PDA

View Full Version : Xbox offline worth it?

gray_
Jul 28, 2004, 07:00 PM
I was considering buying Ep 1+2 for xbox, as I currently own ver2 for DC.
However, I don't want to spend money on a HL(is it still around 10$?) or getting an Xbox live subscription(ain't I cheap). So iwas curious if the gameplay/features in ep1+2 are worth payin 20$ for getting it. Or should i just stick to DC?

As a side note, do I need a HL to play on the old DC servers?

HiroX
Jul 28, 2004, 07:28 PM
You need to have the Xbox-Live gamertag on your hard-drive to play PSOX.

RFB
Jul 28, 2004, 07:31 PM
Truth. The X-Box version is really sucky, in that matter. In order to just play offline, you need to have an active LIVE! account, that means, to religiously pay monthly.

gray_
Jul 28, 2004, 07:33 PM
whoa, thanks for the tip guys.
I will just stick to vr 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
is ep1+2 even that good?

stormie
Jul 28, 2004, 07:51 PM
i haven't played ver.2, but i absolutely love ep1&2. i just recently made the switch from GC to XBOX, but i wouldn't recommend it. so far the xbox version seems to be riddled with noobs and while the voice chat feature sounds like a great idea, it's very, very, very annoying.

gray_
Jul 28, 2004, 07:56 PM
version 2 is sorta bland, the main reason i wanted ep1+2 is the snazzy new items and classes (RAmar http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifrool: )

Zinger314
Jul 28, 2004, 08:11 PM
Truth. The X-Box version is really sucky, in that matter. In order to just play offline, you need to have an active LIVE! account, that means, to religiously pay monthly.

Not exactly. He can copy a Gamertag off of a friend Xbox. And you can use expried Gamertags offline.

gray_
Jul 28, 2004, 08:26 PM
On 2004-07-28 18:11, Zinger314 wrote:

Not exactly. He can copy a Gamertag off of a friend Xbox. And you can use expried Gamertags offline.

do tell, how can i copy a gamertag?

anwserman
Jul 28, 2004, 11:22 PM
Through the Dashboard. If my mind serves correct, you just go to the File Management section, choose the hard-disk, and then find said gamertag and copy it over onto a memory card.

And then, to get it to play PSO with, you pop the disc in, and when it asks to choose a gamertag, just select one of the four slots and select the second option (I forgot what it was titled.) Then browse for the gamertag on the mem card, and it will copy it over to the X-Box HD and you'll be able to play PSOX then.

AndyPandy
Jul 29, 2004, 06:18 AM
Interesting....I only bought my XBOX for LIVE.

Sitka
Jul 29, 2004, 11:20 AM
As an offline only player on the DC and the cube, I was very interested in trying the LIVE version of xbox PSO.

Once I did, I found gaming heaven.

True, the FSOD, the uber-hacker, the asshole-legits, the voice lag and all that shit is annoying as hell...

but, you have some awesome quests, you have Tower Runs, you have TTF's, you have c-mode and you have friends that are fun as hell to roll with and with the live chat, you have grand conversations as well (I'm Rick James, Bitch!!!). Chappelle will forever be a fixture of our online play.

So welcome to xbox, play offline for a while and get some characters ready and then join us online when you can - it is worth it, IMHO.

Swan
Jul 30, 2004, 10:34 AM
I just don't like XBOX in general, so I'd say no.

AndyPandy
Jul 30, 2004, 11:02 AM
On 2004-07-30 08:34, Swan wrote:
I just don't like XBOX in general, so I'd say no.

Why?

Alastor
Jul 30, 2004, 01:02 PM
I have an Xbox but I went with the GC version of PSO Ep. I&II for several reasons. 1. At the time that PSO Ep. I&II came out I did not have Live. 2. I found this story on IGN that compared screenshots of the Xbox and GC versions and the GC version actually has better graphics. 3. I like the GC controller better then the Xbox controller. I never plan on playing online so the fact that you have to buy a BBA for the GC does not mean nothing to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alastor on 2004-07-30 11:03 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 31, 2004, 07:45 PM
have you tried the xbox version with HDTV.. lol.

Try a HD hookup. That is.. if you have HD.

anwserman
Aug 1, 2004, 12:09 AM
Oh yes:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=87221&forum=1&0

gray_
Aug 1, 2004, 05:18 AM
Wow, suck that the only guy i know with a gamer tag lives in Toronto http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Maybe I can snag one from some not so close friends, thanks for the heads up.