PDA

View Full Version : Stop the indras!

aSo_Dragon
Jul 27, 2004, 02:01 PM
i hate being a lvl 144 pinkal humar that only finds storm wand indras. Anyone else have this problem, any ideas to where i should look for better stuff?

Hrigg
Jul 27, 2004, 02:51 PM
no idea. You're screwed.

Anuminus
Jul 27, 2004, 02:57 PM
One thing you could do is start over with a Skyly, Yellowbooze, or Redria. Or you could hunt for Partisan of Lightning off of Gol Dragon.

jspacemunkey
Jul 27, 2004, 02:58 PM
start by checking the item findings to see what is obtainable through pinkal. that will help you get an idea of which areas to play through.

you've probably heard that pinkal is generally reviled and considered the worst id, bar none. i have a pinkal character myself, but she's supported by a skyly, a purplenum, a redria, a viridia, a bluefull, an oran, and a whitill. as to where you should look...ruins is the main area my pinkal will be item-searching in. she can get an evil curst, which i want because i want it. (i haven't heard anything good about this particular weapon, just think it looks cool.) for a HUmar...you can get an asuka off of barba ray with relative ease. um...berdysh from ep2 hildetorr. i don't really know what you're looking for but i wish you good luck.

Sitka
Jul 27, 2004, 03:03 PM
A pinkal humar - wow!

I've always had a tough time defending my Pinkal FOnewearl - I can just imagine what you go through!

Drop rates aside, try running Episode II more.

Asuka is an easy drop off of Barba Ray and you'll easily get multiple sets which you can then trade with your friends for items you don't get on you id.

Berdysh is a bit different and not difficult - that is, if you can flush out a Torr.

You get Vjayas out of a box - lucky you!

Rabbit Wands, Windmills and Sting Tips make nice trade bait, albeit they are useless weapons.

Aura Field off of the Del-D is highly sought after, as is Partisan of Lightening (Gol Dragon), God Ability (Gulgus-gue), Sorcerer's Right Arm, Madam's Umbrella (Gibbles), Soul Banish (Spigell), Red Scorpio (Mericus), Hitogata (Delbiter), Psycho Wand (Zele), Tripolic Shield (Morphos), Heart of Poumn (Del Lily), and Demonic Fork (Ill Gill).

So what are you doing in Episode I!

Start running some Episode II man!

Quo
Jul 27, 2004, 04:32 PM
What I like to do is to look at heyf00L's Ultimate drop chart (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html), look in the column with my section ID and find a cool rare to hunt. Works every time.

Sitka: Pinkal HUmars aren't all that uncommon. n00bs play them because they think HUmar is badass and Pinkal gets the '75 agito easiest. Both of these are wrong assumptions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Its almost as stereotypical as level 200 HUmars in black with long silver hair named Sephiroth wielding J-swords saying, "I can feed my mag?!"

Eihwaz
Jul 27, 2004, 07:18 PM
Make your HUmar another ID, then. I'd suggest Whitil, Redria, or Purplenum. Possibly Yellowboze or Skyly.

Anuminus
Jul 27, 2004, 07:43 PM
I suggest exactly the same thing earlier. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Saffran
Jul 28, 2004, 03:53 AM
Honestly people, there's got to be a better piece of advice than "ditch your high-level cahracter"...

Quo
Jul 28, 2004, 04:03 AM
On 2004-07-28 01:53, Saffran wrote:
Honestly people, there's got to be a better piece of advice than "ditch your high-level cahracter"...

But pinkal is so awful. At the very least, that HUmar can provide materials, grinders, mags and tech disks to his upcoming characters, but thats about it. I think Pinkal was ST's version of a cruel joke. . . you know, the one besides their other versions.

hfnico
Jul 28, 2004, 04:06 AM
If you make a new char don't make a second Humar, go for an other class.
Anyway Pinkal does suck in episode 1 but has good drops in episode 2.
I got a lv 130 Fomar and i only play ep.2

SLON
Jul 28, 2004, 07:03 AM
Pinkal finds too many SWI it's true, but all IDs find useless weapons. What you need to consider is the very rare weapons/armors, and decide which ones you are most interested in finding, rather than the multi-drop 9 or 10 star stuff that no-one is going to use anyway.

Caecilius
Jul 28, 2004, 08:35 AM
On 2004-07-27 14:32, Quo wrote:
What I like to do is to look at heyf00L's Ultimate drop chart (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html), look in the column with my section ID and find a cool rare to hunt. Works every time.

I just penned a lengthy essay-post abut why drop rates do NOT "work every time", my friend. It's somewhere in the topic lists, I seriosly can't be arsed to find the URL for it...

Off topic: Jeez. Gone five months, just come back and already I'm as irritable as the day I silently packed my bags and left with nobody knowing. I need medical help...

Cc08
Jul 28, 2004, 02:38 PM
I just penned a lengthy essay-post abut why drop rates do NOT "work every time", my friend. It's somewhere in the topic lists, I seriosly can't be arsed to find the URL for it...Dude, quit drawing attention to your topic. I have read about 2 or 3 topics today, and in every one you mention your topic and try to pull people there. We have all read it, and most disagree with it. Quit trying to create more controversy, pretty soon your "essay" will turn into a spam-war. Oh, no one asked for the URL to it either.

Anuminus
Jul 28, 2004, 02:42 PM
Man, the drop rates are there, IN THE GAME. On-Topic: Don't ditch your Pinkal until you grab perhaps a Partisan of Lightning off of Gol Dragon Eps. 2. AND an Agito 1975 off of a Pal Rappy. Then give those things and a high lv. Mag (Preferably Rati http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) to a new character. If you want to max a HUmar or want some suggestions, PM me.

Eihwaz
Jul 28, 2004, 03:00 PM
Yeah, 144 is an awfully high level, and sometimes people have grown attached to their characters. I know I would -never- delete my GC FOnewm, and he's Pinkal, and level 111. >_>;

If you want good stuff, Ep2 is where you'll find it. Get a nice Partisan of Lightning (one of the few decent weapons Pinkal Finds), or Asuka (which is also pretty good). Vjaya from Temple boxes would be quite nice with Hit%.

However, Ep1 has a few good places. Ruins is probably your best bet, with good stuff like Morning Glory, various enemy parts, and DF Field, which is a strong armor that you can easily equip at level 144. Or you could try to get a Lavis Cannon from Poufuilly Slimes. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-07-28 13:01 ]</font>

FOmasta89
Jul 28, 2004, 03:09 PM
I dought you'll get the lavis cannon. I've tried to get that w/ my very old char. and never got through like 30 something runs and i was a pinkal too but a force

Tycho
Jul 28, 2004, 10:38 PM
What's wrong with Pinkal besides the Indra's and other crappy drops. =(
Lol, actually I'm even gonna recreate my (ep3) chara so it can be a Pinkal.
The drops.. well.. offline you can pipe agito's and berdyshes, offline you can do half RT's (Asuka and PoL), or um.. let someone else host? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SLON
Jul 29, 2004, 07:30 AM
Tycho, Im with you. My Fomar is Pinkal, and lv 187. I'm glad I dont have uber weapons with insane drop rates on my ID, otherwise I might be tempted to spend the next 6 months looking for them!

shingo
Jul 29, 2004, 07:54 AM
ep2 is the best place to get them because i got a sigh of god the first time i found a love rappy