PDA

View Full Version : The Village

AUTO_
Aug 2, 2004, 03:46 AM
I'm going to see this movie tomorrow, and I'm expecting it to be my favorite movie so far this year.

I love all of M Night. Shymalan's movies, so I'm expecting this to be the best yet.

I'm not going to check this thread until tomorrow...because I don't want to know ANYTHING until I see it.

*lays in bed in anticipation*

It's going to fucking own...I just know it!!!

Myopathy
Aug 2, 2004, 03:53 AM
I have only liked The Sixth Sense. I watched Signs, and that was thoroughly disappointing. I have yet to watch Unbreakable. I think the director is hyped way too much for the quality of his movies. The Sixth Sense was a great movie, but everything else he did afterwards has fallen short of expectation. I expect The Village to do the same. My roommate has watched it and said it was okay, but definetly nothing special.

Azbats
Aug 2, 2004, 04:01 AM
On 2004-08-02 01:53, Ezellaur wrote:
I have only liked The Sixth Sense. I watched Signs, and that was thoroughly disappointing. I have yet to watch Unbreakable. I think the director is hyped way too much for the quality of his movies. The Sixth Sense was a great movie, but everything else he did afterwards has fallen short of expectation. I expect The Village to do the same. My roommate has watched it and said it was okay, but definetly nothing special.

I've got to say I wasn't exactly blown away by the Sixth Sense either. Studio hype nothing, more. I agree with your other points.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azbats on 2004-08-02 11:24 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Aug 2, 2004, 09:34 AM
The Village looks okay, I suppose...but I still need to see Spiderman 2 and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, among other things. >_>

BTW, did anyone see that "documentary" on M. Night Shaymalan's life on Sci Fi channel? It was called "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shaymalan". It was really lame, half Blair Witch Project-ripoff, half a commercial for The Village.

Allos
Aug 2, 2004, 09:36 AM
Personally I thought the village was disappointing.

*spoilers*

It would've been much better if, you know, THE MONSTERS WERE REAL! And the whole "porcupine/wolf demon" aspect of the monsters was kinda.....lame.

*spoilers*

I didn't think the movie was bad......just......disappointing.

Outrider
Aug 2, 2004, 12:37 PM
I liked Sixth Sense, but thought Unbreakable was more enjoyable.

Signs was a movie I absolutely loved, and I might even go so far as to say it was one of my favorite movies. (Maybe. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) I've noticed a lot of people who didn't like it usually say it just wasn't scary enough, or the aliens looked stupid. What they don't seem to understand is that it wasn't at all a movie about aliens. And then other people just don't like it, which is fine. I just know some people who've seen it again without the mindset of it being an alien movie who ended up liking it.

So, uh... yeah. I wanna see The Village whenever I get a chance.

navci
Aug 2, 2004, 12:44 PM
The sixth sense was great. Unbreakable was weird and a bit painful to watch. But I LOVE Signs. Though, I still prefer if we didn't see the aliens.

I didn't know this movie is coming out, now I do and I must go see it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sord
Aug 2, 2004, 01:03 PM
I liked the Sixth Sense, and the Signs, while i had no clue they were made by the same directer (i don't keep tabs on actors and the people they play, you expect me to keep tabs on directors? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I thought about seeing the village, and am still debating on it. I have never seen a horror type movie that really gave me a scare. Maybe it was because the first horror movie I saw was "It" thus making me believe all horror movies are crappy and ruining any good ones in my future... though I'm guessing the village is more of a thriller movie, eh well. The debate continues! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Aug 2, 2004, 01:08 PM
Allos, I decided to be evil, and read the spoilers without having seen the movie. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I won't say anything more, except those have further modified my opinion on the movie. o_O

astuarlen
Aug 2, 2004, 01:21 PM
Meh, my oppinion of M. Night Shymalan is not exactly high. The Sixth Sense was fairly good, but Unbreakable didn't do anything for me, and I hated Signs so very, very much. "The Buried Secret of M. Night Shaymalan" was quite ridiculous, as well. So I don't think I'm going to waste my money on something I know I won't like. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zzzzzz
Aug 2, 2004, 02:38 PM
To me, The Village seemed like M. Night Shymalan's worst film...

which meant that I would give it an A, and said it(besides Spidey 2) was the best movie of the summer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
And my jaw litterly(sp) dropped when I saw the ending.

digigram
Aug 2, 2004, 02:47 PM

what, like all of his movies?
I personally think all of his movies have the same structure...

story story story, story, some more story, build up, let down, story, ahh....ah wait, we might see something and actually know what the fuck is going on...... nope... , story story story... very end.. climax for 2 minutes, credits.

KaFKa
Aug 2, 2004, 02:48 PM
sixth sense was okay, but kinda meh.

unbreakable was a great movie, since i actually got a higher meaning out of it the first time watching.

signs was lame. on a literal level it made absolutely no sense, and on the "higher" level it was also lame, since all it was saying was that society is on the verge of paranoia. *rolls eyes and waits for fanboys to get out the flamethrower*

i'll wait and borrow a bootleg of the village before i see it in the theatres, since it doesent look promising.

digigram
Aug 2, 2004, 02:53 PM
I agree with unbreakable.. it was half way decent... signs, SS, are two of the more predictable movies I have seen in a long time. (i'm a preacher, i'll pray you back to life, son).... give me a break

Outrider
Aug 2, 2004, 02:58 PM
On 2004-08-02 12:48, KaFKa wrote:
signs was lame. on a literal level it made absolutely no sense, and on the "higher" level it was also lame, since all it was saying was that society is on the verge of paranoia. *rolls eyes and waits for fanboys to get out the flamethrower*

Err, uh... not sure if you were relating that to what I said earlier.

But uh... I didn't get that message from the movie. To me, the entire movie is about faith. The plot isn't about the aliens, but about Mel Gibson's faith in God. That's the way I saw it, at least.

Oh well.

Sord
Aug 2, 2004, 03:46 PM
On 2004-08-02 12:58, Outrider wrote:

On 2004-08-02 12:48, KaFKa wrote:

Err, uh... not sure if you were relating that to what I said earlier.

But uh... I didn't get that message from the movie. To me, the entire movie is about faith. The plot isn't about the aliens, but about Mel Gibson's faith in God. That's the way I saw it, at least.

Oh well.

funny, i didn't see anything deep in it, except that humans possibley developed asthma as a defence mechanism ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ,) It's a movie, if you expect anything to be deep, then stop watching the media, if you see something deep, it's worthless as the whole thing never happened in the first place (however, nonfiction movies might be diffrent, but not very many people want to see those.)

Bradicus
Aug 2, 2004, 05:38 PM
Me? I liked the film quite a bit.

Or I could just have been sucked in by my intense attraction to the blind girl. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-08-02 17:52 ]</font>

radicalEdward
Aug 2, 2004, 05:50 PM
I saw it!! good movie!!!

Myopathy
Aug 2, 2004, 05:57 PM
I think his movies are decent, but they don't deserve the hype they get. I also don't think he deserves the hype he gets as a director.

AUTO_
Aug 2, 2004, 10:24 PM
Saw it.

Biggest mind-fuck yet from Shyamalan.

Loved it.

Will buy it.

I don't know how you can say his movies are overhyped, ALL of his movies are brilliantly written.

The Village is probably my favorite movie of his thus far...and the mind-fuck factor was even bigger then the Six Sense' ending (Bruce Willis was dead all along)...and that says A LOT.

It.Owned.Hardcore.

*puts lighter in the air*

Quo
Aug 3, 2004, 12:36 AM
I like how all of Shyamalan's movies (I have yet to see sixth sense) tie up in the end. . . completely.

Cinima sucks hard recently. Most are just action movies which leave a great deal left hanging at the end. I think, if you watch closely, all of the pieces off Shyamalan's movies fall in place at the end. . . all of them.

I wasn't dissapointed by Shyamalan's movies at all. I know they're not scary. They're not supposed to be. They're suspenseful. I jumped twice in "The Village," not because I was scared, but because there was a loud noise right in my ear. A log cracking, and someone screaming, I think.

I wasn't dissapointed by The Village's plot. I don't know about you guys, but here all we had to go on was a poster of a poster with a red line on it and the words "Let the bad color not be seen. It attracts them." What are "they?" They could have been goat herders and fit in with the adds. The only reason you guys were dissapointed is because you made assumptions. If you saw any of Shyamalan's prior movies, you should have known not to do that.

***Spoilers***

The one thing I don't get is how the blind girl (Ivy) could see at times and not at others. She mentioned being able to see her father at night and seeing a colored aura around some people. This was the only thing I didn't figure out. Anyone?

***Not much of a spoiler, but its over anyway***

Giezus
Aug 3, 2004, 01:01 AM
If anyone here is still debating on whether or not to go see the village, I can say only one thing... At the end, I almost cried... thats all I will say.

AUTO_
Aug 3, 2004, 03:22 PM
On 2004-08-02 22:36, Quo wrote:

***Spoilers***

The one thing I don't get is how the blind girl (Ivy) could see at times and not at others. She mentioned being able to see her father at night and seeing a colored aura around some people. This was the only thing I didn't figure out. Anyone?

***********SPOILERS***************

She could "see" Lucious because he had an "aurra" much like her father did.

I didn't even know she was blind in the movie until near the end--I just assumed she carried the cane; such as being a sheppard etc, because she never really "felt around" with it.

^ It only occured to me after I saw it why she was standing in front of her door with her hand out when one of the creatures was but feet away. She knew he would come to protect her, but the way Shyamalan filmed it, you couldn't really tell she was blind.

I assume Lucious' color was red--but I don't think it matters because I don't think she even KNEW what color the "forbidden" color was.

If I remember, the color "red" was never even said in the movie--so I suppose it has a deep meaning that could be interpreted many ways.

You'll also notice how the town leader kept saying she was the "perfect" one to venture into the towns--because she was blind. His cover up was that she had a love and that would "fuel" her--when he really just didn't want ANYONE in the village to know what the towns really were.

I think a big emphasis of the movie was that we as people like to distance ourselves from other people. The movie also showed that no matter where you run or how you live your life, bad things will occur whether they happen naturally or forcefully. I think it was genius how the scene (where the patrol man goes in to get the medicine) made obvious hints of this.

-The radio was talking about soldiers dying
-The newspaper he was holding was full of headlines about murder, etc.
-Shyamalan's character made referances to the airlines that flew over the town/govt. officials and how he didn't want them in. Basically the same approach the village took but in a more modern manner...you could get the basic idea how people want seperation from other people outside their comfort zones.

I'd like to go see it again, because I'm sure they're many things that I missed the first time around.

lain2k3
Aug 3, 2004, 03:57 PM
I havent seen the village, but it looks alright, I want to see it.

Unbreakable was fucking fantastic, sitxh sense was alright, signs was meh. I havent seen any others of his.

And yes, the mockumentary was pretty hokey, but was sort of entertaining.

Zzzzzz
Aug 3, 2004, 04:09 PM
*****************SPOILER*****************

I think the reason red shouldn't have been shown was because people could see it from above easier then the other colors.

Bradicus
Aug 3, 2004, 05:39 PM
On 2004-08-03 13:22, AUTO_ wrote:
[quote]
I didn't even know she was blind in the movie until near the end--I just assumed she carried the cane; such as being a sheppard etc, because she never really "felt around" with it.

^ It only occured to me after I saw it why she was standing in front of her door with her hand out when one of the creatures was but feet away. She knew he would come to protect her, but the way Shyamalan filmed it, you couldn't really tell she was blind.

Perhaps you were just not very observant?

No one in my group had trouble figuring out that she couldn't see. I thought that it was a neat touch that she counted while walking between buildings.

Allos
Aug 3, 2004, 06:13 PM
On 2004-08-03 15:39, Bradicus wrote:

On 2004-08-03 13:22, AUTO_ wrote:
[quote]

Perhaps you were just not very observant?

No one in my group had trouble figuring out that she couldn't see. I thought that it was a neat touch that she counted while walking between buildings.

And it was said out loud that she was blind...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2004-08-03 16:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allos on 2004-08-03 16:15 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Aug 3, 2004, 09:13 PM
Place me in the like it column. I love the way Shyamalan makes his movies come together in the end. (*possible SPOILER* Noah laughing in the beginning makes perfect sense by the movies end). It seems most of those that dislike Shyamalan's movies are those that continually go into his flicks figuring it will 100% about what was shown in the trailers. At this point if you're disapointed with his movies I suggest you wait until it is on DVD. Do I agree with the way he advertises his movies? No I don't. I was a bit miffed, at first, about how the Village's premise wasn't thoroughly based on the critters in the woods. But by the end of it I was enthralled by the real story. Another great movie by Shyamalan.

Genoa
Aug 4, 2004, 12:04 AM
On 2004-08-02 07:36, Allos wrote:
Personally I thought the village was disappointing.

*spoilers*

It would've been much better if, you know, THE MONSTERS WERE REAL! And the whole "porcupine/wolf demon" aspect of the monsters was kinda.....lame.

*spoilers*

Agreed, I saw it the day b4 it came out in theaters. I saw a previewing. It was really disappointing. Like... a few sorta scary scenes. But yea, the whole "if they were monsters..." woulda been pretty kewl. *spoiler*

AUTO_
Aug 4, 2004, 02:06 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:13, Allos wrote:
And it was said out loud that she was blind...

To Bradicus: Fuck you.

To Allos:

It didn't say outright she was blind until towards the end of the movie.

The first time you really noticed she was blind was when she went looking for Lucious and was using her cane as a guide.

Did you think she was blind when she ran to the rock?

If you did, maybe you're over-observant, as you could see where her eyes were from the back angle?

Once again: Fuck you.

When he said

"Be careful you're holding the forbidden color in your hands"

Although she was blind SHAYAMALAN FILMED IT SO THAT HER EYES ACTUALLY LOOKED AT THE BERRIES, HINTING THAT SHE COULD SEE.

To Bradicus:

Fuck you.

Bradicus
Aug 4, 2004, 02:12 PM
To Bradicus: Fuck you.

Thankee sir. May i have another?

To Bradicus:

Fuck you.

Well, my day is complete.

navci
Aug 4, 2004, 02:13 PM
:/ I have to scroll through spoilers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I will go see it soon-ish. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The thing about Unbreakable is: Samuel Jackson's hairdo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Bradicus
Aug 4, 2004, 02:17 PM
?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-08-04 12:19 ]</font>

Bradicus
Aug 4, 2004, 02:18 PM
Psow is being strange. Forgive my extra posts.

I may as well use this space to explain my earlier post. I didn't write it to offend anyone, so i really don't see the need to attack. I merely pointed out that neither i, nor my friends, thought Ivy could see.

I said that you might not have been very observant at the time, and if this injures your soul, forgive me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bradicus on 2004-08-04 12:33 ]</font>

AUTO_
Aug 4, 2004, 02:25 PM
On 2004-08-04 12:13, navinator wrote:
:/ I have to scroll through spoilers. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I will go see it soon-ish. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
The thing about Unbreakable is: Samuel Jackson's hairdo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

He did have owner hair in Unbreakable...

But I should re-phrase that:

The thing about Unbreakable is: Samuel Jackson is an owner.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

AUTO_
Aug 4, 2004, 02:35 PM
On 2004-08-04 12:18, Bradicus wrote:
Psow is being strange. Forgive my extra posts.

I may as well use this space to explain my earlier post. I didn't write it to offend anyone, so i really don't see the need to attack. I merely pointed out that niether i, nor fmy friends, thought Ivy could see.

I said that you might not have been very observant at the time, and if this injures your soul, forgive me.

******************SPOILERS***************

It's obvious she's blind, but Shyamalan didn't intend to make it apparent (he usually never does in his movies) until later in the film.

The first time in the film he makes it obvious that she's blind is when Lucious is stabbed and she starts using her cane as a guide to find him.

In earlier scenes Shyamalan never has her use the cane as a guide--and not many people would think a blind woman could run half a mile to find a specific rock.

By calling me not observant, your saying I never realized she was blind--which is idiotic, because it becomes OBVIOUS that she's blind.

MY POINT is that Shyamalan didn't want to make it obvious she was blind until later in the movie.

If you can tell me any obvious signs prior to Lucious stabbing that she's blind, I'd be glad to hear them. I can give you many examples how Shyamalan tried to show she WASN'T blind (prior to that event)...can you do the same?

Until then fuck you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

and good day!

Bradicus
Aug 4, 2004, 03:10 PM
and good day!

Well, it's good to see you have some manners http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Perhaps i jumped to (correct) conclusions when i saw the cane. Either way, i have no way to argue (unless the DVD is out...?).

And i never "called you unobservant". I only suggested that it may have been the case before the stabbins incident.

In conlusion, this is a very peculiar thing to agrue about. I guess i am to be fucked.

AUTO_
Aug 4, 2004, 03:21 PM
On 2004-08-04 13:10, Bradicus wrote:
And i never "called you unobservant". I only suggested that it may have been the case before the stabbins incident.

Yes, and I asked you to tell me how I WAS unobservant before the stabbing incident, so you could enlighten me with your holy-observant knowledge.

Oh? The cane?

Yeah, I saw it too. Lots of people used canes in those days...did you miss the part where she's walking with the sheep in the beginning?

I guess i am to be fucked.

You're very observant.

Bradicus
Aug 4, 2004, 03:33 PM
On 2004-08-04 13:21, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2004-08-04 13:10, Bradicus wrote:

Yes, and I asked you to tell me how I WAS unobservant before the stabbing incident, so you could enlighten me with your holy-observant knowledge.

Very well, my child. Receive my radiant answer:
I was offereing it as a suggestion, nothing more. If the director didn't want anyone to think she was blind, i guess he failed with me. I am a failure http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I guess i am to be fucked.

You're very observant.

Well, i am holy. Apparently.
This is spam, so i should stop now.

Allos
Aug 5, 2004, 08:05 PM
On 2004-08-04 12:35, AUTO_ wrote:

If you can tell me any obvious signs prior to Lucious stabbing that she's blind, I'd be glad to hear them. I can give you many examples how Shyamalan tried to show she WASN'T blind (prior to that event)...can you do the same?

I swear I can remember something about her blindness being said before that. Was it when Ivy and Lucious were talking about her childhood and something about her tripping? Bah, I can't remember. I'm not gonna pay to see it again though so...

_Ted_
Aug 6, 2004, 03:34 PM
I saw The Village yesterday, and I really liked it.

**Spoiler Stuffs**

I really would have liked that last "monster" to have been real though.....

AUTO_
Aug 6, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-08-06 13:34, _Ted_ wrote:
**Spoiler Stuffs**

*******************SPOILER*******************

Look on the bright side...Adrian Brody's character died. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2004-08-06 13:37 ]</font>

Dragon-Lord
Aug 6, 2004, 03:43 PM
i was VERY disapointed about how they ended it. it was ok throughout the film but the ending made me want to get up and barf in someone elses popcorn bucket. dont waiste $9 or however much your using to see it. if you really want to see it rent it for $3. that way your whole family can watch and barf together.

_Ted_
Aug 6, 2004, 04:26 PM
On 2004-08-06 13:37, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2004-08-06 13:34, _Ted_ wrote:
**Spoiler Stuffs**

*******************SPOILER*******************

Look on the bright side...Adrian Brody's character died. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

He had it coming! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

pixelate
Aug 7, 2004, 04:25 AM
Did he really need to shove his face into the movie during the climax?

*Spoiler*

His twists aren't that interesting. In Sixth Sense it was OK because it was most people's first introduction into his "style" and it was new to them. But to have a guy be a superhero in Unbreakable and now this group of people shacking up inside an animal sanctuary because the adults met during counseling and decided to create a new social environment due to their trauma and create monsters to put fear into their children so they won't wander far and discover that they're being lied to about what's beyond their village is lame. The results of his build-ups aren't worth the hour and a half or two hours to get to.

Yep, that's the whole movie and its twist:

People shacking up inside an animal sanctuary because the adults met during counseling and decided to create a new social environment due to their trauma and creating monsters to put fear into their children so they won't wander far and discover that they're being lied to about what's beyond their village.

Go see White Chicks instead.

AUTO_
Aug 8, 2004, 04:08 AM
^ You basically summed it up, Pixel.

...only difference is, I thought the above mentioned was a good thing.

Oh, and White Chicks isn't in theaters anymore. It happens to movies that don't do well.

Outrider
Aug 8, 2004, 08:28 PM
Just saw it last night. Good film. I'd say I liked his others more, but it was still a good movie.

**********TEH SPOILERS YO!!!!**************

It was a bit disappointing that there was nothing super-natural in this movie, but I gotta give props to Shamalayan for changing things up a bit. I think he did a good job making a scary scene the first time the "beasts" are shown running around the village and whatnot. Just the red cloak passing by quickly with some claws sticking out was a nice touch.

But seriously... who called it? I wasn't too surprised when they spilled the beans... I was thinking that was the case for a while before it happened. Eh, oh well.

**********NO MORE SPOILERZ OH NOES!!!************

So yeah, good film. I liked it.

Sniper010
Aug 8, 2004, 08:35 PM
It was a good flim but not teh best

Ashtonwade
Aug 17, 2004, 08:51 AM
Agreed over hyped director. Most people seems to overlook the fact that Signs was terribly flawed.
Alien in film dies on contact with water. Hello, our atmosphere contains water. Why didn`t they just drop down dead when they left their ships.....crap !

Aredhel
Aug 17, 2004, 09:31 AM
Anyone else find it interesting how Ivy was the only one in the village with red hair? But she couldn't see it...

hmmm...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*Spoilers*

I thought it was good - not great, but good. The thought that they might have actually been living in modern-day occured to me at the very beginning when it first displayed the date - 1897 or so? I dunno.
If I hadn't even thought that when trying to figure the movie out, I probably would have been a bit more surprised at the ending. Oh well...

I once saw an episode of the outer limits that was a lot like this movie. I liked the episode, so the movie was somewhat enjoyable.

Sometimes though , WHO you go with is better than WHAT you see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/love.gif

Rainbowlemon
Aug 17, 2004, 03:14 PM
Ehm, sorry to go a tad off-topic, but is signs the one where the first time you see an alien is on the news, where it just walks past a window and looks in? Whichever movie that is, it is freaky shit...One of the scariest films I've seen, just for that bit, because although the situation itself wasn't scary, the whole prospect of that happening, and it being on the news like that, it's just...disturbing.

I've not seen The Village, but it looks good...however, a friend sorta spoiled the plot for me just today by giving me info on the 'monsters', so I think I'll just rent it out later in the year...>_>

Outrider
Aug 17, 2004, 03:43 PM
On 2004-08-17 13:14, Antimony wrote:
Ehm, sorry to go a tad off-topic, but is signs the one where the first time you see an alien is on the news, where it just walks past a window and looks in? Whichever movie that is, it is freaky shit...One of the scariest films I've seen, just for that bit, because although the situation itself wasn't scary, the whole prospect of that happening, and it being on the news like that, it's just...disturbing.

That is indeed Signs. I felt it was creepy, but most people thought the aliens just looked cheesey. I dunno, I guess I suspended my disbelief enough to let myself be scared.

Rainbowlemon
Aug 18, 2004, 04:04 AM
On 2004-08-17 13:43, Outrider wrote:
That is indeed Signs. I felt it was creepy, but most people thought the aliens just looked cheesey. I dunno, I guess I suspended my disbelief enough to let myself be scared.

In a way, I sorta agree they looked cheesy, but what made it creepy was just the the thought 'Imagine being in that situation, at that moment, and seeing the news like that, with the evidence right there...' It's just what came into my head at that moment, and I was like, '...whoa...'

I really should buy that film ^_^