PDA

View Full Version : Is my ATA broke?

heyf00L
Jul 27, 2004, 12:16 PM
I picked out a way to max stats on my HUnewearl and it just happened to be (as I found out later) exactly the same as in this (http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1296) guide.
I got it all. 66 dex mag. God/Arm. 2 God/Abilities. That's all the ATA raising stuff, but I'm missing 1 ATA. I'm at level 194 right now and am 1 ATA from max. I gained an ATA when I hit 193 just like I should...except that's the last ATA a HUnewearl is supposed to gain. I'm 1 ATA behind what I should be!

All my hard work! Nooooo!! Something horrible has happened. If I don't get an ATA by 200 I'm tempted to use that evil glitch to fix it. But no, that's cheating. But I've been cheated out of my ATA! CURSES. I want that yellow stat! It's precious too me. I should already have it.

So, uh, anyone got a fix for this? Like unequipping stuff and saving. I've tried some stuff by still missing my ATA. Maybe God/Ability really only gives you 1.5 ATA. Hmm, I'll check that when I get home.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 27, 2004, 12:39 PM
Well, it seems to me that you're ATA actually is broke. Hunewearl gets 199 ATA max, and has 147 at level 200 without anything equipped. So you do the math 199-147 = 52. Then the unit and mag math: 66/2=33+15+2+2 = 52. I don't really know what to tell you, except that I'm really sorry. That sux. There's probably a logical explanation somewhere. Hopefully you can find it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

heyf00L
Jul 27, 2004, 12:55 PM
My ATA was maxed in earlier levels before I did an equipment change. I guess when I leveled I didn't get an ATA I was supposed to because it was maxed. I think that can actually happen sometimes.

Nai_Calus
Jul 27, 2004, 02:32 PM
It could be something to do with the fact that ATA doesn't always level an entire stat point when you level.

Case in point, recently I was using my FOmar, and trying to get enough ATA to use a Handgun. I thought I would need two DEX levels, but the one gave me the final ATA point. Apparently I actually had 67.5 ATA, and the .5 ATA from the level of DEX put me over.

Could be something like that with your HUnewearl, and she has less than one point of ATA to go that she'll get without it being announced?

Red_Death4052
Jul 27, 2004, 02:56 PM
There is a glitch in the game where do don't gain ata, even when it shows up on the level up list. If your ata is maxed (yellow writing) with units when u level, you will NOT gain the said ata. This applies for any stat. If your ata wasn't maxed, then I have no idea as to what happened with your ata.

Ketchup345
Jul 27, 2004, 04:21 PM
On 2004-07-27 12:56, Red_Death4052 wrote:
There is a glitch in the game where do don't gain ata, even when it shows up on the level up list. If your ata is maxed (yellow writing) with units when u level, you will NOT gain the said ata. This applies for any stat. If your ata wasn't maxed, then I have no idea as to what happened with your ata.

Other people don't have this problem. In the GC/XBox versions, you still gain the stats.

Possibilities:
You were at a bad level for ATA (try leveling once or twice more)
You misread your ATA
193 may not be the last ATA level (good luck on the next 6)
God/Ability does only give 1.5 ATA

Liquid_Bacon
Jul 27, 2004, 04:44 PM
On 2004-07-27 12:56, Red_Death4052 wrote:

This is false. When you remove the unit that maxes your ATA, your base ATA will read as being X number of points below your max, with X being the amount that the unit boosts your ATA. For example, I use an Elf/Arm++ (adds 9 ATA) to boost my HUmar's ATA to max, which for him is 200. If I take off the unit, my ATA reads 191. However, if I remove my Mag and then equip it again, my real ATA shows up, which is around 197. It is this wierd glitch that leads people to believe that you don't gain ATA points if the stat is maxed.

Red_Death4052
Jul 27, 2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I never checked by unequiping my mag, so I never figured it out.

Hrith
Jul 28, 2004, 03:00 AM
I think what Ian-KunX said is correct.

SLON
Jul 28, 2004, 06:50 AM
I presume that's why you can sometimes gain an ATA by Mag levelling-up on an odd (as opposed to even) DEX.

heyf00L
Jul 28, 2004, 11:52 AM
I'm 195 now and when I unequip everything I have 146 ATA. According to everything I should have been at 147 when I hit 193. I really just lost an ATA somewhere. I checked and the God/Abilities give 2 ATA each. My base stat is just off. I can only hope it shows up before I get to 200 (hopefully next month if I play hard woooo). I initialized my character to fix my mats. Maybe that broke it. D;

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 29, 2004, 01:11 AM
On 2004-07-28 04:50, SLON wrote:
I presume that's why you can sometimes gain an ATA by Mag levelling-up on an odd (as opposed to even) DEX.

Wait, I'm confused. How could that happen??

ExoZero
Jul 29, 2004, 02:14 AM
now that just sucks hopefully you can find a way to fix it good luck

SLON
Jul 29, 2004, 07:22 AM
Chaos; for example, I wanted to use a certain weapon, but I was an ATA short. So I decided to increase my Mag's DEX by two, to give me an extra ATA. However, after only increasing it by 1, I suddenly went up an ATA.

Nai_Calus
Jul 29, 2004, 08:16 AM
On 2004-07-29 05:22, SLON wrote:
Chaos; for example, I wanted to use a certain weapon, but I was an ATA short. So I decided to increase my Mag's DEX by two, to give me an extra ATA. However, after only increasing it by 1, I suddenly went up an ATA.

Because ATA doesn't always increase an entire point. Much like 1 level of DEX only increases .5 of an ATA point, levelups will sometimes similarily increase part of an ATA point. Which is why sometimes you can gain two ATA points, incidentally, when it only claims you got one - At xxx.5 before, gained a whole point, and had half a an ATA from an uneven DEX number. You're told of a 1-point increase, but the actual increase that you see on your stats is 2 points.

ATA is somewhat of a fucky stat.

L100Seraphs
Jul 29, 2004, 08:46 AM
I assume you are working off the stat-boosts on this website?
If that's the case, I wouldn't be too concerned. I've noticed one thing that all my characters have had in common - their ATA stat is almost always playing catch-up with the ATA they're supposed to have.
Example: at lv.186, my FOmarl was supposed to have 141 ATA. She had 140.
At level 187, she got her ATA increase, and her actual ATA matched her "supposed" ATA.
At level 188 she apparently should've gotten another ATA. She didn't.

I would almost guarantee that you get your next (and final) ATA point at about level 198. It seems your character grows ATA at about 1 point per 5 levels, and I'm guessing it's at this late stage level-wise that the slight ATA miscalculation has finally happened to slide so far as to "forget" a level. Besides, if you look at most of the other characters, they all pick up their final ATA increases around 198/199.

I've noticed quite a few stats slide like this compared to the actual stats - my FOmarl's ATA lags behind her actual ATA, whereas her ATP is slightly ahead, and she maxed EVP earlier than was expected.

Oh and one last thing Heyf00l:
Oran Ep2 Temple VHard Sol Dimenian doesn't drop Regen Gear Advance - it drops Regenerate Gear. I wish your drop was right, honestly I do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but I hunted there for the RGA and got a RG instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: L100Seraphs on 2004-07-29 06:54 ]</font>

heyf00L
Jul 29, 2004, 12:16 PM
I thought I fixed that a long time ago. I bet I overwrote it with an old version or something. ;/ OK.

I just hope y'all are right and that ATA eventually shows up. I want all stats (but MST) to be yellow, dangit. I worked hard for it.

Well, in other news I found a Syncesta last night meaning
http://trueconsoles.homestead.com/files/my_DC.png
this thing is done. Over a year in the making.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2004-07-29 10:17 ]</font>

heyf00L
Aug 3, 2004, 01:58 PM
The mistery will never be solved. Yesterday I FSODed on the double save and lost all my guys. Too bad. I was interested to know if I really had a reject HUney.

dude3282
Aug 3, 2004, 02:11 PM
Whoah. If I lost a lvl 193 char to an FSOD, yeah I'd be pissed, too. My condolences.

ombres
Aug 3, 2004, 02:18 PM
Doh! Really sorry about that!!! That is really bad...

SJ
Aug 5, 2004, 01:56 AM
On 2004-08-03 11:58, heyf00L wrote:
The mistery will never be solved. Yesterday I FSODed on the double save and lost all my guys. Too bad. I was interested to know if I really had a reject HUney.

Just curious, how the fuck can you say that without punching a wall?

Fredrick
Aug 5, 2004, 02:36 AM
OMG thats right! I totaly forgot your donna... Hmm im surprized no one has told me about this...

FattyMcGee
Aug 5, 2004, 06:10 AM

wow. I mean, wow. I myself don't have more than 2 chars over lvl 150, and just knowing the time I spent on those... it would make me so sick if they got deleted.

I'm very sorry.

-fatty

cHaOsMaZtA
Aug 7, 2004, 08:00 PM

SHIZNIT!! I second SJ. Are you even upset about it?? Well, anyways, I feel very bad for you. Sorry, man.