PDA

View Full Version : what is corruption and duping?

NAD13
Jul 23, 2004, 01:11 PM
what is corruption and duping? i was reading the forums and members kept refering to these in posts . i already looked through all the guides and couldnt find anything.

TeenGohan
Jul 23, 2004, 01:17 PM
corruption is when the game frezzes on you in the middle of a save. It can happen randomly (not offten) or someone can hit you with it. (alot in vega 1 C1 (on EP3) can do it. DUping is making a copy of any item by useing a bug in the game. most think it is wrong unless your backing up items. If you only play with your own stuff and with psople who FOUND their stuff then duping is wrong. Some other members can tell you more.

NAD13
Jul 23, 2004, 01:48 PM
Then what is the double save thing and FSOD?

Arislan
Jul 23, 2004, 01:59 PM
Double save was a "feature" brought into the game to stop a certain type of duping. While it worked, it also created problems, since the GC works a lot while saving twice, and a freeze at this point is BAD.

FSOD is Frozen Screen of Death. IE, when the game freezes, the music stops or loops, etc.

Hrigg
Jul 30, 2004, 11:51 AM
OMFG!!!!!!! My f&$*(#~ data just corrupted right after I found a f&$*(#~ Heaven Punisher!!!!! Godammit!!!!! Several days of straight PSO Ultimate Mines!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Do you have ANY idea whatsoever on how to get anything back? I need help here. I'm gonna lose it soon. I don't give a care if I have to give up my honor in the process. Even if it means giving up my legitimacy.

DOG21313
Jul 30, 2004, 11:56 AM
On 2004-07-30 09:51, Hrigg wrote:
OMFG!!!!!!! My f&$*(#~ data just corrupted right after I found a f&$*(#~ Heaven Punisher!!!!! Godammit!!!!! Several days of straight PSO Ultimate Mines!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! Do you have ANY idea whatsoever on how to get anything back? I need help here. I'm gonna lose it soon. I don't give a care if I have to give up my honor in the process. Even if it means giving up my legitimacy.

Try reading this: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83644&forum=3&8

It has some methods to fix corruption, although they arent guarenteed to work =/