PDA

View Full Version : Whats so special...

Neonnangel
Aug 3, 2004, 01:14 PM
Honestly whats so special.. besides the fact that the red weapons are... (from what i can see) just for show. Please help me if im missing something.

Ketchup345
Aug 3, 2004, 01:16 PM
They are often the most powerful weapon of that series. If not the most powerful, close to it.

They have a very high grind, and at least decent ATA. Plus some can be piped, giving you a high chance to get one with hit%.

Clearing up your English would help people understand what you are trying to say better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-08-03 11:17 ]</font>

Neonnangel
Aug 3, 2004, 01:20 PM
I knoticed that they do infact have a very high grind, and im sorry about the jibberish. It just kinda came out in blobs. lol

Eihwaz
Aug 3, 2004, 05:35 PM
Quick correction Ketchup, it might be better to say Red weapons are -near- the top of their class; few of them are the best weapon of their class.

Anyway, Red weapons are strong, and look cool. And of course, you can use them to see Flowen, which is always cool.

digigram
Aug 3, 2004, 05:59 PM
I only have/had 3 types of red weapons..

red mechguns +somethin ? (forgot)
red handgun +50
red saber (loaned it to a friend which i turn got it froze).... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I can definately say these weapons are pretty cool, although i'm confused as to why the they genrally have crappy specials. whats the deal with these specials..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-08-03 16:00 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Aug 3, 2004, 06:01 PM
The Mechguns should have a confuse special.

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=228

YodaSmack
Aug 3, 2004, 06:03 PM
you can see flowen? what do u mean

Jason
Aug 3, 2004, 06:05 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:03, YodaSmack wrote:
you can see flowen? what do u mean

Uh oh, Eihwaz. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

digigram
Aug 3, 2004, 06:05 PM
havoc for mech
steal hp for saber and
zonde for handgun.

they'd be useful if they worked a ton, but havoc on my mechs, with a 135 RAcaseal and high high ATA, it doens't work half the time... hell ..most of the time.

Nai_Calus
Aug 3, 2004, 06:08 PM
They should, but he wasn't asking what the special was, he was asking why the Red Weapons all have shitty specials. XP

And NONE of the Red Weapons are the best of their class.

Red Saber - Lavis is stronger.
Red Handgun - Strongest for HU/FO, RAs get better.
Red Partisan - Soul Banish and S-Rank Partisan are better.
Red Sword - S-Rank and Tsumikiri J-Sword are better.
Red Daggers - One of the weaker daggers, actually. Lavis Blades, S-Red's Blades, S-Berrill's Hands #1 are all better.
Red Mechguns - Guld Milla is stronger and has a better special, Yasminkov 9000M is arguably more useful. HUs can't use it, making it eh.
Red Slicer - Flight Cutter and Rainbow Baton are better, Flight Fan is nearly tied.

The red weapons DO have the advantage of being generally easy to find, but there's better out there than all of them.

Eihwaz
Aug 3, 2004, 10:02 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:08, Ian-KunX wrote:.
Red Daggers - One of the weaker daggers, actually. Lavis Blades, S-Red's Blades, S-Berrill's Hands #1 are all better.

I disagree; S-Berril's Hands #1 aren't as good as Red Daggers.

Red Daggers: 375-410 ATP, 35 ATA, Soul Special
S-Berril's Hand#1: 350-351, 30 ATA, Chaos Special
(This is given that they're both fully ground)

This is clear proof that Red Daggers are better, stats-wise. They have more ATP even at their weakest variable ATP point, and 5 more ATA. They also can have a chance at Hit, and do not require PDs (for the Berril Photon) and an enemy part to obtain.

In terms of special, it's kinda moot. Soul can be useful for HUmars or HUnls, but is totally worthless to HUcasts or HUcls. Chaos could be useful for anyone, I suppose. But who's going to want to inflict Chaos to only one enemy at a time?

Anyway, in conclusion, Red Daggers are clearly better than S-Berril's Hand#1. This would make them approximately the third best Daggers in the game, after Lavis Blades and S-Red's Blade.

EDIT: YodaSmack, I mean that if you use a Red Weapon to fight Olga Flow, don't switch to another weapon/unequip it, and beat him in an online or offline multiplayer game, you can go to the place where you fought him, and you can see the spirit of Heathcliff Flowen. Just a nice little extra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-03 20:05 ]</font>

Skorpius
Aug 3, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:08, Ian-KunX wrote:
Red Saber - Lavis is stronger.
Red Partisan - Soul Banish and S-Rank Partisan are better.
Red Mechguns - Guld Milla is stronger and has a better special, Yasminkov 9000M is arguably more useful. HUs can't use it, making it eh.
Red Slicer - Flight Cutter and Rainbow Baton are better, Flight Fan is nearly tied.

In all these cases, the red weapons are way easier to obtain overall :l
I can see costing a tad bit of atp and/or ata for rarity...

Neonnangel
Aug 3, 2004, 11:56 PM
*has a blank look on face* Oh... anyway, they looked to be a little weaker than other weapons... oh well. Thanks alot guys for your input, but they still dont have a double saber.

Eihwaz
Aug 4, 2004, 08:45 AM
On 2004-08-03 21:56, Neonnangel wrote:
*has a blank look on face* Oh... anyway, they looked to be a little weaker than other weapons... oh well. Thanks alot guys for your input, but they still dont have a double saber.

Red Twin would be the most awesome thing ever. Usable by FOrces, so they can -finally- have a good Double Saber, other than the 9-Star one and the S-Rank, of course.

I can just imagine how it would look, too. Like two slimmer Red Sabers fused together. <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-04 06:45 ]</font>

BladeofDarkness
Aug 4, 2004, 12:25 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:08, Ian-KunX wrote:
They should, but he wasn't asking what the special was, he was asking why the Red Weapons all have shitty specials. XP

And NONE of the Red Weapons are the best of their class.

(all stats include full grind)
Red Handgun has 400 atp and 46 ata
Handgun: Milla has 368-378 atp and 48 ata
Handgun: Guld has 388-418 atp and 36 ata
Yas 2000H has 360 atp and 45 ata
So, red handgun has more power then milla but 2 less ata, has 18 less atp but 10 more ata then guld and has 40 more atp and 1 more ata then the yas. IMO Red Handgun is better then all of those since it's easy to find and you can get hit %s easily.

Red Slicer has 280-290 atp and 38 ata
Flight Cutter has 268-278 atp and 40 ata
Flight Fan has 215-230 atp and 34 ata
Rainbow Baton has 348-368 and 40 ata

Rainbow Baton is obviously better especially since it's uber easy to get 50 hit and it has the by far the best atp but Red Slicer is obviously second best.

Red Daggers have 375-410 atp and 35 ata
Berril Hands #1 have 350-351 atp and 30 ata
S-Red's Blades have 370-380 atp and 39 ata
Lavis Blades have 400-420 atp and 40 ata

Red Daggers are probably still in 3rd even though they're stronger then S-Reds just because the s/d is awesome for hucast/caseals/mars. However, if you're a hunewearl Red Daggers are awesome since they're tons easier to get then Lavis Blades. In any case they're obviously not "one of the weaker daggers".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-08-04 10:31 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Aug 4, 2004, 01:24 PM
I already showed that Red Daggers are better than S-Berril's Hands#1, but it's really moot; I mean, I'd rather just use Demolition Comet anyway.

RedSchwar
Aug 4, 2004, 03:29 PM

I disagree. The Red Sword has 15 more ATP. Yes, it is 15 more variable ATP but it's still more. The Red Sword also has better ATA and can get hit %s, whereas an S-Rank cannot.

TJ-Sword cannot be obtained without hacking. The 23k kills theory is definitely not true. Nowhere is there a video of it being unsealed.

At this time, Red Sword is the best findable sword in PSO.

Ketchup345
Aug 4, 2004, 03:34 PM
On 2004-08-04 13:29, RedSchwar wrote:
TJ-Sword cannot be obtained without hacking. The 23k kills theory is definitely not true. Nowhere is there a video of it being unsealed.

Better is almost always an opinion.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0
RedSchwar -> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_quickdraw.gif <- Me

And like I said, they are either at, or near the top of their class. I did not say that they are always the best.

Neonnangel
Aug 4, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-08-04 06:45, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2004-08-03 21:56, Neonnangel wrote:

Red Twin would be the most awesome thing ever. Usable by FOrces, so they can -finally- have a good Double Saber, other than the 9-Star one and the S-Rank, of course.

I can just imagine how it would look, too. Like two slimmer Red Sabers fused together. <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-08-04 06:45 ]</font>

Well im shure we all know "how" it would look. Stag Cutlery, but if the red twin "did" exist. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif im shure you could use it unlike the Stag. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif i cant use it either. I have caseals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RedSchwar
Aug 4, 2004, 03:51 PM
Ketchup, I personally find that to be a non-credible source, as does most of PSO.

The consensus is that at this time there is no way to unseal a J-Sword. Let's wait for actual proof.

When that day arrives I'll be perfectly happy admitting that Red Sword is no longer the best in the game.

Ketchup345
Aug 4, 2004, 04:04 PM
On 2004-08-04 13:51, RedSchwar wrote:
Ketchup, I personally find that to be a non-credible source, as does most of PSO.

The consensus is that at this time there is no way to unseal a J-Sword. Let's wait for actual proof.

When that day arrives I'll be perfectly happy admitting that Red Sword is no longer the best in the game.

A) We had a confirmation
B) This is the best we have to go on
C) I don't know many people who actually doubt the kill count
D) I have not heard more than two people say that it can't be unsealed since I compiled that sticky

Anyways, the Red weapons are (mostly) easy to find, very powerful, and almost always near the best of their class. The specials aren't always that good though.

Hrith
Aug 4, 2004, 04:21 PM
I find Red Sword to be the 5th or 6th best sword in game, don't make me laugh >_>

On 2004-08-04 10:25, BladeofDarkness wrote:
Red Handgun has 400 atp and 46 ata
Handgun: Milla has 368-378 atp and 48 ata
Handgun: Guld has 388-418 atp and 36 ata
Yas 2000H has 360 atp and 45 ata
So, red handgun has more power then milla but 2 less ata, has 18 less atp but 10 more ata then guld and has 40 more atp and 1 more ata then the yas. IMO Red Handgun is better then all of those since it's easy to find and you can get hit %s easily.
Ruby Bullet has 350 ATP and 60 ATA, and looks terrific.
S-Rank Gun has 410 ATP and 45 ATA, and custom special.

SJ
Aug 4, 2004, 04:38 PM
On 2004-08-04 13:29, RedSchwar wrote:

I disagree. The Red Sword has 15 more ATP. Yes, it is 15 more variable ATP but it's still more. The Red Sword also has better ATA and can get hit %s, whereas an S-Rank cannot.

1. TJS can be obtained.
2. Red Sword is by far the ugliest out of the 3.
3. Srank Sword can have an awesome special.
4. Variable atp is unreliable, also crap on any class except Huney...