PDA

View Full Version : No, sorry, I don't work here...

DruidMettool
Jul 25, 2004, 02:55 PM
So I was at Target today... with Nausea and my mind into the subcon from waking up before noon. I dragged my feet around back to the Blue Jeans section.... away from my mother who was saying "Awww what a cute shirt, this will look great on him". I had made a big mistake today. Well TWO big mistakes: Waking up and wearing a red shirt to Target.

Someone comes up to me and asks If she had to pay for her clothes up front or in this department. With my hand on the wall, trying to support my half-asleep self, I answered "Would I know?". She replies "Oh you don't work here... Sorry".

Frustrated, I throw the jeans I picked out into my mom's cart and head over to wait in the video game section. I knew I wasn't gonna see much... just a shitload of Spongebob and Shrek video games and other assorted Xbox games. I head to the back and kneel down to play the GBASP on display. It had Mario Golf Advance Tour... kinda a Golden Sun with Mario in it. 5 Minutes down the line, a little girl comes up to me and asks "can i pway dat?". You all know me... I hate kids. So I firmly answer "No.". Then, out of nowhere, this walrus of a woman (possibly her mother) came around the corner and said I was a bad employee. I told her I didn't work here. But then she replies that she assumed I did because of the Red Shirt.

After that, mom calls me from down the aisle and I subconciously stagger over to her carriage. We leave the store... and I was irritated and just wanted to go the fuck to bed.

Moral of the story: NEVER WEAR A RED SHIRT TO TARGET

Aredhel
Jul 25, 2004, 04:43 PM
A similar thing happened to me the other day: I was at K-Mart and I was wearing a black polo shirt with khaki cargo pants. Apparently, this is suposed to make me look like an employee, even though K-Mart employees wear white shirts with a blue apron... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Anyways, I was looking at the Listerene when some 65-ish year-old man approaches me and starts asking me questions about where to find the deoderant. The only thing was, the man was speaking in such a gibberish that I couldn't understand what he wanted or even that he thought I was an employee - took me a little while to catch-up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

About 5 minutes later, I'm walking by the blinds and some lady yells at me "Hey, you - could you help me over here?!" She must have thought I was an employee as well, because of her disrespectful regard for a perfect stranger (customers think they can treat workers like crap). I should have just kept walking, but I helped her get her 10 foot-long blinds out of the shelf - I guess I'm just a good citizen that way... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

K-mart should pay me to walk around dressed like an employee from somewhere

So why were you so angry with everyone who approached you, Druid? Maybe you need a nap http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DruidMettool
Jul 25, 2004, 04:56 PM
I'm a miserable person, that's all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif And I was forced out of bed to go to the store...

Solstis
Jul 25, 2004, 05:41 PM
I get mistaken for an employee sometimes too.

The usual result is an "oh" from the person.

(actually, I think that I have done this myself)

Sef
Jul 25, 2004, 09:17 PM
You know, if it were a good day...You could do that just for fun. And tell people the wrong stuff.

It'd be all good if you could get away.

Zzzzzz
Jul 25, 2004, 09:23 PM
On 2004-07-25 12:55, DruidMettool wrote:

You learn that if you watch enough of the old Star Trek episodes.

Aredhel
Jul 26, 2004, 08:23 AM
^ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DarthFomar
Jul 28, 2004, 08:00 PM
So I was at Target today... with Nausea and my mind into the subcon from waking up before noon. I dragged my feet around back to the Blue Jeans section.... away from my mother who was saying "Awww what a cute shirt, this will look great on him". I had made a big mistake today. Well TWO big mistakes: Waking up and wearing a red shirt to Target.

Someone comes up to me and asks If she had to pay for her clothes up front or in this department. With my hand on the wall, trying to support my half-asleep self, I answered "Would I know?". She replies "Oh you don't work here... Sorry".

Frustrated, I throw the jeans I picked out into my mom's cart and head over to wait in the video game section. I knew I wasn't gonna see much... just a shitload of Spongebob and Shrek video games and other assorted Xbox games. I head to the back and kneel down to play the GBASP on display. It had Mario Golf Advance Tour... kinda a Golden Sun with Mario in it. 5 Minutes down the line, a little girl comes up to me and asks "can i pway dat?". You all know me... I hate kids. So I firmly answer "No.". Then, out of nowhere, this walrus of a woman (possibly her mother) came around the corner and said I was a bad employee. I told her I didn't work here. But then she replies that she assumed I did because of the Red Shirt.

After that, mom calls me from down the aisle and I subconciously stagger over to her carriage. We leave the store... and I was irritated and just wanted to go the fuck to bed.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

It really kills me when people come up and ask "Do you work here?". I mean, I'm wearing a vest with the company name on it, it should be obvious. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

People just have this whole lack of communication thing going on 24-7, but it's natural so, no biggy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 29, 2004, 02:26 AM
Haha!
This is one of the funnier things I've seen in a while.
I'm at Target to shop all the time. I want to attempt this.
Must go over the top too and make a name tag.

I have mistaken someone in a clothing store for a worker and asked him a question; he must have been really bored to be wandering around, or just was some kind of undercover security for the store.

You could have been very blunt with your statements as well to the more rude people- something to the tune of "Do you see a name tag on my shirt? Do you?"

Or go the nice-citizen way as well; or as best to your abilities in a half-asleep stupor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit:
One person at a Target did treat me like crap as well too, and he was a worker!
I asked a simple question about a "Texas Instruments Graph Link USB to PC cable", this was the electronics department afterall. He directs me back to where I had already looked to show me what I already saw and turned my words against me, "So we had them before?!", The hell should I know guy, you work here, you tell me!!

Its hard to be polite to some people. They're just asking for it. Also, why do we always think of the best comeback or best way to deal with a situation well after the fact? like days later?, or am I the only one who does this? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2004-07-29 00:33 ]</font>

Armok
Jul 29, 2004, 12:01 PM
I hate when ppl come up and ask you stuff while your walking off the shop floor going for you break. Fuck the company policy of always putting the customer first I want my fucking break its not like they let me take an extra 5 minutes for the ones I lost taking the old lady to the tomatoes.

Fuck off you old bitch I wanna go get a chocolate bar and fucking forget I'm in this shit hole.

I like to think I cost M&S a few customers while working there. I got 1/4 for perforance and had 4 ppl complain formally about my attitude.

anwserman
Jul 29, 2004, 12:11 PM
On 2004-07-29 10:01, Armok wrote:
I hate when ppl come up and ask you stuff while your walking off the shop floor going for you break. Fuck the company policy of always putting the customer first I want my fucking break its not like they let me take an extra 5 minutes for the ones I lost taking the old lady to the tomatoes.

Fuck off you old bitch I wanna go get a chocolate bar and fucking forget I'm in this shit hole.

I like to think I cost M&S a few customers while working there. I got 1/4 for perforance and had 4 ppl complain formally about my attitude.

Ditto here.
We go on breaks at the DQ, and it sucks when you're making stuff for your break when... five or six vehicles pull up at once. Three at drive-through and three at the window.

All clamoring for food.

You sit there and look at your food and essentially say "Fuck!" because... well, we're an ice cream place and that shit melts. And your burger gets cold and nasty then.

EDIT: Doesn't it peeve you off more when you're interrupted on your break to help someone when... gasp... three coworkers are sitting there doing jack shit and they should be the ones interrupted?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-07-29 10:11 ]</font>

Armok
Jul 29, 2004, 12:19 PM
On 2004-07-29 10:11, anwserman wrote:
Ditto here.
We go on breaks at the DQ, and it sucks when you're making stuff for your break when... five or six vehicles pull up at once. Three at drive-through and three at the window.

All clamoring for food.

You sit there and look at your food and essentially say "Fuck!" because... well, we're an ice cream place and that shit melts. And your burger gets cold and nasty then.

EDIT: Doesn't it peeve you off more when you're interrupted on your break to help someone when... gasp... three coworkers are sitting there doing jack shit and they should be the ones interrupted?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-07-29 10:11 ]</font>

I hate this more than anything. Co workers who do fuck all just because they know a supervisor and are mates with him or summit. They thik it gives them the right to do fuck all and boss everyone else about. I hated everyone of those twats and there was so many. It gave me such statifaction to know I earned more than them as I was 18 at the time and they where just 17.

Scejntjynahl
Jul 29, 2004, 12:27 PM

Next time tell them that they just won a shopping spree, bring a cart and tell them to go crazy. Then walk to parking lot and see said person try and leave store with shopping cart full of stuff.

Armok
Jul 29, 2004, 12:31 PM
Scejntjynahl I am truelly terrified of ever going near america just because I may accidentally run into you and you'll do something truelly evil and ruin my life.

digigram
Jul 29, 2004, 03:07 PM
not to burst your bubble. but.

You all know me... I hate kids.

After that, mom calls me from down the aisle and I subconciously stagger over to her carriage.

you are a kid still.. You do realize this don't you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-29 13:07 ]</font>