PDA

View Full Version : My Random Topic Thread

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:03 AM
Just a whole buch of stuff Ill put here that comes into my mind.

Men vs. Women (just so you know I dont agree with all these sayings although most of them tend to be true ^_^)

1. A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he wants. A woman will pay
$1 for a $2 item that she doesn't want.

2. A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

3. A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife
can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a
man.

4. To be happy with a man you must understand him a lot & love
him a little. To be happy with a woman you must love her a
lot & not try to understand her at all.

5. Married men live longer than single men - but married men
are a lot more willing to die.

6. Any married man should forget his mistakes - there's no use
in two people remembering the same thing.

7. Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed. Women
somehow deteriorate during the night.

8. A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he
doesn't. A man marries a woman expecting that she won't
change and she does.

9. A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man
says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

10. There are 2 times when a man doesn't understand a woman -
before marriage & after marriage.

g0th_gUrL
Jun 17, 2002, 02:10 AM
On 2002-06-17 00:03, TIERREN wrote:
7. Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed. Women
somehow deteriorate during the night.

<sigh> so very true.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:11 AM
Ah yes I woulc've put this stuff in my other topic: Really Stupid People(loke me), but I rather it be on a new thread. Anyways, next Random Topic of the moment: The World's Dumbest.

1.) At Least He Got The Cobwebs

Elyria, OH - Martyn Eskins, attempting to clean out cobwebs in his basement, declined to use a broom in favor of a propane torch and caused a fire that burned the first and second floors of his house.

2.) He Keeps Going and Going and Going....

In October, a 49-year-old San Francisco stockbroker, who "totally zoned when he ran," according to his wife, accidentally jogged off a 200-foot-high cliff on his daily run.

More to come! Contributions are welcome if you have any http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Kent
Jun 17, 2002, 02:12 AM
Ugh... That's just stupid.

Nerd
Jun 17, 2002, 02:14 AM
5. Married men live longer than single men - but married men
are a lot more willing to die.

lmfao...

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:16 AM
3.)Maybe You Should Have Rolled Down The Window First

Paul Stiller, 47, was hospitalized in Andover Township, N. J., in September, and his wife Bonnie was also injured, by a quarter-stick of dynamite that blew up in their car. While driving around at 2 a.m., the bored couple lit the dynamite and tried to toss it out the window to see what would happen, but they apparently failed to notice that the window was closed.

4.)At Least I Ani't Chicken

In February, according to police in Windsor, Ont., Daniel Kolta, 27, and Randy Taylor, 33, died in a head-on collision, thus earning a tie in the game of chicken they were playing with their snowmobiles.

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:25 AM
5.) I Won, Pay Up Now Boys

Sylvester Briddell, Jr., 26, was killed in February in Selbyville, Del., as he won a bet with friends who said he would not put a revolver loaded with four bullets into his mouth and pull the trigger.

6.)It Would Have Been Easier Just To Step On It

In Guthrie, Okla., in October, Jason Heck tried to kill a millipede with a shot from his .22-caliber rifle, but the bullet ricocheted off a rock near the hole and hit pal Antonio Martinez in the head, fracturing his skull.

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:33 AM
7.)KIDS, DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

LOS ANGELES, CA - A woman got burned during an attempt to self exterminate bugs in her home. The woman, whose identity was not beed released, activated 30 fogger-style "bug bombs" in her home, including one in the kitchen area. An ignition source triggered an explosion that authorities say burned the woman,
shattered the windows and lifted the roof three inches. According to fire spokesman Jim Wells, no more than three or four foggers should have been used and the blast caused about $30,000 damage to the 800-square-foot home.

8.) One More Phone Call

Albany, New York - Scott Bernstein, who called the Colonie New York Police Department 6 times hoping to find a prostitute, not believing, apparently, the female dispatcher who kept telling him he was reaching the police department and who kept hanging up on him. On the sixth call the police had had enough and arranged to meet him at a hotel. He then only had one more phone call he could make, and it wasn't for a prostitute.

Source: MSNBC 30-Mar-01

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:49 AM
Temporary Topic of the moment: Odd quotes from people.

"I wish men had boobs because I like the feel of them. It's so funny - when I record I sing with a hand over each of them, maybe it's a comfort thing."
- Baby Spice of the Spice Girls

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said, "Thank God, I'm still alive." But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same again."
- Barbara Boxer, Senator

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. President

"Politics gives guys so much power that they tend to behave badly around women. And I hope I never get into that."
- Bill Clinton, former U.S. president

Life is very important to Americans."
- Bob Dole, U.S. Senator from Kansas

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

"Where the hell is Australia anyway?"
- Britney Spears, Pop Singer

"Please do not feed the animals. If you have any suitable food, give it to the guard on duty."
- Budapest Zoo sign

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 03:13 AM
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
- Charles De Gaulle, former French President

"Rotarians, be patriotic! Learn to shoot yourself."
- Chicago Rotary Club journal, "Gyrator"

"These people haven't seen the last of my face. If I go down, I'm going down standing up."
- Chuck Person, NBA Basketball player

"Most lies about blondes are false."
- Cincinnati Times-Star, headline

"SUPREME COURT REULES THAT MURDERERS SHALL NOT BE ELECTROCUTED
TWICE FOR THE SAME CRIME."
- Cleveland Daily News, Headline

"Lack of brains hinders research."
- Columbus Dispatch, Headline

"Any person who shall lead or drive a bear upon any highway shall be fined not more than $50."
- Connecticut General Statutes, Section 6215

Once again more to come! ^w^

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 03:33 AM
"People that are really very weird can get into sensitive positions and have a tremendous impact on history."
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a --it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation."

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice-President

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system!"
- Dan Quayle, former U.S. Vice President on the concept of a manned mission to Mars

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."
- David Acfield

"All you have to do is go down to the bottom of your swimming pool and hold your breath."
- David Miller, US DOE spokesperson, on protecting yourself from nuclear radiation

"Sit by the homely girl, you'll look better by comparison."
- Debra Maffett, Miss America 1983

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."
- Dizzy Dean explaining how he felt after being hit on the head by a ball in the 1934 World Series.

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 04:35 AM
"Strangely, in slow motion replay, the ball seemed to hang in the air for even longer."
- David Acfield

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law."
- David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes

"We don't want balloons, the plastics, the horror!"
- Doug Heller, Green Party media coordinator

"Can you get a ticket for running a stop sign that is not
there?"
- Driver school applicant

"A billion here, a billion there, sooner or later it adds up to real money."
- Everett Dirksen, Congressman

"Our strength is that we don't have any weaknesses. Our weakness is that we don't have any real strengths."
- Frank Broyles, College football coach

"The streets are safe in Philadelphia. It's only the people who make them unsafe."
- Frank Rizzo, ex-police chief and mayor of Philadelphia.

"There is no housing shortage in Lincoln today - just a rumour that is put about by people who have nowhere to live."
- G.L. Murfin, Mayor of Linc

Ian D
Jun 17, 2002, 02:17 PM
God man those are helluva funny...

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 02:34 PM
Well if anyone else is intested let me know and ill post more up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Ian D
Jun 17, 2002, 03:12 PM
I should be all the motivation you need to post more up!

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 03:23 PM
"FOR RENT: CONDOM... ONLY US$650."
- Ad in Jakarta Post, should have read Condo

"I didn't realize I was in a Buddhist temple."
- Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President when asked about his illegal fundraising activities that took place in a Buddhist temple

"Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious."
- Alan Minter, Boxer

"How to store your baby walker: First, remove baby."
- Anonymous Manufacturer

"Inbreeding is how we get championship horses."
- Carl Gunter, Louisiana state representative, explaining why he was fighting a proposed antiabortion bill that allowed abortion in cases of incest.

"Most cars on our roads have only one occupant, usually the driver."
- Carol Malia, BBC Anchorwoman

(usually eh? wonder what happens when someone else is there instead of the driver)

More to come! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 04:49 PM
"The team has come along slow but fast."
- Casey Stengel, Baseball player/manager

"I think the team that wins Game 5 will win the series. Unless we lose Game 5."
- Charles Barkley, NBA Basketball Player

"Boxing’s all about getting the job done as quickly as possible, whether it takes 10 or 15 or 20 rounds."
- Frank Bruno, Boxer

"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight."
- George Gobel

"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
- George Rogers, NFL New Orleans Saint RB, when asked about the upcoming season

whee!

TIERREN
Jun 17, 2002, 05:04 PM
This will be the last post for Stupid People and random quotes for now if you want to hear more of them then PM me and then ill take it from there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

"For most people, death comes at the end of their lives."
- GLR broadcaster, UK

"I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."
- Greg Norman, Golfer

"Give Bill a second term, and Al Gore and I will be turned loose to do what we really want to do."
- Hillary Clinton, former first lady, at a Democratic fundraiser

"We're going to move left and right at the same time."
- Jerry Brown, Governor of California

"I'd run over my own mother to win the Super Bowl."
- Joe Jacoby, NFL Football player, of the Washington Redskins

"To win, I'd run over Joe's mom too."
- Matt Millen, NFL Football player, of the Raiders

"If I had a choice of having a woman in my arms or shooting a bad guy on a horse, I'd take the horse. It's a lot more fun"
- Kevin Costner, Actor

Well thats it like I said if you want to hear more, then PM me. Bye! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif