PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Scary Movie?

g0th_gUrL
Jun 13, 2002, 12:35 PM
I'm craving some horror in my life, anyone know of any real good scary movies. It doesn't matter if they're old or recent.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 13, 2002, 01:24 PM
watch that one flick by Carrot Top, anything by that freak is scary. j/k, umm a really good shock huh? Hmmm, check out...have you seen the others?! Oooh ooh, there's going to be The Exorcist Sequal!!! So look for that when it comes out. Hey Gothie, I saw ur pic, ur a hottie. I like ur style!!

watashiwa
Jun 13, 2002, 01:25 PM
Go watch The Little Mermaid. Swear to God, I nearly wet myself when watching it the first time. >.>

Ursula is SO frightening!

Last_Saiyan
Jun 13, 2002, 01:29 PM
Ursala isn't as scary as that huge Penis in the background when Ariel and the prince guy was walking.

00JOE
Jun 13, 2002, 09:44 PM
Exorcist is scary if you believe in Heaven and Hell and stuff. Man I saw one part and that's the only part I'll ever see. o_O

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 09:46 PM
Gremlins always scared me shitless. Imagine a 6 year old watching that in the dark, in a house he wasn't familiar with. I was literally pushing myself into the back of their sofa to try and hide! And my god, when the lights went out and it was time for bed..oooo, what the mind does to you :

But now, I can watch it and laugh, I expecially liked the second one.

g0th_gUrL
Jun 13, 2002, 09:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif what a bunch of pushovers! lol, little mermaid.. gremlins?

My family took me to every single Friday the 13th, Childsplay, Jason, and Exorcist. None of them really scared me all that much.. but i'm really into dark humored type of horror... like silence of the lambs/hannibal.

Any suggestions?

Balthor
Jun 13, 2002, 09:51 PM
watch the movie "IT" with that freakin clown....ugh I was traumatized by that movie,i never wanna be around another clown as long as i live or eat cotton candy ever again x.x

Kent
Jun 13, 2002, 10:31 PM
Scariest scary movie to me was...

...Wait, movies aren't scary, so: N/A

g0th_gUrL
Jun 13, 2002, 10:34 PM
On 2002-06-13 19:51, Mexican_Tediz_MK2 wrote:
watch the movie "IT" with that freakin clown....ugh I was traumatized by that movie,i never wanna be around another clown as long as i live or eat cotton candy ever again x.x

Hehe, pennywise the clown? I actually watched it a few days ago while I was painting. - NOT SCARY - At first it was really interesting but then I just thought it sucked once he turned into a huge spider thingie.

Alielle
Jun 13, 2002, 10:37 PM
The Shining is very, very creepy. I have trouble watching it alone.

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 10:38 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:31, Kent wrote:
Scariest scary movie to me was...

...Wait, movies aren't scary, so: N/A

pfft, stop trying to be a hard ass. Unless you've lived a very sheltered life and never saw a horror or R rated movie at a young age, you can't tell me you weren't scared. When you're young, your imagination runs wild, and even the shadows harbor demons...

Falkon
Jun 13, 2002, 10:43 PM
I'm with Abdur, when I was a little kid (well, I'm still a kid, but when I was younger!) Gremlins scared the living daylights out of me. I haven't seen it since.

g0th_gUrL
Jun 13, 2002, 10:45 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:38, ABDUR101 wrote:
[quote]
pfft, stop trying to be a hard ass. Unless you've lived a very sheltered life and never saw a horror or R rated movie at a young age, you can't tell me you weren't scared. When you're young, your imagination runs wild, and even the shadows harbor demons...

Oh abdur, just admit you're jealous because *i* was never afraid of cute little green gremlins http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

'sides, the only things that really scared me when I was little were ghosts, and I dont remember watching any ghost horror movies. Back in the 80s scary movies tended to be more hack and slash.

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 10:49 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:37, Alielle wrote:
The Shining is very, very creepy. I have trouble watching it alone.

..that sounds so damn familiar, but I can't get a mental image with it. I know I've seen it on Sci-fi channel though :

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 10:53 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:45, g0th_gUrL wrote:
Oh abdur, just admit you're jealous because *i* was never afraid of cute little green gremlins http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hey, you can keep the green lil fuc*censored*'s, hehe, I sat down and watched Gremlins today actually, I was repeating history, this time I was the older sibling, with a 5 year old nephew and a 12 year old nephew now having nightmares of the green gremlins XD

'sides, the only things that really scared me when I was little were ghosts, and I dont remember watching any ghost horror movies. Back in the 80s scary movies tended to be more hack and slash.

pfft, I've never been afraid of ghosts, I'd take a ghost over a gremlin any day :

g0th_gUrL
Jun 13, 2002, 10:56 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:53, ABDUR101 wrote:
pfft, I've never been afraid of ghosts, I'd take a ghost over a gremlin any day :

have you ever actually SEEN a ghost though?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Alielle
Jun 13, 2002, 10:59 PM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/7/OP4.JPG

HERE'S JOHNNY!!!

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 11:00 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:56, g0th_gUrL wrote:
have you ever actually SEEN a ghost though?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

No, because they know better. Have you ever seen a gremlin? o_O

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2002, 11:04 PM
On 2002-06-13 20:59, Alielle wrote:
HERE'S JOHNNY!!!

..it still isn't coming to mind. -_-

I know I've seen it damnit..why can't I remember!?

..wait..let me drink more of this caffeine free pepsi...that's right, I'm Beavis, expecting results from the likes of non-alcoholic beer.

Who the hell would buy caffeine free soda for a night person!?

I'm going for a shower..be back in abit :

g0th_gUrL
Jun 13, 2002, 11:07 PM
On 2002-06-13 21:00, ABDUR101 wrote:
No, because they know better. Have you ever seen a gremlin? o_O

No, but I've seen a ghost. This past new years I went over to my friend's house with my friend Carmen. He was alone and we were trying to get him to come out with us and his girlfriend. So we sit down and start watching some TV while we wait for his decision. Next thing i know, i hear some little kid throwing a tantrum upstairs. You know how you can hear footsteps in two story houses?

Well it sounded like some little brat was stomping his head off. So i ask george (that's his name) who was up there, and he said no one. So i go ummm... kay...

Then he goes "its the ghost, david." And of course i'm like bull----, whatever. I had heard from his friends and from him stories about this ghost before but i never believed them. So then he dares me to go up and check if anyone is there, so i do. Nobody is up there. However, when I was coming back down the stairs - i SWEAR - i totally felt like that little bastard ghost was chasing me down the stairs AND you could hear his footsteps and it felt really REALLY cold behind me. I got so scared i ran down the stairs and out the door, and my friend carmen followed right behind me because she was scared also.

When I finally got the courage to come back in, the little ghost was back upstairs throwing his tantrums.

ah i got goosebumps just remembering!! true story http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Alielle
Jun 13, 2002, 11:14 PM
Larkin's seen a ghost or two... I don't have any good stories, though.

Abdur, a quick recap: Guy, wife, and kid go to secluded Overlook Hotel in the winter to maintain it while it's closed for winter... Hotel has a bad habit of making people go crazy... Kid is psychic and sees creepy ghost things... Guy gets cabin fever... etc.

Alielle
Jun 13, 2002, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, and this:

REDRUM! REDRUM!

pixelate
Jun 13, 2002, 11:23 PM
If you want something creepy, then see Mulholland Drive. Well, not really creepy, but it's odd. So, go see it!

ABDUR101
Jun 14, 2002, 12:41 AM
On 2002-06-13 21:23, pixelate wrote:
If you want something creepy, then see Mulholland Drive. Well, not really creepy, but it's odd. So, go see it!

Mulholland Drive...where do I get this at? o_O

Alielle, I see. Hmmm...you'll have to smack Larkin back here so he can post that stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

g0th_gUrL
Jun 14, 2002, 12:49 AM
On 2002-06-13 22:41, ABDUR101 wrote:

Mulholland Drive...where do I get this at? o_O

<wonders> Where's nerd? I miss that kid.

<looks around to see if the anti-hijacking-posts-sniper is around>

Anyhow, <slaps self back on topic>
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Yeah, Mulholland Drive. Sounds interesting. Has anyone ever seen Cherry Falls?? I thought that movie was interesting, not scary... just kinda funny in a weird way.

Kent
Jun 14, 2002, 02:07 AM
On 2002-06-13 20:38, ABDUR101 wrote:
pfft, stop trying to be a hard ass.

Abdur, stay away from my ass, dammit!

Unless you've lived a very sheltered life and never saw a horror or R rated movie at a young age, you can't tell me you weren't scared.

How young are you talking about?

When you're young, your imagination runs wild, and even the shadows harbor demons...

My imagination has been running wild for years on end as of now, and last time I imagined something in the darkness was after my hide was about 11 or so years ago.

And besides, I never really liked horror movies.

ABDUR101
Jun 14, 2002, 02:18 AM
On 2002-06-14 00:07, Kent wrote:
Abdur, stay away from my ass, dammit!

Never!!

How young are you talking about?

4-6 age range, some people it lasts longer, they get scared easier, my one brother in law still can't watch scary movies, he has nightmares so bad :

My imagination has been running wild for years on end as of now, and last time I imagined something in the darkness was after my hide was about 11 or so years ago.

..yeah, you'd fit the age criteria then..duh.

And besides, I never really liked horror movies.

...we know, you're afraid..it's ok..I'll hold you close and protect you!

Balthor
Jun 14, 2002, 02:35 AM
you guys are creepy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Nerd
Jun 14, 2002, 04:32 AM
On 2002-06-13 22:49, g0th_gUrL wrote:

<wonders> Where's nerd? I miss that kid.

oh lord, ur asking for it now! *gets stalking gear on*

I was afraid of Godzilla movies when i was younger, had to watch them from the hallway. I was also afraid of that first scene in ghostbusters....in the library..

btw im probably older than you...kid? i think not! all man BAY-BEE! *shows off full Nerd Package*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nerd on 2002-06-14 02:34 ]</font>

Nerd
Jun 14, 2002, 04:37 AM
Only really scary movie ive seen was a direct rip-off of Blair Witch, i dont remember the dam title but it was something like 'the lkasjlkasjlasd Experiment' and it took place in a house and had like 3 ppl with cameras and shit moved and they found dead babies it was really freaky, though a total knock-off....uh Blockbuster had it but i dont remember the dam title...argh!

Kent
Jun 14, 2002, 05:51 AM
On 2002-06-14 00:18, ABDUR101 wrote:
...we know, you're afraid..it's ok..I'll hold you close and protect you!

No, it's not that I was afraid. It's that the movies just sucked and weren't enjoyable (i.e. very dull), and a movie I can't enjoy isn't worth seeing.

g0th_gUrL
Jun 14, 2002, 11:40 AM
On 2002-06-14 02:37, Nerd wrote:
Only really scary movie ive seen was a direct rip-off of Blair Witch, i dont remember the dam title but it was something like 'the lkasjlkasjlasd Experiment"

hehehe... the lkasjlkasjlasd experiment? Of COURSE i've heard of it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Last_Saiyan
Jun 14, 2002, 01:24 PM
I got tons of ghost stories, they're just some lost souls and most of them don't mean any harm so leave them alone. I told Psylocke about a recent visit but pm me if you want to hear it.

Alielle
Jun 14, 2002, 03:28 PM
My parents took me to scary movies all the time when I was little. Due to this, I was deathly afraid of clowns and Chucky-sized dolls. I also had a lot of nightmares about The Shining. Isn't that great? I love my parents.

Sojo
Jun 14, 2002, 04:37 PM
Movies like the Shining seem to have better psychological effects than modern bollocks-horror films like Blair Witch Project.

I can't see how anyone would go to a cinema to see BWP; it was crap! When it came on the T.V I could barely sit through 2 mins before getting the irresistable urge to change to something more interesting.

It's just the worst episode of You've Been Framed ever! At least some old biddies falling on their arses and Pets doing mad things would have made it more enjoyable...

A good zombie film I seen was "Zombie Flesh Eaters" done by that famous Italian horron-man who I can't remember...
The original Friday the 13th's were good too, like eps 1-4. All modern horror films seem to be shite!

I mean, look at Scream; God-dammit it was awful! Scam more like!

Nerd
Jun 14, 2002, 04:54 PM
The St. Francisville Experiment
There we are...the title i was looking for..its a total rip off of BWP, but since i never saw that, it was all new to me.

Good times.

ragnar
Jun 14, 2002, 05:21 PM
my bro who is 11 finds the chucky movies funny.

and as for a scary movie watch scary movie and scary movie 2 there soooooooooooooooo scary. j/k

ABDUR101
Jun 14, 2002, 11:39 PM
On 2002-06-14 13:28, Alielle wrote:
My parents took me to scary movies all the time when I was little. Due to this, I was deathly afraid of clowns and Chucky-sized dolls. I also had a lot of nightmares about The Shining. Isn't that great? I love my parents.

Damn, I never went to movie theatres, I have 4 older siblings, and they always rented Chucky movies and so on. I honestly was scared shitless at the sight of a doll. I HATED staying at anyone's house who had a doll(such as a child's doll baby) in the house...just looking in their eyes freaked me out :

...thanks for bringing up bad memories Alielle!!