PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know exactly how large the GCN PSO Community is?

Kezay
Jul 24, 2004, 06:45 AM
Yeah. I just want to know exactly how large the Gamecube PSO Community is, like the average number of online users or at the very least an average of total online users for the Gamecube version at all?

Tycho
Jul 24, 2004, 07:06 AM
I think about twothousand online at the same time? Most are Japanese though. English speaking playerbase... roughly 100 - 500 online at the same time? It depends on day of the week and time of the day, it's mostly about US times, since the EU servers aren't really big.. A lot of EU people go to the US servers, or even the Japanese ships. Including me, sometimes there's only like 10 people in all the EU ships combined.

Stan64
Jul 24, 2004, 07:13 AM
We can't forget ppl spending times on boards like these. Thera are a lots of crowded boards of GC players.

shingo
Jul 24, 2004, 09:32 AM
well i play pso on the gamecube and all my friends doo but we dont go online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-07-24 07:32 ]</font>

Phampia
Jul 24, 2004, 10:14 PM
man i hope pso universe will also be online
becouse sega said it will be only online on the cube if nintendo is going 2 focus on online gaming..

i ques i'll end up buying a ps2 for online games (i don't really like the games on xbox)looking forward for monsterhunter

LoreSeeker
Jul 24, 2004, 10:47 PM
The amount of people online depends greatly on the time of day. In the middle of the day for me, it seems that the JP servers usually have 2000-3000 people on them. At the same time, the US servers barely have a few hundred. At night for me, the US servers can end up being pretty crowded. Vega is the clear winner in population (maybe about 300 people on it at peak times). Deneb can get busy later on, with maybe around 100 people. Everyone else is scattered about on Altair and Antares, which are pretty much abandoned.

badbitz
Jul 24, 2004, 11:00 PM
On 2004-07-24 20:47, LoreSeeker wrote:
The amount of people online depends greatly on the time of day. In the middle of the day for me, it seems that the JP servers usually have 2000-3000 people on them. At the same time, the US servers barely have a few hundred. At night for me, the US servers can end up being pretty crowded. Vega is the clear winner in population (maybe about 300 people on it at peak times). Deneb can get busy later on, with maybe around 100 people. Everyone else is scattered about on Altair and Antares, which are pretty much abandoned.

You summed it up perfectly. PSO doesn't have a HUGE amount of online players in the states..compared to other games that are online anyway.

Kezay
Jul 25, 2004, 02:44 AM
Sorry for the late reply but thanks everyone for giving me an estimate. I plan to play online as well but I wanted to know if things were still busy seeing as how the game was released two or so years ago.

This at least puts my mind at ease and I might do so. Thanks again!