PDA

View Full Version : Best Special to put n a s-rank needle

Etheral_Light
Aug 3, 2004, 12:25 PM
I need advice on what i should give an S-Rank Needle, i have heard from a friend that either freeze, paralyse and zalure are good but i want some more advice before i do anything

thx http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
Aug 3, 2004, 12:32 PM
Who is going to use it?

Androids only:
Gush
Zalure

Humans only:
Geist
Zalure (more for RAmar than RAmarl)

Freeze doesn't kick in too often, and Paralysis only works on certain enemies.

Etheral_Light
Aug 3, 2004, 12:35 PM
okies thanks for that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sitka
Aug 3, 2004, 05:47 PM
Zalure seems to be the best special for your photon drops - with level 33 Zalure, you rip shit up - seriously.

A couple of other suggestions in addition to gush or geist. Kef suggested Beserk for a Ramarl which would be awesome, but you better be damn careful about watching your HP.

The other suggestion was King's which would turn the needle into an awesome experience gaining machine, but render it nearly useless as a good fighting weapon - not enough pop to wipe out the baddies fast enough.

On xbox we are, of course, still waiting to get our s-rank needles, so the s-rank shot will have to do for now. Mine has zalure and I enjoy using it.

gream-green
Aug 3, 2004, 06:02 PM
On 2004-08-03 15:47, Sitka wrote:
Zalure seems to be the best special for your photon drops - with level 33 Zalure, you rip shit up - seriously.

A couple of other suggestions in addition to gush or geist. Kef suggested Beserk for a Ramarl which would be awesome, but you better be damn careful about watching your HP.

The other suggestion was King's which would turn the needle into an awesome experience gaining machine, but render it nearly useless as a good fighting weapon - not enough pop to wipe out the baddies fast enough.

On xbox we are, of course, still waiting to get our s-rank needles, so the s-rank shot will have to do for now. Mine has zalure and I enjoy using it.

Why not Spirit for Ramar(l)? Is it like an option you can add? Of course I am thinking a very high level..but seems like it would be neato.

Eihwaz
Aug 3, 2004, 10:08 PM
Zalure is great, but Gush might also be good if you're a droid. Nothing like quickly maxing out your HP, while still injuring the enemies, eh?

Nai_Calus
Aug 4, 2004, 02:05 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:02, gream-green wrote:

Why not Spirit for Ramar(l)? Is it like an option you can add? Of course I am thinking a very high level..but seems like it would be neato.

Spirit is, IMO, bad for all classes. Androids cannot use it should you wish to use it on an android RA character. It burns your TP something fierce, leaving you constantly popping fluids to be able to heal yourself. Within about three rooms in Ult consistently using a Spirit special, you'll be returning to Pioneer 2 to buy fluids. You'll get far more mileage out of Berserk than Spirit, particularily if you've got a support Force who doesn't mind healing berserkers.

Recommended specials:

Zalure, Berserk, Gush/Geist.

gream-green
Aug 4, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-08-04 12:05, Ian-KunX wrote:

Spirit is, IMO, bad for all classes. Androids cannot use it should you wish to use it on an android RA character. It burns your TP something fierce, leaving you constantly popping fluids to be able to heal yourself. Within about three rooms in Ult consistently using a Spirit special, you'll be returning to Pioneer 2 to buy fluids. You'll get far more mileage out of Berserk than Spirit, particularily if you've got a support Force who doesn't mind healing berserkers.

Recommended specials:

I hear ya' fer sure Ian but berserk on a needle is just insane I agree with your special reccomendations for forces and all but I was talking about my Ramarl specifically and a needle/shot type weapon, how much damage does it add is really what I am looking for, but yea you are right for a Racast or force spirit is terrible. I barely use the magic ailities on my Ramarl so the lack of TP would not really be an issue...well maybe. I have always thought a j-cutter with spirit might be interesting for a hunny to...just curious thanks. I don't have a vast collection of s-rank weapons so I just don't know. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shigecki
Aug 4, 2004, 05:46 PM
On 2004-08-04 12:05, Ian-KunX wrote:

Recommended specials:

So which would you rather do, rely on a force to heal you when you might need healing and you're low on tp, or rely on a force to heal you because you almost killed yourself?

Your reasoning for taking bereserk over spirit makes no sense on the healing issue. On the robot issue, sure that does make sense, but if you don't have a racast or caseal, spirit with a ramarl makes more sense. Ramarls I believe have a ton of mst, which makes a ton of tp, and tons of special damage bonus. I have spirit on my twin, and my humar kicks ass with that thing, and I never have to go back to Pioneer one to get fluids, and I'm able to heal myself, all the while my humar has crap for mst. I believe spirit only takes 1/6 of your total tp, so this would be great for a FO, as well as any class but a robot.

So Gream, don't believe the hype, spirit kicks ass, and when you get a s-ranked needle and want to put a special on it, go with the spirit for your ramarl.

Ketchup345
Aug 4, 2004, 06:07 PM
It costs less to refill your HP than your TP. You can easily refill your HP with Resta/*mate, while it takes *fluids to heal TP.

More MST does not mean more damage with Spirit. Spirit and Berserk take a fraction of your current TP from you to do extra damage (MST and max HP are not figured into this).

Again:
Gush
Geist
Zalure
Possibly Berserk

Nai_Calus
Aug 4, 2004, 06:48 PM
On 2004-08-04 15:46, Shigecki wrote:

I believe spirit only takes 1/6 of your total tp, so this would be great for a FO, as well as any class but a robot.

...So, if it takes 1/6th of your TP, how does it last any longer on a RAmarl than on a HUmar, or a RAmar? 1/6th is 1/6th, regardless of how much HP/TP you have initially. You have 600 TP, it takes 100. You have 1200 TP, it takes 200. Your MST/amount of TP taken doesn't affect the power, so by your arguments, it's actually WORSE on anyone with good MST, as it costs more for them and they have more TP to have to refill.

And which is less expensive and irksome of the following?

Heavy, Berserk, Berserk, Heavy, Berserk, Berserk, Resta/Mate, Heavy, Berserk, Berserk, etc

or

Heavy, Spirit, Spirit, Heavy, Spirit, Spirit, fluid, Heavy, Spirit, Spirit, etc

?

Not to mention that you can heal yourself on TP a maximum of 30 times, and Mono/Difluids don't go very far. If you're a droid, you can get a max of 40 HP heals assuming being by yourself. If you're a fleshbag, you can heal yourself as many Restas as you get out of 10 Monofluids, 10 Difluids and 10 Trifluids, plus 40 more times if you carry a droid's healing arsenal. Guess who isn't going back to P2 any time soon?

Also, saying ANY special on an S-Rank is good for Forces is just ignorant and stupid. They lack the ATA to be even remotely effective with any of them. And a Force's TP assuming they COULD hit is FAR better spent supporting the team than being wasted on a very crappy special.

Shigecki
Aug 4, 2004, 08:12 PM
I guess I touched on a nerve, and this has turned into "Bash the guy who thinks different than you." I never stated that it would last any longer with a ramarl, what I said was they have a lot of TP, that is being waisted in a team game, since the FO will be doing most, if not all the techs. So why not use your TP for something like oh I don't know, how about strengthen your attack, and still would have TP left over to heal if you play with a bad support force, or out of range for the FO to heal you.

I never said the more MST ment the more damage, and don't know where that came from.

Your argument about money, and any argument about money doesn't make any sense to me, money is the easiest thing to come across in the game. Make an ult forest run, bam, about 30,000 - 40,000 meseta. That more than makes up for the loss of meseta due to the use of fluids.

Like i said, I have a humar that has a spirit twin, and use it quite often(main weapon). I never have to make a trip back to pioneer one, ever. Fluids drop all the time, and I don't have to rely on anyone to keep me alive just to show how much damage I can do. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

As far as the heavy, berserk, berserk. I don't remember the last time I played in a game where it was necessary to do that much damage.

But then again, I'm just stupid and ignorant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shigecki on 2004-08-04 18:26 ]</font>

gream-green
Aug 5, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-08-04 16:07, Ketchup345 wrote:
More MST does not mean more damage with Spirit. Spirit and Berserk take a fraction of your current TP from you to do extra damage (MST and max HP are not figured into this).

Again:
Gush
Geist
Zalure
Possibly Berserk

Ketchup I am not sure this makes sense? More MST>TP>damage, so it may not be directly related but it certainly has a large effect. I have no idea why I would use geist with a Ramar(l)? Thanks for the advice Shigecki, I sure wish it was not so expensive to try a "special" out.

Ketchup345
Aug 5, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-08-05 12:49, gream-green wrote:
Ketchup I am not sure this makes sense? More MST>TP>damage, so it may not be directly related but it certainly has a large effect. I have no idea why I would use geist with a Ramar(l)? Thanks for the advice Shigecki, I sure wish it was not so expensive to try a "special" out.

It isn't related. A RAmar using a Spirit Needle will do the same damage as a RAmarl using a Spirit Needle (assuming they have the same ATP, and same grind, etc.).

Geist with a RAmarl:
Often, RAmarls are the support of the team (at least in my groups). They have to keep each enemy Jellen and Zalured (some may be unneccessary given the area and enemy and difficulty)., and everyone Shiftaed and Debanded. Combine this with somewhat frequent Resta (especially if you melee too), and you will be going through a lot of TP (since you weren't made for supporting a team). Geist will allow you not carry around *fluids (especially since there is no penalty on Needles), and quickly refill your TP (each hit drawing in 6% of your Max TP, meaning each button press can bring in 90% of your max TP).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-05 13:08 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 5, 2004, 03:38 PM
Berserk, Berserk, Berserk

Carry Trifluids for TP, even faster than Geist >_>

Spirit sucks and Zalure does not make as efficient as Berserk.

BERSERK

gream-green
Aug 5, 2004, 03:48 PM
On 2004-08-05 13:38, Kef wrote:
Berserk, Berserk, Berserk

Carry Trifluids for TP, even faster than Geist >_>

Spirit sucks and Zalure does not make as efficient as Berserk.

BERSERK

I gotcha Ketchup, I never really considered playing a support Ramar(l) hmm...interesting (too many forces). So Kef how do I stay alive with Berserk and a needle, I 100% understand what you are saying but how would I live through that? I'm still not convinced Spirt sucks for they style Ramar(l) I play...and I don't see the berserk being very realistic as Sitka has told me it was to crazy for his Racast 90 levels up on my Ramar. Looks like I wil be wasting some PD's one way or another.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif thanks for the input y'all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-08-05 13:48 ]</font>

Hrith
Aug 5, 2004, 04:02 PM
well I've been using Berserk S-Rank Slicer and Shot since Lv 160ish, with RAmarl's average HP, and it never was a problem >_>
I'm a good PSO player, but I don't suppose I'm better than Sitka or you...

just don't (over)use it in Ruins/Seabed/Towers, but elsewhere it pwns everything, actually, it really pwns Tower =/ monsters there kill you in one hit anyway -_-
and it slaughters bosses with several weak points

I'd lend you mine so you try it, but I need to get it first >_>

Berserk is by far the best special for RAmarls and HUnewearls, and Spirit really sucks, it sucks so bad I like Burning better.

gream-green
Aug 5, 2004, 04:10 PM
On 2004-08-05 14:02, Kef wrote:
well I've been using Berserk S-Rank Slicer and Shot since Lv 160ish, with RAmarl's average HP, and it never was a problem >_>
I'm a good PSO player, but I don't suppose I'm better than Sitka or you...

just don't (over)use it in Ruins/Seabed/Towers, but elsewhere it pwns everything, actually, it really pwns Tower =/ monsters there kill you in one hit anyway -_-
and it slaughters bosses with several weak points

I'd lend you mine so you try it, but I need to get it first >_>

Berserk is by far the best special for RAmarls and HUnewearls, and Spirit really sucks, it sucks so bad I like Burning better.

Well I think maybe I just need to try it, I can definetly see how Berserk on a j-cutter would be off the chain, I never really even considered the slicer option which also sounds very nice(kicks self fo rnot trying berserk on a slicer, thats fundamentally a great idea I cannot believe I overlooked it)..interesting options, intersting options.

Oh and I know you are dead right about the muti-point Bosses, even a flight fan tears them up...so I can only imagine what an s-rank slicer would do.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif again thanks