PDA

View Full Version : PSO XBOX Video - prepare to be disappointed...

faceless
Jun 13, 2002, 02:31 AM
http://www.hitpops.jp/ga-cha/news/2002-06/12_01/17.asx

Souljah
Jun 13, 2002, 02:39 AM
Oh snaps! looks just like the DC version...

Rubesahl
Jun 13, 2002, 10:34 AM
I really hope it gets improved. I'd be very disappointed if it is... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

X-thirteen
Jun 13, 2002, 11:12 AM
On 2002-06-13 00:31, faceless wrote:
http://www.hitpops.jp/ga-cha/news/2002-06/12_01/17.asx

thats pithetic, seems like they arent going to make any changes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: X-thirteen on 2002-06-13 09:13 ]</font>

Kupi
Jun 13, 2002, 11:22 AM
As I recall, the original GCN videos that the public got its hands on made it seem that the Gamecube version of PSO would be nothing more than a port of V2, and looks what it's become. I'm sure these videos are just an early model of things to come.

This said by the Gamecube fan. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Last_Saiyan
Jun 13, 2002, 11:25 AM
Kupi's right, I think Sonic Team is more responsible than that then to just direct port the Dreamcast or GC directly to the X box. I also remember a long time ago that GC's version was supposed to be released February 2002. Remember the screen shots of the early GC's developements? Nothing but the Ice dragon?!! So, don't give up hope yet.

watashiwa
Jun 13, 2002, 11:38 AM
On 2002-06-13 09:25, Last_Saiyan wrote:
Remember the screen shots of the early GC's developements? Nothing but the Ice dragon?!! So, don't give up hope yet.

Yes, but at least they had information about the new classes and other areas. Plus, those screens and videos were out way before the GC version was even set to release. GC version has been in development for more than a year now and is STILL under development. The X-Box version is scheduled to be released this fall as is the Gamecube version. In fact, in a mere matter of months.

But, you're right, let's wait and see. Hopefully the X-Box version is not a direct port of Dreamcast's version 2.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 13, 2002, 11:45 AM
Bill Gates I have failed you in the attempts to mislead these people!!!! Watashiwa foiled my plans!!! *hands back the $50 million check to Bill Gates. *has hard time letting go, Bill Gates tries to pull...pulls harder....Riiiiiiiiiiiiiip hehehe

SaitoH
Jun 13, 2002, 11:53 AM
The Xbox version is just a port of the Dreamcast PSO. JP players are getting PSO free with the Xbox live package.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 13, 2002, 12:09 PM
It's still too early to say anything about the X-Box version. The clip probably just shows only the areas that are completed, which, to no one's surprise, are the old areas.

Dangerous55
Jun 13, 2002, 12:16 PM
Well, that sucks, its either gonna come out like that soon. Or, come out alot later diffrent.

Greg
Jun 13, 2002, 01:11 PM
Sweet! I am glad to see some sonic team employees here to answer all our questions! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

watashiwa
Jun 13, 2002, 01:15 PM
On 2002-06-13 11:11, Greg wrote:
Sweet! I am glad to see some sonic team employees here to answer all our questions! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hello, I'm Mr. Yuji Naka, pleased to meet you.

Allow me to discuss with you my game!

CronoEBM
Read the Xbox live announcement. It says players will receive a copy of PSO v2

goldman
well

i dind't really get to enjoy V2 like I wanted to
so it will still be a buy for me

DarthWufei
Jun 13, 2002, 01:26 PM
<sarcasm> I'm so impressed! </sarcasm>

Tearz
Jun 13, 2002, 01:29 PM
Like it was mentioned earlier. The GCN version is MUCH further along than the Xbox version. It makes no since that the Xbox version not be a direct port of the GCN version. The Xbox is a much more girthy system and Sonic Team could easily utilise it's potential. Let's not get all frightened now shall we?

Wewt
Jun 13, 2002, 01:32 PM
On 2002-06-13 11:15, CronoEBM wrote:
Read the Xbox live announcement. It says players will receive a copy of PSO v2

I don't get the purpose of you saying this http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 13, 2002, 03:54 PM
I think there's still a chance it's going to be a port from GC. I wouldn't really see the point if it weren't. Also, the GC one took longer because they had to design the new stages. If the Xbox version is going to port the GC, don't you think it'd be rather easy to do so if it's already designed? My opinion is it will not be ver.2 and it will be the GC port.

Greg
Jun 13, 2002, 05:40 PM
exactly, the level design as well as weapons are complete. There is no need for a super long dev. time.

BioFan
Jun 13, 2002, 05:56 PM
they are making the GCN version right now...probably they take much half of the time making the XBox version than the GCN version...they could used probably 50%-80% of the GCN codes and ported it over for XBox...and they will take the time to add some exclusive extras for the xbox until release...which I think in November/December in both US and Japan...
they are not making an entirely new game for the XBox...even though GCN and Xbox are different consoles, porting a game is much simpler than making a new one...they ported the DC over to GCN in a short while too...I believe they can do the same for the xbox ver...there is no reason why Xbox doesn't get GCN ver...unless it is GCN exclusive...but rather than jumping to conclusions, we shold just wait...it's only a few months away, and none of you but microsoft and sonic team knows the fact about Xbox ver...they will probably give more info after Japanese GCN release...they might effect sales if they said something now...but we don't even know when they will release new info...but just wait people...you are making a fool out of yourself by thinking you know something but the truth is, no one knows...
This is interesting, in a PSO board, there are still console fanboys/haters...and more fanboys in xbox ones than any other, wonder why anyone hated xbox so much...just feel frustrated by some of your comments..not only xbox haters, but also gcn haters or ps2 haters...stop being childish to those who bash other systems...are you guys 13 or something??if no, then shut the hell up and be an adult...no one system is better than another...if you like one, then it's your opinion...you don't need to bash the other systems....not everyone think same like you, you know...if so, then this world will be so boring...then again I know some people like to bash so let it be...I could care less about it anymore...
When I first come here, I wanted to know more about XBox PSO...but since then I have heard lots of people bashing xbox...just can't believe that...I am not praising Xbox in any way...if there is something wrong with videogames, it's the fanboys...they need to shut the hell up...for any system...you should know that you are really sound so childish by thinking you said something so smart, but you don't...really fanboys, don't be so childish...doubt you are 10...know there is some maturity inside of you...enjoy your games and love it...spread the words if you love a game...but don't bash another if you don't agree.....no one person is the same...not even twins...

X-thirteen
Jun 13, 2002, 08:16 PM
how hard is it to port over to another system? what would you need to change?

StoOgE
Jun 13, 2002, 08:54 PM
well.. considering that the GC version doesnt *look* any better than the DC version, I dont see why the Xbox couldnt handle the GC version of 1&2..

the only thing that could keep it from happening is if Nintendo signed a deal for the exclusive content, which is entirely possible.

However, we are looking at October/November at the earliers for Xbox Live! by all estimates, so there is alot that can change from now to then. Since the GC version is all but content finished, it is highly probable that they are just now starting to really work on the Xbox version.

Dain_Bramaged
Jun 13, 2002, 09:57 PM
Well, I'd say that video is pretty unforgiving in terms of optimism about the brand new shiny equal-to-or-better-than-the-Gamecube-version PSO1&2, however, there is still a bit of time left.

Granted, I am biased against X-box... more specifically, the company standing behind it, but, I do not wish to see it fail because of this. I do not think it will be the same as the Gamecube version, however, what we might see on the X-box is a comprimise between DC's V2 and the Gamecube one... a mostly-ported DC V2 with some new items thrown in, maybe a new area, maybe the odd new enemy, who knows? Who's to say that there isn't another area beyond the ruins that isn't completed yet, or new weapons not skinned yet...

I say, X-box fans, don't totally give up hope yet, but it looks grim...

BioFan
Jun 13, 2002, 10:37 PM
one thing people didn't think about when they bash the other version...we are all PSO fans...some of us may have Xbox and some have GCN...but we are waiting for the same game, basically...Now I know Sonic Team never let us down...and I doubt they will let down any of the Xbox gamers...in Japan, they are mostly the Sega hardcore gamers...I am a Sega hardcore fan, not Xbox's...I don't give a crap about microsoft...I like the Xbox but I bought it mainly for only ONE thing, Sega games...actually just for Orta...It's my favourite game...I would love to get GCN, there are games I wanted to get that for...but my brother already has it AND I am currently low of cash right now...but buying another doesn't mean hating the other...but even if you think the other system is not for you...then keep the opinion to you and not bash other people's opinion...
But anyway, we are talking about Sonic Team here guys...have they let any of you down??Would you want to let us down??even if you are not an Xbox gamer...would you want to get a version that is a year old when another console is getting the new one at the same time??you will get disappointed...Sonic team should know that...Xbox may not have that many extras but at least it should have what GCN has...but I am not sure if we will get the GCN myself...but I would be pissed off if Sonic Team would only give us ver.2 with voice chat...I just don't see any reason why they can't port the GCN ver...unless exclusive of course...But this is a sonic team...Sega may have disappointed us, especially with it's hardwares...but not softwares and definitely not sonic team...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BrokenHope
Jun 14, 2002, 04:51 AM
On 2002-06-13 15:56, BioFan wrote:
they are making the GCN version right now...probably they take much half of the time making the XBox version than the GCN version...they could used probably 50%-80% of the GCN codes and ported it over for XBox...and they will take the time to add some exclusive extras for the xbox until release...

Why does every single xbox fan seem to assume that their version of pso will automatically have extras?

At best xbox is going to get the exact same game as gc is but with voice chat. Given the fact it's free tho in japan at least it could just end up as v2 with voice chat.

Wewt
Jun 14, 2002, 07:01 AM
They bought a console with superior hardware, so they probably expect better versions of games that are on other consoles.

BioFan
Jun 14, 2002, 12:46 PM
I feel lazy arguing with you guys...at this point Xbox gamers assume one thing and non Xbox owner assume another...this is endless...so I will just wait for more info officially from Microsoft/Sega...I will have to skip all Xbox PSO topic in this forum since it always end up the same thing...
But for your information, PSO is included free for starter kit in Japan so people would buy more xbox for it's PSO or get the Xbox live...PSO is huge in Japan...I am not sure if it is ver.2 or GCN's one.....but it is common sense that if it is ONLY ver.2 no one will get it since GCN has eps1&2 3 months before Xbox ver...they would all be skipping it even if it is free...Microsoft should want something different from DC & GCN version to make people buy it...
But all of us doesn't know what ver it is...and I am too lazy arguing with you guys...it's pointless since none of us know...I don't assume we get exclusive content but I want to have some exclusives...Who doesn't??

anyway, I am out of here...wait for official news guys...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BioFan on 2002-06-14 10:59 ]</font>

Malkavian
Jun 14, 2002, 01:39 PM
Official news are said, and is not sonic team's fault, is Microsoft who decided to choose pso for gift with xbox live in japan.

I guess xbox is getting 2 PSO games. That free one that maybe don't go out of japan and this come the part where we don't know.
Will xbox get a good n nice PSO? maybe let's wait for that news

But this fall officially and definitely psov2 woth voice chat as gift for japan

Kalbelgarion
Jun 14, 2002, 06:14 PM
Erm...why do some say this is a DC port, when it has the GCN version's style graphics, such as the health bars? Why would they change only *that* detail for a re-release?

Yeah, I'm going to be sitting out until we get some concreate evidence that either says "The PSO for the American X-Box Live launch is a port of PSOv2", "It shall be a port of the GCN version", or something else.

BioFan
Jun 14, 2002, 09:15 PM
wat is official is this fall PSO will be released for both US and Japanese market, for XBox live, included free for Xbox live's starter kit in japan(btw, only free if you get the starter kit...won't be free if you just buy the game)...ver.2 is definitely in Xbox ver...and voice comm. is a definite....none is know if GCN ver is included or not or any extras...but it could happen...doesn't mean now not announce, it won't announce forever...it may, it may not...so wait...

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 10:08 PM
If I'm not mistaken, it was already confirmed that the US xbox live package will include that old ass Acclaim RC car racing game Re-volt instead of PSO. Why they would put that game in? I have no idea... but it's free, lol. And stop expecting all these stupid "exclusive extras", you people are just like those fanboys who THOUGHT GTA3 was coming to Xbox. (Until Sony shoved an exclusive 2 year contract to GTA games in their face.)

Rubesahl
Jun 14, 2002, 10:55 PM
You're so uptight with everything. Just relax, no one here is persistently saying: "Xbox version will have extras, Xbox version will have extras, Xbox version will have extras, Xbox version will have extras, Xbox version will have extras"
Of course they haven't announced any extras but they even haven't announced that there AREN'T going to be any extras. It's still unknown, take it easy already lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Sometimes you try to be too neutral, no offense.

Alisha
Jun 14, 2002, 11:07 PM
what you need to realize is sonic/team yuji naka arent making pso for x-box because they want to sega probally has a contract with ms saying they will make so many games what better than a quick cheap easy port of the pc version to satisfy one of those games

Greg
Jun 14, 2002, 11:32 PM
On 2002-06-14 20:08, Mag_Launcher wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, it was already confirmed that the US xbox live package will include that old ass Acclaim RC car racing game Re-volt instead of PSO. Why they would put that game in? I have no idea... but it's free, lol. And stop expecting all these stupid "exclusive extras", you people are just like those fanboys who THOUGHT GTA3 was coming to Xbox. (Until Sony shoved an exclusive 2 year contract to GTA games in their face.)

You do realise that you are the only one talking like a fanboy.

Greg
Jun 14, 2002, 11:35 PM
On 2002-06-14 21:07, Alisha wrote:
what you need to realize is sonic/team yuji naka arent making pso for x-box because they want to sega probally has a contract with ms saying they will make so many games what better than a quick cheap easy port of the pc version to satisfy one of those games

So sega doesn't want to make money? odd..

BioFan
Jun 15, 2002, 02:41 AM
On 2002-06-14 21:32, Greg wrote:

On 2002-06-14 20:08, Mag_Launcher wrote:

You do realise that you are the only one talking like a fanboy.

I have always wanted to say that...he keeps on saying that he has ALL systems, so he could bash other fanboy, but he is a fanboy himself...pathetic...

BrokenHope
Jun 15, 2002, 03:52 AM
On 2002-06-14 21:35, Greg wrote:

On 2002-06-14 21:07, Alisha wrote:

So sega doesn't want to make money? odd..

Heh what Alisha said seems to be alot like Namcos deal on the dreamcast, they had a 2 game deal and we got soul calibour then we got something lame like mr driller.

Kalbelgarion
Jun 15, 2002, 08:51 AM
But Sega is making tens of games for the X-Box *right now*. Why would they make so many complex and great games (TJ&E 3, Orta) then *one* "crappy" game?

Nah, I really, really doubt Sega has such a contract. Sega doesn't favor one piece of hardware over another...except when it comes to Yuji Naka and the PS2 (that little fanboy... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Malkavian
Jun 15, 2002, 10:02 AM
Sega only distribute games doesn't make them.
Sonic team, AM2, and other software developers are who choose the game they do and for what system

GhoStar
Jun 15, 2002, 11:04 AM
It's hard to deny Sonic Team's almost complete alliance with Nintendo products. The only thing standing between is Microsoft offering a version of PSO for *free*, obviously as the online game to appeal most to the Japanese would be PSO.

Does anyone know whether (like Shenmue 2X) Microsoft will be publishing Phantasy Star Online for Xbox?

Which would mean Microsoft are funding the project/port. It could simply be PC PSO with the new interface and added voice communication if MS doesn't feel like breaking the bank for extra workrate at Sonic Team (not Sega).

BrokenHope
Jun 15, 2002, 11:26 AM
On 2002-06-15 06:51, Kalbelgarion wrote:
But Sega is making tens of games for the X-Box *right now*. Why would they make so many complex and great games (TJ&E 3, Orta) then *one* "crappy" game?

Nah, I really, really doubt Sega has such a contract. Sega doesn't favor one piece of hardware over another...except when it comes to Yuji Naka and the PS2 (that little fanboy... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Why does this point have to be made time and time again we're talking about SONIC TEAM not sega in general.

Sonic team chose GC to be it's main console and apart from xbox pso that's where all of sonic teams games have headed up to this point.

BioFan
Jun 15, 2002, 01:16 PM
On 2002-06-15 09:04, GhoStar wrote:
It's hard to deny Sonic Team's almost complete alliance with Nintendo products. The only thing standing between is Microsoft offering a version of PSO for *free*, obviously as the online game to appeal most to the Japanese would be PSO.

Does anyone know whether (like Shenmue 2X) Microsoft will be publishing Phantasy Star Online for Xbox?

Which would mean Microsoft are funding the project/port. It could simply be PC PSO with the new interface and added voice communication if MS doesn't feel like breaking the bank for extra workrate at Sonic Team (not Sega).

Microsoft wants Xbox to succeed and do well iN japan...You think they won't pay Sonic Team for extra works??They sure will...at any cost...so I doubt Microsoft only want DC port or even GCN port...If they need to break Japanese market, this is the best time...don't you think so??Xbox Live...some people say this is the true Xbox launch in Japan...Microsoft already including PSO for Xbox live players for free...So they must do some kind of deal with Sega, and I doubt they only ask for a mere port...this doesn't make sense...it's common sense M$ wants something better than the other version and certainly this is NOT just a DC port...This maybe the game to break Xbox into Japanese market...I bet they even pay a lot to Sega to make them make games for Xbox...and they are not going to stop there...I highly doubt Xbox will get a DC port...it's just business...personally too, I want not a DC port, who does??and Microsoft MUST know this, don't they??if not, they are really stupid...I am not assuming anything, but if you take the shoes of Microsoft, and you want Japanese market badly...you will include one of the BEST selling online RPG for console in Japan for free, and you must have the latest version to win those fans to get the xbox version too and surely you want something exclusive...that is what I think if I were to put myself in Bill Gates shoes...I would not be content with something that is a year old when another console is getting a newer and better version...I know it won't sell...even if it is free...probably only PSO hardcore fans will get them but certainly not the casual PSO gamers...
and btw it is only free in Japan if you get the starter kit...it is not free in any other country...and I doubt they are making 2 versions of PSO...it just doesn't make sense at all...I just hope M$ is thinking for the gamers...they should know we won't want ver.2....we want at least GCN version...They should know that...but I don't know what they are planning, I don't know what is in for XBox version...I am not assuming they will make exclusive content for Xbox...I am not saying anything other than what I feel if I am Bill Gates and I want to break into Japanese market...it just doesn't make any sense at all to give ver.2...

Greg
Jun 15, 2002, 02:43 PM
Awww come on biofan! Don't you want to assume that PSO Xbox is a port based on 5 screenshots? Ya know ya do!

X-thirteen
Jun 15, 2002, 03:14 PM
On 2002-06-15 01:52, LuvSlave wrote:
we got something lame like mr driller.

you arent making fun of mr driller are you?

Parn
Jun 15, 2002, 03:27 PM
I SO look forward to saying "I told you so" to several people here.

If the game launches as a PSOV2 port, we win the argument for obvious reasons. If the game launches as a GameCube port, we still win the argument as well, because (as I made very clear before) while Microsoft was busy not hyping their game, most of the potential customers for PSO are going to buy the GameCube version instead, because they knew it was coming and what would be featured WAY ahead of time, and purchased the appropriate system. Hell, the only reason why I OWN a GameCube is PSO... I would have purchased an Xbox first and not bothered with GameCube if I knew what was going to be on its edition of PSO, but hell... we don't know jack shit about PSO Xbox.

Right now for Microsoft, I see it as a lose-lose situation. They lose if it really is a PSOV2 port, and they lose still if it isn't a port, because they never hyped the damn game, and most people will end up having purchased the opposing system's version instead.

You don't sell games by keeping quiet. This isn't like Metal Gear Solid 2 where Kojima could be completely silent and keep people in suspense... there was no competition for him.

Microsoft is on the LOSING END of the current console war, and whether this is a PSOV2 port or isn't, they are going to get the short end of the stick for letting Nintendo get all the hype for PSO. If you didn't notice, PSO Xbox isn't much on most people's minds, other than those that don't own a GameCube and own only an Xbox.

Not telling the public that this game is a GameCube port, or has new exclusive levels, or exclusive ANYTHING other than voice chat if the game really will have all this stuff makes NO SENSE at all. You can use sarcasm and say our judgement is premature all you want, but if you can't admit that Microsoft's current choice of action (that being, staying silent in regards to the full features of the game) isn't stupid, then quite frankly, you're an idiot.

We wouldn't even be having this argument if Microsoft would just give out the full details already. Assuming, they even have more details to give.

People are hyped up more than ever about the GameCube edition. Most people are all set to purchase their copy on release day... some are even importing.

So what about Xbox PSO? Who's honestly hyped up over it, after seeing a few V2 screens and mention of voice chat?

GhoStar
Jun 15, 2002, 03:47 PM
Awww come on biofan! Don't you want to assume that PSO Xbox is a port based on 5 screenshots? Ya know ya do!Are you trying to suggest I was doing so?

I'm actually somewhere in the middle until I actually:

A), something that's in the GC version.
B), read Sega or Microsoft announce it will have extras

Greg
Jun 15, 2002, 04:10 PM
On 2002-06-15 13:27, Parn wrote:

Hmm... That is a mature attitude. Especially considering that the people you are refering to have a wait and see attitude. Also, why would Microsoft need to spend money hyping a game that will be free? O_o

BioFan
Jun 15, 2002, 05:11 PM
On 2002-06-15 12:43, Greg wrote:
Awww come on biofan! Don't you want to assume that PSO Xbox is a port based on 5 screenshots? Ya know ya do!

HAHAHAHA...pathetic!!!

Rubesahl
Jun 15, 2002, 05:36 PM
Wow Parn, it must be a blast when you say that isn't it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Don't see the point of critisizing Microsoft's strategy really. They obviously think PSO as one of their many online titles. People do like to assume what will happen though. Just relax and wait for them to announce it no point in fighting when there's no offivial declaration, now please stop assuming, people here have a real problem in saying WHAT YOU THINK and saying A FACT. Parn, YOU THINK it will be a port, that's a fine point of view of yours but stop splaterring it on other peoples faces! No one here is screaming that it's going to come so just opinionate and leave it there~ Psh... Also, no one here is talking about who's going to win or not, the topic is PSO as if I weren't scolded by bringing a similar subject in another post so keep the subject PSO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-15 15:37 ]</font>

Nash
Jun 15, 2002, 05:39 PM
One other thing to bear in mind is the amount of negotiations that went on between Sega and Nintendo over the release in the modems. Nintendo didn't want to release an add-on when there wasn't enough games to support it. I expect Sega had to presuade them that PSO GC was enough for people to purchase the modem for.

And a good way of doing that is promising a much bigger game than the DC one, and content that is exclusive to the GC. And that's another reason why I think you will only be seeing V2.0 at most on Xbox.

MarkXIII
Jun 15, 2002, 05:40 PM
On 2002-06-15 14:10, Greg wrote:
Hmm... That is a mature attitude. Especially considering that the people you are refering to have a wait and see attitude.

Thats funny, they didnt seem to have a wait an see attitude a month ago. heh

BioFan
Jun 15, 2002, 05:43 PM
On 2002-06-15 13:27, Parn wrote:

If the game launches as a PSOV2 port, we win the argument for obvious reasons. If the game launches as a GameCube port, we still win the argument as well, because (as I made very clear before) while Microsoft was busy not hyping their game, most of the potential customers for PSO are going to buy the GameCube version instead, because they knew it was coming and what would be featured WAY ahead of time, and purchased the appropriate system. Hell, the only reason why I OWN a GameCube is PSO... I would have purchased an Xbox first and not bothered with GameCube if I knew what was going to be on its edition of PSO, but hell... we don't know jack shit about PSO Xbox.

Right now for Microsoft, I see it as a lose-lose situation. They lose if it really is a PSOV2 port, and they lose still if it isn't a port, because they never hyped the damn game, and most people will end up having purchased the opposing system's version instead.

You don't sell games by keeping quiet. This isn't like Metal Gear Solid 2 where Kojima could be completely silent and keep people in suspense... there was no competition for him.

Microsoft is on the LOSING END of the current console war, and whether this is a PSOV2 port or isn't, they are going to get the short end of the stick for letting Nintendo get all the hype for PSO. If you didn't notice, PSO Xbox isn't much on most people's minds, other than those that don't own a GameCube and own only an Xbox.

Not telling the public that this game is a GameCube port, or has new exclusive levels, or exclusive ANYTHING other than voice chat if the game really will have all this stuff makes NO SENSE at all. You can use sarcasm and say our judgement is premature all you want, but if you can't admit that Microsoft's current choice of action (that being, staying silent in regards to the full features of the game) isn't stupid, then quite frankly, you're an idiot.

We wouldn't even be having this argument if Microsoft would just give out the full details already. Assuming, they even have more details to give.

People are hyped up more than ever about the GameCube edition. Most people are all set to purchase their copy on release day... some are even importing.

So what about Xbox PSO? Who's honestly hyped up over it, after seeing a few V2 screens and mention of voice chat?

Can I ask something??What the hell are you talking about??what lose lose situation??There are some who will get GCN ver and there are some who will get xbox version...probably more on GCN version since more is known of the version but there are others who will get the Xbox version...
But anyway, Microsoft is not hiding anything...probably at this moment nothing is known what sega and microsoft is planning for xbox version...they probably release as much info as they can right now...we know it will have voice chat, and the voice mask...we know ver2 is definitely in the game...still 40% in progress...they will announce as they put in more...
GCN fanboys, stop your bullshits...the more you guys open your big mouth the more sure I am why GCN is known as kiddy systems...we never said anything about any of GCN's game...we didn't bash your games...but you have to come and bash Xbox games....I was trying to be nice but everyone has a limit...please stop yourr kiddy bullshit guys...you are all so pathetic...

Rubesahl
Jun 15, 2002, 05:52 PM
Yep~ I agree. Anyway they're making it on different systems so people that have different systems can play it! Some will get GC and some will get Xbox that's the way it is! No one is necesarilly going to win over the other, this isn't a competition on he gets the best PSO anyway right? So stop bashing everything.

Parn
Jun 15, 2002, 06:24 PM
On 2002-06-15 15:43, BioFan wrote:

Can I ask something??What the hell are you talking about??what lose lose situation??There are some who will get GCN ver and there are some who will get xbox version...probably more on GCN version since more is known of the version but there are others who will get the Xbox version...
But anyway, Microsoft is not hiding anything...probably at this moment nothing is known what sega and microsoft is planning for xbox version...they probably release as much info as they can right now...we know it will have voice chat, and the voice mask...we know ver2 is definitely in the game...still 40% in progress...they will announce as they put in more...
GCN fanboys, stop your bullshits...the more you guys open your big mouth the more sure I am why GCN is known as kiddy systems...we never said anything about any of GCN's game...we didn't bash your games...but you have to come and bash Xbox games....I was trying to be nice but everyone has a limit...please stop yourr kiddy bullshit guys...you are all so pathetic...

Hey retard, if you didn't notice, I said the only reason why I purchased a GameCube is for PSO. I'll type it in all caps for you, since you have significant difficulty reading.

I ONLY PURCHASED A GAMECUBE FOR PHANTASY STAR ONLINE.

The only systems I've ever purchased are Sega systems in the past. Xbox has the most Sega support. Logically speaking, if anything, I'd support Xbox more than any other system. Do you understand now, that these are not the words of some raving Nintendo fanboy? Fucking illiterate piece of shit.

What Xbox games am I bashing, oh ye of lacking intelligence and basic comprehension? I thought I've mentioned several times in several different posts that I'm not anti-Xbox. Since it's apparent that the intellectually challenged participate on this board, I'll restate these things for the hundredth time. Panzer Dragoon Orta, the sequel to my favorite series of all time, is coming to Xbox. Jet Set Radio Future, not on any system but Xbox. I just ordered Morrowind four hours ago from EBGames.com and am anticipating recieving it on Monday. So don't preach to me about anti-Xbox bullshit, you fucking moron.

I speak from an objective viewpoint, or at least I'd like to think so. Since this is a discussion board, I'd like to think I can think outloud about what I think of Xbox PSO.

Now Greg, you say why Microsoft should hype a game that will be free... and you are missing an important point. PSO Xbox is being used in Japan as a title to push Xbox Live. Free or not, they're trying to get as many people hooked onto Xbox Live as possible. You don't get people interested by keeping silent. More hype = more subscribers. Silence = less subscribers.

You know, it gets really old seeing people get all riled up over any negative comment towards Xbox, and automatically assume it's just "rantings by a Nintendo fanboy." If you'd pull the proverbial stick out of your ass, you might be able to think (and maybe walk) straight.

I will say this one last time, and I'm done. If PSO Xbox is getting unique features, WHY NOT SAY SO? There is NO LOGIC in keeping silent. Yes, the game is less than 50% complete, but if PSO Xbox is getting exclusive features, why not just go ahead and say "the new stuff isn't quite done, but it'll all be in soon!" Is that really too much to ask? Just speaking up would keep the audience informed, and get the customers lined up. Silence results in people having to speculate (like now), and potential customers to just move on to what they know will be available (like me). This is not rocket science.

I'm sure some of you say "just wait and see", and that's a given, but discussion is what we're all here for. I'd rather speculate about Xbox PSO than discuss "wut RAREZ did u git from teh ruinz???"

Edit: BTW, the last few paragraphs are in general, not to you Greg. Heh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-06-15 17:11 ]</font>

BioFan
Jun 15, 2002, 07:16 PM
Hey retard, if you didn't notice, I said the only reason why I purchased a GameCube is for PSO. I'll type it in all caps for you, since you have significant difficulty reading.

I ONLY PURCHASED A GAMECUBE FOR PHANTASY STAR ONLINE.

The only systems I've ever purchased are Sega systems in the past. Xbox has the most Sega support. Logically speaking, if anything, I'd support Xbox more than any other system. Do you understand now, that these are not the words of some raving Nintendo fanboy? Fucking illiterate piece of shit.

What Xbox games am I bashing, oh ye of lacking intelligence and basic comprehension? I thought I've mentioned several times in several different posts that I'm not anti-Xbox. Since it's apparent that the intellectually challenged participate on this board, I'll restate these things for the hundredth time. Panzer Dragoon Orta, the sequel to my favorite series of all time, is coming to Xbox. Jet Set Radio Future, not on any system but Xbox. I just ordered Morrowind four hours ago from EBGames.com and am anticipating recieving it on Monday. So don't preach to me about anti-Xbox bullshit, you fucking moron.

I speak from an objective viewpoint, or at least I'd like to think so. Since this is a discussion board, I'd like to think I can think outloud about what I think of Xbox PSO.

ok, I am a moron...a retard...I was really frustrated to hear all this bullshit. Not only from you...But the thinks you said, you believe is a fact...but it is not, it is only what you think and others don't agree and I don't...
I don't see what is wrong with microsoft being tight lip about their PSO...What I am trying to say is, you have your own opinion about the whole situation...we have others, but no one is right right now until Microsoft announce more...You may like to speculate things but please for the love of god, don't always think you are correct...
Ok I am sorry for what I said previously...I sound like a retard or a fanboy myself....I think this is my last post in this forum...Have fun with your Xbox and GCN version...

Parn
Jun 15, 2002, 07:34 PM
Eh, I never once said that what I'm saying is fact. I'm just debating simple logic, really. Your as entitled to your opinion as I am mine in the end though.

Regardless, I'm out on yet another thread myself.

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 15, 2002, 11:42 PM
aaaahhhh i was loking forward to this game too i would be very happy if they did a graphics upgrade

PSOjedi
Jun 16, 2002, 03:22 AM
We must admit that PSO XBOX will be just a Dreamcast v2 port with the communicator feature. If there were some othters add ons like on ngc Sonic Team would have already annouced them. And PSO will be given with the Japanese starter pack XBOX Live so it's confirm what I say.

If Sonic Team makes new stages or new weapons or new characters, it will only be dowloadable from xbox live.

Also Sonic Team doesn't have time to put more extra feature.

I don't know if I'm going to have that release if it is just a dreamcast pso v2. I don't have a gamecube and i don't want that thing.

Rubesahl
Jun 16, 2002, 09:53 AM
Strange seeing someone who thinks it's Ver.2 and wants it @__@

PSOjedi
Jun 16, 2002, 10:11 AM
On 2002-06-16 07:53, Rubesahl wrote:
Strange seeing someone who thinks it's Ver.2 and wants it @__@

who ?

Malkavian
Jun 16, 2002, 10:28 AM
What is true is that MS want to release it this fall. Most part of sonic team is doing the final work for gcn pso. And they'll have like 2-3 months or less until the release. I guess they won't add 2 much, be clever and have the product finished for the xbox live date release.
I see nearly impossible a better version than GCN.

Rubesahl
Jun 16, 2002, 11:45 AM
Sorry thought you said that but it seems you said that it will be Ver.2 and you're not thinking of getting a GC.

As for you other people and I mean everybody, here's the conclusion:

1. IT HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED WHAT IT IS GOING TO BE
2. DON'T ASSUME
3. It COULD be version 2, true, but I see no point in being so.
4. Most people THINK it is Ver.2 but that is their opinion.
5. It will come out free in Japan, good strategy to get the japanese to get Xbox Live. But still unknown on which version it is.
6. By our bussiness professional Parn he sees this as an idiotic way to sell, that is his opinion but I clearly don't see why

And for my opinion, I think they're being to calm for reason. Who knows?! Maybe it'll have downloadable levels, maybe it'll be ver.2, maybe it'll be port from GC but NO ONE KNOWS now, no point in talking in this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-16 09:47 ]</font>

PSOjedi
Jun 16, 2002, 01:34 PM
I have 2000 hours PSO v1 & v2 on Dreamcast and I wanted to play more on XBOX.

Yes, MS did not gave Sonic Team time to make the same PSO as the Cube so there's 99% chance that XBOX get the same as the DC v2. But, and I hope so, downloadable quests and levels will be available soon after the release to encourage xbox games to play.

Greg
Jun 16, 2002, 02:35 PM
On 2002-06-16 01:22, PSOjedi wrote:
We must admit that PSO XBOX will be just a Dreamcast v2 port with the communicator feature. If there were some othters add ons like on ngc Sonic Team would have already annouced them. And PSO will be given with the Japanese starter pack XBOX Live so it's confirm what I say.

If Sonic Team makes new stages or new weapons or new characters, it will only be dowloadable from xbox live.

Also Sonic Team doesn't have time to put more extra feature.

I don't know if I'm going to have that release if it is just a dreamcast pso v2. I don't have a gamecube and i don't want that thing.

This guy on the internet told me dogs have magical powers... it must be true!

X-thirteen
Jun 16, 2002, 04:40 PM
On 2002-06-16 11:34, PSOjedi wrote:
downloadable quests and levels will be available soon after the release to encourage xbox games to play.

and you got this information from where?

Wewt
Jun 16, 2002, 05:29 PM
The magical place where the flowers grow.

Greg
Jun 16, 2002, 08:38 PM
That is the same place everyone else here gets their magical information.

HEP2O
Jun 16, 2002, 09:06 PM
after this point random thoughts ,speculation
and facts based in alternate realities.

god this "game" is coming "free" with the xbox "live" kit so if u want the "kit" u get a free "pso" wtf.NGC looks great so far(dc faults included at no extra cost).LET hope the "importers" dont ruin it>looks at baruberry. i would rather buy a cheatassport & think i got my moneys worth, then getting a cheatassport 4 "free" and thinking "did we come 2 this place before>everybody?".
ps when is a "cheapassport" coming 2 ps2?

Kalbelgarion
Jun 16, 2002, 09:20 PM
1) We know what the GCN version is. Sonic Team has stated that it is totally finished.

2) We know that the X-Box version's release is, by a moderate guess, at least five months away.

3) We know that it shall contain the Forest level of PSOv2.

4) We know it shall have the "fluff" graphical additions that the GCN version recieved.

5) We know that the game is currently 40% complete.

Really, folks. Only the stupid would draw a conclusion about this game with the above information.

And, Parn, the game's release is half a year away! "Hype" has very little to do with how THIS game will sell. It will make little difference to the general gaming public if all the features are announced tomorrow or in September. And, who knows. Perhaps Microsoft is hammering out the details with Sonic Team of how they shall work together with this game and what features it shall include. Releasing screen shots of the Forest would seem like a good move, then, rather than releasing shots of a feature that may be scratched.

That "40%" figure could refer to a lot of things. It could be the Forest->Ruins that is ported over. It could be just the Forest. Heck, it could be the entire package of PSO Episode I and II.

And, please. I'd wish we all could be civil. And someone tell the fanboys on both sides to stifle, alright? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BioFan
Jun 16, 2002, 11:34 PM
well, in a Japanese magazine, they said what is done at the moment
-episode 1
-voice chat(4 different mask voices)
that's 40%...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
what they will give us in the end is still a mystery...no one knows...
I will just post infos, I won't speculate and I won't reply to those I don't agree...It's just an endless debate until either Sega/Microsoft announce some infos...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Greg
Jun 16, 2002, 11:42 PM
I hope that Xbox gets the same episode II levels and not 4 completely different levels. Then no one would fucking shut up... ever....

faceless
Jun 17, 2002, 04:26 AM
it's a win-win situation for me, since i plan to get both anyway...

BrokenHope
Jun 17, 2002, 05:36 AM
heh arguing features is pointless, everyone seems to have forgotten that what made pso so great was the people on it. Xbox could have a ton more features and it still wouldn't make me buy it, my friends are getting episode I & II so that's the version i'm getting.

Just say xbox pso does get more features is it worth not playing with your friends just to get a few extra features?

I make that comment because it seems the majority of people here are getting the GC version.

PSOjedi
Jun 17, 2002, 06:01 AM
On 2002-06-16 19:20, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Really, folks. Only the stupid would draw a conclusion about this game with the above information.

PSO will a free game in the Japanese Xbox-Live starter pack.
Do you really think it will be the same as the Cube ? NOWAY, that's impossible.

I want so much a really good PSO on XBOX but I'm realistic and it will just be a DC v2 port. If PSO Xbox was the same as Cube, Sonic Team and Microsoft would already have announced that.

Kent
Jun 17, 2002, 09:06 AM

Yes, you are very correct.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

On 2002-06-17 04:01, PSOjedi wrote:
PSO will a free game in the Japanese Xbox-Live starter pack.
Do you really think it will be the same as the Cube ? NOWAY, that's impossible.

Hey! Guess what!
It's very possible!

but I'm realistic and it will just be a DC v2 port.

Realistic? You don't even have solid facts to back that up yet!

If PSO Xbox was the same as Cube, Sonic Team and Microsoft would already have announced that.

You don't know that, I don't know that, nobody else here knows that. Therefore, it cannot be proven amongst the people of these boards, unless one of them works for Sega/is a part of Sonic Team or they work for Microsoft (although, they might not even know).

PSOjedi
Jun 17, 2002, 09:32 AM
On 2002-06-17 07:06, Kent wrote:

OK, so you will see this fall.

You don't know that, I don't know that, nobody else here knows that. Therefore, it cannot be proven amongst the people of these boards, unless one of them works for Sega/is a part of Sonic Team or they work for Microsoft (although, they might not even know).

Yes I know. It's simple to understand what's going on.
If Sega/MS announce that the game will be the same as Cube, people will not buy a Cube just for PSO. And MS knows that, so if they don't announce nothing it's because it will be a Dreamcast v2 port with the communicator, that's all simply http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kalbelgarion
Jun 17, 2002, 04:27 PM
Or, Microsoft could be holding out information about the game for a few more months, perhaps until right before the GCN version releases...

M$: Next week, you all can purchase PSO episode I and II for the GCN for x Yen. Or, you can wait until this fall and get the very same game ABSOLUTLY FREE!

See, a move like that would steal Nintendo's fire and push MORE sales to Microsoft.

It really could go either way. Only the stupid would draw a solid conclusion on the information we currently have.

Greg
Jun 17, 2002, 06:33 PM
On 2002-06-17 07:32, PSOjedi wrote:

If Sega/MS announce that the game will be the same as Cube, people will not buy a Cube just for PSO. And MS knows that, so if they don't announce nothing it's because it will be a Dreamcast v2 port with the communicator, that's all simply http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Seriously dude, you are an idiot. Just please stop.

XxPatriotxX
Jun 17, 2002, 06:53 PM
well Just because it looks like the DC version doesn't mean it sucks U guys liked the DC verion didn't u? alright then Xbox is just like The DC version Just with FASTER and Bigger Adjustments such as Faster network play and Faster Gameplay and BETTER Gameplay it may look like The Same as DC but its different in many ways

Greg
Jun 17, 2002, 09:25 PM
On 2002-06-17 16:53, XxPatriotxX wrote:
well Just because it looks like the DC version doesn't mean it sucks U guys liked the DC verion didn't u? alright then Xbox is just like The DC version Just with FASTER and Bigger Adjustments such as Faster network play and Faster Gameplay and BETTER Gameplay it may look like The Same as DC but its different in many ways

That and there has been no official word as to what is in it so I think every need stop now.

Strider_Gren
Jun 17, 2002, 10:47 PM
On 2002-06-17 16:33, Greg wrote:

On 2002-06-17 07:32, PSOjedi wrote:

Seriously dude, you are an idiot. Just please stop.

Greg, that makes you sound like a fanboy seriously. You can keep up the "No information has been released, so stop right now" bullshit. That "idiot's" statement about "If they announce it will be the same or better to the cube, people won't buy the cube for just PSO" is totally true. It's basic marketing. Microsoft's silence on the subject is absolute bullshit, in this Xbox owners perspective. Microsoft isn't in the minor leages here, they are a major corperation, I beleive they would do anything possible to decrease sales of other systems. This silence proves to me IN MY OPINION that Microsoft is not (in lamens terms) "giving a damn" about PSO. They know it has a fan base, ESPECIALLY so in Japan, (A market they are desprately trying to catch anyways). This to me seems like they are trying their damndest to push the XBOX console into japanese homes, while simultaneoulsy not giving equal hype to what makes a system, the software.

No matter how much I stress that this is MY OPINION, you (not specifically greg) are going to flame me in at least 1 of 3 distinct ways:

1: The "U R AN IDIOT!"
2: The "U are just a ranting GCNfanboy!" (though I lack a GCN)
3:The "I'm tired of all this ranting of 'how the game is going to be without proper information!'" (though that didn't stop ppl from bragging about how good Halo was gonna be when it was nixed for the PC and announced for the XBOX)

Do I, realesing this list of ways you are gonna flame me mean I expect you not to flame me? No..I just want it to when you flame me, take you a few seconds to come up with something better than the 'usual' flames.

(As a parting note, I do beleive it is sad when flaming has become so predictable and normal)

Ok everyone, I'm through. You CAN flame me now.

: Puts in earplugs and begins reading EGM:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Strider_Gren on 2002-06-17 20:48 ]</font>

X-thirteen
Jun 17, 2002, 10:55 PM
On 2002-06-17 20:47, Strider_Gren wrote:
Greg, that makes you sound like a fanboy seriously. You can keep up the "No information has been released, so stop right now" bullshit. That "idiot's" statement about "If they announce it will be the same or better to the cube, people won't buy the cube for just PSO" is totally true. It's basic marketing. Microsoft's silence on the subject is absolute bullshit, in this Xbox owners perspective. Microsoft isn't in the minor leages here, they are a major corperation, I beleive they would do anything possible to decrease sales of other systems. This silence proves to me IN MY OPINION that Microsoft is not (in lamens terms) "giving a damn" about PSO. They know it has a fan base, ESPECIALLY so in Japan, (A market they are desprately trying to catch anyways). This to me seems like they are trying their damndest to push the XBOX console into japanese homes, while simultaneoulsy not giving equal hype to what makes a system, the software.

No matter how much I stress that this is MY OPINION, you (not specifically greg) are going to flame me in at least 1 of 3 distinct ways:

1: The "U R AN IDIOT!"
2: The "U are just a ranting GCNfanboy!" (though I lack a GCN)
3:The "I'm tired of all this ranting of 'how the game is going to be without proper information!'" (though that didn't stop ppl from bragging about how good Halo was gonna be when it was nixed for the PC and announced for the XBOX)

Do I, realesing this list of ways you are gonna flame me mean I expect you not to flame me? No..I just want it to when you flame me, take you a few seconds to come up with something better than the 'usual' flames.

(As a parting note, I do beleive it is sad when flaming has become so predictable and normal)

Ok everyone, I'm through. You CAN flame me now.

: Puts in earplugs and begins reading EGM:

go away shit for brains.

Greg
Jun 17, 2002, 10:57 PM
What with the influx of braindead newbies? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HeeroX
Jun 17, 2002, 11:29 PM
This is really starting to annoy me. all these f****** Xbox fans. Even though I have an Xbox, I would hate to see PSO come on it. It just wouldn't be right. And to tell the truth, that Xbox Live thing for PSO, it messes up the whole PSO mood. Anyway, a lot of people bought a GC for PSO. Least PSO is coming out before the Xbox one, and everyone has already bought there GC and made there decisions, everyone is gonna be on PSO. PLUS!! Tell me this! Would you rather pay $11.00 for PSOE1&2 90 days, or pay 15 dollars a month for that da** Xbox Live Sh**? huh? Yah it's said that u have to pay a certain amount and have like a few months to try it out, and then pay monthly fee after the limit is over, but how do u know that won't change, before it comes out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeeroX on 2002-06-17 21:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeeroX on 2002-06-17 21:38 ]</font>

StratusFear
Jun 18, 2002, 02:59 AM
On 2002-06-16 19:06, HEP2O wrote:
ps when is a "cheapassport" coming 2 ps2?

One probably won't come to PS2 since Yuji Naka would rather be a fanboy than bring extra revenue to Sonic Team. :| But that doesn't bother me anyway, I have my cube now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Wewt
Jun 18, 2002, 08:08 AM
"Hype" has very little to do with how THIS game will sell.
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. This game was one of the biggest games I saw hyped up. It took quite a few years to make as well...hyped up over the years...that hype was majorly advertised, thus creating mass sales.

It will make little difference to the general gaming public if all the features are announced tomorrow or in September.
I believe that PSO isn't a big enough game to go on another console and attact customers without "HYPE".

Rubesahl
Jun 18, 2002, 10:00 AM
Wow, I've been flamed and everything http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyway my point is that don't say it's official when it's not! Just wait till they say it so you can fill your heart to say "I told you so" Which I think it would be very stupid to do...but...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I don't see why they're just bashing everyone's speculations that it will be GC port and insult them. Well this my last post here because there's no point to go on. Flame me if you want after this I don't really care lol.

faceless
Jun 18, 2002, 01:24 PM
On 2002-06-17 21:29, HeeroX wrote:
This is really starting to annoy me. all these f****** Xbox fans. Even though I have an Xbox, I would hate to see PSO come on it. It just wouldn't be right. And to tell the truth, that Xbox Live thing for PSO, it messes up the whole PSO mood. Anyway, a lot of people bought a GC for PSO. Least PSO is coming out before the Xbox one, and everyone has already bought there GC and made there decisions, everyone is gonna be on PSO. PLUS!! Tell me this! Would you rather pay $11.00 for PSOE1&2 90 days, or pay 15 dollars a month for that da** Xbox Live Sh**? huh? Yah it's said that u have to pay a certain amount and have like a few months to try it out, and then pay monthly fee after the limit is over, but how do u know that won't change, before it comes out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeeroX on 2002-06-17 21:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HeeroX on 2002-06-17 21:38 ]</font>

$50 for a year of Live, which includes more than just PSO

$48 ($12*4) for a year of PSO

hey, if you ONLY play PSO, you can save $2!!!

some more aspiring individuals would even include the bba/modem ($35) and memory card ($15) costs in this equation too, but not me...

Malkavian
Jun 18, 2002, 01:33 PM
Like people plays 2-3 pay per play games at once.....
and after the first year is more expensive the xbox live

Greg
Jun 18, 2002, 02:18 PM
On 2002-06-17 21:29, HeeroX wrote:
This is really starting to annoy me. all these f****** Xbox fans.

Atcually the GC fanboys are the worst. They are the ones who are constantatly making unprovable statements and want the xbox version to do poorly (even though it would be great for the future of pso for all versions of it to do well).

Even though I have an Xbox, I would hate to see PSO come on it. It just wouldn't be right. And to tell the truth, that Xbox Live thing for PSO, it messes up the whole PSO mood.

This has to be one of the stupidest things said on this board. And let me tell you, you are in tough compatition.

Anyway, a lot of people bought a GC for PSO. Least PSO is coming out before the Xbox one, and everyone has already bought there GC and made there decisions, everyone is gonna be on PSO.

Ok this one is even worse...

PLUS!! Tell me this! Would you rather pay $11.00 for PSOE1&2 90 days, or pay 15 dollars a month for that da** Xbox Live Sh**? huh? Yah it's said that u have to pay a certain amount and have like a few months to try it out, and then pay monthly fee after the limit is over, but how do u know that won't change, before it comes out.

Xbox live will be about $4 per month for the first year ($49 for the first $12 months) That price includes ALL xbox online games. You my good friend, are rather uninformed. Fanboys rarely make a good argument http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Greg
Jun 18, 2002, 02:24 PM
On 2002-06-18 11:33, Malkavian wrote:

Well, I know I'll wanna play counter strike, mech assult, PSO, and UC, there are 4 titles right there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Strider_Gren
Jun 18, 2002, 03:39 PM
Counter-Strike is coming to Xbox? Gimme a link regarding it's release date or even announcement.

Strider_Gren
Jun 18, 2002, 03:51 PM
On 2002-06-17 20:55, X-thirteen wrote:
go away shit for brains.

Hmmmm.. One liner insults are better suited to chat rooms than message boards. I see how you all get so many posts. At least have the decency to insult me with a paragraph, not some sad Post Count ++.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 19, 2002, 08:34 AM
What? Were you Xbox owners expecting some God-like port of PSO for the XBox?

Malkavian
Jun 19, 2002, 09:31 AM
On 2002-06-18 12:24, Greg wrote:

On 2002-06-18 11:33, Malkavian wrote:

Well, I know I'll wanna play counter strike, mech assult, PSO, and UC, there are 4 titles right there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Those are pay per play games? Well if they are, congrats you made a good choice since you are a hardcore online gamer

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 10:19 AM
On 2002-06-19 06:34, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:

God-like?
No.

We're just arguing over whether or not all the GameCube fanboys actually know if PSO on Xbox will be just version 2 with voice chat or Episodes I & II, like on GameCube. And they don't (and [i]that's[/]i a fact), so this arguement is pointless now.

Strider_Gren
Jun 19, 2002, 01:24 PM
On 2002-06-19 08:19, Kent wrote:

On 2002-06-19 06:34, Javier_Von_Fenrir wrote:

God-like?
No.

We're just arguing over whether or not all the GameCube fanboys actually know if PSO on Xbox will be just version 2 with voice chat or Episodes I & II, like on GameCube. And they don't (and [i]that's[/]i a fact), so this arguement is pointless now.

I think the fanboys are just going on info they have at the moment, and honestly, what else is there to go on? At the moment it seems I'm just gonna get a glorfied Ver. 2 on my Xbox....

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 02:05 PM
People could try going on a little patience, and wait until something official is announced. But I guess that's above a few of the simpletons here, unless they'd like to try and prove me wrong.

HeeroX
Jun 19, 2002, 07:41 PM
I will prove my point. I'll come back with news soon enough. I'm gonna go read some japanese sites. see ya

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 19, 2002, 07:55 PM
it be cool if it was a conbo of the 2 (possibility 0) b/c i have no PSO hours or even seconds so I want teh whole experience (hate not knowing the story behind it)

XBOX_JEDI
Jun 19, 2002, 08:07 PM
[/quote]

Those are pay per play games? Well if they are, congrats you made a good choice since you are a hardcore online gamer

[/quote].
someone needs to check their xbox news..

WEBSTER
Jun 19, 2002, 11:17 PM
hmmmm, let see...... i paid 15 dollars to play online for 3 months of pso, now if i renewed my HL and played for a year, that would be like 60 bucks, and thats for like only one game..........now then, i get xbox live which comes with a free game, and it must be crap cause its free right, cause things that are free are always crap or year old ports, that would be like the smartest business decision ever, right.......anyways.....there are tons of games i want to play online with, like STgallixies, matrix rpg, mech assult, lotr rpg, halo 2 and yes PSO, to name a few. and out side of buying de games whats it gonna cost me, considering i don't have to buy a memory card to down load upgrades or new quests, ever again....... its like only 50 bucks, for full access, 24 7, for a full year..... 50 bucks to play everygame online........... so you go read up, and prove to the world how arrogant you really are.

hell de only thing for pso xbox that is known right now is, its got voice chat, and you can play in forest 1...... i mean its not even on MS or sega's web site, so ya'll need to take kent's advice and show little patience, and wait until something official is announced. .....ohno i feel like i'm being sucked into this redundent stupidity........

de xbox version sucks, cause you can only battle in forest, and de red dragon is now called dragonfalz, cause its only pso forest for de box, and you don't have to stop attacking those boomas to type something out, you could actually beatdown some badies while you talk, good god dat sucks......cause when i type through my magical keyboard, all the jap players understand me, so i can fallow them through challeng mod and get my s-rank without figuring it out myself, BONZI!!!!!

.........wo headrush i see why all de people with cubes type that kind of stuff........soooo, most of the info on pso cube is known and thats great, i've enjoyed looking at de screen shots and movies, but don't go waving it around like a miss informed spoiled child, just cause u know whats coming out on your pso, doesn't make yours better, ya'll just know what your getting. xbox pso is still up in de air, so if you have any facts besides de voice chat feature, i would love to hear it, until then stop jumping de gun and bashing what you don't know. sure to speculate on it is kool and adds to de excitement, of whats to come, but don't say crap cause you bought one system over de other, pso will be pso no matter what system its on, and i will enjoy what ever version ST decides to release on the xbox. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sedric
Jun 20, 2002, 12:14 AM
I'm just new here, but....

Frankly, I think you're all repeating same thing over and over and over. Wheeeeeeeeeee, merry-go-round....

Anyway, so far, only thing that is sure is we know what's gonna be on GC PSO and we don't for XBox PSO. That's it. No "but"s, no "and"s, no "if"s, and no "or"s.

I was going to aim for XBox version, cause I have a broadband. But now changed my mind and am buying GC one because I know what I'm paying for... But I don't know for XBox... Sure, I can wait, but I wanna play PSO during this summer, so my decision is final. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well, that's my 1 + 1 cents.

faceless
Jun 20, 2002, 12:59 AM
Revolt on DC is fun... it's not $50 must buy fun, but it's a fun game, and online play with it should be fun for a week or so...

Spy
Jun 20, 2002, 01:02 AM
*Yawn*

Nothing is final for any game until it ships, and even then, the shipments can always be recalled before they ever reach the shelves.

Nobody, regardless of what system they have, should think that they really know anything about what their system's version of PSO will or will not have.

Nothing is concrete until the disc is spinning in your system drive. Until then, everyone should just calm down and be patient. This has been the biggest waste of a thread I've ever seen(except by one or two funnies by Greg) and I've been the author(or co-author) of some pretty lame bullshit.

Now I think I'm going to go beat Resident Evil again.

Greg
Jun 20, 2002, 01:19 AM
On 2002-06-18 13:39, Strider_Gren wrote:
Counter-Strike is coming to Xbox? Gimme a link regarding it's release date or even announcement.

Look at the Xbox live information. You can find it on your own. Try Google if you get stumped.

Sedric
Jun 20, 2002, 01:26 AM
On 2002-06-19 23:19, Greg wrote:

On 2002-06-18 13:39, Strider_Gren wrote:

Look at the Xbox live information. You can find it on your own. Try Google if you get stumped.

What about DoD?? Is it coming?? I hope it does! It's a cool game too!

faceless
Jun 20, 2002, 02:48 AM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,561530,00.html

E3 2002: Counter-Strike confirmed for Xbox

Microsoft will be bringing the popular first-person shooter to its Xbox Live service.

Strider_Gren
Jun 20, 2002, 02:30 PM
Okay, thanks for the link.

gamefreak__
Jun 20, 2002, 08:59 PM
have u ever thought that Sonic Team will use whats there?????? Like most other developers of online games for the Xbox so far have said: For Xbox Live u will be able to download *Additional Content* to ur game for the all included Live setup package. Thats a true hint that even tho the Xbox PSO could be V.2 all they have to do is leave a hook like DOA3 and add the GC features later. Come on folks i have DOA3 and it still kicks a** after the booster disc came out. And probally like DOA3 we had to beg for the first booster...................... So all we have to do is beg for the Keyboaed support and whaddaya know a new download appears when Xbox Live Boots up. And its all thanks to Microsoft to be smart enough to put a HDD in the xbox

Im sorry if i sound like a fanyboy but im not. i own all systems and heck if sonic team goes crazy and makes a PS2 ill consider. But ive been a fan since it was annouced 2 years ago(or whenever it was annouced) and i planned on buying and PSO that ever came out since. Now i will see what u ppl have to say and ill just sit back and read it all.

gamefreak__

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gamefreak__ on 2002-06-20 19:21 ]</font>