PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for Forces

GS_Punk
Jul 29, 2004, 06:25 PM
When I started playing PSO, I knew I wanted to be a hunter. But now that I've played the game extensively, I felt the need to make a force. I gave a BUNCH of Force stuff and a mag with 110 mind over to my new force and began playing.

My question is: Why do Forces seem to get to Ultimate mode faster? I was thinking that maybe when you get to Ultimate mode you have enough TP and MST to cast MEGID a bunch or something of the likes. Are they really powerful enough to make into Ultimate mode that early?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GS_Punk on 2004-07-29 16:25 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 29, 2004, 06:33 PM
Half of it comes from the Forces abilities.

The other half comes from the fact that forces are usually seasoned players who know what they're doing and what to expect.

Extreme2
Jul 29, 2004, 06:39 PM
In my experience with my forces, especially when i was offline and had no help from ne one cuz my hunter was a skyly and doesnt find much force stuff to help. Starting off i found was a bit difficult with the low hp so i hunted down a god hp or 2 with my hunter. Hard and very hard mode, with the exception of falz, was relatively ez . Then ultimate wuz kinda difficult because the enemies were so much faster and stronger, etc, etc. As long as i could keep rabarta or whatever i needed going i wuz fine. I wuz screwed though if they managed to pin me, which didnt happen to often, but sucked when they did. lol

Yokoguy99
Jul 29, 2004, 07:13 PM
i play as a force. i think that they r okay but the reason they get to ultimit faster is becaue with the spells monters die faster

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 29, 2004, 07:39 PM
On 2004-07-29 16:25, GS_Punk wrote:
My question is: Why do Forces seem to get to Ultimate mode faster? I was thinking that maybe when you get to Ultimate mode you have enough TP and MST to cast MEGID a bunch or something of the likes. Are they really powerful enough to make into Ultimate mode that early?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GS_Punk on 2004-07-29 16:25 ]</font>

Well, as stated earlier, techs are the key. If given high level techs, some hp units, and a mind mag, any force can blow through normal, hard, and very hard. Also, it's not that much faster. And about megid, you should only use it if you have level 20 or higher, preferably 25+ and are playing in episode II.

Tycho
Jul 29, 2004, 08:33 PM
Well, yea, techs make it easier. And Resta / Deband / Jellen. At L56 I unlocked Ult, with a few scapes and mainly crap rares, wasn't online yet (until after I had beaten ult ep 1 and 2! >_>).

But I might disagree with techs doing more damage; -especially- in multi, my damage is neglectible (due to my L30 Shifta / Zalure, but aw well).

Oh, and megid? All the stuff you'd really wanna megid has at least 100 resistance to it...