PDA

View Full Version : Wrong rare drops?

Tycho
Jul 27, 2004, 12:54 PM
Some days ago, I killed a Hildelt. On whitill, Ult Forest.

It dropped a rare box.

"Yay, a Red Saber!"

*checks red box*.
Guilty Light.

...Huh?

Is this possible or am I going mad? I believe it happened, but ofcourse there's no proof it was dropped by a Hildelt. Still, if I wanted to brag I would've come up with something better than a crappy Guilty Light.

Does anyone else know about crappy rares dropping from enemies with another rare drop?

Or maybe I did just make a mistake.. :S

Blue-Hawk
Jul 27, 2004, 01:04 PM
Sure you didn't kill a Barble at the same time?

Sitka
Jul 27, 2004, 01:20 PM
I was in a Lost Heat Sword run once and got trapped by the laser fence by a Hidelt and then by the barbles and rappies.

While I was fighting, a red box dropped from, I thought, the barble.

One of the guys I was playing with saw the red box and said "oh, another fcking guilty light," and ran off to fight something else.

I on the other hand, grabbed the red box and said, "but it's a sword-type weapon, not a gun."

"Holy Shit" he starts yelling, "can I have it!"

"Hell no," I said. "You gave up on it and now it's mine, thank you very much."

And that's how I got my red saber from a Barble (via the Hidelt).

So, that's the reverse of what you got.

Tycho
Jul 27, 2004, 01:44 PM
Lol, cool. So, that's probably it.
Thank you.

Quo
Jul 27, 2004, 01:48 PM
Sounomi and heyf00L both got their data directly from the game's code, which means that Whitill Hildelt's drop truly is Red Saber.

What probably happened is that you killed a Barble and a Hildelt either at the same time, or in rapid succession. The Hildelt dropped nothing and the Barble dropped the Guilty Light, making it look like the Hildelt dropped the red box.

heyf00L
Jul 27, 2004, 01:57 PM
Whitill Hildelt drop data is located at address 16804 - 16807. Here we find "be 00 2d 00". "be" is the rarity which is 1 / 315. Apply 85% drop-anything rate and we get 1 / 371. "002d00" is the item number for a Red Saber.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2004-07-27 11:59 ]</font>

BladeofDarkness
Jul 27, 2004, 05:23 PM
I know how ya feel, I was in a skyly ruins game and I was fighting a horde of arlans/merlans/del-ds when just as they all die a red box drops and I thought it was the lavis cannon (del-d). I was really excited and ran to the tekker but it turned out to be a stupid dragon slayer >_<.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-07-27 15:24 ]</font>

Tycho
Jul 27, 2004, 07:16 PM
Aww, I guess that's worse than just getting a pd.

And thanks Quo and heyf00l. I'm not sure how to check what's in adress 16804 - 16807, so I'll just believe you I guess. xD

Caecilius
Jul 28, 2004, 08:49 AM
On 2004-07-27 11:57, heyf00L wrote:
Whitill Hildelt drop data is located at address 16804 - 16807. Here we find "be 00 2d 00". "be" is the rarity which is 1 / 315. Apply 85% drop-anything rate and we get 1 / 371. "002d00" is the item number for a Red Saber.

Drop rates are a load of bullshit. Check my topic to find out why...

Oh, and it is ironic to see that people earning legitimate rare items on this game is achieved through one person hacking the same game...

darthsaber9x9
Jul 28, 2004, 11:45 AM
same with me. delsaber drop: agito 1975.claw drop: cross scar.

delsaber in a bunch of claws, mass killing=1 red box on the floow. its sword type. my heart was racing by now because of what it could have been....and it wasnt:(. fucking claws.

i got an agito now anyway and it wasnt worth the 18 pal rappies i killed.

heyf00L
Jul 28, 2004, 12:01 PM
Nah, once you're a pretty high level the Oro works great in Forest and Temple (and looks stylish too).

Oh, to clarify, that's the address for the itemrt.gsl file, not the entire game. There are methods on both Xbox and GameCube to view the contents of YOUR games (which don't break copy protection and are not illegal) just incase you don't believe the numbers I provide.
All you have to do is have faith in the formulas that turn BE into readable human numbers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: heyf00L on 2004-07-28 10:02 ]</font>

gamemaster4
Jul 28, 2004, 02:40 PM
This might be a little off subject but I have been checking some of the drop rates and it says that an Al Rappy on hard mode has an 87.5% chance of droping the Last Survivor if you are Skyly. Well I have killed about 40 of them and I still didn't get one. I was wondering if anyone here could check to see if they can get it on hard mode with a Skyly character. I just want to make sure that the chart isn't wrong.Let me know what you find out.... I know that its just probably my luck but I just wanted to know if anyone else was having problems getting it like that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gamemaster4 on 2004-07-28 12:48 ]</font>