PDA

View Full Version : The strangest decision

Primeval
Jul 29, 2004, 11:19 AM
Well.. my parents made the absolute strangest decision they've ever made... though I don't blame them...

But if Bush wins this next election, then my parents are moving to mexico (with me) GAH!

DruidMettool
Jul 29, 2004, 11:25 AM
Why not just go up to Canada? I hear it's a nice place

Primeval
Jul 29, 2004, 11:27 AM
On 2004-07-29 09:25, DruidMettool wrote:
Why not just go up to Canada? I hear it's a nice place

It's not my choice man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2004, 12:33 PM
Holy shit your parents are dipshits! Leaving your native country because they don't agree with the president? Wow, idiots.

Outrider
Jul 29, 2004, 01:41 PM
They're absolutely serious about it, or they were just joking?

WraithVerge
Jul 29, 2004, 01:42 PM
for the sake all things sane, I HOPE your parents are pulling your leg.

Leaving your native country because they don't agree with the president? Wow, idiots.

Well. Look at Great Britain. In history, many didn't agree with the ruling power at the time on religion, so many packed up and headed for the Americas.

But if Bush wins this next election, then my parents are moving to mexico (with me) GAH!

... but in this case, it's quite stupid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WraithVerge on 2004-07-29 11:47 ]</font>

tai_EX
Jul 29, 2004, 02:05 PM
WOW! yur parents r weirder then mine! sheeesh! 0_0!

Ketchup345
Jul 29, 2004, 02:29 PM
A few things:
1) I wouldn't really take Mexico as a first choice (and I'm sure many other would say the same), as said, Canada would be better most likely (especially if you don't speak any/much Spanish).

2) D55-
Many people have left their countries because they couldn't stand the leader. As said, people from Britain did it; people are doing it daily (just usually coming into the US).
If you couldn't stand what you saw as a leader that was leading your country to possible doom, and ignoring what is best for the citizens, wouldn't you leave the country, at least until a new leadership is installed? They are not idiots for disapproving of a president who many feel is doing a horrible job and wanting to get away from his leadership.

3) Is this your parents form of protesting Bush's actions? If so, this isn't the best way. Why not use traditional forms of protest (I'm sure you can gain tons of support, but it depends on what area of the country you are from).

4) Tai-
Was that necessary? It seems a lot like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif to me. Also, please type in proper English and spell the words as accurately as possible; remember there are many people here who do not have English as their first language, and "AOL talk" gives some "native" English speakers headaches and pisses others off.

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2004, 02:34 PM
Uh, modern America is not the same as Britian in the 17th and 18th centurys. Sorry, Bush has done nothing to warrant leaving your native land. Do what the Southerners did if you feel THAT strongly against Bush.

Ketchup345
Jul 29, 2004, 02:42 PM
On 2004-07-29 12:34, Dangerous55 wrote:
Uh, modern America is not the same as Britian in the 17th and 18th centurys. Sorry, Bush has done nothing to warrant leaving your native land. Do what the Southerners did if you feel THAT strongly against Bush.

It isn't the same, but people are angry at him and thinks he makes too many stupid mistakes.

You can't judge for others whether leaving your native land is justifiable or not. It is their decision. And anyway, how do you know they are origionally from the US? They may be immigrants.
Stop telling people how they should live their own lives.

Just because you think he is a good president doesn't mean that others think of him like that. I'm sure there are many people who regard him as one of the worst.

Modern America is not the same as old England, but if you don't like a leader, you should make the decision whether or not to leave your country. And people in this world are leaving their native countries every day for a better life, and some people believe that a better life does not include Bush with any kind of power over their lives and decisions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-29 12:44 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2004, 03:03 PM
On 2004-07-29 12:42, Ketchup345 wrote:

It isn't the same, but people are angry at him and thinks he makes too many stupid mistakes.

You can't judge for others whether leaving your native land is justifiable or not. It is their decision. And anyway, how do you know they are origionally from the US? They may be immigrants.
Stop telling people how they should live their own lives.

Just because you think he is a good president doesn't mean that others think of him like that. I'm sure there are many people who regard him as one of the worst.

Modern America is not the same as old England, but if you don't like a leader, you should make the decision whether or not to leave your country. And people in this world are leaving their native countries every day for a better life, and some people believe that a better life does not include Bush with any kind of power over their lives and decisions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-29 12:44 ]</font>

Where the hell am I telling people how to live their lives? People come on this forum themselves, I am not making anyone do anything.

I am not saying they can't leave or that in their head they are not doing the right thing. I am just saying I see no justification to leave under Bush. They do I guess, fine, but I think its stupid.

Oh I have no doubt people think he is a horrible President, how many of them would leave their country because of it?

Ketchup345
Jul 29, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-07-29 13:03, Dangerous55 wrote:
Where the hell am I telling people how to live their lives? People come on this forum themselves, I am not making anyone do anything.

I am not saying they can't leave or that in their head they are not doing the right thing. I am just saying I see no justification to leave under Bush. They do I guess, fine, but I think its stupid.

Oh I have no doubt people think he is a horrible President, how many of them would leave their country because of it?

Ok, bad choice of wording. Sorry about that.

You don't see a justification, but these people do, and I'm sure there are others out there who are thinking the same. They may want to live where their leader is not shoving his religion down their throats. They may also want a country where the leader keeps some of the more important promises and other sayings, taking away rights from people, etc.

I'm not sure of this, but obviously, Bush is that bad of a president that people are going to leave.

Point is, you shouldn't critisize people for their decision to leave the country if they can't stand the leader just because you think he's doing an ok job.

Guile
Jul 29, 2004, 05:51 PM
Sounds your like parents strongly hate Bush and his actions..hope everything turns out right, or you move to the good part of Mexico.

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2004, 06:17 PM
On 2004-07-29 13:44, Ketchup345 wrote:

You don't see a justification, but these people do, and I'm sure there are others out there who are thinking the same. They may want to live where their leader is not shoving his religion down their throats. They may also want a country where the leader keeps some of the more important promises and other sayings, taking away rights from people, etc.

I'm not sure of this, but obviously, Bush is that bad of a president that people are going to leave.

Point is, you shouldn't critisize people for their decision to leave the country if they can't stand the leader just because you think he's doing an ok job.

I criticize them because there not leaving Bush there leaving their country. Just doesnt seem right to me no matter the circumstances.

Ketchup345
Jul 29, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-07-29 16:17, Dangerous55 wrote:
I criticize them because there not leaving Bush there leaving their country. Just doesnt seem right to me no matter the circumstances.

They are leaving their country because of Bush. If they come back in January 2009 (under the condition that he is reelected), they would not really be leaving their country, just the leader.

If you were from Iraq (1970s time), you wouldn't leave Iraq if you could and come back when the current leader was out of power? You wouldn't try to leave North Korea and come back after Kim Jong Il?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-30 06:32 ]</font>

doubletake123
Jul 29, 2004, 06:32 PM
well you go live in mexico were everybody is drunk and poor or you move to canada and get drenched with our acid rain. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

darthsaber9x9
Jul 29, 2004, 07:40 PM

On 2004-07-29 13:44, Ketchup345 wrote:

wait just a second. I read this as some kind of ill-placed patriotism, or am I wrong. They are leaving their country. is that offensive or something, do you see it as some kind of disrespect to the country? if you do then well, i strongly disapprove.

if not then ignore what i said http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

oh yeh i would admit there arebetter countries to move to

Dangerous55
Jul 29, 2004, 08:30 PM
On 2004-07-29 16:24, Ketchup345 wrote:
They are leaving their country because of Bush. If they come back in January 2008 (under the condition that he is reelected), they would not really be leaving their country, just the leader.

If you were from Iraq (1970s time), you wouldn't leave Iraq if you could and come back when the current leader was out of power? You wouldn't try to leave North Korea and come back after Kim Jong Il?

No, I would fight back.

Primeval
Jul 29, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-07-29 16:24, Ketchup345 wrote:

They are leaving their country because of Bush. If they come back in January 2008 (under the condition that he is reelected), they would not really be leaving their country, just the leader.

Personally I dislike him, because he is a stupid dumbass (sorry 'bout language) but I don't think leaving the country is reasonable. Considering that if he is re-elected, he can only serve his next term of four years, and then he can't run for president again. (The maximum amount of years in office is eight; you can stay ten years though if you are elected for president via the line of sucsession, and then serve out the rest of the original presidents term.)

Oh yes and for those of you who don't know, those eight years are composed of two, four year terms (two terms; each one is four years in length)

Graptakular83
Jul 30, 2004, 03:46 AM
Hmm, i had a similar situation a long time ago. An aunt of mine wanted me to move to where she lived in mexico after the whole 9/11 thing so that i wouldnt be drafted! Jeez, the things people try to do. I wasnt gonna go run away, the US is what i know and the US is where im staying. Sure, maybe theres some nice european country or something thats "way better" or something, but i dont have the cash or connections to do much in europe. Theres gotta be a reason why people keep coming here, and i hope its not just in the name. Whats the point in staying when its good and running away when its bad. Last time i checked, i still have my basic civil rights, and unless theres a better reason than "i dont like the guy", like, "the govt is lynching everyone with certain beliefs or green shoes" i dont have a legit reason to go anywhere else.