PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Getting Sick Of Hacked Weapons Now!!!

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 09:34 AM
Hi people

I was just woundering if any people had hacked weapons before I know I have but how do you spot a hacked weapon to a real weapon help please guys.

P.S. I'm a 100% legit player but needs help just spotting out a hacked weapon thats all.

Deuce
Jul 26, 2004, 09:36 AM
A rule of thumb that most people use is: Don't accept anything higher than a 9 star rare from people you don't know. If you see someone going around giving away Dark Flow's (Obviously hacked since Dark weapons cannot be legitly made) then you know you're in trouble.

Giezus
Jul 26, 2004, 09:42 AM
Basically: You can't. Sure, the "below nine star" thing sometimes works, but how do you know if its duped or not? You cant. The for sure way to tell if its not hacked (and only way to tell that its not duped) is if you see it drop from an enemy (or out of a box), pick it up and tek it yourself.

Waddler
Jul 26, 2004, 09:45 AM
In most cases i go by.

If its too good to be true then its most likely that it is.

Superguppie
Jul 26, 2004, 09:47 AM
1 indication can be found using the guides. If there is no guide that says how you can get an item, it's probably a hack. However, do take care in this. For some items it is hard to find out exactly how to find it, even though it is in the guides.
Another is the damage a weapon can do. There is a hacked bkb about that has 300% Dark. This does uncanny amounts of damage on anything with Dark attribute. Ofcourse you can't see it until it used on such a creature...
And last, there's hacked MAGs. Use common sense here:
- Any MAG over lvl200 is a hack
- Any MAG that has a property at 195 and is NOT a system MAG is a hack
- Any system MAG with PB is a hack.

And as Deuce says, don't be too trusting towards people you don't know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-07-26 07:48 ]</font>

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 09:50 AM
I've just been playing on Phanatasy Star Online on the U.S ship/block and this stupid hacker kid tryed to give me a dark flow's weapon and I'm like no m8 you take it back you hacker,cheating bastard they I said to him play the game without cheating they he got all mad ha ha ha anyway thanks for telling me Deuce not to take weapons off a people with more than 9 stars.

heyf00L
Jul 26, 2004, 09:54 AM
99% of people aren't hackers, they just dupe the hacks. I think only 1 or 2 people make hacks.

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 09:57 AM
I didn't know that you can get hacked mags Superguppie I've proble picked up one by now off this kid ,but to be on the safe side I will back up my gamecube data on a other memory card does that sound like a good idea Superguppie.

trypticon
Jul 26, 2004, 10:08 AM
Why are you looking for permission from Superguppie? Use your brain and do whatever sounds good to you.

Superguppie
Jul 26, 2004, 10:14 AM
Backing up is a good idea with respect to corruption. It can be argued if this keeps you legit. See the Cheaters topic group for this. Also, even if you manage to copy your data to another card, (the data is copy protected!) it won't be of much use there. The data only works from the card it was made on. It will probably work after restoring it to the original card though.
However, I fail to see how this relates to hacked items. Backing up doesn't prevent getting them. Also, if you accidentaly get some and dump them when you find out, I don't think many will hold it against you.
So, in the light of this topic, I think backing up your data is not relevant...

Jason
Jul 26, 2004, 10:36 AM
To be completely safe: Don't accept any item from anybody. It is that simple.

I do know that there's a 9 star weapon that is duped. One is a Double Saber that have good %'s, the owner of it let people dupe it so it is spreading.

Another way to be safe is to accept items only from players you trust and know well.

How do I know if a duped weapon is given to me...? "Spiderman" sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-26 08:40 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 26, 2004, 10:53 AM
I didn't realize people were so afraid of dupes when I gave away a Dragon's Sword (or, whatever the thing's called) and some other 9 stars.

I usually go by the rule that if the percents stink, or don't exist, it isn't duped.

Either that, or the person has a LOT of free time.

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 11:06 AM
U would be afraid Solstis if you got all your best items stripped away from you, after all that hard work and hours but I'm not to sure if hacked weapons or dupes can fuck up our stuff.

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 11:10 AM
U would be afraid Solstis if you got all your best items stripped away from you, after all that hard work and hours but I'm not to sure if hacked weapons or dupes can fuck up our stuff.

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 11:35 AM
Whats with this forum guys I've only sent one post so far ,why has it sent the same qustion twice for.

FOmasta89
Jul 26, 2004, 12:30 PM
People have given me about 3 Dark Flows and other duped weapons, so i juust sell them and give them 10 meseta...it really pisses them off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Superguppie
Jul 26, 2004, 12:55 PM
On 2004-07-26 09:35, Endu wrote:
Whats with this forum guys I've only sent one post so far ,why has it sent the same qustion twice for.

Sometimes the server doesn't respond, even though it has processed the request. So, after a while of waiting you click Submit again. Voila, double post. It happens. If you choose edit, you can delete the post again...

And to put your mind at ease, I've been reading on these forums for over a year, and haven't seen any hacks that can mess up your game data. The only cheat that can is the forced FSOD (which is not a hack.) And even that only if it is timed so it happens during a save.

Endu
Jul 26, 2004, 01:10 PM
So your saying Superguppie I have nothing to worry about then sept for FSOD,the only thing I get pissed off about this game is the people who play online I'm talking about the hackers and the people who do dupes because it dosn't feel like you earned that weapon on your own I'm saying its a cheap way of getting weapon in other words cheating.

jnblz316
Jul 26, 2004, 05:30 PM
i was playing a legit game titled "Legits only!"
and this kid came on asking for a hacked mag. i mean come on i know he read the title of my game. back to being on subject i never take anything anyone's willing to give away for nothing. unless it's a db saber,varista,and other very,very common rares that i would need at the time.

Superguppie
Jul 26, 2004, 05:39 PM
On 2004-07-26 11:10, Endu wrote:
So your saying Superguppie I have nothing to worry about then sept for FSOD,the only thing I get pissed off about this game is the people who play online I'm talking about the hackers and the people who do dupes because it dosn't feel like you earned that weapon on your own I'm saying its a cheap way of getting weapon in other words cheating.

I'm not sure I want to answer the next so poorly written post. Luckily for you I am in a good mood...
As far as I can tell, FSOD is the only thing to really worry about, yes.
And if you dislike hacks/dupes because they aren't "earned" that is your bussiness. Personaly, "earning" my stuff is for myself. If someone wants to cut corners, I don't care. It will ruin the game for him/her. But that's his/her own problem.

RedSchwar
Jul 28, 2004, 03:15 PM
Cheaters say they don't affect anyone, yet this poor guy is on here, too afraid to interact with other users or accept help.

Yeah, it really does nothing (sarcasm). Makes me sad.

Superguppie
Jul 29, 2004, 06:40 AM
It can take a while to lose that fear. I do encourage you to try interact a little. Be honest, don't flame. Play with people. Talk with people. If you don't like'em, leave'em. In time you're likely to find at least some that you feel comfortable with.
Personaly I don't see this as the biggest effect of cheating, although I won't deny it is an effect.

Zeik123
Aug 4, 2004, 11:20 PM
Ok I admit. I dupe. But it's not a bad thing I say. I've earned at least on copy of eery one of my items. Like my Red handgun for example. And no, Duping has no effect on how many rares you find. I don't even think duping effects the game play at all. Before you ask, no I don't know how to hack so don't bother askin.

InfernoNR7
Aug 5, 2004, 02:14 AM
I agree with your style of duping Zeik. I only dupe items I have already earned, and keep them as backup, just in case.