PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: US release imminent?

Cheeky
Jul 25, 2004, 11:48 AM
Faulty rumor or dream come true?

http://www.ragol.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2816

shingo
Jul 25, 2004, 11:55 AM
well you never know when some games are coming to the Us like pso+ they said was jp only but they changed there minds now.So it might not be coming to the us but it might not ethier

Corey
Jul 25, 2004, 11:57 AM
PSO+ was never stated to be JP only, it was just assumed to be...in fact Nintendo Power said it was coming to the US awhile ago

Sef
Jul 25, 2004, 12:10 PM
Well, if it does...I probably still won't get it. As much as it looks cool and is cool, I'm gonna stick with GC PSO. I've made a good amount of friends there, and I'm content with it.

Para
Jul 25, 2004, 12:46 PM
Heh a side bonus for me if it comes to america and not just that... people who are playing BB right now have a good headstart.

AquaFlare7
Jul 25, 2004, 12:53 PM
It will most likely be released in America, due to the fact that Sonic Team is currently working on a full game translation. The answer is yes and the only question remaining is how long. Until then it is just a waiting game.

Para
Jul 25, 2004, 01:02 PM
Bleh I wish sega would focus more on content...
Im still waiting for ultimate mode to appear!

aside that... im sure you can use your japanese account for the english version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-07-25 11:06 ]</font>

slickochet
Jul 25, 2004, 04:53 PM
what happened to 'itll never come to america' and 'itll never leave japan' ?

Zarode
Jul 25, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-07-25 11:02, Nites wrote:
Bleh I wish sega would focus more on content...
Im still waiting for ultimate mode to appear!

aside that... im sure you can use your japanese account for the english version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2004-07-25 11:06 ]</font>

Neh, good point, But I got a while to go before Ult is for me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Oh boy, now people can stop conplaining that the game is not in English so they won't play...also, people that say that their computer sucks can still play the game. Heck, I get lag sometimes, but that doesn't stop me. Just tweck down the graphics and such. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Geez...

RFB
Jul 25, 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-07-25 10:53, AquaFlare7 wrote:
It will most likely be released in America, due to the fact that Sonic Team is currently working on a full game translation. The answer is yes and the only question remaining is how long. Until then it is just a waiting game.

eyeyeyeyeyeyey.. why didnt you ever informed us about that?

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 25, 2004, 08:33 PM
The word from Armion...

At this time, PSO BB for US side is being reviewed. This rumor is just that a rumor. The next Phantasy Star Online title being released during this time frame is Phantasy Star Online: Episode I&II Plus on August 24 with the in store date of August 25. By checking the Sega US index, you can see which titles are coming and which are already released.

Mind you, this doesn't mean that Blue Burst will never be released for US players, it may just be delayed. Keep your fingers crossed.

Cheeky
Jul 25, 2004, 09:10 PM
who's Armion?

Midnight
Jul 25, 2004, 09:13 PM
well since i cant download it X_X, ill just wait and buy it when its released...lookin forward to it...

Para
Jul 25, 2004, 09:32 PM
I think its not really coming to US but like the old pso pc there will be an english setting for the hell of it.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 25, 2004, 10:00 PM
armion is a mod on the sega boards

KaFKa
Jul 25, 2004, 10:01 PM
On 2004-07-25 20:00, Jonathan_F wrote:

what the fuck?

where the hell did that come from...?

seriously though, wrong thread?

Para
Jul 25, 2004, 11:00 PM
On 2004-07-25 20:01, KaFKa wrote:

On 2004-07-25 20:00, Jonathan_F wrote:

what the fuck?

where the hell did that come from...?

seriously though, wrong thread?

kafka try reading through the thread for once

Eihwaz
Jul 26, 2004, 01:59 AM
This is good, same game, but I'll be able to read stuff, making it way the hell easier.

Even if it doesn't come out in America, I'm still gonna play it, mind you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Arislan
Jul 26, 2004, 02:14 AM
Well, it could very well be that Sega is working on the English translation for a possible Taiwan release, as they did with PSO PC. Do note that we never got PSO PC in the US either, and really, for a very good reason...

Sega doesn't handle their own games for PC in the US. Really, look at the Sega PC releases. They have NEVER been handled by Sega themselves, and Sega has never given any support for any of them past a FAQ, generally included with the game.

In order to bring Blue Burst to the US, or outside a kanji country really, Sega, and more importantly, ST will have to ramp up their English support staff to handle the influx of customer service and support that will be required. Given how abysmal ST's support is at current for the International market and how niche market BB actually is, the chances of Sega investing the money it would take to localize it and give support to the other countries of the world really isn't worth it.

Wishful thinking, and I'm kind of hoping for a US release (While at the same time hoping it will remain the harder-core players little secret) I'm not placing any unwarranted hope in a US release.

Stan64
Jul 26, 2004, 06:27 AM
Why do everone take things for granted?

The Ragol post have no source.
The statement "Sonic Team is currently working on a full game translation." have no source.

Arislan
Jul 26, 2004, 06:22 PM
Well, they have worked on the files in the game itself. On Open Beta launch, the English files were an exact copy of the XBox files. IE, no team menu translation. At this point, a few of the menu's in the files themselves have been changed, and actually have completed parts. It's not much, but it's a start.

Eihwaz
Jul 27, 2004, 07:25 PM
Perhaps they might release an English patch if enough English-speaking people sign up? You know, kinda as a "Thanks for going to the trouble for this, and paying for it."

Meh, wishful thinking. >_>;