PDA

View Full Version : Question about mag raising

BNB
Aug 2, 2004, 03:42 PM
Ok I want to raise another mag with 50/75/50/25 or close to that, but i want certain photon blasts which are Farlla, Pilla, and Mylla & Youlla now will these stats get me those 3 blasts?

If not then how would i go about getting those 3 blasts with stats that are somewhat close those?

darthsaber9x9
Aug 2, 2004, 03:49 PM
guides, CHECK THE GUIDES >_> >_< <_<

Quo
Aug 2, 2004, 03:51 PM
Use the mag guides and figure it out yourself. The most help you can ever have is to help yourself.

By the way, DEF on a mag is wasted.

Welcome to PSOWorld.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-08-02 13:51 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Aug 2, 2004, 03:54 PM
Yes, please use the guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php).

[useful warning]Just to warn you, those stats are not that good for a Mag. Almost every Mag should have a minimum and maximum of 5 DEF. You should never have POW and MIND on the same Mag, make 2 different Mags instead.[/useful warning]

Saciel
Aug 2, 2004, 03:55 PM
to give you a more productive answer which involves less time consumption and you not learning much of anything... give the mag to your Skyly Humar (Ziggy) and feed it nothing but antidotes till it hits lvl 50... it will then get all three desired photon blasts

Raising the stats from there on I'll leave for you to work out yourself as it's pretty simple after they hi their third evolution

RicoRoyal
Aug 2, 2004, 03:56 PM
It all depends. You didn't specify what character class you'd use to raise the mag. You also didn't mention what order you'd get the stats in. Use the mag guides. What your asking does not require our assistance; go do the math on your own damn time.

Episode 1 & 2 Feeding Charts for All Mags (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1021)
Force Mags & Evolution (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1238)
Hunter Mags & Evolution (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1240)
Ranger Mags & Evolution (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1241)

Look, I was nice enough to go fetch you the guides.
Now, as darthsaber9x9 so nicely put it, USE THE GUIDES!!!!! And listen to Quo, defense on a mag is a waste (believe us, we of all people know).

Saciel
Aug 2, 2004, 03:59 PM
= yah as many have said defence is a waste, if you follow what I said def should be 5 by the time it gets all three blasts, use the character builder utility on this site and try to shift the extra 45 points between the three other stats to try make sure your character's stats will max at lvl 200

Sitka
Aug 2, 2004, 06:08 PM
Another word of advice from someone who has farmed a few mags.

Take some time, like a weekend, where you won't be interrupted. Get the guide for the mag that you want to raise: I use Vulpes Mundi and a couple of others and focus on mind-Satos and power-Ratis.

Once you've identified the mag you want and you have the right character, section id and a lot of meseta (trust me on this one), sit down in your room with just you, your game, your tv, and your guide and start raising your mags.

I would recommend raising three at a time. I've raised as many as 16 at a time just for the hell of it, but by raising 3, you give yourself a chance to make a mistake and still have 2 more to work with. I can't tell you the number of times I accidently gave a monomate when I was supposed to give a trifluid and similar such accidents.

By raising your mags this way, you're less likely to make mistakes and the focus of this activity gives you a very nice end product which will stay with you for most of your PSO life - if you do it right.

I like to take a new or low-level character and work them through offline normal-ultimate when I'm raising mags. It gives me something to do and if I need to do laundry or work, I can break every 3 1/2 minutes to feed the mags and then get back to my work.

Other people have their own way of raising mags, but this approach has worked very well for me.

Oh, I also keep tabs on total items consumed throughout the process, which again makes the desired outcome much more certain.

Even with all that, it's still hard to create a perfect mag - it takes so long and it's too easy to make a mistake.

Good luck and PM if you have additional questions.

Natron
Aug 2, 2004, 06:25 PM
Like Just about everyone else said, check the guides. Like Quo said, Def. on a Mag is a waste. Like Ketchup said, try not to get anything over than 5. I, unfortunately, made a Rati with 10 Defense, but it's working out good now. But, if you HAVE to have over 5 Def.(like I did, stupid materials) don't go over ten, because then its a total waste.

Edit: By the way, Why do you want Farlla AND Pilla? Pilla's stronger than farlla, and Estilla is a better blast then Farlla. Just Sayin' though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natron on 2004-08-02 16:27 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Aug 2, 2004, 10:16 PM
Well to be quite honest, if you have all the God/Units available to you, then DEX and DEF is a waste.

Take a look at this simple calculation.

30 POW on a MAG = ATP+60
30 DEX on a MAG = ATA+15

God/Power = ATP+50
God/Arm = ATA+15

SO as you can see, you are better off getting the power on your mag instead of DEX, because the POW is better in the long run. DEX is normally just a waste. Don't get me wrong, you will need DEX on your MAG, but going extreme with your MAG and making one with say.... 100 on DEX. Now that is a waste. Just equip God/Arms and get a bunch of POW on your MAG. Same holds true for MIND. Except don't equip God/Bodys in order to replace the lost DEF. Just equip God/HP, they are better than getting more DEF.

If you want those PBs on your mag, then give the mag to a Hunter and feed it only andidotes until lvl 50. You can feed it other things, but make sure that DEX is ALWAYS the MAIN strenghth of the mag until it has learned all 3 PBs.

Hope that helps, and if you need any other help, feel free to ask. I've been "Mag farming" for quite some time now and I usually get Estlla instead of Farlla. I usually find Farlla to be worse, plus doesn't it NEVER hit flying enemies?

Oh, and one more thing. If you are trying to get the mag QUICK level ups, then make it either a Diwari, Nidra or Savitri. They get UBER fast lvl ups. You will have it up to 200 in no time at all!

Quo
Aug 2, 2004, 10:34 PM
Tsudo_Plat, I tried to argue that point once, it doesn't work. This is why: There are no Hit Materials (there used to be, but there aren't anymore).

Your going to just have to believe me, DEX on a mag is absolutly necessary. cHaOsMaTzA, RicoRoyal, and I just wrote a stat maxing guide. (<--- My credentials). I know this stuff. To max your stats, you will need to use God/Abilities. Each of these wonderful units is the equivilent of 54 materials (4 come indirectly from ATA). God/Arm is only 30 materials (indirectly, 15 ATA = 30 DEX = 30 POW = 30 Power Materials). Since you have a limited number of materials you can use, you will find it wise to use the Units that are the equivilent of more materials. God/Abilities only boost ATA by 2. Now, you've exhausted your units, there are no hit materials, so the only place to make up the remaining ATA deficit is Mag DEX.

Economically, you are right. Realistically, you are wrong. If you poor all of your Mag Levels and materials into power or mind, when you near stat-maxage, you will have extra ATP/MST that doesn't count and a large ATA deficit. Basically, you have wasted stat points.

You're just going to have to trust me on this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-08-02 20:38 ]</font>

digigram
Aug 2, 2004, 10:48 PM
basically what quo is saying..

what good is POW when you aren't hitting anything. Even with god/arm

Quo
Aug 2, 2004, 10:51 PM
On 2004-08-02 20:48, digigram wrote:
basically what quo is saying..

what good is POW when you aren't hitting anything. Even with god/arm

No, I'm not saying that. I hate that arguement (even though it's true).

What I'm saying is that there is no realistic way to max your stats without relying on DEX levels. In fact the most economic methods must rely on DEX for ATA.

You can have your cake and eat it too. But only if you rely on DEX. Only with DEX levels can you have both ATP and ATA. I'm not saying you should sacrifice ATP for ATA. I'm saying you should be smart and get both.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-08-02 20:53 ]</font>

Jason
Aug 2, 2004, 10:56 PM
Mag feeding is a major pain in the ass. At least for me it is. I'm just glad that a couple of my main mags are completed.