exp any form monters but i think it doesnt really help anyways because it doenst give a decent amount

shingo
Jul 23, 2004, 02:01 PM
Also Sitka said is right you would just be the deisnagted useless on the team because only thing you would do is get exp from the boxes and not help your team mates in playing the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-07-23 12:03 ]</font>

SJ
Jul 23, 2004, 02:12 PM
What the fuck?
Who the hell recoboxes online whilst doing seabed?

shingo
Jul 23, 2004, 02:16 PM
well also im including offline too,and my friends do reconboxing when were playing offline and thats why i said what i said

digigram
Jul 23, 2004, 04:53 PM
What the fuck?
Who the hell recoboxes online whilst doing seabed?

harder enemies, better experience, seabed is the place to be for it.

As someone else said.. if you are actually sitting there and shooting these boxes (for 11 hours straight--- usually a dumbass's sleepy time), then, i feel sorry for you, otherwise, if you're sleeping and you have an auto-fire controller, that is considered cheating by pretty much everyone..

1: you're not doing the work and that is fucking pathetic
2: it makes mostALL people that have gotten from lvl 1 to 200 in a week look like a jackass.
3: putting "no offense" before telling someone they are a complete and utter fool doesn't save you from the flame gods.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-23 15:05 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 23, 2004, 04:54 PM
btw, if you're recoboxing..why are you using kings vulcans with 0 hit? that must suck.

SJ
Jul 24, 2004, 05:45 AM
1. You said 'if you do no dmg to them, you wont be of much use'.
If I was going to reco, I'd do it alone, not on a seabed run with 3 others http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
2. I reco offline (not using auto fire) whilst watching tv, so dont complain!

Hrith
Jul 25, 2004, 09:36 AM
If you're not using autofire, it's less damage http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif but I highly resent it... well it's just my opinion... and heyf00l's, and Sitka's, etc.

excecutor
Jul 25, 2004, 03:35 PM
Add me to the list kef!

darthsaber9x9
Jul 25, 2004, 05:39 PM
TECHNICALLY TECHNICALLY (and ill say it again)
TECHNICALLY

its not cheating. in reality its sad, generates high level n00bs and subtracts substantially from the playing experience.

its as bad as cheating if you use a auto-fire pad but otherwise its just a boring way to pass the time i guess.its on the same line as piping.