PDA

View Full Version : XB-Challenge: E2C4-Finally

Shigecki
Jul 29, 2004, 10:15 AM
Let's get it on!

Sitka
Jul 29, 2004, 11:09 AM
That was fun last night with you, Sanzo and Bacon - but holy hell, that was tough.

Calling on all xbox c-mode players (including you Asia, you football fanatic!) time to get together and figure out stage 4.

Any of you cubers who have good maps and a good strategy for stage 4, Episode II, a little help here would be welcome. I got my Racast ass handed to me last night.

rena-ko
Jul 29, 2004, 11:31 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71496&forum=17&36

good luck, dont let yourself be scared

the most important parts are, area 23 - dark room - all should walk into the same direction and should stand on the same spot (according to all theories, this is the savest way).

area 26 - the fences in the middle of the way. one side is an invisible warp into a room with monsters, the other side isnt. if youre not sure which side to chose, walk along the fences with your start menu open. this should prevent you from warping.

make sure you know the olga tactics.
if you want to train, do a seabed run on normal.

the most important part is to know the easy pattern for form1 as well as how to dodge/evade the heaven rain in form2.

good luck

ah here, the maps
http://psoep.zdap.jp/challenge/index.html

(the very last link before "INDEX" leads you to the next page/area for that challenge stage map)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-07-29 09:41 ]</font>

Sanzo
Jul 29, 2004, 11:52 AM
ALRIGHT!!!, now we just need to get the 8 people the have done E2C3 on XB, form two groups and do this thing.

Sitka
Jul 29, 2004, 01:39 PM
Ok - rena-ko:

Thanks for the links and the awesome maps - I just wish I could read Japanese.

Those maps are the best I've seen - do they have similar maps for Ep 1?

Sanzo - even if we have to go with less than 4, I wouldn't mind getting in there and exploring that map a bit more if you're up. If we can get a full team, more's the better.

I spent some time looking through Jazhara's thread/walkthrough - very helpul - thank's much rena-ko.

I think for our first time through I will be most comfortable playing with my Racast or bringing my Racaseal through stages 1-3 to have her for 4. I can use either the Hucast or Hucaseal (I'm not comfortable enough with the force yet), but I think I will do better as a ranger the first time through. If we can redo the map a few times and try to get ahold of a Dark Sniper or Shot, that might make the trip a bit easier.

Thanks again rena-ko!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2004-07-29 12:14 ]</font>

Shigecki
Jul 29, 2004, 05:50 PM
On 2004-07-29 09:52, Sanzo wrote:
ALRIGHT!!!, now we just need to get the 8 people the have done E2C3 on XB, form two groups and do this thing.

LOL, so true, so true. But I think 8 may be a bit on the liberal side.

digigram
Jul 29, 2004, 09:31 PM
i'm not going to do 1-4 until 5 is out.

rena-ko
Jul 30, 2004, 08:09 AM
actually everything you must know is in jazhara's guide.

maybe some notes about japanese and the maps:
O means good
X means bad
(this is for the fence warps in the map of area26)

we have nice maps for ep1-cmode in psow's guide section (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php). they come with descriptions too.
(for some reason, psow lacks ep2c4 maps as do all english and even german or italian pso sites i know of)

once again, good luck with your runs

if you want to try and guess the meaning of the japanese texts, input the url into:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url

(the url goes into the text field)
(the default setup is english to japanese - switch the circle selection to the right option)
(the dropdown menu is a selection that lets you chose between translation and translation with original text - the default is the first one)
(if youre set, hit enter)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-07-30 06:15 ]</font>

Shigecki
Jul 30, 2004, 12:33 PM
Thanks rena-ko, I did check out those maps, the only problem is the Japanese to English translation. I may walk into a room with my force (one hit kill del biters, found that out the hard way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )and not supposed to be there, but at least it give a basic outline of were to go.

Again thanks, and wish us luck, we need it.

rena-ko
Jul 30, 2004, 12:47 PM
well, trust me, after a while you'll have memorized all biter rooms.
and as force, let the hucast go ahead to set off all booby traps ^_^

Sitka
Jul 30, 2004, 01:37 PM
Thanks rena-ko.

The maps, the guide, the suggestions - great!

Now we just got to get in there and have some fun!

Start working on your chart symbols Shigeki so we can figure our way around those maps!

0=good; X=bad:

What's the best TA time anyone's posted for epII, C4 and how did they do it? Ignore rooms, ignore boxes, team makeup, multiple resets of map? Just curious.

rena-ko
Jul 30, 2004, 02:22 PM
hm, best time i've seen is around 40... friend said recently, he played with a japanese who had 37 minutes.

with a very experienced team i once got to the bosswarp at 55min. we though got some boxrooms.

you can be happy with anything under 70 minutes. this should be your first goal.

in the end it all depends on knowledge of the map and the right weapons.

gream-green
Jul 30, 2004, 05:42 PM
On 2004-07-29 09:31, rena-ko wrote:
ah here, the maps
http://psoep.zdap.jp/challenge/index.html

I tried to translate this page as best I could rather poorly I must admit but I did it, Shigecki or Sitka or anybody if ya wanna PM me your email I will send you the attempted translation of the web page.

Shigecki
Jul 31, 2004, 04:51 PM
It seems harder than ever to get this thing going. There arn't enough people who have finished stage 3 of ep. II.

The other night four of I believe the 8 people who have finished stage three tried it, but failed.

Come on XBoxers, put down the hacks and find out what real PSO is all about, and do some c-moding, catch up with us, or find some people who have done the first three stages, and ask them for some help. If you do, just remember to listen and follow directions.

We need to get this thing done, I have five chars ready for stage 4, but can't do it all on my own.

So please, let's get this thing finished before stage 5 hits XBox.

Thanks.

ps. and by the by, thanks Gream, hopefully the tranlation will help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2004-07-31 14:52 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 31, 2004, 07:41 PM
I'd do C1 - 3 if someone would go through 1 2 3 with me..

I remeber sitka and I were trying to and someone kept dying so we never finished it.. then sitkla went and finished it with you guys.... I felt left out.. So eventually I lost interest

Shigecki
Jul 31, 2004, 11:44 PM
Just got to Olga, but died. What a bitch, four scapes and still beat us around like nothing, and didn't say he was sorry. Trying it again tonight, hopefully this is done.

And Digigram, I believe I have your card, and I know someone who wants to do stages 1-3, and I know Sitka does too, so we'll try and hook up and get you caught up, I have a FOnew that needs all the stages still.

Sitka
Aug 2, 2004, 09:37 AM
Yes, the c-mode thing is getting very frustrating.

That's true for both Ep. 1 and Ep. 2.

I've been playing some in Ep. 1 trying to get a few more characters through, but we always seem to 1) have someone blitz too quickly through mates/dolls and cost us before we finish or 2) have more than one leader/ego ending up in some sort of argument/dispute with someone just dc-ing in the middle of the game.

Ep. II, the frustration has more to do with the fact that only a handful of people have even attempted to get through the first three stages to be ready for stage 4. I only have one character ready and have been unable to get anyone to help me take my other characters through.

Unable to get any c-mode games going, I've gone back to leveling Sitka Blue D, hunting rares (pretty good lately, actually) and developing my other characters offline including raising several new mags.

Such is the current state of affairs on xbox.

And the new quest, Resting on the Beach, BLOWS!

Thank you ST.

chibiLegolas
Aug 5, 2004, 04:15 PM
Well hell yea! Lets get this epsII thing go'n!

I'm trying to get through 2&3, but we all know it's difficult to get a group together.

^_^'

And when I do find peeps to play cmode, they wanna do eps 1.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'm fine with eps1 too. But I'm way behind with epsII.
I've only done c1 and almost c3. Dam that boss!

I'm on about 4 days a week but only play late around 12-4am Eastern time.

Sanzo, let's try EpsII 3 again. We gotta get revenge on that griffon!
Bring Liquid Bacon, Snow, Cmode Only, Tony Saprono, Rei or whoever!
I just wanna get through all of this!
Then do them all over again!
^_^'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2004-08-05 14:37 ]</font>