PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft 3

Armok
Jul 31, 2004, 12:06 PM
Anyoen play this online ever. I just got it on pc and want to try it online some time with someone who won't just rush me call me a n00b and ruin the whole experience. Feel free to beat my ass though as long as you give me some pointers.

I can do either the original or FT no mind.

Shattered_weasel
Jul 31, 2004, 12:48 PM
I used to play it until my mom sprayed some perfume while it was sitting on the desk. Needless to say it ended up in the microwave. But in the time I could play it it was really fun.

Zaneatron
Jul 31, 2004, 12:58 PM
Solstis and Myself played it the other day. We could get a custom game set up, cause of firewalls we suspect, so we joined other peoples games.

Coyboy is also "hopefully" getting DSL soon, so he can then join us.

Me and solstis aint the best in the world, well im definately not, and solstis hasnt played properly in about a year, so were both pretty n00by ourselves http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Armok
Jul 31, 2004, 01:02 PM
I'd love to play a couple of the pso world regulars. I aint too good though. Watched afew of vet matchs to see at least the general strat used so I should not be totally shit. Which of the battle net servers you on Zane. Some 2 on 2 would be really fun with some other kinda newbies.

Solstis
Jul 31, 2004, 01:43 PM
Zane, don't make us look TOO good. I'm not even at n00b level, tho I am pimp at liquid tower defense http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

I love that map (seem to be more games on Azeroth).

Armok
Jul 31, 2004, 01:54 PM
Can't be as bad as I am just got beaten (lol) by norm cpu despite having them total powned till forgot to build any replacement troops.

Still PM me if you guys wanna play.

Basically any time I'm active on pso world I'm availble to play

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Armok on 2004-07-31 12:00 ]</font>

Cowboy
Jul 31, 2004, 02:01 PM
On 2004-07-31 10:58, Zaneatron wrote:

Coyboy is also "hopefully" getting DSL soon, so he can then join us.

COWBOY! GRR@

and its still not here, and that emans its a week late...

And warcraft 3 is REALLY hard to get at first, but once you play it a little, it becomes alot easier. just remember that hotkeys are your best friend, and DONT throw away the little pamplets that come with the game, you WILL WANT TO KNOW THE TECH TREE AND HAVE IT HANDY.

Armok
Jul 31, 2004, 02:07 PM
I know the tech tree pretty well (although didnt get any booklet cos it was a ebay buy). I just have a habit of totally forgetting my base once I start attacking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif . Oh and also forgetting to use Town Portal spells when a battle starts to turn against me.

Still I was getting beaten confortably by easy cpu last week so I am improving some what.

Solstis
Jul 31, 2004, 02:31 PM
On 2004-07-31 12:07, Armok wrote:
I know the tech tree pretty well (although didnt get any booklet cos it was a ebay buy). I just have a habit of totally forgetting my base once I start attacking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif . Oh and also forgetting to use Town Portal spells when a battle starts to turn against me.

Still I was getting beaten confortably by easy cpu last week so I am improving some what.

I do that all the time.

I'm either losing a battle b/c I'm watching my base, or I lose my base because I'm watching the battle.

Scrub
Jul 31, 2004, 04:44 PM
I mainly just play DotA on Reign of Chaos...but if anyone wants to, I guess I could play the normal mode sometime.o_o

Name's Praetorian-

KaFKa
Jul 31, 2004, 04:50 PM
i sometimes play wc3.

when i do, its frozenthrone. and never normal games, i usually play either DotA, enfo's, or any of the innumerable "xxxx-mauls"

Armok
Jul 31, 2004, 05:00 PM
On 2004-07-31 14:50, KaFKa wrote:
i sometimes play wc3.

when i do, its frozenthrone. and never normal games, i usually play either DotA, enfo's, or any of the innumerable "xxxx-mauls"

Sorry to ask but whats DotA as I haven't played online and didnt get a Manuel.

Solstis
Jul 31, 2004, 05:19 PM
On 2004-07-31 15:00, Armok wrote:

On 2004-07-31 14:50, KaFKa wrote:
i sometimes play wc3.

Sorry to ask but whats DotA as I haven't played online and didnt get a Manuel.

A user created map, it won't be in there.

Mue
Aug 1, 2004, 08:12 PM
I used to play a lot. I don't play as much anymore due to the fact that I don't know anyone who plays. Therefore, most of my time is just spent BSing people.

Primeval
Aug 1, 2004, 08:21 PM
On 2004-08-01 18:12, Mue wrote:
I used to play a lot. I don't play as much anymore due to the fact that I don't know anyone who plays. Therefore, most of my time is just spent BSing people.

Eh... well at least you're honest about it. But if you don't know many people who play, then go online and make some friends! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mue
Aug 1, 2004, 08:26 PM
I've had the game forever so most people who I enjoyed playing with moved on. Most of the people online are just stupid, though. I'd rather play with people I know.