View Full Version : Delsaber Attack

Kholdstare
Aug 3, 2004, 07:43 PM
This just crossed my mind recently while playing Ruins on Hard. Why is it that when Delsabers attack you with their "claw", it fills with dark fire? Are they, like, sucking your soul out or something? Just wondering.

Sef
Aug 3, 2004, 08:34 PM
You know, I'm not sure what that does...I used to think that maybe it was just absorbing HP... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Linear88s
Aug 3, 2004, 10:47 PM
Actually, if it hits you, it does drain hp, i had this happen on v.hard, he drained 1 hp like every second, until i killed him. Man it was annoying. LKucky ima racast and didnt really worry that much.

Kholdstare
Aug 3, 2004, 11:53 PM
Oh, ok. That's what it does!

Rainbowlemon
Aug 4, 2004, 03:20 AM
On 2004-08-03 20:47, Linear88s wrote:
Actually, if it hits you, it does drain hp, i had this happen on v.hard, he drained 1 hp like every second, until i killed him. Man it was annoying. LKucky ima racast and didnt really worry that much.

But why does the little green text not come up like other healing things, saying +1?

anwserman
Aug 5, 2004, 02:50 AM
I just got smacked around by a V.Hard Delsaber on purpose and nothing happened, even with all of my equipment... unequipped.

Kholdstare
Aug 5, 2004, 03:09 AM
so there is no answer...

THERE IS NO GOD!!!!

Mystil
Aug 5, 2004, 03:29 PM
Well I do know, it gets stronger with each hit...

Superguppie
Aug 6, 2004, 06:16 AM
Only thing I noticed when it does that is it can not be hit. It simply isn't a target at such moments

Kupi
Aug 6, 2004, 08:49 AM
I don't have the game around to test it any more, but from what I can remember, the little flame on the shield diminished every time the Delsaber used it to block your attack. When it ran out, it tried to use the claw attack, replenishing the flame on the shield and thus allowing it to return to its three hit attack. Of course, it could still use the shield if the flame was out, but hey, I don't claim that Delsabers're smart.

Tact
Aug 6, 2004, 09:04 AM
On 2004-08-06 04:16, Superguppie wrote:
Only thing I noticed when it does that is it can not be hit. It simply isn't a target at such moments

Sorry to correct you, but Photon Launcher-type weapons can break through the shield...perhaps anything that pierces? I'll have to try that with Barta and the Twin Psychoguns.

Tycho
Aug 6, 2004, 09:29 AM
Techs work, just like with Gunners.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tact
Aug 6, 2004, 09:34 AM
On 2004-08-06 07:29, Tycho wrote:
Techs work, just like with Gunners.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Thanks for helping, I guess...I'll still try the Twin Psychogun special on it, though. I'll post the results later.

Superguppie
Aug 6, 2004, 09:38 AM
Techs do seem to work when it does that. My Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen blasts don't. And choppers are useless too. Never tried a Photon Launcher. I should still have a Guilty Light with 50 Hit on it somewhere. I might look it up and try it out....
Difference with gunners is that the gunners ARE hit. Just with 0 damage. When a Delsaber does it's thing, it is unhitable. No 0 damage, no MISS. Just weapons/bullets passing straight through without doing any damage....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-08-06 07:40 ]</font>