PDA

View Full Version : Fahrenhiet 9/11

Ness
Jul 25, 2004, 05:05 PM
Yes, I know this movie has been out awhile, but I just saw it so fuck you.

Anyway.....

It opened my eyes quite a bit. I had been against the war and agaisnt Bush for my own reasons. That movie confimred what i already knew as well as gave me some other reasons to dislike him. Now I know that the movie is proably biased, but some of the things in that movie were undeniable.

doubletake123
Jul 25, 2004, 05:09 PM
well as i recall in the beggining the made him look like some dummy but then later in the movie he was supposedly this mastermind???sounds like a lot of liberial S***.

BOC
Jul 25, 2004, 05:43 PM
it finally came out over here last week and i saw it. gotta say i found it very informative and made me more confused as to how bush and his cronies can get away with it all.

i don't think it posed bush as the mastemind, but more of a puppet of all the evil money men who keep him in funds.

one thing i will say is that it was a total one sided view of the war. but lets be fair, those for the war generally take a one sided view themselves.

not as good as bowling for colombine.

PEACE!!!

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2004, 06:04 PM
Considering Moore is a proven liar and spins everything I wouldnt follow anything he says.

Wasnt there already a topic on this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2004-07-25 16:08 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 25, 2004, 06:08 PM
On 2004-07-25 16:04, Dangerous55 wrote:
Considering Moore is a proven liar and spins everything I wouldnt follow anything he says.

No, it's just that you have to put a "crap" filter on when watching one of his movies.

Like, for example, in Bowling for Columbine when he said that the colt was the first gun that would fire rapidly without reloading.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

First WORKING/accurate model, bud. Get your facts straight Moore!

rbf2000
Jul 25, 2004, 07:48 PM
The problem with Moore is that he is such an "extremist" that conservatives brush it off like he's crazy. Moore has some points, but he presents it in an "accept it or reject it" mannar. Republicans see it and reject it.

Every single republican I have talked to disregarded the movie as liberal hogwash. It's weird for me, because I see truth in it, so I don't really see how other people can completely ignore it. Granted, I take what Moore says with a grain of salt, but I still can't wait for Bush to be out of office.

Too bad my vote won't count. The day Virginia votes democratic is the day that my shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert.

tai_EX
Jul 25, 2004, 07:57 PM
and Mr. Moore looks like he's eaten his share of the cradle!:D but seriously.. anyone could dig up dirt on ANY president thats in the same seat as Mr GWB. and since 9/11 and the whole War in Iraq, Bush is taken quite a bit of shit. I personaly like the man, i mean who wouldnt like a president that looks like a monkey? well i sure do! or who doesnt like a president that can speak better spanish then english? I do!!

Mr. J.Kerry isnt exactly the one who is perfect to. he reminds me of a Shirt that needs to be ironed. REALLY REALLY BAD!!

Once again tho. I'm probably gonna take a bit o' shit for this but... I personally like bush! hes a gung-ho president who seems to be keeping america a safe and happy country!

KaFKa
Jul 25, 2004, 08:11 PM
all political and idealogical thoughts aside, i give mr. bush a certian amount of respect.

why?

because through his whole presidency, he hasnt changed himself one bit. he started with a direction, and he hasn't changed it at all. he stuck to his word through this whole era, and even though the guy is a total idiot, he deserves some bit of respect...

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2004, 08:33 PM
On 2004-07-25 18:11, KaFKa wrote:

because through his whole presidency, he hasnt changed himself one bit. he started with a direction, and he hasn't changed it at all. he stuck to his word through this whole era, and even though the guy is a total idiot, he deserves some bit of respect...

I agree...except for the idiot part. Come on...

KaFKa
Jul 25, 2004, 08:38 PM
i think bush is an idiot, although i'd rather have him in than kerry, but thats just me...

tai_EX
Jul 25, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-07-25 18:38, KaFKa wrote:
i think bush is an idiot, although i'd rather have him in than kerry, but thats just me...

agreed.

Dangerous55
Jul 25, 2004, 09:17 PM
On 2004-07-25 18:38, KaFKa wrote:

Meh, I give up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tai_EX
Jul 26, 2004, 12:10 AM
I like Bush in all..but this was too good to resist!

http://img1.imagepimps.com/49065bushdropdog.jpg

rbf2000
Jul 26, 2004, 01:35 AM
Heh, I can tell your socioeconomic standing just by your political affiliation! White upper-middle class. Wait till you get to college, your political affiliation will not be as influenced by parents and will beging to be more influenced by actual events, and of course, other liberal college students.

I am a pretty big believer of the idea that it would be the same outcome regardless of which political party is in control of the white house. I don't blame the recession on Bush, and I certainly don't give him credit for the rebound of jobs that is occuring. But I think the war was completely unnecessary. I think the tax cuts are unnecassary.

If you really want trickle down economics, give teenagers, college aged kids money back, they'll spend it faster than any rich person will! I think those tax cuts were irresponsable. Our country needed more money than ever, to fund the war, take care of domestic problems, but instead of being fiscally responsable, they cut taxes. And if a democrat is elected, that democrat will have to raise taxes to make up for what Bush threw away. And republicans will look like the ones that want small government (even though they want small government, they still want to decide every part of our lives, like gay marriage, for instance) and democrats will look like tax heavy big government spenders.

I just think we would be better off if those 1000 or so soldiers that died had never gone to war in the first place. I'm a strong believer that a country can take care of itself. If the leader of a country is so horrendous, the people of that country will eventually overthrow him. There's no way he can take on everybody, even if he has the army with him. By taking out Saddam, the US has managed to displace the hate the people had towards him, and place it squarely on our shoulders. All the sudeen, in their eyes, we are running their lives. They might not have liked Saddam, but at least he was their leader. And we came in and changed that, for no good reason, really. Obviously, things in the country were not that bad, or else the people would have revolted already. If things were that bad, after the "government" there collapsed, there would have been no more fighting.

And don't even get me started on the democracy that we try to spread everywhere we go. It reminds me too much Russia and the spreading of communism. What makes our government so great? It doesn't even work in most countries, ours is an exception, add to that, we're not even a democracy, and you've got a pretty messed up situation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2004-07-25 23:40 ]</font>

rbf2000
Jul 26, 2004, 01:47 AM
Also, an interesting side note:

Moore said that he wants people to download his movie from p2p networks. Apperantly he's made all the money he needs to from it, and now he would rather everybody see it than him making a few more bucks.

I downloaded a dvd iso from bit torrent (http://www.sundayherald.com/43167)

Squal
Jul 26, 2004, 03:33 AM
I hate polotics, propaganda and the whole republican vs. democrat thing. Polotics make grown men act like seven year olds, They turn red in the face, throw tantrums and make up bullshit to help thier "Just cause" Farenheight 9/11 is one such bullshit. As cleashey as it may sound, I'm just tired of all this conflict and hate. So if anyone asks me who I want to be in office I'll just sigh a huge sigh and say "go away."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Squal on 2004-07-26 15:14 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 26, 2004, 03:46 AM
Alot of people bash him for being misleading, but he's just like a liberal version of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. Sure his stuff is biased, but there are also alot of facts in it too.

P.S. Welcome back, RBF.

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 04:15 AM
On 2004-07-25 15:05, Ness wrote:

Anyway.....

It opened my eyes quite a bit. I had been against the war and agaisnt Bush for my own reasons. That movie confimred what i already knew as well as gave me some other reasons to dislike him. Now I know that the movie is proably biased, but some of the things in that movie were undeniable.

I too am "Anti-Bush" and this movie made quite a few good points about everything, but there is one thing that no one can ever change... Bush has the biggest speech impediment known to man. Everyone of his speech "mistakes" I have come to know as a 'Bush-ism'. Heres a great example "Is our children learning?"

Well what are you trying to state here Mr. President? That you and me are married? Sheesh.

Anubis_
Jul 26, 2004, 06:43 AM
I watched it like 5 days ago.. It was me and 5 other guys in the tent....

One guy was pro bush,, all ther rest of us were like fuck him to start with...

Afterwards the pro bush guy didnt say mutch... and 3 of us just sat in the tent for a long while daydreming while the other two went to use the phones to call home..

I agree, the movie was a tad biast.. But like I said, I already dont like him..

It was really weird to watch it though,, maybe cause we were watching a movie about the war we are currently fighting...

Maybe cause Each one of us saw the woman talking about her son as how Our moms talk about us while we are here..

Maybe cause we bought the movie on bootleg from a local..

I dont know take your pick..lol..

Zebulan7
Jul 26, 2004, 10:11 AM
I have yet to see it, but I want to see it. I think Mr. Moore does a fine job sculpting his documentarys to make the exact point he wants. I enjoyed Bowling because it was so convincing, even though I disagreed with him. Thing is the things that are true in his features don't affect me cause I have a different opinion (thats hard to explain).

Its certainly not hard to figure out where I stand, so don't bother asking.

tai_EX
Jul 26, 2004, 11:46 AM
On 2004-07-26 01:33, Squal wrote:
I hate polotics, propaganda and the whole republican vs. democrat thing. Polotics make grown men act like seven year olds, The turn red in the face, throw tantrums and make up bullshit to help thier "Just cause" Farenheight 9/11 is one such bullshit. As cleashey as it may sound, I'm just tired of all this conflict and hate. So if anyone asks me who I want to be in office I'll just sigh a huge sigh and say "go away."

polotics? 4r3 y0U 4 c0M913r? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif sry that was too good to resist. But you do have a good point, and thats y the Independent party exsists! Even though the Independent candidate never wins, its one less vote for Kerry or Bush (whomever you dont want to win) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif sry again about making fun of yur spelling, it was just to good to resist!

Squal
Jul 26, 2004, 01:31 PM
yes my spelling is horible ever scince elementary, but its ok at least you werent a jerk about it. sorry for the bump.

BOC
Jul 26, 2004, 04:29 PM
why am i not surprized to see this desend into another bush-a-thon?

but its times like this im glad that i dont have to worry about american politics http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

relax people, try not let the antics of the idiots who run this planet get to ya.

PEACE!!!

Zebulan7
Jul 26, 2004, 09:57 PM
Yes, lets keep this off of just Bush and focus more on the actual documentry.

I must note on the Moore extremist thing though.

The problem with Moore is that he is such an "extremist" that conservatives brush it off like he's crazy. Moore has some points, but he presents it in an "accept it or reject it" mannar. Republicans see it and reject it.

Yes, his ideas are really odd, as well as his sense of humor. Just take a read into Stupid White Men with some of the ideas that he presents.

One such area is when he poses the idea of putting a "No Blacks Allowed" sign on the first class section of an airplane. This is just a side section about things to do for fun. I know some people this would offend, and I certainly don't think thats true. (he suggests other areas as well)

I also think Moore takes the extremist thing to heart and trys to be radical. Just listen to him in interviews (which I'm sure are changed anyways...), just the way he treats things, such as Disney not distributing his film (even though Disney's Miramax did). Oh well, maybe its just how I see it.

LollipopLolita
Jul 27, 2004, 03:56 AM
On 2004-07-26 04:43, Anubis_ wrote:
I agree, the movie was a tad biast.. But like I said, I already dont like him..

oh just a tad i see? sorta like when fox news openly admits that they're a right wing media mobile?

On 2004-07-26 19:57, Zebulan7 wrote:
I also think Moore takes the extremist thing to heart and trys to be radical.

but it makes money no? more media, more hype, more moolah.

the points/lies moore makes is astoundingly funny and yet can be asanine. if one could only think for a second, you'd realize what moore is about: publicity and shock value.

and as for people calling bush an idiot, hell that idiot didn't do so bad now did he, being the president and all, he must have done something right/evil...

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/#back

Zebulan7
Jul 27, 2004, 08:36 AM
but it makes money no? more media, more hype, more moolah.
I agree with you, he uses it to his advantage. It definitly helped his movie get big, which set a record.

Anubis_
Jul 28, 2004, 10:07 AM
Ok so maybe "tad", is an understatement loli...

But you have to admit the part when GB swung his golf club was a bit funny... even if you are pro Bush..(not directed twoard you..)

And I honestly believed that If the people that appeared before the senate really may not have had a ligitimate arguement, I believe if they did, a senator would have actualy came to their aid, I believe prejudice exist in this country, but not that mutch.. I believe the fact that they were all african american was just a coincidence...

Also the part were they tried to get congressmen to sighn their children for service was just ludacris..

Yeah, it was beefed up with alot of false hoods, and I'm really not trying to find out what happend in florida anyway..

A Pacifist film,, Yes,,, One sided Yess,,, But is being a pacifist so bad, I mean a country full of war-mongering leaders is the last thing anyone wants..

I believe we should have taken action, but, I also dont like war, mostly for religious reasons.. It never solves anything, but it is unavoidable..

Like I stated before... excuse me,, rocket attack.. i'll finish later

Zebulan7
Jul 28, 2004, 12:00 PM
I do think Moore's films are very funny, in a good way. What I mean is, the parts that are supposed to be funny, are (like the golf swing). I do think its very easy to make jokes with GWB, maybe thats why I like laughing at him... yeah.

Another example. In Bowling, when he was talking to the crazy man with a gun under his pillow, who didn't at first laugh?

Ness
Jul 28, 2004, 12:12 PM
I don't think Bush is an idiot; however, he was an incompetent president and he was not what I would call "the sharpest tool in the shed."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-07-28 11:52 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Jul 28, 2004, 01:27 PM
Yeaaaa......Politics to me is shit. You are all shit. That movie is probably just shit. I just took a shit.

Primeval
Jul 28, 2004, 02:03 PM
On 2004-07-25 15:05, Ness wrote:

Anyway.....

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/5504/bushSansA.jpg
(Note he's wearing a toupee)

http://img57.exs.cx/img57/417/1055173224_CRussellqu4E913.jpg
Don't ask why I posted this...

AUTO_
Jul 28, 2004, 05:49 PM
On 2004-07-28 10:12, Ness wrote:
he was an incompetent president

He still IS president.

And he might be for another term.

It'll give people something to bitch about, anyways.