PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Trilogy for PS2???

SycoFreak
Aug 2, 2004, 02:07 PM
I just recently got my new issue of GI and frankly, I'm suprised. On there August calandar, it says Phantasy Star Trilogy - PS2.... is this different from PSO Plus? Or just a different name? AND why not on the GC???

anwserman
Aug 2, 2004, 02:12 PM
Phantasy Star Trilogy.
I think it is a remake of PS1, PS2 and PS3.. the original RPGs.

Not the online hack-and-slash that PSO is known for, but the classic turn-based action.

SycoFreak
Aug 2, 2004, 02:14 PM
Sound all good, but what of us GCN owners? I'd like to try the other versions of PSO also...

Sitka
Aug 2, 2004, 02:15 PM
"Sometime last year Conspiracy
Entertainment acquired the rights to a number of the Sega Ages remakes...Although its missing Generations of Doom, Phantasy Star Trilogy will contain the remade versions of Phantasy Star: Generation 1, Phantasy Star II, and Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millennium. The remakes will feature Improved graphics, an enhanced soundtrack, and additional features nowhere to be found in the original versions of the games. Phantasy Star Trilogy is slated to be on store shelves in the first quarter of 2005."

Phillip Clayton - RPGamer News Bulletin

digigram
Aug 2, 2004, 02:16 PM
1, 2, 4 ... to be exact.. I'm not going to play it.. unless they actually RE-DID them... I hate buying re-releases of older games.. it's why I didn't pick uo any of the FINAL FANTASY origins type crap.

I had played the games before, why would I want to do it again on another system (not saying thats why they re-released them, some people missed out)

SycoFreak
Aug 2, 2004, 02:17 PM
That makes sense and all, but I thought PSO Plus was slated for August... it wasn't on the calandar, either...

Damn those crazy release dates!!!

digigram
Aug 2, 2004, 02:21 PM

the two releases have nothing to do with each other.

PSO+ GC = Gamecube PSO online + (3d, pseudo MMO)
Phantasy star I - II - IV = the STORY based games that were released on sega master system and Genesis and so on.

SycoFreak
Aug 2, 2004, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I know. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other(besides being PSO). But, PSO Plus wasn't even slated to come out in August on the calandar... I guess that goes to show ya can't trust calandars anymore...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SycoFreak on 2004-08-02 12:28 ]</font>

anwserman
Aug 2, 2004, 03:12 PM
Oh, it is 1/2/4? My bad.

King_Rappy
Aug 2, 2004, 06:54 PM
They redid 1 slightly. I think they have the standard techs now. (foie, etc.)

Azbats
Aug 4, 2004, 02:55 AM
I actually have an imported Japanese copy of the re-made PS 1, and yes the graphics have been spruced up . It's rather cool to play [would be better if I understood Japanese though, lol]