PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy Theories crack me up

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 03:57 AM
So, a while ago, I was in the car with my half-brother and his dad. His dad decides it'd be the perfect opportunity to tell me about this conspiracy that he discovered. I'll never forget how he started it off...
"We're all going to be enslaved by our government within the next five years."
"Oh really? Why is that?"
"Take a look at the back of this dollar bill. Look at the seals on it. The right one was the original seal of our country. However, now we're all being conformed to the one on the left."
http://irev.net/ego_trip/dollar.jpg
The key to our enslavement.

"Errr... okay... tell me more about this seal."
"Well, the right side was made when the nation was formed, but that's not important. The one on the left was made when FDR went into office. Someone on his staff thought adding another side to the seal would be a brilliant idea. First, let's take a look at the Latin on the seal. What do the words at the bottom of the seal say?"
"Novus ordo seclorum."
"That means 'New world order'. Why would they put something like that on the back of the dollar bill? They had begun planning something way back then that could won't be taking effect until now. Now, what do the words at the top say?"
"Annuit Coeptis"
"That means "A new type of leader." This most obviously means that a new leader will come down upon our nation to enforce the new world order, which is going to be our enslavement."
"Well, FDR was the man that everyone expected to bring the US out of the depression. By "new world order", couldn't they have meant that his new leadership techniques would bring about a better future? And by "A new type of leader", they were obviously referring to FDR once more. Don't you think that your theory is a bit farfetch'd?"
*long pause and a look of confusion on the man's face*
"I don't think my theory is fartfetch'd at all, because I haven't told you the most incriminating part."
"Oh? What's that?"
"What does it say above the large printed 'ONE' in the center?"
"In God we trust."
"In the Bible, one of the prophets asked Jesus who God was on Earth, and Jesus replied, "It is Satan, for he has taken control of you all." At least, I think that's what it said. Nevertheless, it makes you think. Which God is the dollar bill referring to? The God in heaven, or Satan? It's most obviously Satan."
"You're stretching that a bit much, aren't you?"
"Not at all."
"You're crazy; you do know that, right?"
"We'll see who thinks who is crazy once we're all being forced into slavery by our government."
After that I just sort of tuned him out. He said something about all barcodes having 666 written into them, and how one day we'll all have our IP addresses tattoed into our hands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I'll go into detail about the IP thing. In order to do so, keep in mind that in America and some other places, all barcodes have 12 digits, and he feels confident that every bar code has 666 in it.
"According to the Bible, when the revelation comes, we'll all bear the mark of the beast (666) and will be given an identification number. Since all bar codes bear the mark of the beast and have a number assigned to them, this is obviously how it'll be done."
"How will our numbers be chosen?"
That's a good question. A while ago, I become very fascinated with the internet and the way it worked. Soon, I found out about IP addresses and I thought to myself, 'Could an IP address fit into a bar code?' I was soon proven wrong when I found out that IP addresses were 16 digits long and wouldn't fit into the 12 digit limit. However, after some intensive research, I discovered that when communicating with a person directly, their IP address is only 12 digits. We may see less, but there are actually zeroes at the ends of the sets of numbers that are ommitted."
"That isn't very practical to use at all. What about people that use dial-up? Their IP addresses constantly change. And what about those with broadband and dynamic IP addresses? Theirs are always changing, too. You can't just have a number constantly tattoed on yourself."
"In a few years, no one will have dial-up, so everyone will be able to stay constantly connected to the internet. Also, dynamic IP's are just used to keep hackers at bay. Once all of the hackers are eliminated, by force if necessary, we will all have static IP's."
"That still doesn't seem practical. I mean, we already all have individual numbers that were assigned to us at birth that can never be changed, and those are our social security numbers. Those are only 9 digits long, so the rest of the space could be filled in with zeroes on the bar codes, like would be done with IP's, in your scenario."
*long pause and a dramatically confused and pissed off look from the guy*
"That doesn't make sense at all. It would have to be IP addresses. Social security numbers just wouldn't make sense."
"Well, first of all, if and when the revelation does come, who the hell is going to be on the internet? If I see some of that shit happening, I'm hauling ass. I'm not sticking around on the damn internet."
*another long pause and an even more pissed off face, borderlining the expression given when pissed about the burning diarhea flowing out of your ass*
"Leave the reasoning to those of us with dedication."
"Umm, okay... By the way, how does this conspiracy tie in with the other conspiracy?"
"Simple - The Government is trying to push us head first into the revelation."

Then he took us all to Wendy's

Daikarin
Jul 26, 2004, 04:05 AM
On 2004-07-26 01:57, Primeval wrote:

Then he took us all to Wendy's

ALLRIGHT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Your papa has it all wrong. The symbol on the left is an aliens' tredmark. THEY will enslave us in 5 years http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

There's this show in my country which is "The conspiracy man". Our country is a safer place thanks to him.

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 04:07 AM
U?

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 04:09 AM
On 2004-07-26 02:07, Primeval wrote:
U?

whoops

what i meant to say was that his idea makes more sense than my stepdad's http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jul 26, 2004, 08:18 AM
Heh. Sounds like someone has been reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons" and taking it too literally.

Solstis
Jul 26, 2004, 10:23 AM
As far as I recall, the symbol on the left refers to the Masons, of which George Washington and Ben Franklin were members.

I forgot the significance... but... yeah.

rbf2000
Jul 26, 2004, 10:59 AM
I just saw a trailer for a movie where the back of the dollar was a map to some hidden treasure.

tai_EX
Jul 26, 2004, 11:52 AM
dont ever listen to that man if you have to defuse a bomb. or if you've got to finish a term paper on the history of the dollar bill..

I think someone needs to come out of the Comic Books? <looks at Primeval's step-dad>

Aurra
Jul 26, 2004, 12:58 PM
I dunno, guys, it doesn't seem that farfetched to me. If I were the head of an evil government with Satan for its official leader, the first thing I would do is draw out my master plan in obscure symbols and widely unspoken languages on the back of something all my citizens touch every day so that it could be one day be figured out and stopped in an overly dramatic way by a lonely nutjob with too much time on his hands. Wouldn't you guys?

trypticon
Jul 26, 2004, 01:02 PM
So, a while ago, I was in the car with my half-brother and his dad. His dad decides it'd be the perfect opportunity to tell me about this conspiracy that he discovered. I'll never forget how he started it off...
"Take a look at the back of this dollar bill. Look at the seals on it. The right one was the original seal of our country. However, now we're all being conformed to the one on the left."

"Well, the right side was made when the nation was formed, but that's not important. The one on the left was made when FDR went into office. Someone on his staff thought adding another side to the seal would be a brilliant idea. First, let's take a look at the Latin on the seal. What do the words at the bottom of the seal say?"
"Novus ordo seclorum."
"That means 'New world order'. Why would they put something like that on the back of the dollar bill? They had begun planning something way back then that could won't be taking effect until now. Now, what do the words at the top say?"
"Annuit Coeptis"
"That means "A new type of leader." This most obviously means that a new leader will come down upon our nation to enforce the new world order, which is going to be our enslavement."
"Well, FDR was the man that everyone expected to bring the US out of the depression. By "new world order", couldn't they have meant that his new leadership techniques would bring about a better future? And by "A new type of leader", they were obviously referring to FDR once more. Don't you think that your theory is a bit farfetch'd?"

I'm sorry, your half father didn't get the translations quite right, or the meaning behind their appearance on the bill. The pyramid on the back of your dollar is actually the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States, which he was right about, with the eagle being on the front. The pyramid isn't some wacked out warning of a conspiracy though, but is there to represent strength and permanence and was purposely left unfinished to signify the future growth of the country, and its pursuit of perfection. If you look at the bottom of the pyramid, you will see 1776 printed in Roman numerals, which is an obvious date for the US. The eye surrounded by the sunburst represents the Diety, which I imagine would represent whatever particular god a citizen decides to worship, even if that god happens to be themselves through some manner of madness. The latin translations of Annuit Coeptis and Novus Ordo Seclroum are "He has favored our undertakings", meaning the previously explained diety, and "A new order of the ages", representing the freedom of the citzens from the monarchy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-07-26 11:04 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 26, 2004, 01:24 PM
On 2004-07-26 11:02, trypticon wrote:

"Novus ordo seclorum."
"Annuit Coeptis"

I'm sorry, your half father didn't get the translations quite right, or the meaning behind their appearance on the bill. The pyramid on the back of your dollar is actually the reverse side of the Great Seal of the United States, which he was right about, with the eagle being on the front. The pyramid isn't some wacked out warning of a conspiracy though, but is there to represent strength and permanence and was purposely left unfinished to signify the future growth of the country, and its pursuit of perfection. If you look at the bottom of the pyramid, you will see 1776 printed in Roman numerals, which is an obvious date for the US. The eye surrounded by the sunburst represents the Diety, which I imagine would represent whatever particular god a citizen decides to worship, even if that god happens to be themselves through some manner of madness. The latin translations of Annuit Coeptis and Novus Ordo Seclroum are "He has favored our undertakings", meaning the previously explained diety, and "A new order of the ages", representing the freedom of the citzens from the monarchy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-07-26 11:04 ]</font>

True, but the pyramid IS a masonic symbol. Durn Masons!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 26, 2004, 01:40 PM

You realize that's a felony to scan paper currency, right?

anwserman
Jul 26, 2004, 01:45 PM
So, we're all breaking the law Meira when we put dollar bills into vending machines? I mean, the suckers scan the bills and everything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 26, 2004, 02:02 PM
On 2004-07-26 11:45, anwserman wrote:
So, we're all breaking the law Meira when we put dollar bills into vending machines? I mean, the suckers scan the bills and everything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Those don't scan bills in the same sense. They aren't looking for photographic qualities the way a scanner or photocopier does, they're looking for magnetic and luminescent qualities. The parts in those machines aren't capable of producing a copy of a dollar bill. It is, however, a Federally punishable offense, to so much as place a dollar bill in a device capable of reproducing the image on the bill.

RicoRoyal
Jul 26, 2004, 02:10 PM
This made me laugh...

National Treasure:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368891/

Not so much a conspiracy about the dollar bill as it is a pathetic attempt on Hollywood's side to make dollar bills. Watch trailer for long laughing session.

Me---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif <---Nicholas Cage

Primeval
Jul 26, 2004, 02:36 PM
On 2004-07-26 12:02, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2004-07-26 11:45, anwserman wrote:

Those don't scan bills in the same sense. They aren't looking for photographic qualities the way a scanner or photocopier does, they're looking for magnetic and luminescent qualities. The parts in those machines aren't capable of producing a copy of a dollar bill. It is, however, a Federally punishable offense, to so much as place a dollar bill in a device capable of reproducing the image on the bill.

So what you're saying is that if someone (I'm not naming names) has some werid obsession with counterfitting things... then that someone is breaking the law? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 26, 2004, 03:24 PM
On 2004-07-26 12:36, Primeval wrote:

So what you're saying is that if someone (I'm not naming names) has some werid obsession with counterfitting things... then that someone is breaking the law? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm saying that you can be Federally Prosecuted if you even enter into the first step of re-producing the image on paper currency, whether it's a paper copy or a digital copy.