PDA

View Full Version : Best Class..For Noobs

slavetoguilt
Jul 24, 2004, 04:08 PM
I don't know if i post his hear or what ever, <--Noob, but any way, they say that, the hunter is the best class for noob i disagree, the hunter gets smacked up alot in the forest, i think the ranger is the best for noobs, any one agree?

Jason
Jul 24, 2004, 04:36 PM
Well. n00bs needs experience of getting smacked up and that's as a hunter. And later on, a hunter can use basic guns.

After sword wielding and several shooting as a hunter, you'll know what to do to survive as a ranger.

As for forces, well... it is for advanced players. Eheh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

KaFKa
Jul 24, 2004, 04:46 PM
in the beginning, hunters are easiest for new players, followed shortly by rangers and lastly forces.

but once you take the kid gloves off and start tangling with the bartles and vulmers, you'll soon recognize that hunters are the most challenging to be successful with. rangers are the same at level 140 that they are at 1, run and shoot. while forces are easily the most "nubbish" of the classes, standing and nuking gets the FO job done.

all in all, it comes down to taste.

Jess_01
Jul 24, 2004, 05:07 PM
imo HUcast is good for beginner,because he's strong,you don't have to deal with magic(which could get a bit confusing) and it's not as boring as a ranger(standing outside of a fight and just shoot is SO boring)
the casts and caseals are good,because they heal themself slowly and can see traps

slavetoguilt
Jul 24, 2004, 05:34 PM
I have a level 55 cast and a 45 ranger ((forget whiche one)) but i find its alot easer in the mines when you have a crush bullet and you sit back and shot as oppused to haveing a partisen, or daggers ects.

doubletake123
Jul 24, 2004, 05:47 PM
true but if you have a hucast with a lvl 200 mag you will own.

Mixfortune
Jul 24, 2004, 06:06 PM
On 2004-07-24 15:47, doubletake123 wrote:
true but if you have a hucast with a lvl 200 mag you will own.

That would not be a starting character then, would it? Not to mention that anyone with a level 200 mag (given it doesn't have completely off base stats like 195 mind for an android) would do well... not just a HUcast.

If you are playing offline solo and are just starting out, HUmar or HUnewearl are the best, because they have the easiest time soloing bosses in the early levels. Resta is almost a must for solo offline beginners if they want an easier time, and Hunters can also do the hit and run tactic once they can use a gun, which should only take a few levels.

For online or offline multimode, rangers may be a good starting character for new players, but might not be the best choice for beginners... it's best to learn how to dodge attacks as well as properly handle yourself when enemies are close to you early on in normal mode than later on when the enemies get faster the close the distance sooner. For that I would say Forces and Rangers are probably not the best starting character to get used to.

Solstis
Jul 24, 2004, 07:51 PM
Forces = Tough to master, and once you do finally master your force, you come to find that you are useless in Ultimate.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Fun though? Yessh.

LoreSeeker
Jul 24, 2004, 10:42 PM
On 2004-07-24 17:51, Solstis wrote:
Forces = Tough to master, and once you do finally master your force, you come to find that you are useless in Ultimate.

Fun though? Yessh.

I fail to see how forces would be useless in ult. Level 30 Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure can make all the difference for other players online. Nuking isn't quite as strong online, but it sure as hell gets the job done offline. Forces are the best characters in the beginning of ultimate, and remain very competent for the duration of it.

Anyway, the best noob character would probably be the HUmar. You don't have to worry about any single stat, because everything is so balanced. You can cast Resta on yourself to save mates. You can use Jellen and Zalure once you figure out what you're doing. HUmars are pretty damn strong as well, and have the second best ATA of a hunter (200 max base).

I would venture to say that not only are HUmars the best noob character, but they are the most overused one as well. If I had a quarter for every time I saw a noob using a HUmar wearing black with yellow spikey hair, I would have a lifetime subscription for PSO. Damn, that would rule.

GS_Punk
Jul 24, 2004, 10:51 PM
I personally think its all taste. You know, like using a SUPRESSED GUN over a RED HANDGUN. Its all about the style.

I'm offline only, and I have to say that I love my HUmar. It's all opinion, though.

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 12:52 AM
True, Forces are a pain in the ass at low levels when you first get the game, gota buy freaking monofluid all the time, ext. my highist force i got was 20....I got bored....I find rangers and hunters to be the funnest class's. And your rights its all style some people ((like me)) make chars that are apealing to the eye as well as good in play. i still think they should have said guns for the nuubs. buts its all style!

BLAHOrblah
Jul 25, 2004, 02:43 PM
My chars went in this order.

HuNewearl (I was still a n00b)
FoMar (Competent at the game, but not an expert)
HuCast (Now I'm an expert and I rule all with ass kicking-ness superiority)

Anyways, yes, the HuNewearl and the HuMar are the best for n00bs. But, I alwaysh ad friends so I was outclassed for a long time, they were Rangers and would kill shit fast. So I was forced to get a gun and start blasting away, BTW my ATA sucked so I wouldn't hit much. But after a while, and after an awesome mag and maxed out magic I soon became the go to guy for everything. And now, with my HuNewearl, I am the foundation of our group. I can keep an entire party alive if needed. Yeah, it's fun.

With my FoMar I was still learning, but, when I made him, I was the only force user at the time. And he leveled up fast. With a wealthy benefactor I got spells and Mags quick. And he soon became a Force (haha pun) to be reckoned with. And he still is really useful in Ultimate mode. His maxed out Support Techs rule all.

And my HuCast is harder than hell to play with, especially with no Force support. He dies quickly and often. It is a pain in the ass. He can kill shit quickly, but when he gets hit, he loses all momentum. It sucks.

So, IMO, a HuNewearl is the best class for any situation. You can deal plenty of damage and also heal and support yourself. You are completely independent.

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 05:00 PM
HUmar's i like because they can learn all the techs except megid and grantis ((what do those do id ont know)) but hes complety idependent as well, he whoops as witha crush bullet

KaFKa
Jul 25, 2004, 05:01 PM
On 2004-07-25 15:00, slavetoguilt wrote:
HUmar's i like because they can learn all the techs except megid and grantis ((what do those do id ont know)) but hes complety idependent as well, he whoops as witha crush bullet

too bad HUmars cant use crush bullets, isnt it?

EJ
Jul 25, 2004, 05:04 PM
Humars will always be refer to the best class for Noobs and also when I first started playin this game I have started as a Fomar so it depends on the person if they want to learn to play the game right or if they want to stay as noobs -.-

Also yay 560 post for me ^_^

darthsaber9x9
Jul 25, 2004, 05:09 PM
On 2004-07-25 15:00, slavetoguilt wrote:

fool..they cant use reverser. and as kafka said, he can't use a crush bullet.

Midnight
Jul 25, 2004, 05:11 PM
my first character was actually a FOnewm, and i got him up to level 50 before i got bored with him and made a RAcast...i dunno what happened to my force but i still have my ranger...id have to say rangers are pretty good for beginners *shrugs* but ive never been a hunter so i dunno...

digigram
Jul 25, 2004, 05:20 PM
I think he's talking about of his ass and in a hasty way... i'm sure he just meant to put RAmar and put hu accidentally.. and i'm sure he's at a level where he doesn't even realize he can't use reverser.

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 06:01 PM
Fool? How about...I just don't know the game up in down...nerd....The average gunnner,..RAmar? I think?

KaFKa
Jul 25, 2004, 06:22 PM
theres a difference between knowing the game by its coding and knowing that hunters cant use shotties or what techs they use.

its called general knowledge idiot. get some before you post again and do the forum a favor.

Mixfortune
Jul 25, 2004, 06:59 PM
Humars cannot use:
Grants
Megid
Reverser
Shifta
Deband
Anti 6-7.

All other techs cannot be used past level 15.

Ramars cannot use:
Grants
Megid
Reverser
Jellen
Zalure
Anti 6-7.

All other techs cannot be used past level 15.

------

On 2004-07-25 16:01, slavetoguilt wrote:
Fool? How about...I just don't know the game up in down...nerd....The average gunnner,..RAmar? I think?

You cannot help anyone with this sort of attitude, so either stop trying or shape up a bit. It's like insulting someone for helping someone by trying to say androids can use techs. Learn for your mistakes instead of insulting people for correcting you.

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 07:28 PM
No thats where your wrong moron.....I just don't spend 10 hours a day playing stuying the freaking games...its a game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif not life...I still think gunners should be the noob class

KaFKa
Jul 25, 2004, 08:01 PM
yeah, its a game. if this game was my life then i wouldnt be dealing with you right now and i would be playing a game i already quit because it got boring.

it took me about .001 seconds to realize hunters cant use shotties, and that certian techs are unlearnable for hunters. it doesent really take a genious.

seriously, if you plan on messing with the people on these boards, smarten up a bit.

shingo
Jul 25, 2004, 08:10 PM
well i think there not noob class because there as weaker than a hunter when they start out. Also i have playing since it came out and rangers can use more then just guns if you have a really good mag with lots of power like pushan you can use angry fist or like a monkey king bar and almost be strong enough not use rifles shots and also i have a crush bullet and there not that good

Solstis
Jul 25, 2004, 08:14 PM
On 2004-07-24 20:42, LoreSeeker wrote:

On 2004-07-24 17:51, Solstis wrote:

Fun though? Yessh.

I fail to see how forces would be useless in ult. Level 30 Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure can make all the difference for other players online. Nuking isn't quite as strong online, but it sure as hell gets the job done offline. Forces are the best characters in the beginning of ultimate, and remain very competent for the duration of it.

Support wise, yes. Soloing online in ulty?

It is possible... but would take a LONG time, especially with a nuke force.

shingo
Jul 25, 2004, 08:22 PM
my brother found out that the hard way because hes a force but he can use a hideblues cane

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 08:30 PM
dude, calm down...its a forum be happy...gay wad.....lol....any way, I never got a high force so i really dont know if they would suck in ult.

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 02:55 PM
On 2004-07-24 14:36, Jason wrote:
Well. n00bs needs experience of getting smacked up and that's as a hunter. And later on, a hunter can use basic guns.

After sword wielding and several shooting as a hunter, you'll know what to do to survive as a ranger.

As for forces, well... it is for advanced players. Eheh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Heh... I've found forces only hard to manage in the very early parts of the game 'cause I have the tendecy to run out of money for fluids... sometimes it's rather annoying. But yes for n00bs not only does meing a hunter teach them how to defend themselves when they get surrounded, but sometimes it's just downright funny to see a hunter get smacked up (I know this from personal experience)

RadiantLegend
Jul 26, 2004, 03:00 PM
Humars might be easy at first but wait till ultimate seabed.

^_^ fun fun times. get smacked... resta....get smacked .... resta

slavetoguilt
Jul 26, 2004, 05:38 PM
I like the sound it makes when a booma hits a level one hunter KA-POW! *hunter falls, and gets up, runs*

SS_Death
Jul 26, 2004, 06:38 PM
Ok, time to add my two cents...

I would say for a beginer go for a HUmar. Thet have the defence and attack power that means they can hold their own while you get used to the three hit combo. They have techniques so you can get used to using them and branch out later into a force.

A HUcast is good in the early levels if you want to get started but becomes more difficult at the higher ones. Without resta for healing you will quickly find that fighting bosses can be a pain. That said a decend level map and a good weapon means you can get by.

I f I may add I suggest making a mag with power as it's primary stat and relying on units for ATA. Dex is a halfed stat, better to have some Elf/Arm or the like and getter the higher ATP.

Tycho
Jul 27, 2004, 01:23 AM
Hey, if we'd recommend Humar to all newbies, they're easy to recognize.

But seriously, Fo's aren't all that advanced. The only hard thing is the fact you don't get enough buttons.

Anyway, like other people said, Humar has balanced stats, and at least he can cast resta.

One of the most important things though,is that the dodging and planning how to use combo's (heavy or normal, how many hits), will earn you important game experience. You'll need it in challenge mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tycho on 2004-07-26 23:24 ]</font>

slavetoguilt
Jul 27, 2004, 10:26 AM
True, Not enough buttons......FO's are good i tihkn you can advance thru pretty quick in teh difficulties with a force because they do alot of damage early on ((summing you give that char 200k from anouther high level and never run out of fluids))

Sitka
Jul 27, 2004, 02:17 PM
One point being missed on this thread is if the "noob" plans on playing mostly or entirely offline or if they have plans to experience the game online as well.

My first character on PSO was a Hucast and I leveled him up to 100 on the DC and then well beyond 100 when the version 2 was released. He did have problems with the boss and he did have some challenges handling ultimate, until he found his spread needle, then he was very good everywhere.

I later developed all the different characters and have taken one of each into ultimate and most types into ultimate several times.

The advantages of playing a Hucast include the use of traps with groups of enemies which I have found to be perhaps more useful than magic (a freeze trap never fails if used properly)in many cases, and the high ATP and ability to use powerful weapons early on.

If you are online, the Hucast usually is a welcome member of a team due to their ability to take down high HP enemies quickly (Barantz, Mericol, Delbiter), particularly with proper support from a force.

Most importantly, any "noob" wanting to learn c-mode and play with a decent team will have MUCH more luck getting accepted with a Hucast than with a Humar. So if you are online, make the Hucast to have fun with c-mode.

If only offline, than the Humar would have many more advantages than a Hucast as listed above.

Having played all the characters, I tend to prefer playing the android-types. That, of course, is just my playing style preference. I find traps and trap vision to be nearly as annoying as gees and shock monkeys.

But the c-mode logic is very important if a "noob" wants to play some and particularly if they are going to develop primarily one character.

stormie
Jul 27, 2004, 05:15 PM
funny enough, the best noob character is the most common noob character: humar.

they have the best growth in the beginning, tons of atp and the ability to resta. you're not that well off in ultimate, but you'll learn the game quickly and make good progress with a humar.

slavetoguilt
Jul 27, 2004, 06:07 PM
Here a snoob question. can t every none-andriod learn resta?! I mean....I thought they could. HUmars look funny to me, another reason i dont like em.

RicoRoyal
Jul 27, 2004, 07:10 PM
On 2004-07-27 16:07, slavetoguilt wrote:
Here a snoob question. can t every none-andriod learn resta?! I mean....I thought they could. HUmars look funny to me, another reason i dont like em.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Character&op=viewtopsection

Learn to use the guides and database. It will save you the trouble of asking questions such as that one. Just go to the Class Information part (a little ways down from top of page) and click on a class you wish to learn about. It list what techs (and up to what levels) a character can learn. Enjoy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

PyroticTigerX
Jul 28, 2004, 03:03 AM
HUmars tend to be alittle over balanced, higher levels are tough after the inital easiness of N-H modes, after you've hit ruins in hard mode with HUmar and you're used to playing but don't like the HUmar for w/e reason, you should change now and start over

that being said I liked staying as a HUmar (laff if you will) simply 'cause I can't stand not having techs really, androids never really did anything for me ('cept way back in the orignal series... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) I like my combo of might and magic, thx... thus why my MAG is gonna be a mind one as soon as I get just enough ATP to equip my Orotiagito without a mag or support units

HUnewearls aren't really newb friendly though, very low health and low hunter quality leveling, she's even better at the might 'n magic mix, but her lower ATA doesn't help a newb at all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

HUcasts are like the barbarians of the PSO, 'Og no like magic!' sorta deal goes on, sure you have stopping power, and that immunity to poison/paralyze is awsm, seeing mines is also classic... umm... so they tossed techs for other easy powers? ... what's the defintion of newb again here? XD
but seriously, while you can't sit and cast resta, HUcasts (like all andriods) have one trait on par with forces; you need your green (veggie) items to be big and strong

Rangers... I never liked them much, low long range power = door turtling, if you can pull that off then it's perfect for newbs, guns seem to be the most lienient on pulling the 3 hit combo anyway (though it only took me about 10 minutes to learn and master the 3 for whichever situation anyway... but yeah)

Forces? the easiest has to be the FOnewearl, sure if you get hit you're pretty much dead, but her single target nuking powers are unparalell, 3 shots of Foie on the ultimate version of booma offline and it's dead from a level 61 FOnewearl, that'll be the most you'll need of any simple tech going through offline

Jkid
Jul 28, 2004, 08:51 AM
In my opinion, any sub-class of the Hunter class would be great for beginners.

goku4ever
Jul 30, 2004, 02:54 AM
On 2004-07-24 20:42, LoreSeeker wrote:

I fail to see how forces would be useless in ult. Level 30 Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure can make all the difference for other players online.

And offline. When fighting Falz on hard i forgot to deband myself and his rabarta killed me. Though the next time he did it it didnt (i debanded this time!)

PyroticTigerX
Jul 31, 2004, 10:12 AM
didn't realize that DFP mattered against techs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif I never saw any difference anyway...

darthsaber9x9
Jul 31, 2004, 10:36 AM
On 2004-07-31 08:12, PyroticTigerX wrote:
didn't realize that DFP mattered against techs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif I never saw any difference anyway...

your right, and any way deband isnt needed against ANY of falz's attacks

PyroticTigerX
Jul 31, 2004, 01:09 PM
darthsaber9x9 wrote:

don't think that's right... he does have all of 3 attacks that aren't magic in nature (if you don't count the little spinning things)
1st & 2nd form (or 2nd and 3rd, depending if you consider all of the spinny things as his 'first form' ... I know I don't): the beam he shoots in the air, that's a normal attack

3rd form(or 4th; same reason as above) 1 : his sword, that's obvious

3rd form (4th) 2 : the beams he shoots when up in the air are considered normal attacks too, not magic

Zarode
Jul 31, 2004, 01:24 PM
On 2004-07-31 11:09, PyroticTigerX wrote:
don't think that's right... he does have all of 3 attacks that aren't magic in nature (if you don't count the little spinning things)
1st & 2nd form (or 2nd and 3rd, depending if you consider all of the spinny things as his 'first form' ... I know I don't): the beam he shoots in the air, that's a normal attack

Wrong, nor do I have a link to the guide (I'm lazy).

But I do know that the swords (Blade Drain or something corny like that) are DIRECT DAMAGE. That means, no matter how much Def you got, it will always, ALWAYS do the same amount, no matter what class you are. It is a matter of having more health then the attack itself.

Also, the heavens punisher attack (the beams in the air that fall and crush your weak HU/RA/FO in to tiny bits...) is more or less like a Grantz based attack.

Mixfortune
Jul 31, 2004, 01:28 PM
On 2004-07-31 11:09, PyroticTigerX wrote:

darthsaber9x9 wrote:

3rd form (4th) 2 : the beams he shoots when up in the air are considered normal attacks too, not magic

All of those attacks have a set damage, that cannot be resisted or lowered with an increased DFP. As for how goku4ever survived the Rabarta with more DFP, it could have either hit him in a different manner (one of the side ones instead of being in the middle of the series of Rabartas, or being frozen the first time)

HUmar is probably still a good beginner player choice, since using that character can give you a nice feel for how to use various strategies in the lower difficulties and get used to how to play in various situations. That's why Forces or Androids might not be as good of a choice for a beginner class, since in the lower difficulties, without tweaking, they cannot learn as many of the strategies involved in the game until much later, if at all.

PyroticTigerX
Jul 31, 2004, 02:20 PM
odd, 'cause when I had my HUnewearl, she fought dark flaz the first time with other stuffs equiped in her slots and she was taken down in one hit, then I loaded her with 3 Metal/Body's and she still had a few Hp left over after one of the heaven's punisher attacks...

meh, I don't know, I just call 'em how I see them

Zarode
Jul 31, 2004, 02:26 PM
maybe because you lvled up? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SS_Death
Jul 31, 2004, 07:05 PM
Well as rabarta is a techinque one would assume that incresing your elemental resistance would help.

I fought him in hard mode with my HUmar. Grants killed me outright. I ended up back on Pioneer and realised that I had 0 light resistance. I'm gonna go back and try again with some more...

Should work...I hope.

PyroticTigerX
Jul 31, 2004, 11:20 PM
On 2004-07-31 12:26, Zarode wrote:
maybe because you lvled up? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

nope, I came right back after I died the first time (telepipes by boss ports are awsm)
just picked up the Metal/Bodies before hitting the pipe dream