PDA

View Full Version : Creatures of the Forest.

slavetoguilt
Jul 25, 2004, 08:40 PM
Okay, when you actually look at the animals in this game...why does the hildaBEAR look like a....Gorilla? Then what the hell is a "booma" exactly??? is it a bear monkey? COW?!? Strange Animals i think, and how many people call that hildabear a gorilla I DO!

-Lumiere-
Jul 25, 2004, 08:53 PM
I think the hildebear does look like a species of mutated bear
the boomas are just mole things

Cc08
Jul 25, 2004, 09:27 PM
Thats the point, they are supposed to look mutated. They wouldn't make it a game where you kill animals, b/c that wouldn't go with the plot. And no, I don't call them gorillas.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 26, 2004, 12:53 AM
It's a different planet. Use your brain.

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 03:26 AM
On 2004-07-25 19:27, Cc08 wrote:
Thats the point, they are supposed to look mutated. They wouldn't make it a game where you kill animals, b/c that wouldn't go with the plot. And no, I don't call them gorillas.

PSO Episode I and II + regular 'Earth Animals' = Lame Game
... Gorrila ... No that name doesn't ring a bell in my PSO vocabulary.

550Mad
Jul 26, 2004, 07:36 AM
Hey, easy! He's just saying the animals are weird. And the hildebear IMO does not look like a bear at all. And since these animals are on a different planet, why would they use an earth name(bear) to describe something that looks nothing like it?

Maybe this topic wasnt that important to actually post in the first place, but hey, no need to jump on him.

slavetoguilt
Jul 26, 2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah, PEople are bitter and vicous in this world, if you ask a funny question theey take you serious O.O.....but yeah diffrent planent....Mole people..*shudder*

anwserman
Jul 26, 2004, 10:56 AM
Um, its called you accept the animals of Ragol the way they are and don't question them...?

tai_EX
Jul 26, 2004, 12:03 PM
theyre all just "free points" to me! whenever i play with my friends, theyre all like lvl 25-60 sooo i get to play on lower difficulty settings, and when things are looking grim for them, i wip out my Demi Comet and go cut some creatures!

slavetoguilt
Jul 26, 2004, 12:11 PM
I WILL NOT ACCEPT THE MOLE PEOPLE!!!!!>:(

Solstis
Jul 26, 2004, 12:13 PM
It's more like ST is continuing (I suddenly find myself unable to spell that word) a long tradition of basing their monsters off of real world creatures.

Out of tribute or laziness? Who knows?

slavetoguilt
Jul 26, 2004, 12:20 PM
Look at some other animals in the game, dragons, Claws.....Evil shark...I think they base some creatures is PSO on fantasy games suck as the dragon..and the mole people and gaint turtles....I dont know HOW they got that messed up, what mutigen was that??!

GrandWarlock
Jul 26, 2004, 12:31 PM
Well, when my friend came over my house like amonth ago i had to refer to the boomas as red bear, goboomas as yellow bear, and gigobooma as big bear, and the hildebears were monkeys. i called them that just plauinly ecause they look like that to me. And they looked like that to him and all the other friends i've showed pso to for the first time.

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-07-26 08:56, anwserman wrote:
Um, its called you accept the animals of Ragol the way they are and don't question them...?

Makes perfect sense.

slavetoguilt
Jul 26, 2004, 05:40 PM
Some people are simple and don't question things and except it, i don't. mole people *shudder*

NeoLon
Jul 28, 2004, 04:59 PM
my friend calls hildbears gurillas, rappies chickens, wolves kitties, and mags birdies go figure...

RadiantLegend
Jul 28, 2004, 05:05 PM
Monkeys, mosquitos, kfcs, dogs??

Pff .... giant human monkey things, giant bees, and huge walking plant is where its at.

Graptakular83
Jul 30, 2004, 02:36 AM
Heh, me and my bros also have odd names for PSO critters, not all of em though, mainly for simplicity

Hildebear: Monkey
Delsaber: Ninjas
Evil Shark, Dimenian: Jerks
Claws: Fishies
Wolves: Doggies
Belras: Gingerbread men
Chaos Sorceror: Magician
Gunners: Spiders
Anything in the mines: robot, flying robot.

I dont even know the proper names for most of the enemies anyways. Excepy Gibbles, damn gibbles.

And yes im aware Gingerbread men is alot longer to say than Belra

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Graptakular83 on 2004-07-30 00:37 ]</font>

PyroticTigerX
Jul 31, 2004, 11:23 PM
or maybe they're basing them off of their old PS series ~_~

but seriously, I just call 'em 'big monkeys', I don't like getting technical to what's about to be cut down in a few seconds XD

witicer_754
Aug 1, 2004, 12:10 AM
On 2004-07-31 21:23, PyroticTigerX wrote:
or maybe they're basing them off of their old PS series ~_~

I agree with that in PS EP3 there is this little bird/chicken thing.when I first saw it it remended me of a rappy.Also all through the games there is "masquestoes".The end boss in the first game was Dark Faltz, but then his name changed,I cant quite remember what.There is also Horsemen,cough cough chaos bringer.

But about the whole Hildebear being a Gorilla. . .think its a different planet and they dont probably dont use the words we use for the same things.

Eihwaz
Aug 1, 2004, 10:15 AM
On 2004-07-26 15:40, slavetoguilt wrote:
Some people are simple and don't question things and except it, i don't. mole people *shudder*

Questioning enemies in video games doesn't make you a brilliant intellect. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Go question our reality or Russian literature or something. o_O