PDA

View Full Version : AWSOME IDEA: READ NOW

YodaSmack
Jul 30, 2004, 08:40 PM
THIS IDEA IS A KILLER ONE!!!!

Ok heres my idea: what if someone were to make some kind of program that executes scripts to make your character (for example) do the forest of sorrow quest and get to the room with the 4 bears, then have it set on a certain location to start pipin till a a blue or tor shows up, then have it kill the monster and pick up the goods, then once your inventory is full it will deposite all of your un-tekked items in the bank. This should work much like the Diablo 2 mf bots(mephisto etc...). Im sure some of u guys have played diablo 2 and herd of mf bots. This program would be java and do everythign i just explained ON ITS OWN. unfortunatly i dont have a computer built yet so i cant try to make anything like it and test it. Tell me what u guys think of this great idea!!!!

KaFKa
Jul 30, 2004, 08:58 PM
kid, PSO isnt D2. get that through your skull.

and bots are impossible to do for this game anyways, its more complex than any of the games you probably have played. go back and have fun with your hacked items and duped BOTDs, because we'll all be laughing at you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-07-30 18:59 ]</font>

YodaSmack
Jul 30, 2004, 09:02 PM
jokes on u punk i dont play online so there would be no reason for me to dupe in the first place. hey it was just a thought, no harm done

KaFKa
Jul 30, 2004, 09:04 PM
wether or not you play online or not my point still stands...

YodaSmack
Jul 30, 2004, 09:06 PM
tushay

anwserman
Jul 30, 2004, 09:16 PM
Tell me what u guys think of this great idea!!!!

Corrected your post.
Anyway, I don't discussion of bots such as this is legal on this site.

Zinger314
Jul 30, 2004, 09:17 PM
1. This shouldn't be in cheating.

2. Atleast try to make your thoughts a bit more reasonable, mmkay? Also, it's difficult to put a Java program on a game console.

Tycho
Jul 30, 2004, 11:40 PM
Why don't you just hack the rares or get duped ones? You mean if this were to work, you would say you got the items in a legitimate way or something? Pardon me, but I think it's not. So why bother using this way? It can be a lot easier to get stuff in an unfair way..

YodaSmack
Jul 31, 2004, 11:45 AM
ok ok, i know nothing about pso outside of about 150+ of offline play and iv only recently discovered this site, lol i didnt realize a post like this would piss everyone off

Evergea
Jul 31, 2004, 01:02 PM
If you use a bot, do you really deserve a rare? You didn't find it, some script did.

Making a javascript for a console... kind of a waste of time.

Graptakular83
Jul 31, 2004, 03:48 PM
I think ive seen a bot on PSO. Dont remember the guy, but it seemed to work rather well. All it did was run circles around me, but the owner said that it could obliterate me in a challenge. Anyways, the bot only did what it was told, one command at a time, so i dont know if its possible to do all the stuff mentioned above.

Evergea
Jul 31, 2004, 04:54 PM
On 2004-07-31 13:48, Graptakular83 wrote:
I think ive seen a bot on PSO. Dont remember the guy, but it seemed to work rather well. All it did was run circles around me, but the owner said that it could obliterate me in a challenge. Anyways, the bot only did what it was told, one command at a time, so i dont know if its possible to do all the stuff mentioned above.

On the old IO server (Io 1-1), there was a FOmarl that was named Cacao, always at lvl 166. Lots of people said it was a bot designed to prevent Fsod. Others said it was a user using a rubber band on the controller to keep from disconnecting.

Cacao was usually up against the wall next to a transporter. Very rarely did I see her in any other place. One friend said she was moving around and at one point entered a game.

Pretty freaky.

Eanae
Aug 1, 2004, 02:27 PM
On 2004-07-30 19:16, anwserman wrote:

Tell me what u guys think of this great idea to piss everyone off because I'm to lazy to do something for myself!!!!

Corrected your post.
Anyway, I don't discussion of bots such as this is legal on this site.

Corrected your correction http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Lenard
Aug 12, 2004, 11:46 PM
never the less an interesting idea if u ask me, makes me wonder if it would be possible because it would be a game console to a possibly more complex program written on a comp, which brings up the question of how this would be hooked up.

Getintothegame
Aug 13, 2004, 01:30 AM
Isn't botting against rules on many video games?

Eanae
Aug 13, 2004, 10:51 AM
On 2004-08-12 23:30, Getintothegame wrote:
Isn't botting against rules on many video games?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smilejap.gif It is on every video game that I know of.

KaFKa
Aug 13, 2004, 10:51 AM
lenard, why did you bump a thread thats been dead for 11 days...?

Lenard
Aug 13, 2004, 12:49 PM
i didnt know it was dead and i had no intention to bump it, i was just reading thru the forums and decided this was interesting so i gave my 2 cents.

Garanz2
Aug 13, 2004, 02:35 PM
Great idea? I suppose you're the first one ever to think of it.

klepto
Aug 14, 2004, 03:49 PM
I would love to see ANYONE write a piping script. There are so many variables to take into account. Just an example... You'd have to enter the xyz coordinates of each monster that could possibly be a rare one when you next pipe. Then, if its say a Mill, you'd have to do a check on what monster it was, then if it WAS a mill, you'd have to set up a script to kill it. The kicker here is that if you did it on a MOVING enemy, the script would be so insanely complicated with the different moving patterns of the monster you were trying to kill that... by the time you wrote the script, you could've already piped for the damn thing.

digigram
Aug 14, 2004, 04:46 PM
not to continue to bump this, but I just wanted to clear something up.. A script to find (repeatedly and automatically) rare enemies/rares, would be the more complicated part. not really though, it would just be retarded... as for the following a moving enemy and identifying it..... have you ever played HalfLife, Quake3?

write a layer of code onto the piping bullshit, have it scan and identify particular names/ID of said enemy, lock onto it and kill it.. no too hard..

now. even though the auto-ident/lock thing 'might' work, hyou'd still be killed because you'd be trying to get an enemy that would most likely kill you before you even had a chance to say "oh shit, a hildetorr".

bad idea.. lock this thread.

heyf00L
Aug 14, 2004, 08:23 PM
Well then just make it pipe until a rare enemy appears. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Actually botting is cheating so you might as well get a dupe of the weapon you want.

Eihwaz
Aug 15, 2004, 12:07 AM
Instead of going to all this trouble, just go get a dupe of the damn weapon. Jesus.

_Tek_
Aug 20, 2004, 01:55 AM
I've heard of something like this, but it was for PSO on PC. Some people were thinking of making a lobby bot that would Ban people trying to NOL others, or FSOD, on their pc private servers.

KaneKahn
Aug 20, 2004, 03:24 AM
Well I was going to post something but looks like everything has already been said that needed to http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kadavreski
Aug 20, 2004, 03:37 AM
you see, st should take this into account. WHERE ARE THE GMS? WHERE? I DON'T SEE ANY!

thats why we're going through all this crap about "lets make a bot!" and "OMFG I R TEH GONNA FSOD j00!"