PDA

View Full Version : Eat my poo, freshmen female dogs!!! (explosive language)

RicoRoyal
Aug 2, 2004, 08:10 PM
<incoherent rant>
THAT'S RIGHT FRESHMEN BITCHES, EAT MY SHIT!!!!! YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR PRIORITY REGISTRATION RIGHT UP YOUR ASS!
</incoherent rant>

Actually... there's more...

<incoherent rant>
FUCK YOU, CAL POLY REGISTRATION SYSTEM!!!
</incoherent rant>

Incase anyone is wondering, I just finished my registration for Fall Quarter 2005 at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. I had third (aka last) priority registration. I just had to settle for one hell of a shitty Fall Quarter schedule. Nonetheless, I feel extremely blessed that I was actually able to get all the courses I needed.

Unfortunately, due to my registration appointment, I had to go through 5 different scenarios for registration before actually being able to register (scenerios are just notes I take on paper, which detail what registration codes to use for my 6 possible classes). Upon getting home this morning at 11, I had only gone through two scenerios (by "gone through", I mean scenarios were no longer possible due to the closing of a class). Just last night, I said to myself, "well this isn't so bad. Sure I'll have some so-so times, but at least I'll get into all these classes knowning that the professors all range from average to good." Just ten minutes ago I said to myself "Thank you, God, for letting me register." PERIOD. Not more than two hours ago I was on AIM talking to Eihwaz - you know, having a nice "I PWNED YOU AGAIN, EIHWAZ" type of conversation - when all of a sudden, the Cal Poly online registration system goes out and I'm given an error message while checking the registration codes for my classes. I act quickly and call up the school to see what happend.

Me: "Yes, I'm calling about the BroncoDirect webpage --"
Registrar's Office: "Oh yes. The page is down"
(NO FUCKING SHIT!!!)
Me (politely): "Do you know when it will be fixed?"
RO (apathetic): "Well, we don't actually know what the problem is."
(Just great... really....)
Me: "Well, do you think the phone registration service might still be working?"
RO: "We haven't checked... but I suppose your more than welcome to try"
Me: "Well, see the probl --"
RO: "Goodbye."

So I dig through my papers from Spring Quarter until I finally find what I was looking for, the Summer Quarter schedule book. I quickly find the number for the VR (voice registration system), and as such, begin dialing it in hopes that it will still work for Fall registration. It starts working when suddenly it does dead, followed by a loud noise and then an error message. Thirty minutes after my scheduled time, the website finally starts working. My friends call me up with the good news as I reach for the phone to do the same.

But, wait, what's this? It's not fully operational. For the next hour I experience about 10 error messages and 5 blank pages, all while registering like a freaking idiot, one class at a time; this was due to the fact that all of my classes might have gotten deleted with any one of the error messages. Due to the website's issues, I couldn't get the Physics classes I had planned (yes, out of all the plans, not just one). I had to make shit up as I went along, so as to not allow others to take my classes. Hell, I even registered for some blech courses until I could swap them for the ones I really wanted (haha, sucks to be the one I stole the classes from for those few minutes).

The end result:
- Only two (out of 6) of my classes actually have professors listed. All others are listed as "Staff"
- One of the two professors is a fucking idiot who knows less than his students. He'll be teaching my Mechanical Engineering 214 class.
- I will spend over 12 hours on campus on Mondays and Wednesdays; start at 7:45 AM, end at 7:50 PM.
- On thursday, my classes start at 1:00 PM and end at 6:50 PM. That's not bad for some, but it is for me. I AM A MORNING PERSON FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!
- My Physics class is one that has over 100 seats in it. Not my kind of learning environment (Biology being the only exception)

SO yeah... I just needed to really get that off my chest. I realize I never rant in here, but this just needed to get written down on something; better written here, with good ol' Verdana font size 10, than on the wall, with my own blood http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Nai_Calus
Aug 3, 2004, 01:12 AM
Yuck. >_>

I have the 'pleasure' of being in an unpopular major at a mid-sized community college in dead hick-filled Western North Carolina, so it's not so bad.

I also have mental problems that for some reason mean the disabilities coordinator person will register me for classes whenever the hell I show up with my schedule planned out. >_>; Since I always sit down with my advisor and get stuff worked out well in advance, I wind up getting registered before... Just about everybody in the entire school. >_>; Didn't do that this semester, though, I was only a day before I was allowed to register anyway. Did it early because registration started at 8:30am and I had an 8am class that day. >_>; Got everything, then a week later changed my entire fucking schedule around because it turns out one of my classes I didn't need because a different catalog is better for me to graduate under anyway since two of the things I took this semester as electives are required on that one. >_> Also means I only have to take ONE English class, instead of two(I was gonna take the other one this semester, but now I don't have to. XD)

RicoRoyal
Aug 3, 2004, 12:59 PM
WOoo, Ian, you got some nice setup there with your registration. I thinks it's great that you actually get the opportunity to talk to your advisor. My advisors are actually my Aerospace professors who are usually too busy to talk to me. And even when it's required that I go "talk" to them so that I can get a damn schedule approval sheet signed, the same thing will always happen every damn time.

Me: "Hi professor, I have a schedule sheet for you to sign again."
Professor: "HUH? WHA? UBUHHHH!? WHAT IS THIS??? DUHHHRRRR" </dramatization>

To Professor: For the love of shit, you see at least 120 of those papers at the end of every quarter!!! How the fuck can you not know what the fuck it is? IDIOT!

So yeah, Ian, you got it good with your advisors. My "advisors" don't even know what a schedule sheet is, let alone know how to give advice on what my schedule should be.

You know, now that I've had a horrible night's sleep to think about all the things that happened yesterday, I've come to realize it's not really the Freshmen's fault for stealing my classes. They had no choice on the matter; the school just said "here ya go, have a nice fall quarter schedule!" I realize I was once like them, which is why I've learned to respect and fear this registration period so much. So to all freshmen, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for calling you bitches for stealing my classes. Your still bitches in my eyes, but for totally different reasons. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Aug 3, 2004, 05:43 PM
Nice "I Pwned Eihwaz" converation, eh? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyway, sucks that you had trouble with inept people. Life is full of fucking morons, it's a sad, yet true fact.

Daikarin
Aug 4, 2004, 05:22 PM
If it makes you feel better, Einstein only got accepted on the last admission when he entered the college he wanted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And I know what you feel in that type of trouble, I'm currently having a very similar problem.

RicoRoyal
Aug 5, 2004, 01:48 AM
On 2004-08-04 15:22, Even_Jin wrote:
If it makes you feel better, Einstein only got accepted on the last admission when he entered the college he wanted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And I know what you feel in that type of trouble, I'm currently having a very similar problem.

Good luck! I hope things turn out better for you than they did for me. I guess, sometimes, we just need to learn to roll with the punches; college registration being no exception. You win some, you lose some... I seriously lost some http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif Oh well, there's always Winter Quarter - revenge time, you son-bitch schedule-stealking punks! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Myopathy
Aug 5, 2004, 01:23 PM
I kind of feel how you feel. My university used to have registration on a first-come, first-served basis. I thought this worked very well because if someone REALLY wanted/needed a course, they could just get up early on the first day and go to the Registrar's office and bam, they're in. However, our university now changed over to an all-computerized system, which isn't much more convenient, and even worse, if organized by classification. Now's I'm in a high classification so I'd be one of the first to register so this isn't a problem for me. However, it's kind of stupid because seniors, if they've planned everything out right, shouldn't have problems getting into classes anyway because their courses are all high level (So they're not going to be overpopulated). It's the freshmen that need to get into required courses that can fill up quickly. I've never liked the concept of registration by classification.