PDA

View Full Version : A sideaffect of duping

Zeroparagon
Aug 4, 2004, 03:14 PM
Im not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but recently while playing in games, ive had random people come up to me and ask me for rare weapons, when i tell them that im legit and i found almost every item that i own, and that it would be possible to trade if they wanted. They start cussing me out calling me things like "fucking greedy lamer" and other things. and then i started thinking, this is probably because they have never had to find a legit item in their life, they have just been giving things by dupers for free all their PSO expirience.
Dupers are corrupting our children =(

rising_sunset
Aug 4, 2004, 03:19 PM
Perhaps...or maybe they are just one of them crazy kids that just start ranting at you because they probably don't believe you and think that you are lying. If you play online, there are way more of those people to come.

Tycho
Aug 4, 2004, 06:17 PM
When people have really good rares, I'd think them illegit unless they state otherwise.
Newbies should hunt their own rares instead of flaming people who worked for their own.

I failed to say anything sensible. Again.

darthsaber9x9
Aug 4, 2004, 06:23 PM
On 2004-08-04 16:17, Tycho wrote:
When people have really good rares, I'd think them illegit unless they state otherwise.
Newbies should hunt their own rares instead of flaming people who worked for their own.

I failed to say anything sensible. Again.

unfortuantely, thats the situation now, rather than not having to worry about legit items.

and zero, just ignore them, if you know your items are legit, its their loss.

Eanae
Aug 4, 2004, 06:46 PM
People will be people, and people will be morons. You just have to stop playing with people who act like that, and learn to avoid them. They have no idea of the value of playing the game. They do it to be 'the best' at it, when in reality, they're moving themselves further down the chain to loser nOObs who have no idea how to play the game because since level 1 they've been one hit killing everything. So to wrap up, "Say fuck you nOOb and your stupid hacks." and leave. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

phoenixphire
Aug 4, 2004, 10:22 PM
On 2004-08-04 13:14, Zeroparagon wrote:
Im not sure if anyone else has noticed this or not, but recently while playing in games, ive had random people come up to me and ask me for rare weapons, when i tell them that im legit and i found almost every item that i own, and that it would be possible to trade if they wanted. They start cussing me out calling me things like "fucking greedy lamer" and other things. and then i started thinking, this is probably because they have never had to find a legit item in their life, they have just been giving things by dupers for free all their PSO expirience.

I find that really sad, how the community is more currupt than people's PSO data, which I note, is also caused by the community http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Mystil
Aug 5, 2004, 04:29 PM
I've duped in my days... The true side effect is..

The paranoya that you must dupe every item you find once you learn how to just incase corruption strikes. <_<

YodaSmack
Aug 5, 2004, 09:27 PM
The paranoya that you must dupe every item you find once you learn how to just incase corruption strikes. <_<

man i think thats jsut you. iv never played once online so iv messed around with dupes on a different mem card, nothin special, hey if it gets corrupt the whole fun is finding items so ill find them all over again:)

Dillon133
Aug 5, 2004, 11:05 PM
its starting to seem not worth it to play online with all these bugs unfixed(like every company for every game)i wouldnt wanna spend all that time with hackers who act hardcore for all the "work" theyve done always seems to me that legit players get fucked over for everything even if it isnt from a hacker its just bad luck but thats what we get for being legit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Aug 6, 2004, 08:22 AM
On 2004-08-05 19:27, YodaSmack wrote:

man i think thats jsut you. iv never played once online so iv messed around with dupes on a different mem card, nothin special, hey if it gets corrupt the whole fun is finding items so ill find them all over again:)

Kinda like a broke person being handed 5,000 dollars. He's going to liquidate it very quickly on things he's always wanted. It was the same with items and duping for me. ><

anwserman
Aug 7, 2004, 01:05 AM

Fucking greedy lamer?
Hahaha, what hypocrites. They're the greedy lamers! How can you be greedy when you have the item that you want?... or something.

modoru
Aug 7, 2004, 02:15 PM
On 2004-08-06 23:05, anwserman wrote:

Fucking greedy lamer?
Hahaha, what hypocrites. They're the greedy lamers! How can you be greedy when you have the item that you want?... or something.

Nah I think you mean that they're the lamers cuz they the ones begging for the stuff when you did all the hard work, they fucking hypocrites for just saying that they better than us when they are really just Lil fucking cheaters who have the weps given to them and just doin no work at all, this is why all illegit weapons must...be....DELETED.

Fireal
Aug 7, 2004, 07:06 PM
Hehe negative attitude http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well, I have some cheating based chars, who only use dupes, with % etc.
And I have legit chars, who use what I can find/trade.
I don't feel compelled to dupe using my legit chars, although my Meteor Cudgel is backed up for safety reasons...

If you don't want people who dupe asking to trade, don't hang around with people who dupe, simple as that.
There are plenty of places populated by legits, and not cheaters.

Lenard
Aug 12, 2004, 11:35 PM
children need to be desensitized to a degree

tycho what u said was sensible

people will always be ignorant

and i agree wit Silhouette after playing thru 2 corrupted memory cards, u want to dupe ur bank to another card so u dont loose all the items u worked hard for to some asshole

and im shure duping along with ingnoranceand a severe lack of common sense leads to people acting that way, what can u say its not ur fault some people are stupid.

Joshie
Aug 12, 2004, 11:51 PM
now every1 listen to me i no a lot about dupin. there are no side affects. i no how cheaters think.(i paly both ways if your wondering.) i have raised a legit 200. cheaters cheat because their lazy.... thats the bottom line. if you want to get into detail with me please PM me.

saint_beast
Aug 28, 2004, 02:30 PM

Fucking Greedy Lamers????? How old are they cause that doesn't sound right. Other than that, its sad when ppl can't find items in a more legit matter. I guess you're one of the rare few who legitly finds his/her items, weapons, and all that good shit.

darkholemind
Aug 29, 2004, 01:26 AM
If you look at the ethics of it all were being screwed. When I wanted to trade my oroagito I was laughed at and called a n00b @_@. Um last time I checked I thought a legit version of that item was good. When I got it I was estastic. So I will probably never be able to get a legit item I want in exchange for mine. Some one walked up to me and gave me an EVIL CURST you can't just walk around with a wepon with those drop rates @_@ and just give somebody that tells you something right there. If ST starts banning people for hacks and dupes there are alot of us that will get the boot just because we don't know if what we're getting is legit or not. It shouldn't be that way in the first place. Also sorry if this seems a little off topic, it's really late.

Superguppie
Aug 29, 2004, 11:12 AM
It is late indeed. This topic has been dead for two weeks. So I think this counts as a bump. Please don't. People around here hate that...

Collector
Aug 30, 2004, 12:42 PM
On 2004-08-28 23:26, darkholemind wrote:
If you look at the ethics of it all were being screwed. When I wanted to trade my oroagito I was laughed at and called a n00b @_@. Um last time I checked I thought a legit version of that item was good. When I got it I was estastic. So I will probably never be able to get a legit item I want in exchange for mine. Some one walked up to me and gave me an EVIL CURST you can't just walk around with a wepon with those drop rates @_@ and just give somebody that tells you something right there. If ST starts banning people for hacks and dupes there are alot of us that will get the boot just because we don't know if what we're getting is legit or not. It shouldn't be that way in the first place. Also sorry if this seems a little off topic, it's really late.

One quick question how can ST tell if its duped, what I mean is that it can't be told apart from the original so you are safe, the reason they can't tell is that there is e.g. no time stame on the item like computer programs now.

Its like this I played East tower with a friend and I found a spirit garment, I thought oh great I wanted one of those that was lucky then we went to the floor and I found another one with the same stat.

Nicktendonick
Oct 6, 2004, 03:59 PM
I think in a way that duping and (some) hacked items can actually enhance the gameplay. Because of this, you now have more choices on how you play. You could play legit and go through the struggles, or you can take the easy way out and use hacked items and mags.

It in a way creates a whole dark-side and light-side to the online game and now most players have a choice to stay strong in the light, or to dive into darkness, or just brush darkness slightly (even though it can lead you astray into the shadows). The choice is up to you. But the cheaters like a Ramar with a hacked instant kill needle (saw it once, got PO'ed by the char and left that game), or ppl who pk, fsod, and mass dupe items just ruin the game period, those jackasses have no redeaming qualities. And about that Noob Zeroparagon, the world is filled with people like that, even if you couldn't dupe in GC, he would still ask for a item with some foney reason like FSOD or someone stole it from him. In the end, with a varity of playstlye choices, how you play shows a small picture of your charcter and who you really are.

For me, I back up most of my standard weps, my asuka (with 50 hit, and 90 on NA and AB, its my favorite wep), s-rank gun (lost my red handgun to power outage, non-hacked BKB, chainsaw/red sword/D-slayer; and my loved S-red blades (a must have for any Hunter). Why I backup dupe? When I was new online I lost my 11 best and only rares when i joined a battle game and when the battle game ended my game froze (not FSOD). my game froze again later when i got my first normal BKB, losing my beloved sange and bervace. That's when I searched to find out how to dupe and backup my best weapons. Which is what I do now. And every now and then i dupe a teammate a perfect/resist (i found mine legity) who is getting there ass served by Flaz over and over again and costing us that SS rank on TTF.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nicktendonick on 2004-10-06 14:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nicktendonick on 2004-10-06 15:57 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Oct 6, 2004, 05:28 PM
Nicktendonick, please don't bump old topics. Read the forum rules http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nicktendonick
Oct 6, 2004, 05:35 PM
........ Sorry, I didn't look at the time those posts were posted. I just posted because I wanted to say my 2 cents.

(Also I forgot to put in a important thing in my previous post. I'm gona fix my post and then I'll leave the topic alone)

Zinger314
Oct 6, 2004, 07:06 PM
And every now and then i dupe a teammate a perfect/resist (i found mine legity) who is getting there ass served by Flaz over and over again and costing us that SS rank on TTF.

If you dupe, why do you need an SS Rank anyways?!

Isn't a Red Ring one hundred times better than the Purble Ring?!

BonusKun
Oct 7, 2004, 02:35 AM

Fruits....

Nicktendonick
Oct 7, 2004, 05:30 AM
On 2004-10-06 17:06, Zinger314 wrote:

If you dupe, why do you need an SS Rank anyways?!

Isn't a Red Ring one hundred times better than the Purble Ring?!

Yes, I use red ring (don't know about item's legitality), but I want to get the SS rank cause i want a Purple Ring for myself and the second reason was to get that legendarly SS rank, which i have always tried to do in Ult., but I keep on getting S-rank instead of SS-rank. And I don't want to use a 300% dark bkb cause then it takes out the challenge of beating Flaz; I could, but I don't want to.

ZangBa
Oct 7, 2004, 08:25 AM

wat lvl is ur person and wat is theres. if ur better beat the shit out of thier persona and then take the item and lets see wat theylle do then.

SJ
Oct 8, 2004, 09:38 AM
On 2004-08-05 19:27, YodaSmack wrote:

You obviously dont have uber rares then...
So you'd just love it if that SJS you got after 20,000 seaside runs corrupt and you could have so much fun doing the whole thing again? bleh im tempted to dupe my stuff but i dont