PDA

View Full Version : 195 levels and I finally get it!

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 11:17 AM
What, might you ask, did my stupid Racast get after 195 levels of play.

He got it.

It, being the fact that the stupid robot can very efficiently split slimes.

Why, might you ask, is this important.

Because, I would say, I've never seen a post describing what I accidently figured out this morning. It doesn't mean it wasn't posted, it just means I hadn't seen it. So, I got it.

It being that the zalure s-rank shot is an awesome slime splitting tool. Two special attacks followed by a light attack effectively splits slimes EVERY TIME.

Why is that important?

Because everyone has been screaming at me not to make an android on a section id that has good drops from red slimes (think Redria), because you loose the magic ability to use ice attacks to effectively increase your chances of getting that rare drop.

I knew there was a way to use charge weapons with 0 meseta on the android to split slimes, but that was not always practical.

Now, I've learned that zalure weapons (shot, spread) are just as effective and make the Racast's ability to split slimes awesome. I'm assuming other effects such as jellen would work quite well as well.

So I got it. And I thought I'd share.

I Robot.

Akulamenuri
Jul 23, 2004, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the discovery. I was thinking about making a RAcaseal or a RAcast, now im a bit more tempted to do so. BTW I heard I, Robot sucked :/.

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 11:49 AM
Thanks Aku

I'm hoping to make some late night/early morning runs with Gream for rares - maybe on Skyly id.

Love to have you join us (MKB, POL, Jsword, Yamag.)?

Akulamenuri
Jul 23, 2004, 11:53 AM
Sure, im up for it.

Primrose
Jul 23, 2004, 12:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Why not use an untekked Shot for splitting purposes?

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 12:45 PM
What Primrose said

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 01:03 PM
Yes Primrose, Gynn - you guys are smart...

like I said, it took me 195 levels to figure it out so I guess you can figure out what that means.

Oh well, better to learn now than never, eh.

I carry my s-rank shot with me at least 95% of the time and will until I can get my s-rank needle, so the discovery was pretty cool for me as my favorite weapon can now serve yet another purpose.

Happy hunting everyone!

Armok
Jul 23, 2004, 01:37 PM
???? mechs are better

Spec Spec normal = Changes 1 slime into 3

Jason
Jul 23, 2004, 02:57 PM
On 2004-07-23 11:37, Armok wrote:
???? mechs are better

Spec Spec normal = Changes 1 slime into 3

Shot shoots multiple enemies, so mechs only target one enemy. So shots are better, as you're getting multiple enemies from the splitting.

Deus-Irae
Jul 24, 2004, 05:35 AM
er, the problem with using a Zalure wep to split slimes is: by the time you get a few of them split they die extremely easily from being Zalure 33'd and a few normal hits. especially at lv 195 no? (if you kill slime 1 and slime 4 is a red, no drop for j00!)

a ??? or Mind type mechgun is the way to go for bots.

Armok
Jul 24, 2004, 06:13 AM
They can only split into a max of 4 so once you got 3 slimes out you only need 1 more combo. Then damage trap em to death.

Tycho
Jul 24, 2004, 07:35 AM
The zalure stuff is irritating indeed.. Actually you should have a Jellen one =), but i guess it's quite costy..

BladeofDarkness
Jul 24, 2004, 01:14 PM
On 2004-07-24 03:35, Deus-Irae wrote:
er, the problem with using a Zalure wep to split slimes is: by the time you get a few of them split they die extremely easily from being Zalure 33'd and a few normal hits. especially at lv 195 no? (if you kill slime 1 and slime 4 is a red, no drop for j00!)

The easy way to avoid overpowering a slime when using a Zalure wep (my huc uses his zalure partisan to split slimes so I ran into the problem a few times) is to take off your mag and any pow enhancing units. I imagine it's easier just to use a ??? wep but since my huc always carries his srank with him it's more convenient for me.