PDA

View Full Version : My Situation

AUTO_
Jul 24, 2004, 01:59 PM
I've had a friend from PSO since the DC versions.

Recently, I quit playing PSO, so we talked about getting other games to play online.

I bought Socom 2 and I've been hooked to it ever since.

I told him about Socom 2, but at the moment he's broke and he's trying to raise money to get Socom, the modem, and the headset.

Which roughly costs (depending on which headset you get) 100$.

My brother recently got a job at a games/music/movies store, and he gets a 50% discount on all games, movies, and CD's.

The store has about 40 used copies of Socom 2 for 10$, which would cost my brother 5$ to buy.

I told my friend from PSO I would be willing to buy the game and ship it so him for free--I don't really even mind if he pays me the 13$ back (8 for shipping).

He said he'd earn the money for the modem and the headset first, and then he'd tell me to buy/ship the game.

I presented the idea to my brother.

-And he won't agree to buy it with his discount.

I asked him why he wouldn't (because I'm still paying for it anyways), and he still hasn't came up with a logical answer.

If I asked to do it for a close friend, he wouldn't hesitate, but now he's all flipped out that I want to send it to (dear god) a friend that I've never met(verdicts still out on that but I think it's possible).

So what do you think...?

Is my brother overreacting?

Or maybe I'm not thinking about this clearly?

Guntz348
Jul 24, 2004, 02:16 PM
It's your money why the hell should he care? Plus it's not like he'd get in trouble for doing it. I mean no one is gonna no or care what he does with the stuff he buys on his discount. And even if they did, he's buying it for his brother that's all they have to know. I say slap him around for a bit untill he gives in and buys it for you. =D

KaFKa
Jul 24, 2004, 02:19 PM
im with guntz, its your money, why should he care?

ABDUR101
Jul 24, 2004, 03:30 PM
He doesn't care, thats why he isn't doing it for the simple fact that it's a friend online and not a friend in the area.

Your brother is just being an ass. $5 isn't that big a deal anyways, just go buy it for $10 and ignore him.

shingo
Jul 24, 2004, 08:39 PM
well he just doesnt care my brother does the same thing sometimes