PDA

View Full Version : TigerDirect.com

Shammed
Aug 2, 2004, 01:01 PM
So I saw this website referred to in a recent thread about someone buying a new PC. Has anyone here actually dealt with this website and purchased anything?

After finishing customization on both this website, and the Dell website, TD beats Dell by hundreds of dollars and seems like a way better deal. But I've heard "bad reviews" about TigerDirect.com and am obviously anxious about ordering from them.

Comments?

VioletSkye
Aug 2, 2004, 01:26 PM
Your best bet is always to build your own, but if you aren't comfortable with that then configuring a machine like you did will be ok. Dell builds good pcs with descent components and are very stable. I've personally never dealt with Tigerdirect because I build my own and order parts from well known suppliers including NEWEGG (http://www.newegg.com).

I know that Dangerous 55 was looking at purchasing a TD pc, so you might want to send him a pm and ask him about it. I know that their tech support is lacking (as it is for almost any manufacturer) but as far as reseller ratings go, they have an above average rating. I was able to configure a pc with better numbers (in regards to processor, ram and video card) for less than Dell, but again, I've never used one of their pcs so I can't attest to their quality or stability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-08-02 11:27 ]</font>

Madzozs
Aug 2, 2004, 04:53 PM
I bought my first school computer through them about 5 years ago. Within the first day I was on the line with customer service because they didn't put a ton of drivers on the computer. They are the reason I won't buy pre-built anymore.

KaFKa
Aug 2, 2004, 05:27 PM
tigerdirect, from what i've heard, arent all that dependable.

dells are usually somewhat stable (or more stable than others, at least) and they have decent customer support. but theyre pretty damn expensive.

but i have an uber-modified hp myself...

rbf2000
Aug 2, 2004, 06:24 PM
I've heard about their mail in rebates that you shouldn't count on actually getting them. I don't know any more about them other than that.

Shammed
Aug 2, 2004, 11:09 PM
Then it's settled, Dell it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif