PDA

View Full Version : Section ID Question

wislac
Aug 3, 2004, 06:03 PM
I played this on the DC and the GC, I'm just starting on the xbox.... just wondering, since I never really played as a force before, what's the best section ID, Pinkal?

RicoRoyal
Aug 3, 2004, 06:12 PM
If your FO is your first and only character, then yes, Pinkal would be best. Keep in mind, however, that once you get any other ID, the value of Pinkal starts plummeting exponentially. You have been warned.

Eihwaz
Aug 3, 2004, 06:15 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:03, wislac wrote:
I played this on the DC and the GC, I'm just starting on the xbox.... just wondering, since I never really played as a force before, what's the best section ID, Pinkal?

Dude...hell no. Pinkal is not only a mediocre FOrce ID at BEST, it's the WORST ID in the whole entire game. Avoid it like the plague, and make your FOrce a Redria or Purplenum.

Kthxbai.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 3, 2004, 06:20 PM
On 2004-08-03 16:15, Eihwaz wrote:

On 2004-08-03 16:03, wislac wrote:

Dude...hell no. Pinkal is not only a mediocre FOrce ID at BEST, it's the WORST ID in the whole entire game. Avoid it like the plague, and make your FOrce a Redria or Purplenum.

Kthxbai.

i think it wil be useful when you have nother characters as the force will want the 9* wands for tech boosts. but next to anything else i agree it does suck. but everyone needs a redria

RicoRoyal
Aug 3, 2004, 06:24 PM
Hmmm, I beat you to it yet again, Eihwaz. But it appears that for the first time ever, we seem to disagree in our statements.

Wislac has asked us to keep in mind that this is his first FO, and on top of that, his very first character on xbox. I hate Pinkal with a passion, but I do recognize that it is great for getting someone started with a FO (9 star weps and amps abound), assuming that person doesn't have any other characters or IDs. This brings me to something else altogether...

Wislac, I really do not recommend you make your first character a FO. A Force is a delicate, complicated character that usually requires the aid of more than just one Section ID to fullfill it's needs (speaking in terms of items). I would suggest you make one, if not two other characters before you consider making a FO. If you do that, I would also recommend you never make, or even consider making, a Pinkal anything.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 3, 2004, 06:33 PM
folloing on from rico's advice, the most commonly assumed "best" combonation of 4 ID's is s follows:

skyly - for hunter rares, swords etc
redria- an amazing all round ID, finds easiest god/battle and excellent armour
purplenum- ranger rares, predominently mechs(yas 9000m and also eaisest psycho wand) or choose greennill if you prefer rifles
whitill- another all round ID, easy red partisan, only ID for handgun:milla

i think thats it, judging by what ive seen discussed in recent times.

Midnight
Aug 3, 2004, 06:35 PM
but everyone needs a redria

that a good id? i wouldnt know, every character ive ever made has been Pinkal or Viridia (even if i put random characters in, it is one o fthe two...)...good for a HUcast or FOnewm? just wondering...

Saffran
Aug 3, 2004, 06:54 PM
Midnight : On DC, Pinkal is OK for forces. Viridia is good for HUs. (Merlans give out Imperial Picks, which own every other weapon). On GC, I don't really know.

As for the original poster : you'll have fun playing a FO, those are easier to manipulate than on DC. (though on DC they were a load of fun too) Pinkal seem to suck on Xbox, but ultimately your section ID doesn't matter. You're a force, you can go naked through the game and still own it like never...

darthsaber9x9
Aug 3, 2004, 07:04 PM
i did just notice that you said you played it before so your not a complete nub and you should be able to handle a force i assume.

check out the item drop charts and guides on the rest of the site! go to the homepage and navigate using the links on the left!

and noone has said it yet but welcome to PSOW, read the rules, use the guides and avoid fresh kills if you know what's good for you!

wislac
Aug 3, 2004, 07:19 PM
I had a lvl 100 on DC, and a lvl 78 on gc after I decided to quit, never picked up the Ver. 2 on dc so couldn't go higher than 100. I played the Ranger to the max, and then tried the Hunter class... Now I figured I'd try the Force class here on the xbox. My Fo is lvl 26 already, so Oh well on the Pinkal I guess... but I do have fun as a FO, Different from the ranger and hunter, but fun in it's own. BTW, I do know all the tricks and stuff was just curious how the Pinkal stack on the the xbox because I remember on the DC, you needed to be Pinkal to get the Higher Disks....but that's just what I remember.... Thanks Everyone

Vielka
Aug 3, 2004, 07:32 PM
purplenum for a force.. its very well rounded and it will help once you start more characters. enjoy

darthsaber9x9
Aug 3, 2004, 07:36 PM
On 2004-08-03 17:19, wislac wrote:
I had a lvl 100 on DC, and a lvl 78 on gc after I decided to quit, never picked up the Ver. 2 on dc so couldn't go higher than 100. I played the Ranger to the max, and then tried the Hunter class... Now I figured I'd try the Force class here on the xbox. My Fo is lvl 26 already, so Oh well on the Pinkal I guess... but I do have fun as a FO, Different from the ranger and hunter, but fun in it's own. BTW, I do know all the tricks and stuff was just curious how the Pinkal stack on the the xbox because I remember on the DC, you needed to be Pinkal to get the Higher Disks....but that's just what I remember.... Thanks Everyone

on xbox/gc and probably blueburst, all ID's are equal when it comes to disks. pinkal does, however, find the 9* wands very easily indeed, and these give you boosts to your techniques and are probably the moost used weapons for caster forces(at least until you get into the 100s and start acquiring better) but even so they are good through ult as well.

at the end of the day, go ahead and make whatever you can have fun with any ID!

wislac
Aug 3, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking about making my old DC character and playing Him, I had fun and he was a Yellowboze... thanks everyone, just wanted to find out others opinions....

darthsaber9x9
Aug 3, 2004, 07:43 PM
On 2004-08-03 17:41, wislac wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking about making my old DC character and playing Him, I had fun and he was a Yellowboze... thanks everyone, just wanted to find out others opinions....

no problem! helping bumps my post count nearer to 1000!

wislac
Aug 3, 2004, 07:44 PM
OK, another question then, I remember the Spread Needle used to be THE GUN, I see that they lowered the stats to it, what's THE GUN now?

Ketchup345
Aug 3, 2004, 07:50 PM
Spread/S-Rank Needle, Frozen Shooter, GuldMilla/Yasminkov 9000M.

A RAnger's 3/4/5 (depends if you count the Mechs once or twice, and if you count GuldMilla and Yas 9kM separately) best friends.

The Spread/S-Rank Needle has insane speed, and does decent damage (you don't need a ton of ATP from your weapon to do decent damage in this version).

The Frozen Shooter's special is insanely useful.

The GuldMilla is insanely rare, has a special Gush special, and has Shot or Handgun range. The Yasminkov 9000M has Rifle Range. Both of these Mechs have good ATP for a Mechgun.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 3, 2004, 07:55 PM
the condiment above me is correct