PDA

View Full Version : PSO Trial Media Page

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 11:56 AM
How many of you have actually checked out the Trial Media page (http://www.pso-world.com/trialimg.php) here at PSOW? What are your thoughts on it? Is there anything inparticular that you'd like images or a movie of? If so, we could see about getting it added.

Going to make it easier to look at the images and provide thumbnails here shortly, so just bare with me.

We'd like to know peoples' thoughts about the looks into Episode 2, though.

Dain_Bramaged
Jun 14, 2002, 12:04 PM
I think we could use some more shots of rare weapons, but that of course, involves finding them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Personally, I think any pictures would be acceptable, I know I'm hyped up to the point where if you showed me pictures of the backs of characters in dark rooms, I'd still look at it simply thinking "I must get this game" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Parn
Jun 14, 2002, 12:12 PM
Great job so far, if you ask me. I didn't even expect the MP3s, which were a very nice addition.

I have no real requests in terms of media... anything you put up is more than necessary. Thanks for taking the time to record this stuff for us, heh.

Ash1ey
Jun 14, 2002, 12:23 PM
I like the trial media page alot, but one problem, i do have divx but it wont let me view the videos :/

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 01:04 PM
On 2002-06-14 10:12, Parn wrote:
I have no real requests in terms of media... anything you put up is more than necessary.

Well, always taking suggestions.

Shots of rares and other items are coming. Just wanted to get area shots and movies out of the way first.

Oh, and to Steve II, what version of DivX did you download? If you've tried 3.11 alpha, what operating system are you using? If it's 2000 or XP, you need to right-click the DivX.inf file in the C:Program FilesDivX_311alpha folder and hit "Install". Otherwise, try upgrading to DivX 5.0 and running it's installer. You shouldn't have any problems viewing the movie.

X-thirteen
Jun 14, 2002, 01:09 PM
i want an extensive video of character creation. other than that great media wata!

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 01:12 PM
On 2002-06-14 11:09, X-thirteen wrote:
i want an extensive video of character creation.

Will make one tonight.

X-thirteen
Jun 14, 2002, 01:35 PM
thank you watajebus

Ash1ey
Jun 14, 2002, 02:36 PM
I'm running XP, i tryed downloading the new one but still doesn't work >_< ill just do that other thing you said, thanks

MarkXIII
Jun 14, 2002, 02:48 PM
Other than thumbnails the page is just dandy, an the music a great bonus. Personaly i would like to see some variations in character creation, like any new colors or heads for HUcast, RAcast...etc. I saw a shot of a red/blue RAcast on hey.to/pso, so more of the same but for all types.

Thanx.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MarkXIII on 2002-06-14 12:50 ]</font>

MarkXIII
Jun 14, 2002, 02:54 PM
This is off topic but is the waterfall in image 30 the waterfall in ruins just obviously above ground?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 14, 2002, 02:59 PM
I got the video play, but no sound. any suggestion? i'm usin divx 5.02

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 14, 2002, 03:06 PM
forum aint letting me edit right now...

actually that was in movie #1, movie 2 i just watched seemed fine with the sound. movie 1 seems to be looking for some sort of codec

X-thirteen
Jun 14, 2002, 03:13 PM
On 2002-06-14 12:59, Jonathan_F wrote:

i dontn have any sound either. but i have no problems with the video.

MarkXIII
Jun 14, 2002, 03:17 PM
Oh yeah, images of new mags or old mags with new looks...if any.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 14, 2002, 03:33 PM
hey wata, how about some vids of the new spaceship and sanctuary modes

X-thirteen
Jun 14, 2002, 03:41 PM
On 2002-06-14 13:13, X-thirteen wrote:

On 2002-06-14 12:59, Jonathan_F wrote:

i dontn have any sound either. but i have no problems with the video.

nm i downloaded the new codec and everything works fine! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 03:46 PM
The very first movie I posted used the WMA codec. Some people have issues with that but they can be taken care of by reinstalling DivX 3.11

The rest of the videos should give both audio and video fine as I used standard MP3 compression for audio on the remaining videos. I might re-encode video #1 to use MP3 compression for audio instead.

Oh, and about picture 30, yes it's above ground.

Greg
Jun 14, 2002, 03:54 PM
Do you know if the Space Ship and Sanctuary will be available as playable levels in the full version. I was under the impression that the new levels were: Beach, Pioneer1, High Mountian and Swamp.

Also are there actually bosses for the beach, spaceship and sanctuary in the trial?

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 04:11 PM
On 2002-06-14 13:54, Greg wrote:
Do you know if the Space Ship and Sanctuary will be available as playable levels in the full version. I was under the impression that the new levels were: Beach, Pioneer1, High Mountian and Swamp.

Also are there actually bosses for the beach, spaceship and sanctuary in the trial?

In the trial, Episode 2 is laid out like this:

VR Sanctuary,
VR Spaceship,
Central Factory.

All three of those fully playable levels.

The Central Factory contains four areas, although the fourth may or may not be considered a full area. I consider it an area, however.

The areas of the Central Factory are Jungle, High Mountain, Coast, and finally the Factory itself.

The Factory is merely a path that consists of four or five wide open rooms with monsters and traps. At the end of the path is the Gar Griffon boss fight.

I haven't played much of Sanctuary or Spaceship because I'm usually playing those solo and there are some two player doors. >.> Today I will play them with a partner and tell you if they have an ending with a boss or something in them.

There is, what I believe, a missing area from Episode 2. The Ruins is also missing from Episode 1. I believe they did this as to not show you the final area or boss for either episode and to keep people in suspense. I'm also under the impression that maybe the Sanctuary and Temple are not complete, but maybe they are. I'll find out today.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 14, 2002, 04:24 PM
Wata, can you pick a flesh option on the customization on the Hucaseal...like the one for the Racaseal. Please say Bikini, please say bikini!!!

GhoStar
Jun 14, 2002, 04:32 PM
Hey wata, I heard there was a wasp-like sub boss in the Beach level. Have you heard or seen anything about this?

Someone posted it at Makak, but didn't make out whether it was speculation or something he'd seen.

MarkXIII
Jun 14, 2002, 04:32 PM
Oh, and about picture 30, yes it's above ground.

koo, thought so.

DarthWufei
Jun 14, 2002, 04:34 PM
Very nice media page. I love it, very awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Best PSO coverage I've seen yet. Thanks a ton

As far as stuff I wanna see. Hmm.. more videos of techs, if they have new animations or something. Since I'm gonna be a force. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks!

watashiwa
Jun 14, 2002, 04:38 PM
On 2002-06-14 14:32, GhoStar wrote:
Hey wata, I heard there was a wasp-like sub boss in the Beach level. Have you heard or seen anything about this?

Look at the second coast video. He's right there.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 04:48 PM
My requests:

1. Screenshots of chatacter creation screen showing all of RAmarl's anime sytle hairstyles, preferably in purple, too.
2. Need more photos of that sweet lookin photon launcher.

and uh... that's it.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 14, 2002, 07:09 PM
No ruins? you know what that says to me?

Ruins: New boss

Final area of episode 2: Dark Falz, perhaps a 5th form

Mag_Launcher
Jun 14, 2002, 08:54 PM
You know what that tells me? Doesn't tell me shit. Jonathan_F, don't get ahead of yourself here. This is a TRIAL version, it's not supposed to have all areas. Simply put, it's a friggin demo. So yes, you will see ruins, and yes, you will see the same cheap-ass Dark Falz as before. (in the final version, that is.)

Dangerous55
Jun 14, 2002, 09:10 PM
I love you wata. I need money, I need GC! And, I need to import!!

God I want this game! OK, I'll calm down, how about RAmar outfits? Could you put some pics of diffrent outfits.

Maybe you should have little sub section for each char, and diffrent outfits for them. Oh yea, how many english speaking people did you meet up with? Do you still start out with the same stuff? So many questions! Did you see any new weapons? Or new weapon classes? Like spears for example(I know there not in there but I mean like along with saber, partisan etc. etc.) Thank you wata!

DESSYX
Jun 14, 2002, 09:46 PM
I *heart* the Trial page. However, thumbnails for the images and pics of all the new characters with different configurations would be great. I'd also like to see some pics of the new weapons and the old ones that have been re-done.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 14, 2002, 10:45 PM
What's the name of that level that looks all deserted and stuff?

Dangerous55
Jun 14, 2002, 11:07 PM
On 2002-06-14 20:45, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
What's the name of that level that looks all deserted and stuff?

They all do, lol.

Rubesahl
Jun 14, 2002, 11:11 PM
-bows to Watashiwa- Thank you oh so much for the media your giving us >___<; You've helped me decide so much to order the final version import. Also, could you add a character creation vid of FOmar? I'd like to see mainly the hairstyles and the age thing.
Thanks

Greg
Jun 14, 2002, 11:37 PM
On 2002-06-14 18:54, Mag_Launcher wrote:
You know what that tells me? Doesn't tell me shit. Jonathan_F, don't get ahead of yourself here. This is a TRIAL version, it's not supposed to have all areas. Simply put, it's a friggin demo. So yes, you will see ruins, and yes, you will see the same cheap-ass Dark Falz as before. (in the final version, that is.)

You like to make friends huh?

DarthWufei
Jun 15, 2002, 12:03 AM
I was just about to comment on him Greg. He's such a bad person. Anywho

WATA ROCKS!!!!!!! @_______@

Mag_Launcher
Jun 15, 2002, 12:41 AM
Bad person because I tell the truth? pfft. Bad attitude, maybe. I'm bored, and I usually snap at a lot of people for something.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 15, 2002, 12:42 AM
wheres that ignore feature when you need it.

anyway i'm implying that perhaps ST has done something to Ruins that they want to hide it until the release, whether that be a new boss or something else.

faceless
Jun 15, 2002, 01:17 AM
thumbnails are a dumb idea, i'm gonna view al of the images anyway, no need for thumbnails, thy just get in the way and slow the loading down

TedEdFred
Jun 15, 2002, 04:46 AM
I like the movies. Screenshots are boring.

More RAmars please. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/love.gif

watashiwa
Jun 15, 2002, 07:01 AM
Haha, Ted. I haven't seen hardly ANY RAmars on the Trial.

BTW, guys, new images and movies just uploaded. Get 'em while they're hot.

Ouroboros
Jun 15, 2002, 07:49 AM
Could you make a Beach/Coast music file?

watashiwa
Jun 15, 2002, 09:59 AM
On 2002-06-15 05:49, Fat_Tony wrote:
Could you make a Beach/Coast music file?

Uh, it's already there.

Jungle uses the same music as High Mountain and the Coast.

Rubesahl
Jun 15, 2002, 10:25 AM
Domo arigatto watashiwa! Thank you so much for the FOmar character creation pics. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2002-06-15 08:27 ]</font>

Ouroboros
Jun 15, 2002, 10:35 AM
Really?

From a movie file I downloaded from IGN, I could have sworn the Jungle and Coast used different music.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 15, 2002, 11:29 AM
Dammit to hell, Wata, i requested some RAmarl char. creation coverage twice already. Although, good job with the FOmar stuff, looks good. *ahem* but still, you didn't fill the request.

Kupi
Jun 15, 2002, 12:47 PM
I second DESSYX's request: I'd like to see all the costumes for all the classes, though I'll admit that that'd be tons of work.

25 outfits for androids x four android classes = 100 pics
18 outfits for non-androids x eight non-android classes = 144 pics.

Maybe I ought to just wait until the game comes out and check for myself... O_x

Mag_Launcher
Jun 15, 2002, 01:19 PM
I could care less about costumes. I wanna see RAmarl's damn hair variants!

DarthWufei
Jun 15, 2002, 01:53 PM
Woohoo! I love the new vids, thanks wata! FOmar looks GREAT! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I don't think I have anything left to request, since I don't wanna spoil too much of the game. I have a question for you guys though. Are there bosses with every set of levels? Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dangerous55
Jun 15, 2002, 02:10 PM
RAmar...RAmar..nothing but RAmar!!!!

Tell me what movie thats from and you get yourself a nice prize.(RAmar wasnt actually the word, a diffrent one was...)

Ina
Jun 15, 2002, 02:36 PM
Any new weapon as in epi2 weapon? not upgrade of teh old one, so far ive only seen dragon slayer and those upgraded ones...
And yea....I know that'd require a lotsa work, but some piccies of HUcaseal's options(as in her char creation's options) will b nice, and if possible RAmarl as well >_<;;

watashiwa
Jun 15, 2002, 06:29 PM
There's been some rare item photos uploaded to the media page! :o

Parn
Jun 15, 2002, 07:20 PM
Would just like to say, awesome job with the movies.

TedEdFred
Jun 15, 2002, 07:38 PM
I LOVE the videos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/love.gif

Thank you watbigeiwa.

My favorite video was the one where Selena talks about finding an agito from some boss thing.

AynRand
Jun 15, 2002, 08:01 PM
I would'nt mind seeing some pics of the hucaseals outfit colors, I saw the fonewearls in the excellent character creation video.

How about a video of a battle mode level or a challenge mode level if it even has such modes?

faceless
Jun 15, 2002, 08:10 PM
just make a video of all the different character costumes

you should be able to do cycle all the costumes for one character in under 20 seconds or so, with some fancy editing, you could have 3 90 second videos of the costumes, one of the HU class one of the RA class on of the FO class...

inferno10
Jun 15, 2002, 10:58 PM
How about a tour of the "new" Pioneer 2?

LunarShadowX
Jun 15, 2002, 11:16 PM
Damn wata, you're pioneer2.net site has got incredible bandwidth. I average around 975 KB/s with Internet Explorer when downloading the movies from it.

Ian D
Jun 16, 2002, 01:11 AM
I say great work Watashiwa. I won't really request much, even though more character creation (I don't care what) would be good. Keep up the good work.

MetalGriever
Jun 16, 2002, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more HUcast paintjobs though.

Rubesahl
Jun 16, 2002, 02:23 PM
I'd like to see FOnewm's costumes.

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 17, 2002, 02:19 AM
What about memroy card selection, and split screen mode, and that special Challenge mode...

GhoStar
Jun 17, 2002, 04:33 AM
The "Special" Challenge mode will be in the final game, not the trial.

I think the trial only has Challenge 1.

Ina
Jun 17, 2002, 03:19 PM
ive got the playa from divx, but i cnat see the videos.... T-T any help? do i have to turn off the window media auto detect function(if tahts possible)? and when i clicked on mirror1, its ays riff? somethin somethin.... >_<

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 17, 2002, 05:07 PM
try windows media player instead of the playa

FinalMasterM
Jun 19, 2002, 04:03 AM
Nice videos Wata, I'd like to request a video of the new P2 (if its any different) and also a video of different rares being used (even the modified originals like the Visk).

blitzer03
Jun 19, 2002, 06:15 AM
Can you try to convert some files to windows media, I really dont feel like installing anything on my computer.
(Its almost full!!!)

That would be nice.

Sedyne
Jun 19, 2002, 07:02 AM
I want pics of MAGIC! and spells being casted. also some picture of your different menu selections would be nice just to see what were going to be handeling. and how it's different than the previous versions.

Wewt
Jun 19, 2002, 08:24 AM
I want a big mac....Since it's fair that everyone else is getting what they are demanding for.

MarkXIII
Jun 24, 2002, 02:28 PM
Anything new coming anytime soon?

Sleet1
Jun 24, 2002, 02:52 PM
i wanna see a Char Creation of the Fomar...or if possible all the new chars...

watashiwa
Jun 24, 2002, 02:56 PM
On 2002-06-24 12:28, MarkXIII wrote:
Anything new coming anytime soon?

Yeah, just been busy. I've taken some pics and a couple of videos. Just having uploaded them yet.

GhoStar
Jun 24, 2002, 03:06 PM
Hey wata, what's the cheating been like on the trial PSO?

Is it noticable in every game or just a rarity, or have ST actually done something about it? No one's said anything about it for quite a while.

MarkXIII
Jun 25, 2002, 11:21 AM
koo..

Take your time SSJWataTrunksGohanVegeta69420, we're not going anywhere. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AynRand
Jun 25, 2002, 12:08 PM
the previous videos were excellent i am looking forward to the next ones, not being able to play trial i am content with watching watas movies over and over and over.

Dangerous55
Jun 25, 2002, 12:40 PM
I want to see pictures of monkeys, that may have nothing to do with PSO gc trial. But damn, monkeys are awsome.

Malkavian
Jun 26, 2002, 08:36 AM
A spanish gaming site put a new of PSO Episode 1&2 with some links of the videos of new areas. I got quite disappointed lol, when i saw they were the videos here http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Darrin
Jun 26, 2002, 09:57 AM
I want to see some more of the Taris weapon.

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 10:04 AM
There will definitely be some new videos up before the end of today.

Sorry for the wait.
> Everybody.

The videos will be of a FOmar's unequipped attack animation and wielding the Taris. Another video will be of a HUcaseal using various special weapons. Finally the last video will be some animation of the Photon Launcher weapon being used by a RAmarl.

I might shoot more, but dunno. Stay tuned. ;o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 26, 2002, 02:26 PM
I downloaded the divx5.02 and I select mirror one for a blank screen with a riff thingy up top. Mirror two isnt working either. I'm a lil computer stupid so someone help meh!

watashiwa
Jun 26, 2002, 11:05 PM
I just uploaded the new movie and a couple of photos.

What do you guys think of the new movie?

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 27, 2002, 06:47 AM
1. very nice.
2. what song is that?

Malkavian
Jun 27, 2002, 12:52 PM
YAY Hucaseals uses slicer weapons very good!!!!!!
IN DC I'm used to do only the 2 first hit most the time because 3rd is ridiculously slow. But Hucaseal does 3rd hit even faster http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The katana that looks like an agito is longer, cool

LunarShadowX
Jun 27, 2002, 12:56 PM
Wata, the song in the wep video, it sounds familiar, is it from a game soundtrack or something?

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 01:03 PM
On 2002-06-27 10:56, Ramirez249 wrote:
Wata, the song in the wep video, it sounds familiar, is it from a game soundtrack or something?

Yep. It's also in my signature.

It's the "Shape Da Future" song from Jet Set Radio Future.

GhoStar
Jun 27, 2002, 01:40 PM
On 2002-06-24 13:06, Me, who is still waiting for an answer, wrote:

Is it noticable in every game or just a rarity, or have ST actually done something about it? No one's said anything about it for quite a while.
:D

watashiwa
Jun 27, 2002, 01:46 PM
On 2002-06-27 11:40, GhoStar wrote:

I dunno. I haven't seen any myself, just heard stuff.