PDA

View Full Version : Where to find rare weps/items, online or offline?

GhostDog
Jun 14, 2002, 11:18 AM
Just wondering if you can find rare weps and armour when playing offline or do you have to go online, Can any decent stuff be found playing offline?

Daikarin
Jun 14, 2002, 06:21 PM
On 2002-06-14 09:18, GhostDog wrote:
Just wondering if you can find rare weps and armour when playing offline or do you have to go online, Can any decent stuff be found playing offline?

Of course! I found lots of rare items offline, altough online it is easier due to a lot of issues. To know where to find good treasure read some FAQs

RedFox
Jun 15, 2002, 01:29 PM
online... u can usually access the areas you havent yet unlocked offline when joining a game and the veriety of online sectionIDs means that u will be more likely to find certain weapons that arent so common on your own sectoin ID. if i can recall correctly... Redria is better for finding armours so going online would be advisable (in my opinion), however i would wait until i'd cleared hard mode or reached lv40 so that v.hard games will become avaliable.

segadrm
Jun 16, 2002, 12:05 AM
i found some stuff offline. but they are not that good. red handgun and submit moon. that is it. but online u have a better chance of find something better.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 18, 2002, 08:45 PM
Odds for finding rares are safe online & offline.

Online advantage: more enemies and thus more chances.

Offline advantage: You're the only one that gets the items, and you don't need 4 to open all doors.

TedEdFred
Jun 18, 2002, 10:09 PM
I can't think of anything really rare that I've found online. It's prolly just me though..

Blue-Hawk
Jun 18, 2002, 10:11 PM
*has never ever found a rare online* all mine were found offline or traded for.

Khaotika
Jun 18, 2002, 11:08 PM
Well, since you're Viridia, I can try and help by listing what my Viridia char has found..

Lots of Megid techs.
FINAL IMPACT - V.Hard mine 2, offline, box
STINK FRAME (0) - V.Hard cave 2, offline, lily
STING TIP - Ultimate cave 1, offline, box
SPREAD NEEDLE - Ultimate ruins 1, online, merlan
RED DAGGERS (2 pair) - Ultimate cave 1 and 2, vulmers

Agh, by looking at it, my Viridia character's luck is horrible, but you might have better luck. In any case, this is just to let you know that you'll find _SOME_ rare items, just keep looking.

-Khaotika!

"*still not gonna make a Viridia in GC, though..*"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Khaotika on 2002-06-18 21:10 ]</font>

VariantXL
Jun 19, 2002, 02:11 AM
My char is SaintSword and hes a yellowboze HUmar and so far in my 120 hrs of gameplay i have found

2x Imperial Pick
2x Ancient Saber
3x Double Saber
2x Victor Axe
1x Summit Moon
1x Stag Cutlery
1x Delsaber's Buster
4x Red Handgun
5x Parasite Armor: Nelgal all are between 0-2 slots

All the other rares i have were given to me from guys who simply didnt need any more or had too many of them and wanted to clear out their banks. I didnt put varista's or DB Sabers down cuz frankly.... they are more common in ULT than regular weapons and usually have negative percents on everything that ive looked at.

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 12:46 AM
I can't go online but so far all I have found are the following:

1 S-Beats Blade
1 Photon Claw
1 Hero ability
2 Delsabre's Busters

SSBrian
Jun 25, 2002, 12:49 AM
I am a Humar level 52 and have only been playing for 55 hours. I am a skyly. Is that a good selection for that amount of time?