PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate FOnewm mag question

Sitka
Aug 4, 2004, 03:28 AM
Raising some mags can be a bitch!

I've spent the better part of this week attempting to raise a mind mag for my FOnewm and somehow managed to screw the damn thing up - again!

I used Vulpes Mundes' max single stat guide with the idea of raising a mind mag with PB blasts Pilla, Twins, and Estilla and with final stats of 10, 0, 5, 185.

I tried to follow the exact formula listed by senior Mundes, but somehow have mags at 11, 0, 5, 34 and they are Asparus. I made a bigger mistake on a couple of others and ended up with the healing blast instead of Estilla in one case and no third blast at all in the case of another. Shit!

In looking through the mag guides, I see guides for power/dex mags, Satos, Nidras, and Vulpes single-stat max mags.

What I'm looking for is a mag with 5/0/0/195 and the three PB blasts Pilla, Twins, and Estilla. Is that possible? What would the closest mag possible be and is there a guide with moron-proof instructions that I can follow (i.e. step 1, step 2, etc...).

Some of you will argue that there is no such need for such a high mind stat for a FOnewm and that certainly is a valid argument. So, if you have another suggestion/guide that might work better for the FOnewm (and he will be a nuker who uses guns/swords and such when he has to - but primarily a support-online/attack-offline nuker with the 200 end result primary goal).

When I'm convinced as to best way to proceed with the mag raising, I will raise several at one time (I've got around 20 baby mags banked right now) and use them on other characters as well.

So, holla, holla, holla - let me know if I'm totally off base or how I should proceed.

Saffran
Aug 4, 2004, 04:30 AM
Sitka, I fail to see where your problem lies. Feed a naked mag monofluids until it gets to lv 35, then switch to difluids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saffran on 2004-08-04 02:30 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Aug 4, 2004, 05:17 AM
5/0/0/195 is only possible with system mags, which can never have PBs. :3

RAmar-Juko
Aug 4, 2004, 08:20 AM
Ya, like what Ian said, you cant do that for those "regular" mags. The only way you can get a Nidra or sumtin witht those stats is to get a hacked mag, which is bs becasue I play half-legit(lol). If you tell me your Section ID, I may be able to help you.

Sitka
Aug 4, 2004, 08:59 AM
In answer to Saffran, If I follow the concept of monofluids to 35, and difluids after that, will I get the three PB's I'm looking for? That is Pilla, Estilla and, most importantly, Twins?

In answer to Ian, that's kind of what I thought and why the best single-stat mags will always have to put a little bit into other areas to achieve the three PB's for the end-stage mag. Follow-up question, then, for at least two of the mags, I followed Vulpes' formula exactly and still got a bit off (11 def versus 10 def). Is the guide wrong or outdated for this version of PSO? I've checked my feeding charts carefully and believe I was perfect on two of them, but my end stats still came out wrong.

As for section ID's, I have them all. 12 characters, every class represented and every section id covered. I used my Oran Racaseal to develop all my Rati's which are my power/dex mags - 16 in total. I have mind-Satos and power/dex Satos that I raised with both the Skyly Racast and other characters, but the mind-Satos - due to the rare mag requirements - requires more emphasis on an area other than mind (at least 50) to convert into the rare mag. Thus, I was planning on trying to get a better mind-mag than is possible with the rare mag guides.

That leaves Vulpes Mundi's guide as the only one I can find.

So that leaves the question, is there a perfect mind-mag for a FOnewm? I realize that leaves a bit open to opinion, but I'm looking to boost his gi- and ra- techniques, get all three blasts and support his natural abilities to their fullest.

RicoRoyal? Gream? What do you guys think?

Ketchup345
Aug 4, 2004, 09:18 AM
The Twins are automatic on the way that was suggested (Monofluids/Difluids). This would cause MIND and DEF to be the only stats, and since DEF doesn't effect the level 35 evolution (which fully relies on what one stat is highest), you will get the Twins.

Start the Mag with Estlla, and give it to a Viridia, Skyly, Purplenum, Yellowboze, or Redria FOrce, and there is a chance you will get Pilla (you may not, but that's because two stats are equal, which often confuses the game).

Estlla aqnd Twins are automatic, but the stats may cause you to not get Pilla.

For stats, if you want a rare/special Mag, you can go with a 50/0/0/150 (assuming you don't use TP steal weapons). If you don't want a rare/special Mag, you can use the one you made (if you followed the guide exactly). Or you can try to get a Mark III Mag Cell, and find the feeding charts for the Mark III.