PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Caves?

Akulamenuri
Jul 31, 2004, 12:33 PM
A few days ago I was in Caves 1 playing with one of my friends, this guy comes in the room and asks what area we're in. I say the caves and he says "No Thanks, I HATE the Caves" and then leaves, a few minutes later someone else came in and did exactly the same thing. Im not wild about caves myself but do people really hate the caves that much, or was it just those 2 people that wanted to join my game? Comments because this baffles me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

tai_EX
Jul 31, 2004, 12:44 PM
uhmmmm.. well in ultimate the caves can be quite annoying, but i dont hate it.. i do hate the lilys with their dammed MEGID! AAAUGH!! theyre sooo much more annoying in epII tho.. the place i dont like at the moment is the mines... i cant stand the mines..

ugh..

Zarode
Jul 31, 2004, 12:54 PM
GAH! I HATE CAVES! Ya, it's true. Long, boring ol' caves...neh...2-whatever (caves government quests) suxor!

Look, I sumed it up in a sentence or two...give me PD. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Evergea
Jul 31, 2004, 12:58 PM
There isn't very much about caves that is "interesting". The music is dreary (really only fits caves 2 or 3), and is considered the worst in Episode 1 and V2.

It's considered the longest and most tedious area to complete.

In Ult mode, and this is probably the killer (literally), is the Ob Lillies. Even if you are keeping an eye out for them, on a bad day you'll get picked off by their megid frequently.

The only thing that saves caves from being a disgrace is the battle with Del Rol Le. Da Ral Lie is a poor excuse for a boss battle (looks... weird).

Zarode
Jul 31, 2004, 01:26 PM
On 2004-07-31 10:58, Evergea wrote:
The only thing that saves caves from being a disgrace is the battle with Del Rol Le. Da Ral Lie is a poor excuse for a boss battle (looks... weird).

Naaahhh, Da Ral Lie is awesome, he is mostly random (kinda), that makes him a challenge for most n00bs. >:]

Evergea
Jul 31, 2004, 02:05 PM
Yes, he tends to be random (to an extent), but for the most part he is just annoying and overpowered. If you don't have a good enough weapon, he's hard to take down, very hard, even for an experienced user.

The irony is I rarely find weapons with caves percents on them in Ult mode.

Nai_Calus
Jul 31, 2004, 02:09 PM
...Dude, Dal Ra Lie is even more predictable than Dark Falz' last form. Random my ass. O_o;

Solstis
Jul 31, 2004, 02:13 PM
Caves 3 I don't mind, and 2 neither.

Caves 1 though... agh... so boring and mindless. I find Spaceship more interesting!

rena-ko
Jul 31, 2004, 02:16 PM
caves is cool, caves is awesome! beautiful! the music is veeery good and whats the problem with ob lillies? they dont move, they only shoot now and then. its like a very easy version of chess. and good exp there as well.

just a matter of skill and preparation

Vroomfondel
Jul 31, 2004, 02:21 PM
On 2004-07-31 12:13, Solstis wrote:
Caves 3 I don't mind, and 2 neither.

Caves 1 though... agh... so boring and mindless. I find Spaceship more interesting!

Actually I find the view from the spaceship quite enjoyable http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarode
Jul 31, 2004, 02:22 PM
On 2004-07-31 12:09, Ian-KunX wrote:
...Dude, Dal Ra(ti) Lie is even more pr(ati)edictable than D(it)ark F(r)a(ti)lz' l(r)a(ti)st for(ati)m. Ra(ti)ndom my (r)a(ti)ss. O_o;

:3 I know...I just mean the Random n00b Doom beam. X3 He is way predictable, der. Most bosses are...

Got Rati?

jk, I couldn't resist...

digigram
Jul 31, 2004, 02:42 PM
I'm a redria hucast...

just try and tell me the caves suck!

Yes, he tends to be random (to an extent), but for the most part he is just annoying and overpowered. If you don't have a good enough weapon, he's hard to take down, very hard, even for an experienced user.

The irony is I rarely find weapons with caves percents on them in Ult mode.

On my own, when I was at lvl 100-105, I could take out dal ra lie by the second time she jumped on ship.

Now at only 115, me and one person can take it out and have it dead by the time it jumps on the first time.. causing it to jump on and immediately fall off.

even though Vol opt is the easiest, the worm is pretty damned easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-31 12:46 ]</font>

Evergea
Jul 31, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-07-31 12:42, digigram wrote:

On my own, when I was at lvl 100-105, I could take out dal ra lie by the second time she jumped on ship.

Now at only 115, me and one person can take it out and have it dead by the time it jumps on the first time.. causing it to jump on and immediately fall off.

even though Vol opt is the easiest, the worm is pretty damned easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-31 12:46 ]</font>

I'm refering to the PSO v2 for the Dreamcast. Ult level enemies where overpowered for it, Da Ral Lie especially. A lv 145 Racaseal with a 40% caves red handgun still requires some time against that worm. Without the gun, he's a really pain (very lengthy) to even kill. A good full team is needed to take him down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evergea on 2004-07-31 14:55 ]</font>

TatuPreb119
Jul 31, 2004, 05:16 PM
The caves is the only level that puts me asleep I just can't stand the length combined with the music and you got me snoring.. but on a sidenote ---I do like the looks..

BlazingTiger
Jul 31, 2004, 05:33 PM
Caves are the least favorite of stages I believe. I don't EVER remember doing caves online unless if it was challenge mode or some quest. *Oh, one time three of my buddies cleared forest to ruins in one afternoon (DC servers with spread needles http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), that is the only other time I can remember brushing through caves online.

Swan
Jul 31, 2004, 05:56 PM
whatws wrong with the caves? three words: De Rol Le.

Nai_Calus
Jul 31, 2004, 06:13 PM
I loathe and despise Caves with a burning passion. It's too long, the experience is too drek, the enemies are always annoyingly spread apart, leaving you to pick them off individually, wasting time, or run around to gather them up to attack with partisans, wasting time. The music is extremely boring and doesn't fit anything but Cave 3. Cave 2 is OK-looking, and the rooms in Cave 3 on Ult with the purple crystals in the walls are nice, but other than that it's also exceedingly boring. Very dull colour scheme, very dull environments. Most section IDs also have a mediocre Caves at best.

That, and people I knew kept wanting me to do VIRIDIA Ice Spinner with them. I loathe Ice Spinner even more than I loathe normal Caves. And VIRIDIA Caves has rather slim pickings. The few decent drops I already had, and I REALLY don't want to do it ten billion times while someone looks for a fucking Yasha. >_>; It's like asking someone to do PURPLENUM Temple Runs with you. *shudder*

Maybe if people went for runs of it on IDs where it was worth doing, but no. All everyone ever wants is a fucking Yasha, which means Ice Spinner and stuff I'm bored of. I didn't want the FIRST Red Sword I got, I already have two Red Partisans, etc. >_>

Oh wait, no such thing as a 'good' Caves. They're all lame. >_>; Never mind then. XP

Yeah. I don't do Caves unless I have no choice whatsoever. I'll sit in a game feeding my mag before I'll do Caves.

What I want to know is what's so fucking wrong with the entirety of Episode 2 that nobody ever wants to do it. Sure, you'll get plenty of Tower, but how often do you find a Temple or CCA or even Seabed game? -_-; Spaceship sucks, so I don't care about it. XP

Eihwaz
Jul 31, 2004, 06:38 PM
Caves is more tolerable online, but it's definetly my least favorite level. The music is blah, the enemies are hard to gather up to use partisans or whatever on, and the level itself is too long, and looks boring.

I wouldn't mind doing runs of it online for some Red Daggers, Red Partisan, or maybe Demolition Comet, but I loathe doing it solo, it puts me to sleep. >_<

Sayara
Jul 31, 2004, 06:49 PM
I wonder if anyone will mention the major loss of Antidotes/ Anti Parylsis/Sol Atomizers from your friendly lilies...

And pretty much. Honeslty. De Rol Lei wipes the floor as one of the hardest bosses out there. Minus Gol Dragon or Flowly.

And most of the Boss Drops here are udder crap. I think Greenill gets Holy Ray (for Ult) but thats about it. I also know Redria gets a Slicer and Purple gets a Mech! DX

Jess_01
Jul 31, 2004, 07:13 PM
I dislike the caves too
I had a sooo hard time with my Fonewm in the caves(I played him 'til level 19 and couldn't beat de rol le,the caves were the reason I stopped playing,it wasn't fun anymore,well...the game wasn't fun at all for me,because he was so weak,had nearly no health and TP is expensive)

today I started to play again,but with a HUcast and it's easier to fight the enemies with a lvl 7 HUcast(the dragon was no match for me,I beat him with lvl 4) than with a lvl 19 FOnewm

hunters(cast/caseal) are really the best class for me
it's just fun to play
unfortunately I play DC,first version and can't take a HUcaseal(HUcasts are great,but I prefer the caseal,because it has better EVP)

Piranha_Man
Jul 31, 2004, 10:10 PM
On 2004-07-31 15:56, Swan wrote:
whatws wrong with the caves? three words: De Rol Le.

On 2004-07-31 16:49, Tingle wrote:

And pretty much. Honeslty. De Rol Lei wipes the floor as one of the hardest bosses out there. Minus Gol Dragon or Flowly.

What is so hard about Del Rol Le? I think he is one of the easiest bosses there is. He's easier than every Ep. 2 boss, easier than Falz, and in Ult even easier than Vol Opt.

PyroticTigerX
Jul 31, 2004, 11:18 PM
what are you talking about?

it took ages (literally, 3 hours) to beat the worm offline on ulti, then took all of 8 to 10 minutes to beat the damned computer virus

the caves real problem is that it's not stimulating enough to venture through it, and the scenery changes way too much, from a volcano to a very cool wet cave to part mines? sega lost consistancy alot

that's kinda sad too, usually 'caves' are the best kinda dungeons in a game, PSO turned the caves into a bitter mess, no one gets really good stuff in the caves, except for maybe Redria, who gets the easiest Lavis Cannon (heck, they get the best of everything in the right spots -.-)

what else is there to say... hmmm

Slimes are pitiful, they rarely get to hit you and you only get to hit them once, Pan Arms is the same way, they can't do ANYTHING to you until they split, more time wasted, the fodder sharks are just like the booma fodder the level above, grass assassins are terribly easy, the nano dragons aren't much better, lillies hafta be the most interesting and powerful things in there, and N-VH modes they can't do anything to androids! Ultimate mode is a joke though, Megiding plants? -.- sure they're immoblie, sure you can dodge or get out of range, but I shudder whenever I hear the 'shink!' of when a wave hits me

anwserman
Aug 1, 2004, 12:16 AM
Yeah, caves sucks ass.
But then again, looking at it... so does every single level in the whole friggin' game except for forest.

Now, why do I dare say such a shocking statement? Because Forest is the fucking smallest level in the whole game! I mean, do we really, really need three expansive levels for a stupid cave for Rico to give these messages? No, not really.

Sonic Team would have been MUCH MUCH MUCH better off if they'd would have made each level small like the Forest (exception being CCA because thats like four small levels combined... just lessen the Gees) and have 7 or 8 stages in each Episode.

I don't know about you, but I like the challenge presented in Ruins and Seabed, but it starts to suck when you're in Ultimate and the same enemies end up whipping your ass over and over... after room after room... and you realize you just played for a couple hours and just getting to Falz and Olga Flow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2004-07-31 22:18 ]</font>

Skorpius
Aug 1, 2004, 01:51 AM
On 2004-07-31 12:16, rena-ko wrote:
caves is cool, caves is awesome! beautiful! the music is veeery good and whats the problem with ob lillies? they dont move, they only shoot now and then. its like a very easy version of chess. and good exp there as well.

just a matter of skill and preparation

<3
I couldnt have said it better myself, but I will add.
Ultimate cave is perfect. You dont need a spectacular setting to distract you form megid, and if you dont like the music, how difficult is it to pick up a Disk from Gallon? :/

Caves is fun for me, Ice Spinner/EN2/Addicting Foods, yumyumyum, and it isnt even for the drops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zarode
Aug 1, 2004, 02:28 AM
Whatever. All I know is that I have done enough Caves runs to last a lifetime. XP Caves = boring.

Plus, on BB, when you die, you lose EXP, a lot of EXP depending what level you are...

AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE A LOT! >O<

So when Ult/Megid comes...well...>O<'

MitsukoSouma
Aug 1, 2004, 05:17 AM
Caves is my least favourite level on PSO but I still do it occasionly.

Jess_01
Aug 1, 2004, 10:37 AM
On 2004-07-31 22:16, anwserman wrote:
Sonic Team would have been MUCH MUCH MUCH better off if they'd would have made each level small like the Forest (exception being CCA because thats like four small levels combined... just lessen the Gees) and have 7 or 8 stages in each Episode.

moi agrees

there could have been more stages than 4,but every stage shorter(that would have been better for the FOs,because they wouldn't have to make the forest over and over again until they're strong enough for the caves,they could go to the next stage where the enemies aren't as weak as the enemies of the forest,but not as strong as the enemies of the caves)

it would be more fun online too, if the stages would be shorter(because you don't always have time to play through the caves or mines,but don't want to waste your time in the forest)

Kyo_X
Sep 22, 2004, 03:45 PM
The caves are Really long and boring. Especially in ultimate, with the Crimson assassins trying to freeze you and ob lilies spitting Megid at you.

Shadowpawn
Sep 22, 2004, 03:50 PM
A old topic that was bumped. Please don't post in topics older than 15-20 days.