PDA

View Full Version : Technique distribution in GCN PSO.

Parn
Jun 16, 2002, 07:35 PM
I've read various posts about technique distribution on various forums, and the only concrete thing so far is the non-force classes lacking Shifta specifically.

What is the EXACT technique listing for each of the technique wielding, non-force classes? Or rather, which techniques do each of them lack?

So far I've gotten this much on which techniques they lack:

HUmar
-------------------
Shifta
Deband
Reverser (unconfirmed)
Megid (unconfirmed)

RAmar
-------------------
er... nothing reported so far

RAmarl
-------------------
Shifta
Reverser

HUnewearl
-------------------
Shifta
Reverser (unconfirmed)

If any trial players can confirm anything, it'd be much appreciated. It's not urgent or anything, but I'm just really curious. Thanks ahead of time.

watashiwa
Jun 16, 2002, 10:22 PM
You heard wrong about RAmarl not having shifta. The ONLY spells RAmarl does not have is Megid, Grants, and Reverser. I know, I have a RAmarl.

She can even learn Ryuker.

I have no clue about the other classes, though.

faceless
Jun 16, 2002, 11:08 PM
you counted Gi- and Ra- spells right?

watashiwa
Jun 17, 2002, 05:26 AM
On 2002-06-16 21:08, faceless wrote:
you counted Gi- and Ra- spells right?

Yep. I've learned every single spell on my RAmarl, 'cept for the three I mentioned.

Kent
Jun 17, 2002, 09:09 AM
I know this is a bit off topic, but it has to do with MST.

From what I hear, the amount of power behind a Photon Blast in the trial is determined by the user's MST. Does this mean that the PB of an android is useless, if true (seeing as they are just mindless bots, no MST)?

watashiwa
Jun 17, 2002, 09:13 AM
On 2002-06-17 07:09, Kent wrote:
Does this mean that the PB of an android is useless, if true (seeing as they are just mindless bots, no MST)?

Yep, so try to teach your Android's mag Resta or the Shifta & Deband twins.

MarkXIII
Jun 17, 2002, 10:39 AM
Ok, i have to admit, thats pretty f'n stupid. For offline only games that wouldn't matter much but online i dunno. ST tinkering a bit too much? A mag is robotic/mechanical in nature so if it can cast or help cast a PB then it contradicts what they are doing.

Parn
Jun 17, 2002, 02:27 PM
Not really.

Their aim is to make forces a more dominant class. This simply helps make androids more dependant on forces than ever.

Non-force organic characters lose several techniques, androids lose photon blasts, forces gain some power. Fair enough.

Defend
Jun 17, 2002, 05:26 PM
I doubt PBs will depend only on MST. In DC PSO every PB had a different requirement.

Mylla and Youlla just wanted good IQ, while Pilla actually depended on your extended ATP. Having Shifta, and your strongest weapon equipped actually powered up Pilla.

I doubt they'd go down to only 1 requirement for GC PSO.

Ina
Jun 17, 2002, 06:16 PM
does it really matters that much if we can't use shifta/deband offline? I know it's hard in DC's Ult, may b they have scaled down the difficulties, so GC's ultimate is actually easier than the DC's one. As long as every non-force get to use resta, i will b fine.
I dun mind if PB is depends on MST, i nvr did rely on PB in the DC PSO anyway

OMAR
Jun 17, 2002, 06:22 PM
hucasts rule and they will own pso for life...now with all these changes maybe people will shut there mouths about hucasts being easy to play with and shits...to me a force is way easier and dominant in online mode of pso because they can sit back and cast spells...they are practically the most versitile of the group...but androids deserve respect because they kick much ass and they look good doing it:) anyway PSO rules and everyone should get it !!!!!!!! LOL

MarkXIII
Jun 17, 2002, 06:43 PM
I guess thats one way to look at it. Thanx Omar! heh

From now on i'll just consider myself hardcore for playing a HUcast.

Parn
Jun 17, 2002, 07:23 PM

I hear arguments back and forth about what class is harder to play all the time. Force players will bitch about how hunters are so easy to play (yeah because, it's REAL difficult to cast spells from a distance and avoid getting hit), android players will say how easy it is to play classes that use techs (yeah, and it's real hard to just consistently tap that A button while everyone else keeps you loaded with support techs), and so forth.

It's all a bunch of nonsense. Each class is good for whatever situation, and when it comes right down to it, character LOOKS are what a lot of us pick whichever class for. I won't play anything but a HUmar, since I model the character to resemble myself. It has nothing to do with an "easy" or "hard" game for myself. PSO's standard gaming mode is NOT a challenging game in any way, shape, or form.

Defend
Jun 17, 2002, 08:45 PM
If droids can't use Mylla and Youlla PBs.. I'll be gobsmacked. I used mags 90% for that, and could keep myself pretty reliably s/d'd offline (Kaloo the RAcast =] ).

That PB was part of what made droids so good despite their lacking options. They could get around about everything.

BaronLaw
Jun 17, 2002, 10:08 PM
I'll simply remake my RAmar from PSO/PSO V2.
Whatever their limitations in terms of techniques in PSO episode 1&2, I nevertheless like their versatility.

BaronLaw

HC82
Jun 18, 2002, 04:23 AM
Hmm...well the tinkering had to be done due to ver2 being quite imbalanced.

These changes IMO are a GOOD thing. The game it's self will probably be different then what you've faced in ver2 so I don't think you can hold any experience in ver2 in relation to how these changes will effect GC PSO.

IMO a FO is not that hard to play as. The more magic oriented the FO, the harder it is to cope with offline mode in a faster time.

Just that a FO offline is the most difficult to level up in relation to the other classes, and also when starting out at lower levels.

Also some folk tend to have problems with playing a FO as a proper support character, ive met a few. I just told them "Keep shifta deband up at all times, and jellen/zalure the enemies" and that increased there team effort up big time.

The problem is that LEVELING a FO quickly in relation to the other classes is whats the "challenging part"...offline too.

Snagging kills is what gives you the brunt of your exp. So if you stand in the back and do nothing but cast you make out with some pathetic exp...VERY pathetic exp. Like 60% of the hunter share.

I should know...doing the ruins back in my early days was quite sad exp wise when compared to how the hunters made out.

If a FO goes through the Forest and kills a bartle, that exp amount is almost similar to the exp amount you get from the "shared exp" gained in the ruins from a enemy like merlan.

If you play a legit FO you aren't going to be killing much of anything in the online ruins, but your team will need you...unless your packing a 55% summit moon. Even FOmarls miss alot with a red gun in ruins, although it is better then nothing. This is assuming your teammates have 1337 picks...cause with your support techs on they shred through foes like a knife through butter.

Skillwise FOs aren't harder to play as, then say a legit HUcast playing in offline ruins who doesn't want to be a trap whore. They need alot of "work" in terms of gear and a decent leveling routine so you can actually benefit from playing with teammates then fighting solo in Mop up #1...it takes ALOT of time trying to get a decent Fo wep with 55%. This is assuming your trying to make your force a bit more effective then just casting support spells...which will in mosts cases do the job for your team 100%....but to yourself your not being at your full potenial.

With that said you can see why FOs are getting a much needed boost. Yea it rocked when you had a FO with leve 30 techs in the team...but for the FO it didn't rock that much when there damage techs dealt garbage damage online and made out with poor exp.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-06-18 02:25 ]</font>

watashiwa
Jun 18, 2002, 07:06 AM
Well, I started my FOmar the other day and I'm already level 22 with him.

I leveled up solo mostly, as well. FOmar is not nearly as hard as the other forces to start out with because he actually gets some type of attacking power in addition to MST. You can pretty much do a couple of Foie blasts in the forest and combo the enemies with your cane to finish them off. Even better if you find a cane or saber with native percentage.

FOmar is the definitely the new "tank" force of Episode I and Episode II, easily, as he is able to learn all spells and can also melee.

Wewt
Jun 18, 2002, 08:50 AM
Wata, do you have any idea which class casts techs the fastest?

watashiwa
Jun 18, 2002, 09:38 AM
On 2002-06-18 06:50, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

HUmar, FOmar and FOnewm WITHOUT weapons equipped.

MarkXIII
Jun 18, 2002, 10:15 AM
On 2002-06-18 07:38, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-06-18 06:50, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

HUmar, FOmar and FOnewm WITHOUT weapons equipped.

Thats sure to piss Alisha off. lol

Wewt
Jun 18, 2002, 10:20 AM
Oh, so it's the same then.

Rubesahl
Jun 18, 2002, 10:31 AM
It's true, no class really is easier than the other. I am a force and I have played Humars, Hucast and racaseal. `I have to be honest and say that forces have the roughest start of the three in offline and in online. But yes once they get their techniques they have more easy, since they can heal, all the support spells together do a lot of difference. HUcast are really SUPER EASY I see them more like a more powerful HUmar but without techs. That's a downfall since they can't do anything from the distance and now even less with Spread Needle taken http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif heheh Rangers are definitely long range and I like that. That's why I'm making a RAmarl when I get Ep 1 & 2 ^__^v But my main will be FOmar. I've always liked magical characters cause of their abilities and most have a cool look http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif That's my opinion ofcourse. I think what ST did was give forces a bit more stuff so they'll be just as needed as a Hunter is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shrevn
Jun 18, 2002, 08:01 PM
aww... that sucks i didnt know they were taking down some tecks for some characters
I think they shoulda left it the way it was but this way it makes it kinda more fun since its goign to be yet even more of a challenge to play!

With no %60 and nO s/d and NEDDLE....
man this is gona kick MAJOR ASS!!!

Wewt
Jun 18, 2002, 08:07 PM
...60% is no longer the limit. My friend GammaSC has seen a 90% A.Beast Buster.

watashiwa
Jun 18, 2002, 08:14 PM
On 2002-06-18 18:07, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Haha. My good man, I don't believe that was legit. =P

Wewt
Jun 18, 2002, 08:17 PM
On 2002-06-18 18:14, watashiwa wrote:

On 2002-06-18 18:07, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Haha. My good man, I don't believe that was legit. =P

Well...I don't think he'd lie...and plus he said it was Kaetwyn/Psyael that found it. He is umm..VERY legit.

Alisha
Jun 18, 2002, 10:01 PM
haha mark that doesnt really bother me anymore i was just making excuses for my lack of skill

Khaotika
Jun 18, 2002, 10:32 PM
On 2002-06-17 17:23, Parn wrote:

I hear arguments back and forth about what class is harder to play all the time. Force players will bitch about how hunters are so easy to play (yeah because, it's REAL difficult to cast spells from a distance and avoid getting hit), android players will say how easy it is to play classes that use techs (yeah, and it's real hard to just consistently tap that A button while everyone else keeps you loaded with support techs), and so forth.

It's all a bunch of nonsense. Each class is good for whatever situation, and when it comes right down to it, character LOOKS are what a lot of us pick whichever class for. I won't play anything but a HUmar, since I model the character to resemble myself. It has nothing to do with an "easy" or "hard" game for myself. PSO's standard gaming mode is NOT a challenging game in any way, shape, or form.

Nice to see there's a voice of reason still here at PSOW.

Remaining on topic - The PB situation will probably be redone for the final version, but they'll probably still retain some sort of balance.

On the subject of Forces...yes, it certainly is harder than hell to work your way through the game offline. I can make it through Ultimate Caves with a hacked Umbrella, but Mines stops my FOnewearl cold. I am beyond ecstatic that Forces are getting an upgrade.

BTW, has anyone beaten Ulti Falz offline with a Force? I'd like to hear their story. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Khaotika!

"HUmars have fast tech cast? Sounds like more balancing going on..."

Alisha
Jun 18, 2002, 10:43 PM
ive done it with my fomarl but i had to stoop to using a soniti
FOmarl POWA!

Alisha
Jun 18, 2002, 10:44 PM
ive done it with my fomarl but i had to stoop to using a soniti
FOmarl POWA!
http://www.pso-help.com/pics4/fomarl.gif

Kent
Jun 18, 2002, 10:52 PM
I don't supose we could get a list of all the classes' starting stats anytime soon...

Khaotika
Jun 18, 2002, 11:01 PM
On 2002-06-18 20:52, Kent wrote:
I don't supose we could get a list of all the classes' starting stats anytime soon...

Good idea. But the thing of it is, they might change for the final version.

Still, inquiring minds DO want to know. Wata? Mindshare? Anyone? Bueller?

Alisha: LOLs Soniti POWA! How many hrs did it take you? hee hee...

-Khaotika!

"Hmm...just how good are these new-fangled FOmars? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif"

HC82
Jun 18, 2002, 11:06 PM
Male characters still cast faster barehanded?

Why don't they just set the casting speeds of all the classes the same regardless of weapon? It totally throws battlemode out of wack when a HUmar can out cast a HUnewearl with ease if there barefisted(seeing barefisted folk is quite common in certain battlemodes).

Hmm...if FOmar is the new tanking FO I hope techs are atleast more powerfull in general(or MST has a greater effect in terms of damage)...otherwise you'll have everyone being a FOmar because "techs suck", and they can still s/d j/z at level 30 at the effectivness of any other FO.

I actually planned as playing a FOmar anyway, but I still want to see some balance between the classes.

As for beating ulti with a FO

I felt like challenging myself so....

I managed to beat online ulti at the time with level 153 or so FOnewearl, using a pair of 0% S rank mechs and my bana.

Explantaion:

Falz has lower dfp then his lame minions so I was able to do about 120 damage per shot. Out of the 9 shots only about 50% would connect on average...the last 3 would usually connect.

Just popped on 4 God/Hps and I was good to go in terms of surviving Falzs swipe...had like 2 HP left after the swipe so I just had to resta and my hp was full again. The god/hps gave me +160 HP so I was like few hp over the slash limit.

Since dfp is worthless when fighting falzs last form, I equiped a armor and shield with high edk so I wouldn't die to his megid, thus saving me scapes. I had enough HP to survie grants so I didn't need any light resist.

By level 131 I had enough HP to survive his 3rd form where those DAMN dervants sworm you. I just had to keep moving forward and only a few would hit me. So by 153 I was able to take more dervant hits since I had alot more hp.

I'd pop a trimate, dimate, or Star during the 3rd form so I wouldn't spend time having to cast resta when falz would expose which ball like underbelly. Since hes so damn fast when I actually got close to him he'd start throwing out dervants like a mofo, so I'd have very little time to shoot him if I had to resta constanly. Although some times he'd play nice and expose his belly after throwing out the dervants so I'd use resta then.

For me his 3rd form was the hardest because many times he'd throw out dervants while his belly was exposed so I'd have very little time to shoot him...thus it took awhile.

I used a few scapes, mostly during the 3rd form and last form. Those white balls of light he throws out during his last form can be a pain in the ass to evade properly so I'd atleast get hit my one ball then resta...if I got hit by two in a row I would die.

Banas invin kicked in a few times so I had some spare supplies on me after beating flaz.

Took a VERY long time to complete....VERY long time...Like a good hour...iam dead serious. Good thing I had 1337 TP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-06-18 21:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2002-06-18 22:09 ]</font>

Mag_Launcher
Jun 18, 2002, 11:40 PM
... His name is Falz. Dark Falz.
His name isn't spelled Flaz, and it doesn't rhyme with Chaz, ok? Got it? good.
Oh, BTW, you DO know how to correctly spell the word "Orotiagito", right? Lot's of people have trouble spelling it.

Javier_Von_Fenrir
Jun 18, 2002, 11:44 PM
Actually, I like the idea that Andriod's PBs will be weak and almost useless. It adds balance to the game. What other handicaps have been added to PSO?

HC82
Jun 19, 2002, 12:06 AM
On 2002-06-18 21:40, Mag_Launcher wrote:
... His name is Falz. Dark Falz.
His name isn't spelled Flaz, and it doesn't rhyme with Chaz, ok? Got it? good.
Oh, BTW, you DO know how to correctly spell the word "Orotiagito", right? Lot's of people have trouble spelling it.

It's called a TYPO. I spelled it write the first time, but flubbed it up in all the following times. Big whoop...I didn't even proof read it, since the first "edit" was to answer the question khotika asked.

No clue what OROTIAGITO has to do with this, I found one legitly if that holds any merit, and I know how to spell it. But if I made a typo, i'd just fix it.

If anything it should be Dark Force from PSII~III~IV.

I don't know why they even bothered with the orginal spelling of it from PSI, which if I remeber correctly was a translation error, the Falz that is. Unless Falz is the name used for someone taken over by dark force, since that is case in PSO and PSI, but not in any of the other PS.

*HC82 edits Flaz to Falz in his orginal, unproof read post for all those who have something against minor typos.

MarkXIII
Jun 19, 2002, 11:20 AM
On 2002-06-18 20:01, Alisha wrote:
haha mark that doesnt really bother me anymore i was just making excuses for my lack of skill

lmao No comment.
I'll just say i cant wait till we battle in a few months. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif You'll just need to give me a few days to freshen my mediocre skills.

Malkavian
Jun 19, 2002, 11:55 AM
Actually FOnewearls can defeat ult falz offline at low lv...
I did it at lv 83.. yeah started ruins at lv 79 and reached falz at lv 83.
Inventary full of dolls, bana and lv 30 techs using god technique.
In Offline mode falz has less hp and techs do more damage.
2 rabarta kill dervants in 1st part.
Razonde does nice damage to 2nd part and rabarta to get down the dervants.
3rd part is hardest grants from far cause it has auto-target and barta from near (fast, low tp, and powerful)

For last form foie foie and more foie, when he is up gifoie because it hurts him.
ANd it didn't took 2 long maybe 15-20 min

MarkXIII
Jun 19, 2002, 02:09 PM
hey.to/pso posted this pic today.
http://www.planetps2.com/pe2/pso/gallery/199008.jpg
Should end any % limit debate.

Wewt
Jun 19, 2002, 05:17 PM
Cool, nice pic there.

Alisha
Jun 19, 2002, 05:33 PM
the correct spelling is Orochi Agito

Moo2u
Jun 19, 2002, 07:57 PM
On 2002-06-19 15:33, Alisha wrote:
the correct spelling is Orochi Agito

Pwfff! Who cares!

Life is much too short to worry about little things like spelling and grammar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kent
Jun 19, 2002, 10:12 PM
D'oh!

...Where's the delete checkbox?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2002-06-20 01:21 ]</font>

Wewt
Jun 19, 2002, 10:59 PM
I proved a mod wrong....this should be an automatic $1,000,000 reward for doing so.