PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Modem Adpater

afbla
Aug 3, 2004, 11:01 PM
Will a Japanese Modem Adapter work on a american gamecube?

Arislan
Aug 4, 2004, 02:53 AM
Yes. An adaptor is an adaptor is an adaptor.

Nai_Calus
Aug 4, 2004, 03:08 AM
...Assuming that they use the same phone jacks in Japan that they do in the US.

More correctly, a BROADBAND adapter is an adapter is an adapter.

Phone jacks aren't the same in all countries, though. I've heard the EU Modem Adapters hit into this problem, but I don't know what kind of phone jacks they use in Japan.

BrokenHope
Aug 4, 2004, 08:35 AM
On 2004-08-04 01:08, Ian-KunX wrote:
...Assuming that they use the same phone jacks in Japan that they do in the US.

More correctly, a BROADBAND adapter is an adapter is an adapter.

Phone jacks aren't the same in all countries, though. I've heard the EU Modem Adapters hit into this problem, but I don't know what kind of phone jacks they use in Japan.

I've used a jp modem adaptor in the uk, sure our phone jacks are different size, but most people who have a modem on there pc will already have the required adaptor to make it fit, so it is a non issue.

Evergea
Aug 4, 2004, 08:40 AM
According to a guy selling a Japanese adaptar on E-bay, the Japanese modem does work with an American Cube.

Rich_T
Aug 4, 2004, 11:55 AM
There are some differences between the phone sustems in different countries, although this would only be a problem with equipment older than 5- 10 years, as all new stuff is now multi standard, in both consumer products and equipment installed on the PSTN systems at exchanges.

Arislan
Aug 4, 2004, 12:12 PM
Ok, I realize that yes, some phone jacks are different. I was under the assumption (probably not unwarranted) that the person was in either Japan or the US, in which case, what I say stands. However, if the person happens to be in Herbourgeoviaregivichistein, and has imported said objects... Err, not sure. It'll work in the Cube, yes.