PDA

View Full Version : playing with friends

shingo
Jul 24, 2004, 09:19 AM
my friends dont like playing with me on ult mode because im 114 and there only at lvl 80 and there mad because im stroger than they are and they dont like it whta should i do

RFB
Jul 24, 2004, 09:24 AM
let them level up?
lend them some weapons/equipment?
help them to level up in VHard?

shingo
Jul 24, 2004, 09:28 AM
i do give lots them stuff and they lvl up a lot but then they recreate there char.

Swan
Jul 24, 2004, 06:55 PM
ask to commendeer their charecters for a day or so and Lv. them your self.

shingo
Jul 24, 2004, 07:43 PM
well they never listen to me what i have to say. Anyway there mad because they used to be twice as strong as me and they said i sucked at playing the game,when i started playing. But when i bought the game i played it non-stop and i gained enough lvls to surpass them they didnt like that very much.

Mixfortune
Jul 24, 2004, 07:52 PM
How about doing the opposite, and start taking back everything you've let them borrow, and then don't help them level until they apologize.

The game is supposed to be fun, and there is no real reason for them to be upset. Either way, someone is going to be higher level than the others, and there's not much you can do about it.

If anything, they should be grateful that they can play with someone who's above 80 or so in Ultimate. It will only help them level even faster than they were before. Basically, they can ride your coattails and level faster than you have in the 100s. Personally, I think your friends are looking at this the wrong way... and they need to apologize before you do much else.

shingo
Jul 24, 2004, 08:25 PM
i told them that and now they dont want to play multi mode with me anymore because i dont give them anything any more and they stop playing because of it. Also there mad me and my other friend play all the time together in ult all the time and we dont play with them because we think there jerks.

trypticon
Jul 24, 2004, 09:47 PM
Tell them to grow up and get lives. These "friends" of yours are behaving toward you in the same manner that a few of the well known PSOworld forum regulars who are still online behave toward... everyone. They are being overly serious about a video game, and need to get off of themselves.

Suggest that they perhaps see a psychiatrist for what you are claiming they are doing, as it suggests a lack of emotional stability, and an unhealthy involvement with a less than real environment. Then again, you could also just try talking to them about it, and try putting whatever feelings (I stress to use the word FEELINGS here, simply because this is a video game, whether it be online or not, it's still just that) you may have about the subject aside for a while. Become something like a designated driver for these friends of yours, so drunk on their own ego, that they have become reckless and retarded in the face of a friend who is apparently more than willing to help them out.

If that doesn't work, then just stop playing with them entirely. If what you are writing is true, they have already shown that they don't care if you're having fun or not, so why should you care if they are or not?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-07-24 19:49 ]</font>

Jess_01
Jul 24, 2004, 09:54 PM
begin a new character and let the others power up you(then they're stronger again and you can play together again)

Cc08
Jul 24, 2004, 11:59 PM
This happened to me. I was behind my bro/his friends when I first started. So I got to ULT multi at level 80 and they were 100+. Did I whine like they do? No. I played cheap. (Went in the room, used a weap that hit everyone, then left) I only did that during multi-playing, then I would just do offline single and level up. It took a while, but I caught them, and I played normally after that.

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 10:21 AM
I hate playing iwth friends, damn item horders.....I say you all make new chars, everyone the same TA DA, though your all level one....and stink...but thats means you can borrow the mags from your high levels http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

shingo
Jul 25, 2004, 10:52 AM
yeah but i think im not going and keep playing with my friend has has 183 char. instead of them because we dont care how strong we are.also they dont like it when play with my hunter because they cant go in ultmate and then they get all mad when i dont want to play them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shingo on 2004-07-25 08:54 ]</font>

BLAHOrblah
Jul 25, 2004, 02:34 PM
Be apathetic and don't worry about them. If they want to be little babies about it and whine, let them.

I used to be the weakest out of our group, but as we all know, HuNewearls blossom late into the game. Now, I'm the only one that could fend for themself anywhere, anytime. But, I guess I'm luckier than you because me and my friends don't care how strong we are. We enjoy working together because watching all of those numbers pop us at once and seeing the enemy die in about 1 second is awesome.

So, perhaps you need to stick with your friends that don't whine and who will let you have fun, until your other "friends" get off their high pedastel and pull their heads out of their asses?

shingo
Jul 25, 2004, 07:37 PM
well thanks for all your help

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 08:33 PM
No Problem G!:-D

Hrigg
Jul 27, 2004, 06:59 PM
What do I need to buy to get online? SBC (Ethernet)