PDA

View Full Version : Item: Yasha

Sagebeat
Jul 29, 2004, 11:32 PM
So, I was thinking about trying to create a Sange Yasha combination, before I knew about the Yasha drop rate. Im skyly so getting Sange was easy enough (1/2 drop off of Mils on episode one). But then I checked around and found out only Viridia and Skyly can get it, Skyly: 1/24,000, Viridian(spelled right?): 1/64,000! Of course this depressed me -.- . I was wondering if any other players that have gotten this sword could post there expirience finding it, accident or no, so I can still hold onto some shred of hope.

Tycho
Jul 30, 2004, 12:56 AM
Welcome to PSOW.
It's true Sange's not that hard, but Yasha is hell. Ice Spinner runs on a Viridia might be doable, with 125 Melqueeks per run, you could have it in -just- a few hundred runs.

By the way, try not to double post.

Sagebeat
Jul 30, 2004, 01:02 AM
Thanks. Im not sure how I double posted there, but I apologize >.<. I think ive seen Ice spinner on the site somewhere, its an online quest right? Im currently offline, so I guess Skyly would be more suited? or should I look around for a usb memory card and try to download the quest for a fee?

rena-ko
Jul 30, 2004, 06:26 AM
it takes around 1/550 IS runs to reach a 1/1 chance on a yasha.
get a good team and you can do one run in around 40 minutes.

if youre hunting it from belra, it will take around 4 times as much runs to get a 1/1 chance (belra route in fami temple, then quit). using fami for that purpose takes around the same time as the IS runs would.

however, i dont know the overall droprates of those monsters, so you might be more lucky with the belras.

melqueeks may be more in number but have one of the worst droprate in total. only 15% of them drop anything as far as i remember. thats why they have such an insanely low rate.

for breaks inbetween, i'd suggest you pipe for a sange with at least 20 hit. anything under that would waste the yasha in most people's eyes.

(the hit and percents of that weapon you hold while merging them will carry over to the s&y)

in the end, best of luck, you'll need it.

Cc08
Jul 30, 2004, 09:25 AM
You said you were offline only? Basically, you have no hope at a Yasha unless you
a) get a lucky drop
b) spend a lot of time doing runs

heyf00L
Jul 30, 2004, 12:33 PM
Offline = no chance

Sitka
Jul 30, 2004, 01:05 PM
There is some hope.

I got my Yasha OFFLINE from a Skyly Belra.

Wasn't expecting it, it just dropped - best find ever for me and I've logged all total about 3000 hours in PSO (DC, GC, Xbox).

I had previously traded for a legit Sange & Yasha for some really good items, thinking I would never be able to find them. Got the Sange about 3 days ago from a Mil Lily, so I now have 2 pairs - who would have thunk it! Of course, I don't have a single character who can even think of equipping it, so they're in the bank waiting for some time down the road.

Inspired by Kef's post, my next project after finishing Sitka Blue D (196 last night), will be to raising my Whitil FOnewm who WILL track down a legit Guld-Milla combination. For laughs, I'll hunt down Prophets of Motav and Evil Curst with my other chars and then I can get flamed for being un-legit in every game I play. Now THAT's something to look forward to.

So, if you really want something, forget the drop rates and go play - lots - where you have a chance of it dropping. That's what I did and now I'm four levels away from 200!!! Go me!

Tycho
Jul 30, 2004, 01:31 PM
Wow, two S&Y's is pretty cool..
Good luck with the other hunts, that's gonna be quite hard. o_O;
Evil curst isn't even good, but I guess it's worth it if noone will believe you're legit anymore. xD
Too bad searching for an invis guard doesn't give any xp. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Oh, maybe I should change the yasha in my guide too.. Never put too much thought into it, but I guess it should be listed in both ID's.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 30, 2004, 02:32 PM
Sitka, whats the percents on the sange you are going to use?? I would wait until you get a REALLY good sange

Sitka
Jul 30, 2004, 06:04 PM
Yes, the Sange I got the other day had no percents - so it sits untekked in the bank with the Yasha.

I will hold off combining the S&Y until 1) I have a hunter that can equip them and 2) I find a Sange with good percents, particularly hit. The Yasha has no percents either.

The pair that I traded for has 20% on machine I think. I'll have all four hunters when I'm done, so I can equip two of them with the S&Y and not worry about swapping equipment back and forth.

Now, for that Guld-Milla - go Whitil!

doubletake123
Jul 30, 2004, 07:13 PM
have fun sitka and more power to ya. Well i have a yasha got it on a lucky drop but it had no percents
-_- and the same luck with my sange. >.< But it's a pretty cool weapon i have a unligit with one with hit and it a awesome weapon. I have not played pso for a while :/ and my lvl 112 hunney and my racast got corrupted so ive got another hucast im working cuz imho hucasts are the most fun and the cooliest class. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Sagebeat
Jul 31, 2004, 04:48 PM
Thnks for the encouragement, ill keep trying. ^_^ I heard the Asuka (Think thats right, red twin swords?) have a chance of getting a better attack power and arent as hard to get. But the special is only fire. :/ Should I try to get a pair of those to hold me over? Either way im still going after S&Y simply for style.

Oh, btw. Im lvl 87 HUmar and getting my ass raped in the mines in the first godamn room...damn gillchichs...so I wont be getting the Asuka anytime soon either. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sagebeat on 2004-07-31 14:49 ]</font>

Cc08
Jul 31, 2004, 05:56 PM
Thnks for the encouragement, ill keep trying. ^_^ I heard the Asuka (Think thats right, red twin swords?) have a chance of getting a better attack power and arent as hard to get. But the special is only fire. :/ Should I try to get a pair of those to hold me over? Either way im still going after S&Y simply for style.
Nope, they have less ATP, but are many times easier to obtain. Their ATP is great, and if you are offline only, then I would suggest an Asuka.