PDA

View Full Version : *makeup poll* GC offline trial *& Final!?* restrictions good

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 09:57 AM
Well, as obvious, I say bullshit. Someone should friggin petition Sonic Team to take that shit out of the final version. I mean come on, Can't withdraw items from bank EVER offline? Gotta save in bank or permanent loss? Invisible unequipped items, + no offline transfer? That just ain't right.

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 10:03 AM
It won't be like that in Final. Don't worry about it.

Sonic Team made it that way because they really want the Trial to be played ONLINE. It is the network test version. Chill out.

I was pretty pissed because I found a super rare offline the day before yesterday and lost it because it didn't save, due to the way the Trial mode's offline portion works, but I'm over it now.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 10:08 AM
But there's still the possibility of it being like that. and ANY posibility of it happening scares the hell out of me.
I DON'T WANT AN UNPLAYBLE, WATERED DOWN (or in this case "sanded down"?) OFFLINE MODE!

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 10:11 AM
On 2002-06-14 08:08, Mag_Launcher wrote:
But there's still the possibility of it being like that.

No there isn't, and if there is it will be an option.

Offline mode will now have a rule selection system before you enter the offline mode where you can select the Episode, the number of characters, and some other miscellaneous stuff. The Trial edition has a set group of rules that you cannot modify for offline mode. The rule set for offline mode in the Trial is 2 players, only given items, and Episode 1 levels only.

The offline mode will be fine in the Final version. Just wait.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2002-06-14 08:13 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 10:14 AM
Hey... could you see if RAmarl has a spikey anime-style hairstyle? I would like to see a picture of a RAmarl with spikey purple hair.
(Trying to plot the perfect appearance for OniKonoko, my future RAmarl.)

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 10:17 AM
On 2002-06-14 08:14, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Hey... could you see if RAmarl has a spikey anime-style hairstyle?

She does. There is even one that has her have a visor on, which looks pretty hardcore.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 10:21 AM
Yes, screenshots of any anime style RAmarl hairstyle in purple would be great. And also, could you show me a face that has green eyes in those pics? *if there is one...*

Greg
Jun 14, 2002, 12:53 PM
Dude calm the fuck down. Sonic team is only worried about testing the Network. They need a lot of people to play online at once to make sure it is stable. The Beta is not intended for offline play.

Riel
Jun 14, 2002, 01:38 PM
And what if doing all this offline is to prevent lamers from Noling and the rest,creating stuff offline and bringing them online..isnt lobby freeze done by removing something in your bank??

Also be lucky there's even an offline mode,most MMORPG don't have offline mode nor does FFX1.If this is one way of making the online game better i'm all for it,not that i have anything about offline play it's just that the game is better online,everyone agrees on that.Since it seems that a lot console players are intent on cheating from the get go,i think you can say goodbye to offline mode with games that offer online play in the future.You wanna play solo,you have to go online anyway.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 14, 2002, 01:41 PM
Hey Wata, does the Hucaseal have a flesh colored outfit like the Racaseal does?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 14, 2002, 03:37 PM
from what i understand, wouldn't we be swapping disks to change between episodes? 3 cm DVDs can only hold like 1.2 gigs right? v2 already crammed the GDrom to its max.

GhoStar
Jun 14, 2002, 04:37 PM
If what Riel says is right and it could help prevent all that crap that corrupted the last PSO then I'm all for it. It is an online game afterall.

X-thirteen
Jun 14, 2002, 05:13 PM
On 2002-06-14 13:37, Jonathan_F wrote:
from what i understand, wouldn't we be swapping disks to change between episodes? 3 cm DVDs can only hold like 1.2 gigs right? v2 already crammed the GDrom to its max.

i think cube disks can hold 1.5-1.7 gigs

lugus
Jun 14, 2002, 05:16 PM

Their called GOD's(Gamucube Optical Disk), can hold 1.5 GB and I am 100% sure that it will be 1 disk since it makes no sense to put it in 2. For example your online and your invited to a game, but your friends are playing a Episode II game while your playing Episode I, so you have to save and quit, change disc, and reconnect. Sorry I just don't see this happening.

Greg
Jun 14, 2002, 05:48 PM
I dont that that there is really that much data in PSO. Just some Compressed Audio, Textures, and a few maps. It really is not that large of a game.

X-thirteen
Jun 14, 2002, 08:23 PM
On 2002-06-14 15:48, Greg wrote:
I dont that that there is really that much data in PSO. Just some Compressed Audio, Textures, and a few maps. It really is not that large of a game.

my pc version is just over a gig.

add a few new models, a lot more player skins, new map textures, and new maps...

Ziggy-san
Jun 14, 2002, 08:28 PM
Aaa, I agree. I think the purpose of that whole thing to make the trial a...well...trial. They're testing for the final relase of game, for one, and second, they don't want people overplaying this game too much or having too much fun with it anyway. Just enough fun so that you'll want to go out and buy the game or something.

Now, I don't own the final version, but, aaa, from I see with what ST has done with it, I think they're pretty smart for doing so, and I think they're doing the right thing.

And another thing. Relax. The final version won't have any drastic changes...well...except for the dying no drop weapon thing and whatnot, but I think, if anything, those are safeguards for online play anyway. So just chill, keep playing your demo till the final comes out, and have fun!~ ^^

faceless
Jun 15, 2002, 12:59 AM

actually, the biggest things on v2 were the audio and the intro movie, without the intro movie the game is under 500mb

VariantXL
Jun 15, 2002, 10:58 PM
The gc disk just about covers it its probaly around 900mb to 1.1 gigs of stuff on the disk. 3d stuff like maps and character models are extremely small The main thing that takes up the space is the textures that cover the 3d objects and ESPECIALLY the light maps on the maps since pso dosent use realtime lighting. The animation data takes up a lot too. That and the intro is probaly takin up alot of space too. Its probaly around 900mb to 1.1 gb of stuff. If the lighting were to be done on the fly and the intro was done in real time (which i think even the gc could do pretty easily) it wouldnt be NEAR the size that it is.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 16, 2002, 02:07 AM
Imbeciles, can't even get GC disc size right. It's 1.7 gigs, not 1.1. AND GC discs have superior compression ability, so it could hold much more than it's worth in data.

Greg
Jun 16, 2002, 02:18 AM
On 2002-06-16 00:07, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Imbeciles, can't even get GC disc size right. It's 1.7 gigs, not 1.1. AND GC discs have superior compression ability, so it could hold much more than it's worth in data.

You are rather annoying.

And according to nintendo it's 1.5 gigs. Oops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

8cm NINTENDO GAMECUBE Disc based on Matsushita's Optical Disc Technology Approx. 1.5GB Capacity

http://www.nintendo.com/gamecube/specs.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Greg on 2002-06-16 00:19 ]</font>

X-thirteen
Jun 16, 2002, 05:40 PM
On 2002-06-14 22:59, faceless wrote:

actually, the biggest things on v2 were the audio and the intro movie, without the intro movie the game is under 500mb

http://xthirteen.homestead.com/files/pnwepvij.jpg
thats my pc intro movie.

watashiwa
Jun 16, 2002, 05:47 PM
In regards to the PC version's file size. 785 megabytes of the 1 gig is just audio. The audio in the game, including the music, is not compressed at all. This is different than the Gamecube and Dreamcast versions, which is why the PC version's size is so big.

PSO is really a small game, overall.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 17, 2002, 03:48 PM
Wata, you still haven't answered my question that has been intriguing me and others for a long time. Is there a bikini or thong dressing option for the Hucaseal?!!! n_n