PDA

View Full Version : Armor DFP Boost

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 31, 2004, 05:54 PM
Well, today I was beating unsealed door with my racaseal and my PB charged up a few rooms before the boss. I waited till I got to him and used mylla and youlla and went in. I used mylla youlla again during the fight, about 3 minutes before he died. After I beat him, I realized that I had never checked the stats of my guard wave. I unequipped it and looked how much it would up my dpf and evp. It added 255 dfp and 121 evp. When I saw that, I was like no way!! So i went to the guild counter and got my reward. When it finished saving, I checked the stats again, and it added 188 dfp and 121 evp.

So I was wondering, deband affects armor dfp boosts?? Is it something like variable atp on weapons, or is it just that deband doesn't only use your base dfp when calculating the boost, but it adds dfp to your armor and shield also?? Has anyone else noticed this??

Miroku77
Jul 31, 2004, 06:44 PM
On 2004-07-31 15:54, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
Well, today I was beating unsealed door with my racaseal and my PB charged up a few rooms before the boss. I waited till I got to him and used mylla and youlla and went in. I used mylla youlla again during the fight, about 3 minutes before he died. After I beat him, I realized that I had never checked the stats of my guard wave. I unequipped it and looked how much it would up my dpf and evp. It added 255 dfp and 121 evp. When I saw that, I was like no way!! So i went to the guild counter and got my reward. When it finished saving, I checked the stats again, and it added 188 dfp and 121 evp.

So I was wondering, deband affects armor dfp boosts?? Is it something like variable atp on weapons, or is it just that deband doesn't only use your base dfp when calculating the boost, but it adds dfp to your armor and shield also?? Has anyone else noticed this??

sometimes, it messes up and shows the deband boost even though it dosent effect the armor boost

Sayara
Jul 31, 2004, 07:11 PM
Well Deband boosts your DFP with or without armors.

So if i had a 200 DFP boost from Deband and my base defense(unequipped) is 109 it'll be 309.

The Armor you wear then adds its self to your total... (for this example lets make it a 120 def boost) so it'll be 329.

Its the same for weapons and Shifta too.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 31, 2004, 09:05 PM
None of you are making any sense. I don't think you understand,

When my racaseal had deband on, my guard wave was boosting my dfp by 255. When the deband wasn't on, the guard wave was boosting my dfp by 188. That means either
A: deband doesn't use base dfp, it uses total dfp
B: armors have an attribute similar to variable atp on weapons

Piranha_Man
Jul 31, 2004, 10:47 PM
Okay, I totally disagree with the variable ATP for shifta boost. If that was right that would mean that Demolition Comet recieves no boost, but when I have a Demolition Comet equipped with my HUcast and I use Twins PB. Before the PB my ATP with the weapon is about 1800, after the PB it is over 2300.